Why was this kid such a giant pussy?

Why was this kid such a giant pussy?

He needed a good dicking

He spent the entire series saving assholes solely out of a sense of obligation to them.

Because he was a human, not an anime character.

he had a hell of a hard life
are you so literally autistic that you're unable to understand that?

Why do morons like you keep spamming evangelion threads?

Entire world is fucked up from second impact
+ his mom suicided herself in front of him
+ his dad is a sociopath
Great combo right here

Are you talking about yourself, OP?

No parents. Lots of stress. Hard work. You do the math yourself.

>Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?
Why was this messiah such a giant pussy?

he wasn't

>Misato
>7 different kinds of STDs

wow did this guy even watch the series?

that's called comedic exaggeration

exaggeration of what?

He wasn't, and when he was he always came back.

Why so many shinji/eva threads lately?

>Father, why have you forsaken me?
I can see where you're coming from. However, lot of people don't watch anime to see human weakness, compassion or suffering. Or heaven forbid hear an ethical dilemma that will continue to niggle them every time they think about the show. Panem et circenses.

He literally isn't though.

He risks his life countless times and puts himself in situations few others were willing to. Asuka thought she was invincible, Rei knew somehow they had 100 clones of her elsewhere. People kept telling him he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to but then turned around and said "you must get in the Eva, you mustn't run away"

>I'm the only one risking my life every time I get in the Eva. You all just sit safely at headquarters giving orders. You wanna tell me how that's fair?

He has daddy issues, OP.

who doesn't?

>Piloting a mecha into certain doom for good boy points only
nah.

Because he been living with his pedophile teacher, he made a good girl of him

For fuck's sake, people always make that judgement on him based on the 1st episode. Guess what? He DOES get in the fucking robot. Sure, it took a massive guilt-trip from Rei, but he did it.

He's a 14 year old Japanese boy. They say "Gomen nasai" to vegetables-san before eating it.

>good looking alcoholic slut
>somehow stays loyal to kaji even though they broke up 8 years ago
Something's not adding up

I've seen a lot of people spouting that shitty get in the robot meme who believes Shinji rarely gets in the Eva.
Makes me wonder if these people actually watched the show.

He spawned worse characters.

You've never seen her in her free time. Who says she didn't mess around? She might still be in love but she had to fulfill her needs.

Not Rei though. Gendo did it.

PREPARE TO BE COMPLETELY BTFO

The post i was replying to implied that Misato didn't fuck.

What do you mean?

I guess I misunderstood or something. Poor Makoto didn't get any.

>then turned around and said "you must get in the Eva, you mustn't run away"
Only Misato and only in End. Shinji's reminded he volunteered over the show, never in the sense that he'd signed up and they owned him, the tone was that he was the same guy with the same motivations who'd done that. The confrontations over running away were in his own head because cognitive dissonance is three-fifths of the character.

So on top of all else she's a liar as well.

>Shinji is a giant pussy
>Asuka is a giant dick

They go pretty well together.

Like rope and a shovel.

Pretty well, then?

I can't see it happening. How long it would take for one of them to kill the other? Or would they simply get taller together?
When they got closer in the show, it caused the end of mankind.

I'm just humoring you. I don't see AS working either.
Recently I had a thought about how risky the whole magma diver episode was, and how Misato should have been fired for this.
This brought me to how Shinji would deal with Asuka's Ev's hand slipping and her dying in the voclano.
This brought to a thought I never really put a lot of time into before: "How long does Eva take, really?" So Sup Forums said approx 4 months.
And yeah, with the shit that happened between them in 4 months, there is no way they can live a happy lifetime together.

You both know Shinji is better off with either Rei or Misato. They both care for him in a very genuine "from the heart" type of way. Where Kaworu has no qualms with ruining Shinji's life because he feels for it one day, and Asuka simply uses Shinji for validation, the blue and purple-haired girls bring both lust and motherly affection for Shinji, a perfect combination.

