Mikoto isn't a level five

How is Mikoto Misaka ranked #3 in all Academy City yet she can't manage to take pretty much any of the other level fives on alone without getting lucky?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought powers were ranked by their usefulness not a tier of strongest to least strongest.

Because she's cute, and top tier waifu bait that makes the franchise a lot of money.

I'd honestly rather have Kamachi just write her as a strong level four or the weakest level five instead. Her powers as they are right now make no sense and her character makes up for it anyways.

I personally think Kamachi only put her at level three because he had to in order to make Railgun successful because all fans care about these days is power levels. I'd be happy if she was a on the same level as Kuroko and just made use of her power so effectively that she could outplay her opponents with smarts.

She can power the entire fucking city just by eating her meals every day.

Usefulness to Crowley's plans, yes. OP needs to read up a bit more.

How is Misaki not ranked #1 if that's the case?

If you think about it Misaki has the most useful power and can cause the most worldwide damage in a short period of time.

She can start entire wars without anybody knowing a thing.

Misaka can take on Shokuhou at least.
Just zap her.

>pretty much any of the other level #5
But she can beat all of the ones below her in a 1v1? Gunha doesn't count. It's unfair to compare her to even Kakine since there's a huge powergap between them, relative to her and Mugino.

Possible vessel of Nuit and AIM spreader > Something that's already at least partially covered by Archetype Controller

Oh so they're ranked completely on how useful they are to one specific persons plans. I'm sure nobody would notice how stupid that setup is.

She'd have to get lucky to beat Mugino and you know it. That battle would be more about circumstance than anything.

She was so exhausted that she could barely use her powers when they fought in Railgun and even then she managed to win. It's definitely a lot closer than any other Level 5 match-up, though.

If you think about it even Kuroko or Awaki could take Mikoto if they were serious about it. I don't like how they made her abilities in this series so underwhelming for her level. It's just redundant.

Yea but Frenda was able to pretty much take her down. I don't care how tired you are that shouldn't be okay for a level five against a zero. Do you think Accel or Kakine would have had trouble there?

Crazy as it sounds, teleporting is kinda slow in raildex and has distance problems. If she kept moving she could avoid Kuroko/awaki teleporting things right into her. A large enough AoE attack could take them out because they don't have the range to avoid it.

But can she beat number 6?

Or they could just teleport her into the sky or ground. I honestly don't think they'd miss though if they decide to teleport something inside of her because chances are if Kuroko and Mikoto ever faught Mikoto would be in the wrong and thus her plot armor would be cancelled.

Probably not. It's just like I said user. I'd much rather have had Kamachi wrote her as a really smart and cunning level four instead of one of the worst level fives with a third place tag attached to her.

>I don't care how tired you are that shouldn't be okay for a level five against a zero
Good thing Mugino's never lost to a level 0 then, eh?

>Do you think Accel or Kakine would have had trouble there?
As I said, there's a huge power-gap between Mikoto and Kakine.

Kuroko can only teleport what she can touch and Awaki has to point at things with her light. Mikoto is fast enough to avoid all of those.

>Mikoto would be in the wrong and thus her plot armor would be cancelled.
Mikoto is never in the wrong and only Saten has stronger plot armor.

I wasn't taking about Migino. I was talking about Mikoto who did in fact pretty much lose to a level zero and just because she was tired shouldn't be an excuse.

All she does is zap things.

Mikoto might hardly ever be in the wrong but Kuroko is most assuredly never going to be in the wrong so if they did ever fight it would be Mikoto by default who is doing something she's not supposed to be doing and Mikoto isn't fast enough to dodge those. Kuroko even said once in canon that she'd fight Mikoto if she had to do it.

>only Saten has stronger plot armor
>who is Touma?
>who is Hamazura?

Well where are you proposing she goes in the ranking, then? Her only competition for the #3 spot in terms of straight-up powerlevels is Mugino, who has also lost to a level 0.

In fact in the anime in certain parts to see Mikoto shooting lightning and Kiroko and Kuroko easily avoids it by teleportation and is able to teleport hug her multiple times.

