Do men have pets?

Do men have pets?

A man only owns a dog that is a sport or hound dog. No exceptions.

You can also own livestock, but that's not really a pet.

no
pets are for kids
and like user said dogs should be useful

Or a dog who pulls the weeds. But I mean as long as it’s not some little kickball dog, yes men can own dogs.

Nah this is crap, especially in today's world. You can get a dog for companionship and to protect your property while you're away, but it only counts if no other dog could reasonably eat your dog.

If you get a yapper like pic related, you're a fucking woman.

says who ?

me, obviously
why would you think otherwise?

yeah of course, man's best friend

Sure.
Pets are just another thing to enjoy freet time with. There's nothing wrong with that, even little purse dogs like in your image. But excesses of things that should be moderate free time pursuits are often indicative of someone who either has more free time or is less responsible. And many people who have more free time or are less responsible aren't really what many could call "manly."
My point here is, and I do have one, that things like drinking, having pets, playing videogames, watching anime, woodworking, hunting, writing, and many other hobbies are all perfectly fine, as long as everything is done responsibly and in proper moderation.

>man
>not having a cat to take care of pests
pick one

>he doesn't know the joy of cuddling a kitten
>inb4 real men are dead inside and feel nothing

(Big) dogs are loyal and useful.

i liked that when i was a child
and no, real men have strong feelings
that cutesy fuzziness isn't one of them

I own a dachshund as a companion dog rather than a work animal. She likes to lie about in the sun and chase critters in the back yard.

Stay emotionally handicapped, pleb.

Literally no one in the modern world has a dog for anything but companionship. I find it hard to believe Larpers in this thread are herding sheep or coon hunting with their dogs.

like i said
men should cultivate desirable, some positive and some negative emotions while have those inappropriate minimized and under control in order to react strongly but properly

He never knew anyone who raised a golden retriever to retrieve ducks.

>MAN'S best friend
hmmmmm

Does dog pulling count as a sport?

>My point here is, and I do have one, that things like drinking, having pets, playing videogames, watching anime, woodworking, hunting, writing, and many other hobbies are all perfectly fine, as long as everything is done responsibly and in proper moderation.
>010
>two in binary
>doubles?
Good post user, may wisdom ever reside within this board.

/thread

I have a big doggo solely for companionship but have you honestly never heard of hunting dogs? rednecks always have hunting dogs of all kinds, I envy them in a lot of ways. they have a headstart on living the proper life, feeding and taking care of yourself, being simple and humble. And dogs are just an American classic. Men have dogs and anyone else saying otherwise is overencumbered with chromosomes

Do women count?

Women.

>medium to large dog
>cats

Both useful animals to have. Dogs can protect and help hunt. Cats can also protect and control pests.

Yes. Dogs are man's best friend. These are dogs. I got them for free too. Australia Shepherd, German Shepherd, and a mutt(I think he's a Papillon mic)

The righteous Irish Setter.

Fuck you, I have an American Bulldog as a buffer between my family and the world. He actually helped me in an outnumbered fight years ago.

i have a dog who is a good companion and am also training him to help me with my herd of sheep & goats.

he's getting better at it and is earning his keep and retirement.

a good pet doesn't just take but is useful, same goes for cats if they're good pets, they are useful (we have a stray that never left, keeps the pests down, has even put on weight due to it).

Same thing with women, they're good companions ONLY if they provide a service in return for the love and care they receive. If it's just a "take" relationship, it will eventually evaporate into resentment.

for living creatures must provide a service in order to find their place in the Kingdom of Man to uplift the WHOLE kingdom, this benefits all of its subjects.

In the kingdom of woman, everything devolves into subjugate servitude to the "queen" and becomes a tyranny revolving around her.

(heaven *i.e. water, movement, life, man* and earth *i.e. clay/earth, inertness, inanimate, woman*)
when heaven reigns, the earth is molded by the path that water travels, the path of least resistance; and through it's travels benefits the earth

when earth reigns, all other elements are suffocated and unable to thrive, water is made stagnant, the elements are devoured and depleted, causing conflict to arise among its subjects, bringing around revolution/conflicts, giving a foothold unto death.
>this is [probably] the reason why kali is associated with death/destruction

soo....yeah, dogs and cats are ok, if they have a productive purpose....

From the start