Did we use to live in a universe where Jojo wasn't a hit...

Did we use to live in a universe where Jojo wasn't a hit? I've been browsing the internet and Sup Forums for years and I never remembered hearing a thing about Jojo until about two years ago. All of a sudden it was one of the longest running, best selling cultural phenomenons with a lot of memes behind it. Is it because of the anime or is this like the Mandela Effect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrvQkkjx_xM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you don't remember this old ass meme you're probably a little baby.

It definitely exploded out of nowhere. Not many people talked about it but now suddenly everyone is going around with JoJo avatars and stuff.

Everyone is a little baby these days

I remember seeing ZA WARUDO a couple times years ago, but whenever I searched what it was it sent me to youtube videos of clips from old hentai.

> I've been browsing the internet and Sup Forums for years and I never remembered hearing a thing about Jojo until about two years ago
>browsing Sup Forums for years
You're lying. It had memes and regular discussion since over a decade ago, and exploded over three years ago now.

Also,
>I've been browsing the internet for years
You want a medal or what?

It's because of the stardust crusaders anime

It was funny because no one knew where it came from. Most people also only saw the stick version of that back then.

But yeah anime happen which made huge e-celebs cancer talk about Jojo.

Wrong. Dio throwing a steamroller on Jojo was a meme 10 years ago. And I don't mean a decade flippantly, literally 10 years ago there were memes on this website about Dio throwing a steamroller on Jojo.

It ran into quite some issues regarding localization for most of its life, so naturally it would take a major mainstream adaptation to finally enter the public eye. It's easier to watch a video online than search the Internet for translations from various sources.

I remember it but I never knew where it was from. In fact it wasn't until years after Jojo blew up in popularity that I finally put two and two together and realized this IT WAS ME, DIO meme man was from a much older ass meme.

>it got popular

Welp, time to sell all my Stardust Crusaders volumes and shitpost the series to death while still secretly enjoying it.

A single meme is not the equivalent of the mass popularity it now has.

Fair logic, I'll accept it

>2012
>2 years
OP confirmed retard

Many westerners got to know it because of that Capcom game and the OVAs.

It was always popular in Japan. It was very niche in the west. Some people knew about it, either through the manga(with its shitty meme tier translations) or through the old part three OVA.

Then it got an anime, and exploded in popularity. The people who act like it was always a big deal are either posers, or old fans finally relishing in the newfound validation.

This isn't rocket science and I don't know why I'm having to explain it to you.

When the anime started in 2012 I knew exactly what I was getting into just from cultural osmosis due to hanging out in Sup Forums a lot. It was always well known.

Its clear that OP just wasn't on Sup Forums at the time. To the public at large Jojo was largely unknown until the anime came about.

You are living in the trump timeline. Soon anime will become real.

wow epic meme lol thats so epic kek

It had threads pretty consistently. Obviously it wasn't as popular since a huge amount of retards are allergic to manga.

>It was very niche in the west
Not by Sup Forums or general manga standards, it wasn't.

or the time is just moving too fast

Jojo was really popular in japan and most of the shonen mangakas took inspiration from it's "tricky stand ability" formula.
bleach has shikai and bankai (like stands, each has a unique ability reflecting their personality)

one piece has the devil fruit, although it doesn't reflect the personality of the user, it still has that jojo esq feel of mysterious weird powers, figuring out what the person's devil fruit power is to counter it and being creative with the power to use it to it's fullest potential

many other shonen anime have clear jojo inspiration

Despite being older, it's actually more cancerous than most memes out there today:
youtube.com/watch?v=JrvQkkjx_xM

>remember 2007
>remember ORA ORA, TOKI WO TOMARE and WRYYY and not really caring where it came from
>2008
>play jump ultimate stars
>finally find out about jojo and dio and stardust crusaders
>still don't give a fuck

memes is what made it popular, now nobody can take this shitty manga seriously.

>Jojo
>Shit
For real?

>hallucinates random objects as phones
>split personality
>VA takes place in 2005
>yfw Diavolo is a 21st century schizoid man

man the meme was older than that.. its older than old. it's fucking ADTRW old

>that filipino milf

Who would make their mom say this?

