Ok Sup Forums - lets talk engine repair. im bored

Alright, those cunts definitely didnt click this thread.

NOW let me ask.

How can we fix women in the year of our lord 2017 soon to be 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-86-2012/SSE-AD-5123536/?Cr=0
skipwhiteperformance.com/catalog/sbc-bbc-chevy-350-383-super-65k-hei-distributor-6500-r_83466/
summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850060/
youtube.com/watch?v=RM-87dmldl8
youtube.com/watch?v=oeps18chvC0
web.archive.org/web/20100819055229/http://www.summitracing.com:80/search/Brand/ACCEL/Product-Line/ACCEL-Performance-Replacement-GM-Opti-Spark-II-Distributors/?autoview=SKU
youtube.com/watch?v=AnLKjFT1Q1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By being fucking men, like nature intended. If you can't control the women in your life, then you're the problem. Women have always, and always will, reciprocate to a strong hand.

Also, fuck that stupid engine.

3.8L buick is the best motor ever made.

To answer your question: Let women with sons soccer-mom the fuck out of other women when they realize what a shit country they will inherit.

I hate those damn things. But basically women need to be trained to have the house cleaned, dinner on the table, and the kids in line when for when you come back from the garage.

thats my engine. i have a pontiac gtp

Mopar 2.7 (post 2003) best engine

And the strongest hand you could hit her with is soon to be.

Yours is supercharged, not technically the same engine(even though it is)

yea its a little different. never had problems with it. transmission yes. lets meme 2stroke direct injection back into production. or repeal CARB standards

ah, so everyones just going to be le ironic reddit posters and actually talk about engines instead lol. well not too upset.

Runs like shit from the factory, but runs like shit forever in my experience. Maybe because they don't have enough power to break anything.

Eh. Each family can do their own thing. There's still plenty of women out there that actually want to be a matriarch and fun a family in that manner, especially if she comes from a family that believes that good works come from actions instead of "just believing." Careful, because this is also where the feminazis come from too.

holden trash

Checked and nailed it. It's a numbskull design with so much missing potential and underwhelming performance compared to what could be done with it, and then you remember is still a numbskull design.

Perhaps that's the way we should think about women. I bet if we did more to reward what's good rather than looking for dick warmers with their boobs hanging out it would be a productive cultural shift.

That's a funny way of spelling the LS1

Never got to fuck around with one, would make a great winter sleeper in my area. GM trannies were kinda shitty in those years so not surprised. And good luck with the last part

>3.8L buick is the best motor ever made.
are you actually stupid or just playing stupid? if you seriously believe this kys

Do you actually think women browse Sup Forums?
>kys

Or a qtpi lil ford 1600 crossflow

Epoxy, two pack or enamel on a cast iron block, which is better ? I don't want something that'll peel off.

LT1>

This

I'm not a racecar driver, don't plan on every being one. Mine is still running fine with over 215,000. Just regular servicing. The rest of the car is a shitbox, buts its been driven to hell and back with very little maintenance costs.

I hope you're not talking about the optispark abomination from the 90s

Recommendations for my next car?

>Also, fuck that stupid engine.
That's not an engine, just a supercharger
Only the Gen2+ supercharged versions, also FWD sucks ass
You can swap pulley size for more power easily
This, LS1 is the only true god king, 3800s are nice for a V6 though
They weren't too terrible with an aftermarket/later sealed distributor, still wouldnt want one though due to the parts not being interchangeable with a regular 350
Also you can just swap the 90s LT1 cam in a 85+ 350SBC block with roller cam (L98 and some truck/van engines) and swap to better heads/intake for just as much performance

price range?

Used, 10-15k. I'm fine with some shitty economy autist-rectangle.

You have a ridiculously better selection than the states do. I would get one of those toyota pickups (hilux or j70) and live far far away from cities.

Meanwhile, we'll be ferrying our wife's sons to soccer camp in a crossover minivan.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-86-2012/SSE-AD-5123536/?Cr=0

To bad any aftermarket or even GM distributor is $800+. They make good power (by early 90s standards) but they are a driveability nightmare when something goes wrong

Whenever one comes into the dealer I'm a tech at it's always for a driveability concern. 90% of the time its from an independent shop that got in over their head

No kek, it's the best 350 offered back in the day, in 1970(first and best year) had 370hp and 390lbs torque. Best classic corvette engine

The LS1 fits in pretty much anything, logical bolt patterns and mounts. Reliable, power dense and with some cams, the sound makes my boipucci wet.

