Do any other ex-Christians here ever feel like going back to Christianity just because of how /comfy/ it it?

Do any other ex-Christians here ever feel like going back to Christianity just because of how /comfy/ it it?
I was raised Christian and had genuine faith up until about the age of 18, where my growing doubt and cynicism made me feel that I couldn't honestly say I believed anymore.
After that I stopped attending church and other events, but now I'm starting to feel like I want to go back.
I used to attend Christian festivals every year (Soul Survivor / Momentum for any UK anons) and they were some of the /comfiest/ weeks of my life. Camping isolated from the rest of the world and instead being surrounded by thousands of genuinely good people who make a constant effort to improve themselves and free themselves from all degeneracy is such a beautiful environment to be in. I don't think I'm ever going to get as close to utopia as you feel being amongst 10,000 non-degenerates late at night all united worshipping God together.

Random example of some /comfy/ worship for any anons who were raised as faithlets:
youtube.com/watch?v=nQWFzMvCfLE

So my question is, how do you ex-Christian anons deal with wanting to go back because of how pure Christians are, but no longer having faith?
I feel like it would be extremely wrong for me to lie to everyone and myself that I believe just so that I can go back, but goddamn do I miss how genuinely pure and comfy Christian communities are.

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalxpress.com/news/2014-01-brain-interactions-differ-religious-non-religious.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repent!

Maybe you "wanting to go back" is God calling you back on the righteous path.

Maybe you should listen to Him.

Repent the Kingdom is at hand!

Are you me? I miss the comfyness of it but I know that it's still an illusion.

Maybe you guys are right, I've not got much to repent though because I've strictly stuck to Christian values even after loosing faith, it just deeply saddens me that no-one else on this planet seems to be able to do the same.
I just wish that other people would work to cut degeneracy out of their lives completely and work on becoming good people. Even "good" non-Christians are just as bad as the rest of the degenerates because people don't seem to be able to uphold their moral standards without the fear of someone watching over them.

Already did m8. Except I'm begoming Catholic now not divorce women priest sodomite church

Christianity is a jewish lie. If you seek the divine you will not find it from a semitic foreskin ettin.

Why would it be a jewish lie if it goes against everything (((they))) are trying to push (except for maybe encouraging immigration and disregarding race realism)?
Christianity can be pretty bluepilled but I'd say overall it redpills you much more.
My Christian values haven't changed much since coming here.

Hah. Some of my favorite writers and singer-songwriters are still Christian:

C.S.Lewis, George MacDonald;
Don Francisco, 2nd Chapter of Acts.

Comfy and challenging, in turn. I'd love to have the faith of one of them, but it cannot be.

>Already did m8. Except I'm begoming Catholic now not divorce women priest sodomite church

Because Catholicism is any less heretical than hillshit.

OP you sound like a fucking coward, carve your own destiny based on what you believe is truth, not for longing over a sense of community.

A part of me believes that if Jesus was around he wouldn't want hordes of heretics flooding into Christian lands committing atrocities with little/no consequences. Maybe i'm wrong..

>carve your own destiny based on what you believe is truth, not for longing over a sense of community

this so fucking hard

Same thing here, but different.

> Be me
> Raised christian
> Love church, love god
> Hit puberty
> Realize I can't fight being gay
> Grow to realize I would never be accepted
> Leave church
> Become adult
> Ignore my family talking about god
> Go through life
> Life happens, then keeps happening
> Shit's hard
> Re-discover prayer as a comforting tool
> Start to reminisce on my old faith
> Realize God never hated me, I just didn't fit in
> Buy a new cross, start wearing it
> Start reading bible, meditating and praying

Christianity is a mysterious love story. And I'm semi back semi hesitant.

>carve your own destiny based on what you believe is truth, not for longing over a sense of community
Fuck off with this bullshit.
If muh individualism is so great and wanting to be around people with the same values as you is so bad then why are you even here?

Too bad your a sodomite and God will punish you eternally in hell for taking it up the pooper..

But honestly, how do you pray knowing that God despised sodomites? Provided you aren't a perverted fuck and are just attracted to the masculine, how are your terms with Jesus?

kekd

I'm not saying a sense of community is toxic or self-destructive, But if OP's decision for truth is BASED of community then hes a retard.

Individualism is at the center of everything. Keeping the discussion Sup Forums related Doctrine of Facism by Mussolini stresses that yes nationalist nations are a collective force, but behind the nation is the individual. A man working towards the greater good, his destiny, the betterment of his people. It all starts with the individual.

ccm is so lame. go catholic bro. no divorce or openly gay priests or women priests

But the ultimate goal of the indovidualist is transcendence. This means the individual becomes so strong, so self-reliant they never lie or misrepresent anything. That is to achieve pure intelligence which is what Jesus was teaching.