Pre anime season 1
>za warudo
>wrrrry
>flash videos

Anime season 1
>ur next line is jokes
>gay posing
>those remixes with anime and asb lines

SDC anime
>ora ora muda muda rerorero etc
>milf hunter cherry licker
>comments on song references by people that read the manga

DUI anime (where we are now)
>IS THIS A JOJO REFERENCE (both ironically and otherwise)
>DUWANG
>roundabout memes
>general social media type bullshit
>everyone talking about how it's a classic despite just finding out about it

probably time slips and universes merging again, I still remember things that don't exist, yet I once had a physical object of said thing.

I still haven't watched it personally.

Are you implying Phantom Blood and second season are the same? Because PB has its own memes.
>NOT THE FROG
>Even Speedwagon is afraid
>It was me, Dio

I was lumping them into the same time period and I completely forgot those somehow. Please forgive me.

>Realizing now that jojo is popular
Where have you been the last 3 years sempai?

>Roundabout
>DiU
????

are you that dumb?

I remember when the only way to discuss jojo was to go on /vg/ to the All star battle general which never had more than 10 posts an hour
Now there is a general for it on Sup Forums

Genuinely thought it was some sort of yaoi series when I first saw images of it without knowing anything about the series. I think it was some old scans of the Pillar Men.

Looking back I can't really blame myself

and yet they still shit up Sup Forums with multiple threads.

I just reread part 6 and that pose is so fucking weird because there's no need for Pucci to do it, he wasn't using an ability or posting after delivering a beatdown, he just kinda does it. Why did he do that?

I've always been vaguely aware of its existence but only got into it last month when I blew through the anime and have been reading through the manga ever since. I'm getting close to done with SBR now. I won't pretend to have always been a fan or anything, but it's a really fantastic ride and I think it deserves the attention it's getting now. I get it might be annoying to see normies spouting memes about it but I'm glad it's at least getting recognition in the West now. Enough to get to collect the series in hardcover,
finally, at least.

The oldest JoJo memes are from the time Poole was still an underaged shit in SA, though most people didn't really care where did ZA WARUDO or ORAORAORA came from. Also, there was the Duwang issue, but that's another thing.

JoJo exploded thanks to the anime, the first JoJo nu-meme was KONO DIO DA, which gives you the clue as to when this fanbase started growing like cancer.

Isn't DUWANG popular even before the anime started?

I thought the anime made it less popular. I expected it to be subbed in Duwang as it was airing, but as far as I know that didn't happen at all.

I remember downloading a mod for Max Payne 2 a long time back which amplified Bullet Time's effect by a lot and played the ZA WARUDO sound. That was my first introduction to JoJo.

>No Joseph meeting Mitikata and freaking out thinking he's Kars

Missed potential: the manga?

you're asking the wrong question, do you know how uncomfortable that pose is?

> I've been browsing the internet and Sup Forums for years and I never remembered hearing a thing about Jojo until about two years ago
>is this like the Mandela Effect?

you're a fucking newfag

how is it possible that you say you've been browsing Sup Forums for years and you've never fucking heard about Jojo?

Sup Forums's been talking about jojo ever since it used to have a loli board

because little babby are now allowed to say they've been browsing Sup Forums since 2010-2011 and because of that they are oldfags

how many animeonlys will fall for the narancia is a girl meme?

>I've been browsing the internet and Sup Forums for years
As in four years at best?
>I remember when the only way to discuss jojo was to go on /vg/
If you're a filthy fucking newfag and don't remember the old Sup Forums threads with Shizuka and Deepfag.
Where and when do you think the DUWANG/King Crimson etc. memes started?

hours to the new chapter?

I was fucking shocked when I tried to play the game, tried to do the timestop super and suddenly that happened. I felt like the world was opening up before me.

Are people here unironically replying to a copy pasta?

Blacks are much like asians in their flexibility, it is a scientific anomaly which is woefully under-reported on by the mainstream media.

Out now

It only became popular during part 3

Gappy's CQC never gets old

Za warudo was definitely a meme during the mid late 2000's.
But I'm guessing the fact that it got a 3D fighting AND it started getting adapted in 2012 did help it gain more popularity. (More so globally, since it was already popular in Japan)

Really Araki?

Robber Soul mirror matches were an internal meme with me and my friends when we played JJBA for PSX.

That was so long ago.

RERORERORERORERO

Get on it user. Don't forget to call it lol so randumb shit even though it's not.

is johnny joestar jonathan son?