I think you guys are thinking of the L31, which was really similar to the LT1

1jz with a big single, positraction, carbon fiber wheels, dual exhaust, and a shotgun under the seat

this is real life, not the fast and the furious.

When you meet women you need to be demanding to them. Don't be desperate, make sure they can cook and like children. If they like you they'll try to impress you and be what you want them to be.

I'm not gonna explain how to do this for the aloof. There are subtle ways to reveal your preferences.

>To bad any aftermarket or even GM distributor is $800+.
Nigger what?
Here's one for a 350SBC that i have used on multiple engine builds before for $50 that works perfectly fine
skipwhiteperformance.com/catalog/sbc-bbc-chevy-350-383-super-65k-hei-distributor-6500-r_83466/

Even most high end distributors are $150-300 and LT1 distributors are $200
summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850060/

>No kek, it's the best 350 offered back in the day,
Stock, probably, however i am more concerned about modifying later cost due to cost/availability and lack of emissions laws in my area and any 350 block can be built to have just as much performance, but later blocks with roller cams/lifters are nicer
There was a 1970 LT1 as well but it was basically just a high-performance gen 1 SBC
As far as gen 1 SBC engines of that era, i particularly like the DZ302 SBC, 8000+RPM from a factory engine meant to compete in trans-am racing series due to 5.0L limitations
youtube.com/watch?v=RM-87dmldl8
youtube.com/watch?v=oeps18chvC0

Inline 6 is best engine period.

I picked up a used Toyobaru in that range. Much as I want to complain about everything that's wrong with it, I can't stop having fun in it anyway.

Who 7.3L Masterrace here?

>Get vehicle that's old enough to be exempt from emissions
>Drop beastly engine inside
Problem Solved

Also you can change the LT1 but they're already godly for an engine that old 370hp 390lbs torque, that's pretty damn good for an almost 50 year old stock engine

Go to bed Sam.

I was talking optispark distributors bud. Last time I had to price out an opti unit the only games in town were GM and one other company, this was 5-6 years ago. Summit wasn't making them yet. So prices were $700-$800 Canadian (when our dollar was even shittier)

Running Fords 300 in my shitty 93 f150

Le shitty dodge V6. Good luck getting it attached to anything with good electrical.
Once upon a time GM Made 3800s with a turbocharger and rear wheel drive (Grand National), power wasn't too bad for it's day. Still LS1 is god of V8; Inline 4s are all trash

Although it was no hotrod the 300 cui Ford inline 6 would run forever. Also the 318 cui. Chrysler was an amazing motor

Sup /o/ I work for brembo.

>I was talking optispark distributors bud. Last time I had to price out an opti unit the only games in town were GM and one other company, this was 5-6 years ago.
Ive replaced them before several years ago as well and they weren't that expensive and there were several OEMs
Here is a archive from 2010, $270
web.archive.org/web/20100819055229/http://www.summitracing.com:80/search/Brand/ACCEL/Product-Line/ACCEL-Performance-Replacement-GM-Opti-Spark-II-Distributors/?autoview=SKU

>and there were several OEM/aftermarket options available*

Well then the dealer I'm working at was seriously fleecing people. I'm not trying to argue with you, $700-$800 is the price I remember being quoted on the part at the dealer in Canada that I work for.

I wouldn't go to that dealer anymore, $800 should be way past parts + labor
Not that hard to do either, only a few bolts and you have to make sure the rotor is in the same position

the 3.8 is unreal actually surprised to see this here

You wanna talk Sup Forums + /o/ ? Why the fuck do we have this shitty 10% MANDATORY cornholio gas? My older car runs fucking hot because this shit makes it run lean, but those fags in Iowa sure get their shekels, and I burn a head gasket every 100k miles, because I can't flash my 1988 car CPU. When i bought my car it was ILLEGAL to sell shitty gas with more than 2% alcohol in it. Now 10% alcohol is MANDATORY.

Yup, and corn is pretty terrible, environmentally. What a fuckin scam.

Maybe we could have people in the government one day who come up with intelligent ag programs and don't do things like C4C.

follow these steps

That engine is all around solid, prove me wrong(I'm not going for extreme power here)

Not only that, but the corn that is grown to make the alcohol that goes into the gas you don't like is subsidized with tax money taken from your pocket. How's that for happiness in a bucket?

Where I live there are some stations that put alcohol in the gas, and some that don't. You can find out which is which quite easily, because it's mandatory they say what percentage they put ON THE PUMP.

"Mandatory" Bitch, where?

>v6
>not straight 6
You done goofed, user.

Best truck i've ever had.

>those cunts
>An American saying cunts
You've spent too long on here cunt

...Who?

