scientificamerican.com/article/the-net-neutrality-debate-in-2-minutes-or-less/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It just is.

it just isnt: for anything above micro measurements millimetres is perfect

americans are too stupid to count anyway so a logical system doesnt matter

Machinist/user here. Fuck metricucks

Went to the moon. Fucking duh.

Muh metric system

only measurement system to go to the moon?

yuropoors btfo

normally I;m hard on america for it's faults this picture puts it all into perspective. :')

It just is dude.

people here don't even know imperial measurements any more, might as well switch

Dunno maaan, maybe ask your smartest at NASA
...they using metric system, also they have much higher average IQ than a regular american

an inch is a nice size for small things
a foot is a nice size for big things
a yard is a nice size for huge things
fractions are useful because division is common
12 has a lot of factors
etc

Idk why this is a thing really. The great inventors used the metric systems and then some hipster ass american came along decided to change it.

I love how left-wing reddit fags will try to take down anyone for saying anything remotely homophobic or racist but as soon as this ajit pai guy went against them they've shopped hundreds of photos of him sucking dicks or eating poop, which is homophobic and racist towards the proud Hindu people.

So you need step by step metrics to visiualize things? I am 1,76m (yeah i know manlet) but that always helped me put things into perspective.

because it fits better the burger education

The whole millimeter, centimeter, meter, kilometer thing just makes more sense.

imperial is objectively better for making quick estimates. For example, if something is about 3 dick-lengths long, its around 18 inches. If something is about 4 hand widths long, its about 14 inches long. Also, its much better for height. Who the fuck wants to measure their height in the range of hundreds of CM, when you can give a height in feet/inches that accurately places you in a height group, and gives you an idea of where you rank in that group.

better for car repair tbqh

Because it isn't.

scientificamerican.com/article/the-net-neutrality-debate-in-2-minutes-or-less/

It's almost like they are all hypocrites and awful people in general that are just following whatever is the trendiest to virtue signal to everyone how not awful they are

you just gave examples based on your worldview. if i know that the average lenght from ellbow to wrist is 31cm i can deduce a lot of shit from that too.

>you just gave examples based on your worldview
yes, that's what people do when they talk to each other

but it doesnt prove how one unit is "objectively" superior to the other.

yeah but the metric versions are much larger numbers, since CM is too small IMO for body measurements. 31 cm is a more difficult number to do quick math to than 6 inches (dick length) or 3.5 inches (hand width)
Maybe it people stopped being retards and starting using decimeters it would be better

>why is imperial better than metric?

You can divide by 3.

no difference between objective and subjective other than point of view t b h
my opinions are objective to me

Like we ever hide how shitty we are.

Too many syllables in metric.
Mile vs kilometer
Yard vs meter
Inch vs centimeter
Quart vs liter
Pint vs half liter

on a similar note
human brains are good at memorization, slow at calculation
easier to know what a bunch of different units are than to split up one unit for everything

Actually people don't measure their heights in hundreds of centimeters on a daily basis - at least not in here. We say "1,70 meters" or "1 meter and 70", or any combination of this.

i get why you consider it better because of smaller numbers which can be true if you arent used to it. i've thought my whole life in metric so i can do all these rough estimates quite accurate in my head. decimeters would be a good alternative which is actually done in finland.

How many metres in a kilometer
How many centimetres in a metre
How many millimetres in a centimetre

How many feet to a mile
How many feet to a yard
How many inches to a foot

Fuck off. It's a stupid system that only three countries in the world use.

cgs is God's unit system. Anything else is heresy.