twitter.com/AnonBabble

That show was garbage.

This one was good.

check this out

CHECK THOSE

Checked

this made me think, didn't champloo have a good dub

Ironically, the dub was really good except for the two in that pic

>Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live! (As he kills Krillin)

>(After killing Krillin) Struggle is the father of all things. It is not by the principles of humanity that a mortal lives or is able to preserve himself on this world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle. If you do not fight, life will never be won!

>You have become great through struggle. (Addressing Super Saiyan Goku)

>I must not become a servant of the masses. but their master! (Powers up to 120,000,000)

The Kai dub was outstanding.

I only watched the Abridged version by JelloApocalypse for the English dub.

The most obvious of all

I was surprised how well the dub actor was able to pull of the YEARTs, arguably YEARTed better than the original. To bad that the dub inserts a bunch of lame jokes were more miss than hit

Unironically

>unironically

Unironically, yes. (Any of Shinkai's movies)

Literally the only role by Johnny Yong Samevoice I can stand.

What makes a good dub? I liked Code Geass dub but can't ever say why, can't put my finger on it. I remember thinking the showdown with Suzaku and Lelouch was well directed in the last episode.

In the end it's all down to competence and accuracy. Most dubs fail at this, Sentai Filmworks is especially known for hilariously awful dubs (the famous Guin Saga, GuP among others) but very rarely do you get one that's well done.

I think comedy shows are easier to dub just because a lot of those anime contain jokes only Japanese born-and-raised audiences (not just those who are familiar with Japanese culture) can understand. If it's appropriate and if it's done right, western humor can be funnier to western audiences.

code geass, haruhi, and school rumble all have solid dubs

>hurr durr dubs always suck

I don't think a lot of people were that fair in criticizing Haruhi's English VA for her singing "God Knows". Aya Hirano is a professional singer, of course she was going to sound a lot better, but I still think her dub VA did a fine job on her own.

Not always. You'll get occasional gems. Sentai is consistently terrible at everything they do though. And I don't think I need to mention the "you-know-what" incident.

Russian dubs are pretty awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=V6NXzLN3OHg

yeah, I mean mostly excluding that
for God Knows definitely gotta go with the sub, but for the most part I think the dub actress did a good job

Funny accents make anything better.

I was surprised at how fucking solid all the VAs in Black Lagoon was.

agree

>unironically good dubs
>implying "ironically good" is a thing

>there are people who watched Space Dandy in japanese

Speaking of russians dubs

Anyone happen to have a clip from the Gureen Lagann Russian dub? Kamina sounded pretty badass if I remember correctly

I always took ironically good to be equivalent to "so bad it's good." Un-ironically means its just good

RISE AND SHINE!!! :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=pDS0uJUN-FI

DUDE SEX LMAO!

Wouldn't Ghost Stories be ironically good?

ironically good is ghost stories or the multitude of engrish DBZ ones

baccano was dope go kill yourself faggot

Here's his VA doing his kamina voice
youtube.com/watch?v=lAtIrT4sn44&t=22

You know, you might be right. I don't remember hating it.

Abenobashi
>muh panties
>mr kouhei
>youtu.be/M_tMD5bTbLM

On the same level as the abridged version of DBZ done by TFS, definitely.

>mfw
I haven't heard anything this patriotic in a while.

>you will never have this much testosterone

Fuck off grandpa

But girls can't love girls!

>this is how the nips see burgers
>Not 500 lb screaming McDonald munchers on ACVs

I loved it a lot. Even more than the original audio.

>Bebop
>Mushishi
>Baccano
>FMA:B
>Welcome to the NHK
>Redline
>Space Dandy
>Ergo Proxy
>Trigun
>DBZ
>Yu Yu Hakusho
those are all the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

why are these poorly disguised recommendation threads allowed?

It's Christina Vee doing her Noel Vermillion voice over and over again. What great range.

Why can't we like both?

not much of a rec thread. if there is an anime with a good dub any anime fan would run into it at some point.

Why is FLCL never mentioned in these threads?

I came here to post this

Ghost Stories had the greatest dub

It didn't sound amazing but the dub actually put some humor in this """""comedy"""" show making it tolerable.

I liked Steins;Gate's dub, especially Okabe.

It's hard to get his style of speaking just from reading subtitle text, and I think his dub VA pulled it off well.

Yeah, J. Michael Tatum tends to be really good a lot of times.

Is the Monster dub worth watching? A friend recommended me that show recently.

Also, I can't find a link to it (or even remember the episode number), but in the scene after the timeline changes and Luka becomes a girl but Okabe still insists he is a boy, in the dub he adds some little joke that I am sure most of Sup Forums would complain about being unfaithful to the source, but I found funny.

>dub
>A friend recommended me
Piss off.

>if there is an anime with a good dub any anime fan would run into it at some point.
Only if you're a shit eating faggot who actually watches dubs to begin with.

Wouldn't watch this show subbed, the dub is too damn great.

Death Note
Ouran
Fruits Basket

>Thinking those two were the bad part of the dub
>What is Jacuzzi

Is this a code gears spinoff

I still think Seki is the superior Kogami, but his English counterpart did a decent job.

>Ouran
I'm not sure about the dub itself but the outtakes were hysterical.
>Mori likes seashells

youtube.com/watch?v=zdwR2jiADE0

Yeah I like the dub alot for Okabe/Christina, I'm hit and miss with Ash Burch as Miyuri though.

They managed to make it funny and somehow pulled off some of the Japanese jokes. Even when the sub has some of my favorite seiyuu I can't bring myself to watch it.

I enjoyed the SamFlam dub.

I can easily imagine the voice director yelling "Be more Shinji! You're not being Shinji enough!"

but he's a guy?

This threads shouldn't even exist on Sup Forums.

Ninja Slayer.
Prison School.

The shit that the VAs would have fun voicing tend to be enjoyable.

And yet here we are.

bad dub

I watched Steins;Gate subbed first and loved the voice acting, then I rewatched it dubbed later and surprisingly liked it more, Mayuri is one of my only complaints, you can't really get the cute voice easily in English. It was still such a good dub that when I rewatched the movie (which is only subbed), the voices seemed a bit weird.
I'll have to rewatch it subbed again so I can get used to the original voices again for Steins;Gate 0.

That dub had some moments I didn't enjoy.

>Mayuri is one of my only complaints
That's because her VA is Ashly Burch, sister of Anthony Burch.
>yfw you're not Anthony Burch

great dub*

I've tried and tried, but I just prefer the English VA's over the Japanese.

Too bad they couldn't make more after the 4th season.

These ones, right here.

I can agree with this. The way they forced their accents was fucking hilarious.

Didn't watch more than a couple of episodes of this subbed, but the dubbed version was actually fun.

Like another user mentioned, the silly accents make it a lot more fun.

Berserk outtakes

Fuck off, there are no good english dubs. There are maybe a few acceptable ones but they're always inferior to the original. I watched both Baccano and CB in English first but when I rewatched it in Japanese it was way, way better.

Americans can't make good dubs because the anime voice actors are shit. Videogame VAs are way better, but the dubbing companies can't afford them for some reason.

>Sabat as All-Might

I'm gonna cum senpatchi.

This.

Griffiths VA can sing like a mother fucker.

That implies that all Japanese productions are inherently good. They're not.

>ghost stories original not the inferior version
How does it feel to be a pleb?