Precure Thread

>KiraKira in 2 days
>mfw

Talk about KiraKira's first two episodes, or tell us what Pretty Cute season you are watching right now, user.

Love!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuharu_Takanashi
youtube.com/watch?v=f1J4ZZgdh8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

?

Well, as for myself, I am finishing Smile right now, but probably going to watch more Sgt Frog before moving on to Doki. I have mixed feelings about smile, but right now I will say that I like giant black shadow monsters in pretty cure.

I am enjoying KiraKira so far. The cooking gimmick isn't particularly intrusive and I find it enjoyable whenever it happens because honestly I have the cooking level of a 5yo anyway and it is useful for me to see these things. I think the animal theme is being used really well so far especially in the combat scenes, but I also I enjoy how even their human forms do it, like KAAASUTADO being squirrely or Ichika hopping around all the time. The blue lion seems to be the lead singer in a rock band so there's the roar. Precure is saved again. Thank you based Toei bros.

I think that KiraKira has promise. The whole idea of baking superheroes saving the sugar from being stolen out of candy, and "no you can't have my candy that has my love in it," is just goofy as fuck. But I can see some motivation and development for the characters as a result. Hell, Haruka's dream of becoming a pretty princess was arguably worse, but that turned out well.

I guess we'll see how it turns out.

>VLC

There really is a lot of mind break in "smile" pretty cure isn't there?

Done.
But I made a lot of mistake. (my cups were too big)

Watched Doki movie, was disappointed. Storyline about forgotten things and moving to the future was OK, but all the wedding related things felt like they were out of character for the series. Scene in the beginning when girls debate which of them is going to get married first was unbelievable. And that "going to the future" part with Mana's actual wedding to some faceless dude (who is 100% not Regina). Just ugh.

Looks tasty.

I might look into how to make caramel (I have stuff I might use it with) and I've always been curious about making some from scratch. I'm not sure that custard is a priority for me to learn, though.

Looks great user, post her face as well.

You have to finish the custard right now before you can un-wilt that dude's heart flower over there though!

Quite enjoying Suite so far, Hibiki and Kanade grew on me really quickly, and the ost has been top notch so far.

I want to krkrkrr krr's krkrrs

Nice, the cream looks delicious.

Also, Suit has some nice faces.

Finishing Smile now and going to miss this composer who did Fresh -> Smile. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuharu_Takanashi

The music is sort of on fire or something. It gets me heated up, not just during the combat scenes, but also the slower more heartfelt inspirational stuff just lights you up. Uses a lot of flutes in a badass way when flutes are usually all pretty and shit. Maybe I'll start watching Fiary Tail again.

You don't want that, he has the same problem as Kajiura. Everything of him sounds almost the same.

>15 solid minutes of crying
>a 30-second final fight that consists of one laser beam and a space hug|
>mfw

Was a natural disaster of some sort responsible for this? It was a very pretty season.

There's nothing wrong with sounding the same if you like the sound.

Watching Fresh right now. Lookes awesome. Hahe fallen in love with Bukki. I love Love's legs and Miki's belly too.

>Hahe fallen in love with Bukki.
I'm so sorry. Condolences.

KYUA KASTAADO!

You eventually get bored of getting the same soundtrack again and again sold as something new.

Right, and if she hasn't reached that point, more power to her. We should be envious of her tolerance of repetition and strive to apply it to our yearly Precure watching.

The good thing about Precure is that each season feels different from each other despite having the same basis though.

There are still similar elements. See how many people complain about Smile copying Yes.

If Smile did it better, there wouldn't be complaints. The same goes for pretty much everything.

Takanashi is great but I get the feeling that he still hasn't figured out how to use choirs properly. His use of it feels almost formulaic in the way that he tries to give a song a certain "vibe" as in heroic, suspenseful, etc.

Take Sailor Moon Crystal's Moon Prism Power theme and Precure Smile Charge's. They're both transformation themes so they're meant to be pumped-up, heroic tracks. Even if you put the instrumentation and choir aside, there's a very similar structure and flow in both tracks to give it that "henshin vibe".

He did a much better job with Sailor Moon's OST in the third season, at least.

SS did everything better than FW, and it still got a lot of shit for being too similar.

That's unreasonable. You should work to enjoy inferior things. If you can't be happy while staring at a wall, you're not high level enough.

That was because Toei went full retard with the designs during that season.

I like their designs way more than FW. That means everyone else is wrong for not agreeing with me.

Giving vibes to tracks is really fucking hard and absolutely not optional for an OST. I don't blame him for getting formulaic with it.