>see this meme for years
>have no idea where it came from
>a friend suggests watching JJBA
>think it's going to be some kind of globe-trotting adventure following an archaeologist
>Dio turns into a vampire and goes WRYYYYYYY
>mfw

>invisible baby never relevant again
>Duwang Gang and Passione don't team up to help with Pucci
>Giorno doesn't meet a Zeppeli that learns he's DIO's son

>they redesigned Speed King
FUCK
>Jobin is a bad guy
FUCK

Let's stop saying stupid things and talk about the new chapter.

I felt my heart fucking drop when I saw Yasuho get attacked holy shit.

>Be kind like Jonathan
>Be loyal like Joseph
>Stand proud like Jotaro
>Be strong like Josuke
>Be caring like Giorno
>Survive like Jolyne
>Don’t be like Johnny
>Be adventurous like Jo2uke

>>Don’t be like Johnny
Hey, Johnny became a good person by the end.

>joseph
>loyal

>mentioning Joseph being loyal and Josuke in the same post

He's great really. Who do you think the CQC side belongs to? I'd go for Josefumi, Kira wouldn't want to ruin his hands.

It really looks good.

So, now Gappy's basically fucked, who can help him? Kyo is the only one I can think of, pick him up with her stand and rush away from the zombies. He could decide to risk it and call Norisuke, Tsurugi is fine too I guess, but I don't see him as a great option for finding people.

So this is the 3rd chapter of chase, how long do you think it'll last, considering that Araki is hammering on the fact that the city is in real danger.

fucking hell, we only got two relevant scenes this chapter, why were 30 fucking pages wasted on a repetition of the previous chapter?

when that bike ran over the zombie lady i actually thought it was Born This Way for a second

me too, too bad it wasn't

Yeah that was kind of lame, probably to point out how dangerous the abilty is.
It'll look more coherent when the fight will be over.

Will we get a true chase? There's Gappy on a bike as in now, I wouldn't exclude that he already knows how to ride a motorbike, there's Norisuke with the one in the garage, Kyo with Born This Way and Jobin has been shown driving numerous times. The cards are there.

calling it, this fight ends by gappy surrendering himself to the ability, but suspending blood on top of the user so he has to cancel the ability in order to survive

You stupid young memester fuck.
If it wasn't for the anime, people like you wouldn't know about it. Which I guess would be better than what we have right now.

I lost count of the number of times I tried to shill Jojo when it was just a manga and people refused to read it because it looked too weird. So fuck off with your Mandella Effect bullshit.

I don't understand that last panel. Is he implying he's going after his brother next since he wrongly thinks he's the common link?

>>Be loyal like Joseph

No, I think he knows that Joshu doesn't know jackshit. What if he's referring to Kira? Norisuke had ties with him that much is clear.

Uh Jobin, breaking Yasuho's phone isn't going to do much when its a fucking Stand ability, she can just get another one. Don't count on her not just pulling the ground data out of her ass when she wakes up either, her stand kind of does that.

Thought about that, depends on how much she stays out. A nice bullshit copout would be that she forgot the last then minutes due to her brain being fried.

Normalfags bandwagon effect because of the anime. The memes were always there, but the saturation of it expanded because of it.

This is fact.

I only ever knew jojo from this dumb fucking meme.
Somebody mentioned it here and I started reading the series. Some years later the anime came out and I realized some people had been waiting for decades, so it was overall a great experience.
Then everyone started talking jojo. Oh well

The moment she said "huh, hot?" I got fucking goosebumps. Goddamn.

>I'd go for Josefumi
Of course Josefumi. Do you not remember him ORAORA'ing one of the twins with his own leg?

>Don’t be like Johnny

Yeah well that wasn't really a technique in the proper sense, but he is indeed physical.

Notice how Praisley Park design changed a bit, she doesn't have the JUST hairline anymore.
Also Speed King has spikes now.

I knew that steamroller thing and I heard about JoJo, but didn't know anything, except it had masks that made Vampires or something.
I never really realized how old and big JoJo is, I filed it with "other shounene stuff I didn't read yet" and put it into the same category as Bleach, HxH etc.
Wasn't until I read the SC manga that I finally realized where that steamroller was from. I only read JoJo because of the animu, glad I did.

Why does this guy in part 6 look like King Crimson?

Poor man's crimson

How did he make water shield?