Plus Musdolini was a bitch.

I'm sure those who didn't take the Kool Aid at Jonestown wish they could go back. It's called brainwashing and it's hard to shake the cult mentality. That is why religion still survives to begin with. Go become a teacher at a school or mentor at a community center if you desire human comradery.

No, Earth is where people come to learn the difference between shit and shinola. If you're not motivated enough to even try to sort out whether or not an asshole is a sexual organ it's better God makes you into a potted plant.

>A part of me believes that if Jesus was around he wouldn't want hordes of heretics flooding into Christian lands committing atrocities with little/no consequences. Maybe i'm wrong..
You are wrong. He would turn the other cheek and let them get on with it.

There is no such thing as a former Christian or Ex Christian. You're either saved and justified by God's Grace and Christ's Blood or you're unsaved, unregenerate. Repent and humble yourself before God. That he may pour out his grace upon you.

Why don't you go back and see how you feel

I do.

This. Quit being a child.

i left christianity. in germany the christian leaders are unbelievable pathetic cucks who wood give their daughters to niggers and sannd niggers for rape to not be called racist. you will never see harder white guilt bull shit than in the german church. they completely lost their mind.

My christcuck parents ruined Christianity for me. If they were born in my generation they would both have been bullied to suicide.

Being a devout anything is just incompatible with the modern world.

don't let other christians' degeneracy stop you from becoming a follwer, user. lead by example.

on the picture above you see some sub saharan africans who had to flle to germany from syrian civil war.

i'm going back to church this sunday. i know it's difficult to change but it's worth it, for the long term benefits. you have nothing to lose.

Fucking protestcucks and their glorification of the simple plain cross your art and churches fucking suck kys

Found Milo

>nor is there male and female

Jesus was a tranny.

We will welcome you back user, come home!!

I was brought up in a devout Protestant (Southern Medhodist) household. Even as a child I hated going to church, hated hearing stories out of the Bible, hated the foreign swarthy Bible characters even before I learned about Jews I knew that the Bible characters were not White like me and belonged to some inferior desert race. I hated everything about Christianity - it's threats of eternal torment, its boring reward of a heavenly afterlife with nothing fun or interesting to do, the obsession over trying to make people feel guilty about Jesus getting nailed to a cross like it was our fault somehow - I don't miss anything about it. Church sucked,

That is true but unattainable for a human, not sure what your argument is there though.

The asshole being a sexual organ is irrelevant. I feel as though homosexuals see it as a means to an end to experience love for the masculine, they know it is "unnatural". I have never met a Christian homosexual I would like to dive into this guys mind because there would definitely be some deep rooted conflict.

>If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed; but if it happens after sunrise, he is guilty of bloodshed. A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft”. Exodus 22

Christianity has a lot of pacifism but I feel that when It is necessary to "draw the sword" then do so. After all, if we turned the other cheek since the beginning, we wouldn't have a Church or a Christian God at all (Crusades/Muslim invasion of Europe 355-1291)

just attend church even if you don't believe. Just try for your sanity's sake.

Yes, definitely. I went to a Presbyterian church a few months back and the congregation was really nice and welcoming, but I felt like a total fraud, and I couldn't tell them I was really an atheist. I'm thinking about trying a Unitarian Universalist church. That way I can have some kind of church community without feeling like I'm lying to them.

How about joining an Independent Fundamentalist Bapist church?

No, Im disgusted by Yahwahists.

Yahwah isnt God neither is Jesus.

It's not enough, you need the church to be less shitty.

That's why they are called independent. Germany's state churches (Catholic and Protestant) officially live on tax monies, they are in bed with the government.

Note that this is literally the opposite of what Jesus did, and just goes to show that "turn the other cheek" doesn't mean "be a passive little bitch."

Race of vipers

No, only larpers are here, I don't go to Church on sunday, I shit on the Bible and firmly state Yeshuah us nothing but a kike on a stick and his false God and cultists are all damned.

To correct a few larpers.

Christianity isn't western civilization, it doesn't define whites, it isn't good for whites, it isn't European and us as foreign to Europeans as Islam or Hinduisn, and it isn't distinct from other faiths nor is true.

Zeus is the true God and Hesiod is his prophet repent or face damnation.

Find yourself a serious Church. Get into traditional Catholicism, user.

Recently did. Feels great.

Poor Bait, friend. Here's a few (You)'s to make up for your sad excuse of a life, however.

Quit sticking your dick in buttholes. God didn't create you to engage in such utter filth.

>nigga post

Did Jesus turn the other cheek while He was whipping money changers?