>in certain parts you* see Mikoto

She just shouldn't be a level five in my opinion but if they had to keep her there I think she should be ranked in last.

2/2

Also this isn't an insult. I don't think power makes the character in the first place.

>Do you think Accel or Kakine would have had trouble there?
Of course not, their powers are outright broken and can't be cancelled/circumvented by anyone aside from Chosen Ones.

posting in a mobileposter thread

It might sound ridiculous but just think about how easy it is for any character to potentially overcome Mikoto in this series if they actually used a little bit of their brain.

I hope Mikoto and Misaki become best friends

They have awesome chemistry and Misaki actually has a personality unlike Lady Rugmunch

It doesn't matter because that's not the point. The point is that Mikoto isn't what Kamachi makes her out to be and it's because he's a bad writer. She needs a major power up and I'm talking major be even be close to the third ranked and even with her AAA which doesn't even really count because it's not actually part of her.

dumb mobileposter

This is a series where ingenuity really goes a long way. Anybody can beat just about anybody else below the relevance line. Of course this gets a fuck ton harder the closer you get to the line and the bullshit that lies above it is a completely different story.

Forgot the chart.

Can't Kuroko just tape a bunch of BB pellets on her hands and be able to insta-kill almost everyone in Academy City by teleporting them into their brains?

You probably think you actually accomplished something. Congratulations.

She could do much worse if she was actually evil but it's not her character.

people that actually take damage

>how easy it is for any character to potentially overcome Mikoto in this series if they actually used a little bit of their brain
Literally no one but teleporters and even that's up for debate.

>They have awesome chemistry
Except they don't, it's just slightly better than it was before but still generic and unfunny raildex shit.
>Misaki actually has a personality
Nah, her dialogues are half the tits and half the plot exposition, even Kuroko is better in that regard.

>Kamachi makes her out to be
A pathetic failure. Haven't you read the spoilers at least?

Misaka can use the AAA so she is basically magic god tier.

You serious? With all the stunts we've seen Mikoto pull, you really think her power is underwhelming? Mikoto's power is just fine, Accel and Kakine are just abnormal.

People just think it's ranked by strength since #1 and #2 are stronger than the rest

#
Why does Kuroko not have weaponry or technical skills on her colors? This list is already wrong and I just started looking over it.*

>Actually thinking Mugino has a chance against a serious and healthy Mikoto

No she's not user. Not even close.

>Accelerator
>Kazakiri
>Misha
>Fiamma
>Gabriel
>Marian
>Relevent

>having your arm cut off only for it to help you win and then be attached back next day is now considered damage
Wow.

dumb mobileposter

>if all the dark matter summed up

Misaki would rank higher than Mikoto if it wasn't based on strength.

But Mikoto IS overpowered. It's just that her greatest strength is her utility rather than destructive force. In that respect she is unmatched among the Level 5's.

I don't need your attitude!

Mikoto spreads AIM better and is related to Nuit in some way, making her more relevant to Aleister.

Misaki is useless to Crowley, so no she wouldn't.

Them are all temporary state only Touma and Aleister are relevant.

Don't you guys think in a city of made up of the smartest people on the planet people would realize the way these espers are ranked makes absolutely no sense? Just because they're useful to one guy shouldn't determine their rank because obviously people would notice something is up? It's the same thing with perameter list. It makes absolutely no sense.

Seriously, is there any other Esper that can actually take this on besides Accel and Kakine, who are both ranked above Mikoto?

Wonder why Beetle 05 was BTFO so fucking hard by Black Wing Rensa. Is he weaker than the original Kakine or the original just too confident about his power to fight equally with Black Wing Accel?

Actually, besides Gunha, they really are ranked in terms of power level.

Like do you seriously think that Mugino and Misaki, or really any other lower level Esper can take this thing on

>healthy Mikoto
Will Mikoto ever be healthy mentally.
However, it's not like Mugino can talk.

#6 is the strongest
He is the only one who can protect his privacy.

>made up of the smartest people on the planet
Students have to be dumb enough to eat Aleister's semen cookies and whatever else he does to them to make them espers and the research staff are easily controlled.

Mikoto's the closest thing to a "celebrity" among the level 5s, so don't expect every single person to be intimately familiar with how all of their powers work.

