Black Lagoon

Is it a dead series?

Anime is probably dead, it's been eleven years since it aired. Mango is still going.

I hope so. It sucked.

>Mango is still going.
Wow, I'm shocked. END YOUR STORIES

Took you how many years to realize that?

Generally speaking a series with a hiatus longer than 6 months can be considered well and truly dead. It's almost unheard of for a series to come back from the grave after being gone for half an year.

In fact. Heck. I don't think any popular series going on hiatus for that long has ever come back.

>Mango is still going.
It's not.

What is Berserk, d.gayman and hunterxhunter.

Iirc popular series can go dead with no updates for years if the publishers feel there is still cash to milk.

Hunter x Hunter tho

The thing is none of these 3 has ever really had 6 consecutive months of no content. Even if the content was not manga.
And not even Berserk has gone on for 3 consecutive years (and counting) without a single chapter published.
Also it's good to point out Berserk went on hiatus when the series was in a popularity slump and the new anime was used as a springboard for following chapters.

Black Lagoon stopped when it was at the pinnacle of it's popularity. Since the story is more or less animated there is nothing to boost interest.

It's well and truly dead.

Except it had a public announcement that it was beginning in spring again

Look around before you become negative Nancys

HOTD had an announcement like that as well years ago. It's still dead.

Let's see how many chapters Rei can manage if any. If I have to be honest I don't think he has it in him. He's not touched manga or doujin in years.

What else do they have to show for HOTD? More anime tiddies? The story stopped going anywhere once they left the high school anyway so a new season would be a waste of time and money.

Really, has an author ever flat out come out and said "I don't know how to end this shit so I'm giving up"?

Yeah pretty much. Even if they did a new season everyone would hate it.

I really didn't like how Madhouse changed canon in Robert's Blood Trail but why would everyone hate it?

There isn't nearly enough material for them to adapt but what's there so far is fine

They do. Then their editor ends the series for them. Naturally it's never made public.

The difference is those people typically start working on another series intermittently. The ones that do want to still do manga.

In contrast people with just one series that do stop it in the middle of nowhere very rarely finish. They've typically lost any enjoyment for the medium and even if they get back to it it's obvious they are barely involved in the process and most of the work is done by ghost writers and assistants. *cough cough Berserk cough cough*

I liked the Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now feeling of the OVA but god damn the writing was so stupid.

>berserk
Source? If Berserk was done by assistants like you say, we should see more than 2 chapters per year.

Far from it actually.

Yup, dead.

HSotD is dead, this is a damn zombie. Hiroe should drop it and move on.

No.

Fuck off with your negative vibes.

Triggered nigger

Hurry up already you lazy gook asshole!