My church growing up was fucked up. Some of the most rotten kids I ever met were in my sunday school grade. Just assholes.

I'm trying to make things more comfy for my own kids regarding the church experience.

As an adult, I kind of like the routine of hearing about an entity who cares about me on a weekly basis.

Jesus literally is God.

Jesus is not God and Yahwah is not God neither are moses or abraham prophets.

Repent and worship the true God Zeus or face damnation.

I was raised catholic and prefer mass and sunday school but the popes have turned it into crap and evangelicals even though I spent time in summer camps with them are weird with tongues. I don't really have a place to go right now. Fellowship isnt there. I went to mass 2 years ago and it was nothing but beaners.

Belonging modern/evangelical progresist christian movements/churchs is actually worse than being a satanic wanderer...

If you are not a baptist is not worth being a christian.

All Christians will burn in damnation for eternity.

just pedophile priests! nothing wrong with those though.

Yeah...probably, but is comfy being baptist nonetheless

The attack on western values is to large.

You never realized it, but the role of the church wasn't to tell people what to do with their genitals.

Heck yeah OP. I am going to church tomorrow. Been checking into a lot of online Church stuff too. Like IHOPKC.org and Bethel.com (and listening to Francis Chan too.)
All those guys are 99.9% wrong on race realism and the Jewish Problem and 80% wrong on Israel, but they know Jesus and the music is some of the best (of any genre) there is.

Anybody here ever genuinely tried to have faith, but simply never been able to?

I'm not opposed to Christian doctrine, I just cannot bring myself to actually believe in any of it.

you have brain problems. well not problems but your brain works differently.

Right here. Church is fine, but I don't feel anything.

You're a fucking asshole and not a real christian.

>but your brain works differently.
Does it really, though?

It's worth mentioning that my parents are non-religious and never mentionned the slightest word about religion when I was growing up. I can't help but feel like most people in my situation would also find faith to be an alien concept.

Faith is just to believe something that you haven't personally observed, it's an act of the intellect and not a feeling. Check out Ed Feser's The Last Superstition for a good overview of the traditional teaching of the Church on this

okay real christian. I'm talking about this

medicalxpress.com/news/2014-01-brain-interactions-differ-religious-non-religious.html

Zeus is made up. There's no evidence for your pagan BS. Worship the Lord your God who died on the cross for your transgressions and rose from the dead.

Ask God, like pray right now, ask for faith. The Bible says faith to believe is a gift from God anyway. Ask and receive. Ask and receive and believe; repent and obey. You gotta trust the Word of God, and once you believe even a little, you have to turn from the sin you see to be in the light. You are close user. And Jesus is closer. Ask, The Father gives of His Spirit generously.

Dysfunctional people are the only ones who have those sudden revelations and get all emotional. That, and spastic extroverts who get all high off of group theatrics.

Normal people like us; our "faith" is being "good" even though we don't have to pr don't want to. Less exciting, but that's how it works.

I was once a Pastor of a Evangelical congregation. I have never developed this feeling that you speak of. Are you sure you have found the truth OP? The truth is Jesus is a myth. Man created God. The Abrahamic Religions are cancers to mankind.

So what. God gives us the "mind of Christ" which overcomes unbelief in our natural bodies. 'Tis all sorts of miracles.

I was raised christian, fell out of it, don't believe in an afterlife but I go to church services and try to live by christ's teachings because I genuinely believe it's a way to make the world an objectively better place.
I'd believe if I could.
Merry Christmas anons!

what scripture says that? i dont doubt you just curious

God's not real in the literal sense. Most fags end there and thus lose thousands of years of moral value because "muh fedora".
or as the Bible puts it "professing themselves wise they became fools".
Morality is an evolved trait used by humans to utilize our higher brain functions to maximize survival and potential, both on a personal level and as a race.
If you ignore the teachings of the Bible regarding morality, you're a moron and deserve the earthly punishment that is an inevitable consequence of living against your best interests.

>Faith is just to believe something
But to believe with a certain degree of strength/conviction, no? Practically all self-identified faithful people seem to have a lot of emotion invested in it, which I guess is something that I would always lack, even if I were able to rationalize it completely.

>medicalxpress.com/news/2014-01-brain-interactions-differ-religious-non-religious.html

That just tells me that being more religeous creates it. Not the other way around.

>Ask God, like pray right now, ask for faith. The Bible says faith to believe is a gift from God anyway. Ask and receive. Ask and receive and believe; repent and obey.
I hadn't viewed it that way previously, I will honestly give this a try. Though, if I'm to be honest, I don't think it'll change anything. But either way, thanks.

