Did he cheat?

Did he cheat?

Other urls found in this thread:

deathnotefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Note_IQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes. the author says so.

Yes he used the stolen death note to control Kira. The whole confession by Kira was written days before the final showdown.

No, it's literally a life or death situation. Using underhanded tactics is a given, you'd be stupid not to. If Mikami had kept a page of the real note in his underwear then they would have won

He was controlling Mikami

Well he did have the author behind him

L would've won just as hard, if not harder, without cheating.

Debate me.

Is there an alternative ending where Mikami didn't blew it? even fan-fiction, as long as it's good, I wanted to see a world where Light is the God in the shadows.

*debates*

no

>cheat
>in the "game" of cheating
Really activates my judgement protocol.

This.

>If a character didnt lose he would have won
Some real deep logic there man.

Actually, L already won but Light cheated by making Misa's shinigami kill L.

No one fan claim to know what Near did when the writer himself left it up to interpretation.

>L won even though he lost

DN sould have ended after ep 25

>m-muhh L could have done it too!!
Light and Near have the same IQ, L has a lesser one. It's in the databooks

Intellectually L won hands down. The mind game ends when the investigation teams catches Misa. From that point it is just a matter of how many more magical asspulls the author is willing to give Light for the sake of continuing the story long enough to explore its themes.

>Light pulls a 4-D chess move towards L
>Near is supposed to be even smarter than L
>the best strategy was "haha, you fell for the old switcheroo fag"
This show deserved a better ending.

L is a faggot

Near should never have existed, Mello should have been the only successor.

Only the first cour is canon anyway so it's irrelevant

>continuing the story to sell more books
Fixed for you

there is. its called rewrite

The databook is fucking gay.
It has L to be as smart as Mikami.
Fucking gay.

>Mikami
I forgot he even existed, I had to google him

Bullshit. L is an easy 145, I would give less than 140 to Light and Near

>140
Are you joking? They're at least 160 or nearing it. 140 is almost normal

I never watched the 2nd part of Death Note. I couldn't digest it considering they replaced L with 2 edgy children and it all went to shit. I can't, and won't ever know about anything of it.

In my headcannon, DN ended when Light won against L.

They needed each other. Near was the brains and Mello was the brawn. Without Mello taking action they would never have gone anywhere

I just read DN for the first time. The second half wasn't as terrible as expected, just a different flavor. Light just keeps slipping up and generally ends up looking incompetent in front of all the other characters that the whole 2nd half feels like a bunch of friends who want to get rid of that one guy in the group they don't like but don't know how

I have 139, is not too normal as you make it sound, but yeah, they are way smarter that, i would give Near 160 and L 165

Reminder L can only win because lol unlimited money and political connections to literally control TV networks.

Stop taking online IQ tests, you imbecile.

No, and thinking otherwise would be extremely retarded

Napoleon was estimated at 145. You're telling me Light fucking Yagami would have a higher IQ than Napoleon? It's the guy who had a Death Note and managed to get fucking caught
You're above average once you're in the 120 range. 140 you're easily best of your country with top marks if you work oftenly, which is what Light is.

Light only won against L because the entire universe aligned in his favor

So he doesn't only happen to be the son of the guy in charge of his own investigation, but then a fanatic follower falls on his lap with a ghost that is super easy to manipulate and has literally no counter, for no good reason

you forgot the fact that L is surrounded with useless incompetents and that Misa is a 9/10
Light is fucking Chad

To this day I still dont understand what even happened. Or maybe I just forgot...

This isn't really accurate. I'm not even sure IQ is an effective measure. I got an IQ test done when I was a child and it was in the 130s, and I know at least a few people who are definitely smarter than me.

In the data books, they say Light's 1Q is 210 or something. Even Mello was 180

IQ test schmiku test. What canon showed us, is that L is definitely smarter than Light. He was just up against unbelievable odds

Which is obviously total bullshit. I believe you're referring to this page
deathnotefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Note_IQs
Who would take this seriously?
Watari 175? Misora 170? When did they show it? It's like Detective Conan's author who says Kaito Kid has an IQ of 400, it's nonsense. Even Johan, Akagi, Ging, Pariston or Conan wouldn't even come close to 200, and they're a landslide smarter than Light or L

Yes, that is a fan created page. In Death Note Volume 13: How to Read all the characters are given intelligence ratings out of 10. For example: Light (9/10), L (8/10), Near (9/10), Mello (7/10), Mikami (8/10), Soichiro (6/10), Aizawa (5/10), Misa (3/10), etc.

>Light manipulates a Shinigami into killing L to get rid of two birds with one stone
>Near uses the death of his friend Mellow to discover the fake rule about the death note to defeat Light

There was a lot I didn't like about Near as a character (and he had a lot of ass pulls with guessing things accurately) but he beat Light fairly with Mellow's help

Light was really dumb for getting closer to L instead of killing more and more people close to L until he gets to L. For example, he could have threatened the president of the US and the Congress to spend dozens of millions to find L.

Near isn't smarter than L. Near says as much and owes everything to L who was 5 seconds away from discovering Kira

>3/10
Poor Misa

are you sure near has seen light yagamis face

But Light deleted all the information about the Kira case

I want to tell you *I'm L*

holy shit you retards don't even know what IQ measures or stands for

Educate us

visual pattern recognition is what most IQ tests overwhelmingly focus on

blind? too bad
simply shit at visual patterns? too bad

however, IQ tests are something you can very easily get good at
just do a couple per week and you'll be instantly more """"intelligent"""" almost every time

Did anyone watch the newest movie? Was it good?

DeathNote was a mistake.

Mikami wasn't retarded, though. He was just an overzealous fanatic, which was his downfall.

L probably should be smarter than him, though.

Then why are people witb high IQ scores overwhelmingly better at Math, Physics, and all that crap?

because they put in the effort to be good at it

just like with math, physics and all that crap

No. Isaac Newton invented Calculus out of nothing, he didn't work hard, he's just a genius

k

Above 140 is considered genius level
there are different versions
70 and bellow- retaded
90-110 average
110-120 above average
120-140 high above average
140 and up genius

>power levels

>test is in the form of pattern recognition therefore it only measures the capacity for pattern recognition
This is how stupid you sound

Death note ages pretty poorly.
You realize that the "psychological game" aspect is worse than any other popular manga like Kaiji or Liar game and the characters are some of the worse even among the notoriously plot driven "psychological game" genre.
It really is just the tension that makes it good first read and once its all done there is pretty much zero reread value.

>140 and up
The IQ power rankings were not made by a genius

it literally does, as proven by the fact that you can train yourself to be better at IQ tests without gaining even a grain of actual intelligence

it's a crapshoot

This, the only rules are the ones the participants impose upon themselves.
L is all three of the world's greatest detectives with tremendous resources at his favor.
He only had the means to coerce the president when he became L. Threatening the American government via public broadcast or something would make Kira look bad.

Is it bad if I put Death Note into the highest tier of my manga/anime rankings? I look at it and can tell that it's flawed, but it's so subjectively satisfying...

It's bad and you should feel ashamed

IGI ARI!
L lost.