>Parameter list
That's a closely guarded secret, what doesn't make sense about it?

I really wish Mikoto pulled this kind of shit during WW3.

He's probably trying to avoid going full clonespam on people in case Kakine Actual manages to take over again.

>Bludgeoned by a 15 meter mace
>Electrocuted by a billion volts
>Slammed my 120m/s wind
>Shot multiple times
>Spent 2 days fighting a bunch of people coming at him with the intent to kill a god, and was left as a pile of meat at the end
>Doesn't get to sleep anymore unless he's knocked unconscious
>Literally went through a god created hell that we still don't really know the extent of his mental damage
>Went from at least having a couple days between arcs to 5 seconds

Yeah. Touma just coasts through life.

>Kamehamehailgun

Academy city is years ahead of the world in technology and being even a level zero esper gives you a massive academic advantage compared to normal humans considering all espers no matter the level have superhuman calculation abilities.

>Parameter list

Don't even get me started user. It's dumb.

>5 seconds doom
It's in the fridge.

What if Touma won the bet?

>somehow managed to survive through all this shit
Yeah, no plot armor at all.

Yea, Saten has it made in the shade compared to that nerd. I don't know why anybody would even try and compare their lives.

Didn't she literally walk into a death trap set up by the rank 4 esper and her gang of elite assassins after spending several sleepless days rampaging through factories only to still end up winning and accomplishing her task of destroying the factory?

Seems to me she's doing fine.

>evel zero esper gives you a massive academic advantage compared to normal humans
Meh I wouldn't really say that. Touma got stumped on a math problem that Mikoto could easily solve. Level 0s are probably just slightly above the average intelligence academically.

And this is what she might have pulled off if she was in full strength

Definitely not saying that. He has it in the form of a damn good doctor, a keikakuman, and an overly attached unknown entity that decided to nest in his arm and won't let him die. He's got armor for days and it makes his life miserable for our enjoyment.

Mikoto is a super genius in a gifted school, keep in mind. Espers still have to make calculations to use their absurd powers.

>He's got armor for days and it makes his life miserable for our enjoyment
>Image Braker thinks death would be blessing for Touma
>his misfortune keep him alive

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco

Sorry to end the party short but Mikoto attends Tokiwadai university. One of the most prestigious schools in all AC and Kamijou is in a higher grade so she shouldn't be helping him out with homework at all and if you think that's bad the kind of math Kuroko does would send Touma into a panicked seizure.

Not only this but these enhanced capabilities espers (even level zero's) have over normal humans are the reason Saten was able to learn to pilot a mech in one single day and how Accel was able to hack last orders brain on the fly.

>Saten was able to learn to pilot a mech in one single day
Filler

Why? Just because it's not convenient for you?

Let me guess? You probably hated Railgun ha?

lowest ranked level 5 would be good i think, highlights just how much she's allegedly worked to get her power up to her current level which is obviously above that of a 4, but also just how much she's out of her depth during the story for the most part, barely scraping a win against meltdowner was a bit underwhelming given her 3rd rank, especially having seen the first who initially appears totally invincible, but had she been lowest ranked the tricks and wits she had to use to just get out alive would have been more exciting . 'usefulness to alesteir' soesn't really make sense as a rank system except if he wanted her pitted against the others

Fuck off Nagai

So could Kakine make a meteor of dark matter and one shot a city or something?

I've screen caped this on MAL when Railgun is aired.

Exactly. You understand.

There's so many things so wrong about this but il just address one point for now
>she's allegedly worked to get her power up to her current level
Actually false, Mikoto was determined to be a level 5 and got a lot of support for her to reach that level, not just on her working hard.

And a lot more besides.

What's the problem?

You do realize that the general public have no idea who the Level 5's are, right? Mikoto is the poster child of Academy City and Misaki is the only other one who has spread her fame far enough for people to vaguely know that she can control minds.
The scientists are either in the know or don't really care because the ranking in itself doesn't really matter.

You're really making it obvious that you're samefaging.

Like?

You are literally retarded.

Levels determine usefulness to the city and not power levels.