The core of christianism is that a the right, honest, perfect man triumphed over death.

Nobody have, nobody will...only him, the Son of God.

Now, this should inspire you to trust in goodness, rightness, honesty and decency.

But this is not what churches teach about, what churches teach is that God is love, and he loves you, despite being you a sore loser that wants to get into a religion to feel better with yourself and with horrible conscience, and your horrible mistakes in your live...

This just leads that churches turn easely in big madhouses filled with hypocrites...

But is comfy anyways, also is the best place to be in a a sunday morning.

1 Corinthians 2:13-16
These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?”[e] BUT WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST

i don't want to ruin anyone's faith because I do believe faithfulness is better than atheism however what you're describing can be done with anything.
You're creating a tulpa, an imaginary friend, a voice of God in your head. I do it all the time to try to alter my perspective and it has nothing to do with "spirits"
For instance you could imagine a literal angel on your shoulder and have conversations with it every day and it will drudge up your unconcious ideas about good and evil to help you make decisions. It's still part of you though.

I think you just need to look at rational arguments for the existence of God (as Ed Feser mentions, Aristotle's argument from change is the best and most convincing one) and then rational arguments for things like the Resurrection and natural law and whatnot. Once you realise that religion is based in rationality and not superstition, then you'll start to actually practice it and it's at this point that you'll start to develop the feeling (this has been my experience). Lots of modern Christians just have the feeling with them, and that's fine, but they think that it will work if they tell other people who don't have this feeling to just have this feeling (just believe). It doesn't work for everyone (it didn't work for me). Some of us need to go deeper than that

Religious temperament, without religious faith.

>This just leads that churches turn easely in big madhouses filled with hypocrites...

Unfortunately true. It's full of extremes - on one hand there are genuinely good people and then there are those who "steal a bike and pray for forgiveness". Every "devout" Christian girl I've ever dated was a total narcissist bitch and turned out to be a shitty person in the end. Go figure.

The CofE endorses homosexuality, transgenderism, sex out of marriage, and even wished the curse of faggotry on the young prince. Unless you join some tiny devout denomination, you're wandering into cuck territory these days.

You might want to check out the Orthodox Faith, brother. God bless!

It's not just the Church of England

I've been an atheist for years. I still tell people I'm Catholic though, and I attend church on occasion. It's not because I'm a closeted atheist or I'm afraid of what others would think, it's because I'm genuinely happier with that group of people. Atheists have no traditions or family values. I'd personally never want to marry one

maybe is Christians hadn't spend centuries vandalizing and bulldozing sacred pagan monuments, they'd have more impressive things to show for it?

I recently started attending a Baptist church after years of being a very enlightened fedora. I've been in the past to Baptist churches in the city that felt more like business conventions than a church, so I think that the individual church is much more important than the denomination.

However, I've come to believe that a church community is a huge benefit to your life. Nearly every community pillar I can name was a churchgoing man, and the morals/brotherhood taught in most churches are a very good foundation for a society even if you don't believe. Even a non-churchgoing atheist will thrive more in a strong Christian community than a secular one, I believe, because a Christian faith gives people reason to reach out and build relationships rather than being recluses glued to their shitty MMOs.

God is not microwave dinner. He is worthy of all honor and glory. He's nature is so humble and His confidence in His ability to perfect us so complete, that He enjoys relationship with us in our weakness, as we look to Him, even in our little faith having selves.
Only advise is that when you ask God for faith and right relationship with Him, ask big! Don't ask for crumbs. His plan is to give, those who are His, His eternal kingdom. Big destiny for those who believe. Many Christians are timidly waiting in the wings, with guilt and fear because our enemy, the Devil, convinced them they are disqualified for greatness in God.

>i miss my comfy waterbed
christian attitude, eternal children

oh, of course not. they are just the biggest and most cucked branch over here, who basically have just adopted the labour party social policy as religious doctrine.

Thanks mate, what you just wrote resonates with me much more than anything I've ever previously read. I'll definitely take a look at "The Last Superstition".

Trips of truth!!!

>Every "devout" Christian girl I've ever dated was a total narcissist bitch and turned out to be a shitty person in the end
Perhaps the Christian doctrine of forgiveness leads to an increasing sense of devotion and reverence on Sundays, in the hope that the Lord will forgive their ever-climbing weekday sins?

Either way, I agree that the most vocal Christians (especially the exclusionary Christians, who want to feel superior to or exclude non-believers) tend to be trying to hide their own sins. My best experiences have always been with small churches, but as with any small community there are poor ones. Whether you want to ascribe that to pure random chance or to a divine sign of the lack of faith in the hearts of the congregation, I believe you should not stop your search for a good church until you find one.