Wot

Agreed, this should be a regular pol general

Listen to the Jap. Get alpha or get dead.

Saying cunts is whitepilled. Some old cunt was on tv pretending trump called her a cunt 30 years ago and that's why hes a sexual predator whom we must impeach.

This is now a 3800 thread

I know absolutely nothing about engines but this thread intrigues me

You all heretics need Wankel in your life.

The degeneracy of women is just a new form of natural selection taking place. The diseased whores will most likely be succesful in breeding, but the offspring will either learn from its parents mistakes or die off shortly.

>heat issues
>burns oil

>Some old cunt
Face it you're becoming one one of us.

>injectors inject into open air
how is this engine head meant to work?

>i4
>carburetor
Kill yourself.

in australia it's only mandatory to put the octane rating on the pump. they just boost the octane with additives so you get this retard mix of retard fuels that goes boom boom but it doesnt have the ability to cope with the different energy content in the fuel maps.

>listing everyday engine issues that literally every combustion engine ever has had

>You all heretics need Wankel in your life.

>Be Mazda
>make twin Turbo RX7
>decide to make a vacuum operated solenoid to decide when the turbos go from the small one to using both big and small.

>Could use a metal one like every other fucking vacuum system like TVIS etc all hail the 4age and the mighty TVIS

>but because mazda decide to go full retard and make it plastic so it leaks and has to be replaced every month

>imagine the havoc this plays with the boos pressure and all sorts of crap

>cannot buy a metal one aftermarket either must fix or replace the plastic solenoid vacuum

They have stickers here, too. But they all just say
>lol we put 10% in
>because that's what the regulations say
>enjoy your 10%
>it's good for you, goy, and proven safe and good for your goyPGs.

Join the mid engine master race buy an MR2 or you're a faggot.

Best engines I have ever had were all slant 6 225. Still one in my old truck. Always perfect and smooth and strong.

>those cunts definitely didnt click this thread
what a clever ploy user, I am proud.

In an ae86

youtube.com/watch?v=AnLKjFT1Q1o

REMINDER IF YOU DRIVE A TRUCK AND IT AINT A DIESEL, IT'S NOT A FUCKING TRUCK SOY BOY

Don't care what big 3 either, it just has to be one of the big 3 diesels to call yourself a REAL man.

Can't keep seals in them. Maybe a different fuel type/mixture could fix that, but we'll be long into hybrids.

There was some scuttlebutt about electric motors being put into transmissions without a clutch. The theory being that the clutch creates the most amount of inefficiency due to heat loss, replacing it with an electric motor to push off in first gear, then floating the transmission without synchronizers through the rest of the gears (maybe using the electric motor to automatically speed/slow the motor to the same speed as the tranny instead of skill) is the most efficient way of making the motor put power to the ground.

>Builds a 1200hp car
>Uses it for retarded burnouts instead of actual driving
>Stop this

>Needs to learn how to drive
>Needs to do track days and stop being a faggot wanna be highway/carpark boy racer

Nationwide dude, our gas is like 10% ethanol

Glorious Nippon redpills

Contrary to popular belief you don't have a monopoly on cunt. In America, we usually say "cunt" as an anti-woman slur. A really annoying, abrasive bitch can be described as a cunt. A really stupid bitch who fucks up everything with her idiocy is a dumb cunt. This is because cunt is a crude term for a vagina, so when you call a woman a cunt you're reducing her value to just her vagina, which is why women hate that word so much.

In Australia you use it every other word, and you pretty much call everyone cunts. Totally different there even if you also have the classic meaning of a cunt being a slur against women or crude description of their genitalia.

There is no replacement for displacement, and any engine measured in liters is full cuck tier.
Also inb4 those faggot Wankel Rotary fucks show up.
>How can we fix women
With women, forget everything I said about displacement

I have a 2007 Shelby GT500 and out of all the sports cars i've driven/owned; this car is without a doubt the peak of Ford production.

When will we realize CAFE standards a shit?

>Contrary to popular belief you don't have a monopoly on cunt

>In Australia you use it every other word, and you pretty much call everyone cunts.

Pick one

Would be better if we had a diesel for a small, small, rugged diesel pickup instead of the monster peice of shit def/over regulated crappers that we are forced to buy. Im sick of being jeoulous of third world countries having better pickups than us. I want to haul small(16,000 pounds) loads 1000 miles on one tank of shitty kerosene. I don't give a fuck about creature comforts besides heat and leg/headroom. There's a huge market here and the big three keep fucking us.

Pick related is a truck. Your durashit is a pickup.