I like Rei, and I see the appeal of Misato (because muh forbidden fruit) but I don't know how it would work outside of fanfiction.

Shipping is inherently fanfiction, as in Evangelion there aren't any final or actual couplings between Shinji and another. I don't regard it as anything else.

Shinji without Asuka would be even more desperate. It's a catch-22, if anything.

>14 yr old x thirtysomething would make for a good relationship

>You both know Shinji is better off with either Rei or Misato.

Shinji deserves better than these fucked up women.

Let him have a nice, responsible and not-fucked-up girl. Like Maya or Hikari.

Shinji shares a house with Asuka and still can't manage to fall in love, and you think it would work?
I would too if some crazy german bitch yelled at me like this

Maybe, and Misato and Rei deserve a lot better than a messed up person like Shinji. We are artificially limit their choices here for the sake of argument.

The thing is, Rei can get all the men she wants because she can literally be in two places at the same time. So we're not really limiting her choices.
I got nothing on Misato though.

>people unironically deciding who the Eva characters deserve to be with
>Not understanding that the series doesn't care about plot
>Not understanding that the characters would not be what you think they are if they were real
>not understanding that Eva encourages you to forget about these stupid things and win your own bawls
Eh

That would work, except those are harder to find. They are as elusive as the dragons supposedly guarding them.

'Death of the author'. Everything is much more enjoyable after that.

I am a hikikomori for 3 years. The only way I can experience anything romantic is if I see it on a screen.
Also fun things are fun.

>hikikkomori
Unironically? How do you live? Where do you get the money? Do you have any friends or people you're close with?

Rei can only be at one place, unless we're talking about Goddess Rei, but Goddess Rei isn't really looking for a boyfriend.

Have vat full of Reis, will travel.

They dissolve once you pull them out, unfortunately. They're just spare parts for Rei.

I live in my mom's attic and only work during the tourist season. I do have "friends" and try to go out for a beer once or twice per week, but I'm not close with anyone. I'm kind of socially invisible because of not having any money. Girls look at me like I belong to a caste.

I spend most of the day reading or on Sup Forums. Applied to hundreds of jobs. Had a gf in another town for a year, then she stalked me for another year.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but I can't find the episode where Ritsuko opened the vat. I think I remember the Reis being comatose (no soul, no memories) but not tang'd.

Rei says they're just spare parts for Rei. With no AT-fields, they collapse, so the machine is keeping it together.

Yeah, but since a soul generates an AT-Field, wouldn't beta-Rei be solid if she had the upload from alpha-Rei? What's keeping us from keeping alpha and beta Rei once the upload is done?

I don't remember: was he raised up by relatives or in orphanage?
If it's the latter - he's just omega because people usually either toughen up or break down in the orphanage.
If it's the former - probably raised by some cunt aunt without male role model.

Aunt and uncle who never showed him any love.
He was mostly a burden to them.

I'm convinced orphanage is worse than prison. At least in prison you know why you're in it. I can't even imagine what it would be to have your childhood stolen.

By his teacher
This guy mixes up the original series and the manga

A school teacher Gendo knew in the show, basically boarding school forever, no other detail. Yui's brother in manga.

Why is Gendo such a dick?

On the upside: it's some of the few places in first\second world where natural selection still actually works.
It produces some of the toughest motherfuckers there are and broken roadside trash.
It's arguable what fate is worse: waste your life as an indecisive mancunt after a regular childhood or get a chance to grow some balls.

how is that an "upside"

Shinji is cute!!

Weeding out the weak.
I mean it should happen in some form or another.
Imagine people like Sup Forumsnons would reproduce.

Anime Hitler was lightyears better than Shinji ever could hope to be. Never hated an MC more.

heaven forbid.

T O K Y O - 3
O
K
Y
O

lol shut up pol

Shu himself wasn't a bad character, he was just surrounded by bad characters.

No, as once the soul goes away, tang. Like in EOE.

HE'S ONLY 14 YEARS OLD