That's a cute dish.
The purin looks nice as well.

How can a cure this pretty be a full retard design?

>[Aesir-Anxious]
Dammit, thanks to that user now I'm unable to read this without remembering spastic Wolfrun

Take a picture of the front

>the ost has been top notch so far.
Wait until you hear the 2nd ED

Black looks a million times better than Bloom, but Saki looks a million times better than Nagisa.

You can't appreciate a maiden's blooming hair!

3rd Quarter Cumulative financial result >$43m PreCure

Better than Aikatsu! We're winning!!!

iirc that's only Bandai's share, it doesn't account for all that Precure made.

Wow the Precure franchise is somehow not dead yet.

Why little boys shows make so much more?

The first ending is better though. All Stars agreed.

because the suits are old sexist dudes that don't understand what girls want

Their toys break more often

you know, you might be on to something there

What do you think girls want?

On the home stretch of DokiDoki now. Still need to watch the entirety of Happiness Charge! and Go! Princess, but I should be able to finish them before the Summer.

>I think that [current year's Precure] has promise.
Famous first words

Just wanna have fun

My first word was "bird."

youtube.com/watch?v=f1J4ZZgdh8Q

desu I thought some were pretty cool - especially the kirakira shop with games etc.

>/ai/ BTFO

LET'S GO PLEENCESS

The mind breaking in Smile is unmatched, that contrast between innocence/corruption is so delicious
Nothing is more satisfying that ruining little girls dreams!

that whole thing is just wrong on so many levels

Why the make up?
It always makes them look worse.

I agree these cure costumes look so cheap. I wouldn't let any little girls in my care wear those things. Why not use better materials and put a little effort into the trim work?

>no red

Red is for boys.

Meh I prefer Yes5's mid-season climax. Each cures's personal flaw was digged up and used against them. Smile's mindbreak is just Joker spouting nihilistic lecture and suddenly the cures felt despair.
Smile got one greatest thing though. The cure-general rivalry and the mid-season duel was the highest point. It went downhill after that though barring Reika vs Joker episode.

>Nothing is more satisfying that ruining little girls dreams!
I think GoPri actually outdid Smile on this. I like Smile and its despair faces are great, but it never really felt like they ripped apart their dreams from the inside.Haruka's dreams were utterly destroyed and it made sense why and it wasn't by just some villain lecture.

>Joker spouting nihilistic lecture and suddenly the cures felt despair.
No? They fell into despair because he destroyed their self-confidence and challenged the very reasons they had to fight for as Precure.

Cat looks the best there.

That cat is pretty cute

>Finally getting close to finishing watching every past precure season
>By this point I hardly remember anything about my first season (Smile), and now I feel like rewatching it.

Did I just get myself stuck in an endless loop?

Now watch some Kamen Rider

I have high expectations of my inevitable Doki rewatch.

They fell into despair a few times. Joker episodes weren't as great as they could've been maybe, but that bad end world was crazy. It broke my own mind when I watched it.

Best thing about that scene was Haruka getting out of that herself.

If I've seen Kuuga and thought it was pretty cool, what should I watch next? Drive? How can you fight with a car?

And how he destroyed their self confidence? By beating them and...spouting nihilistic lecture. Then suddenly the cures have their failure flashback and became vegetative. It is not that bad, but I just prefer Yes5's that each cures has their own elaborated nightmare sequences.
Not sure about how he challenge the cure's reason to became a cure. I only remembered him saying "you don't earn anything from saving Candy, go home". Only with Reika that he told her she should choose her education instead of continue being a cure.

Yeah they can have their moments apparently.

Precure is dead. KiraKira isn't true precure. Why haven't you fags changed the name of this general to /PreCucked/?

Alright, so what meme is this? I've not heard anything against KiraKira that was that bad.

The Suite and Doki ones just don't really compare to the rest of them. They need to take the shine out of the eyes.

Just ignore him. Kira is great so far.

I can't be the only one that episode reminded him to Shirou vs Archer.

>isn't true precure
Oh sweetie, what a delicious pc faux-pas! The politically correct term, Anonymous-kun, that you were looking for was "unprecure." Are you my honey bunny cream puff sugar pie? Try not to troll us too much, little buddy.

We really should rename it to /PreCooked/ though

I miss Haa-chan...

I don't.

Fuck off.

Channel her spirit. You must become her. Only then will she be free.

Slut

Joker was right.

Fuck on

Where is imouto?

Imouto is dead

Good riddance.

When does Heartcatch get good? I'm at episode 33 btw;