Your Name 君の名は。

I want to hear your opinion on that movie.

So far my opinion has been BD when?

I wish that I could wipe my memory of it from my mind
So that I could experience watching it for the first time over and over again

Pretty good. I liked how it was setting up for a typical Shinkai ending and then it was subverted.

It was like 5cm per second but with the ending everyone wanted

So pretty good

Just watched it last night for the first time. Loved it. Wound up watching the last half hour again

well i have to admit, this was the first anime movie i've watched. apparently my taste is the same as yours. at least for this movie.
could you recommend me another movie which won't disappoint me after "your name"?

I LOV EI T

Probably Shinkai's worst movie. It took what 5cm/s did and shat on it and completely ruined the whole theme. It was basically a waste of time.
If it was closer to the tone of The Garden of Words it still could've allowed the happy ending but it tried to copy too much of 5cm/s and failed completely.

Your Name is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DRAMA. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The sensitive characters all trying their hardest to look deep, the jutsus, regular, normal clothes, the whole genderbend faggotry and everything about the Your Name world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on melodrama, and overall preachiness of the movie make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Your Name is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this movie and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Your Name threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

I'll tell you when a good rip is available.

I'd totally write "I love you" on Shinkai's hand.

Enough. You stop that. It's unhealthy.

Posting superior movie.

were lots of nervous murmurs in the cinema at that part

Gets worse and worse with every new episode.

romance was shit and it made no sense. Still good.

it's very good

It didn't have any of the impact and the characters didn't work nearly as well together.

Everything Shinkai's done up until Your Name feels stale and lifeless in comparison.

>Implying Kimi no na wa had any impact
Shinkai chickened out at the end and the movie was weaker for it.

He chickened out by bucking the trend that his work has established? What?

The meeting at the end was extremely important, because he spent a good 10 minutes teasing it.
It had a lot of emotional impact, because it makes you sympathize with the characters very well.

You feel a fraction of the relief the characters did in that moment.

Because he didn't go for the melancholy/depressing end. That's what makes his movies so good, and why people love them. Because they're bittersweet and they are able to tell that through the whole movie. Kimi no na wa fucks it up instead by presenting the same melancholic narrative and then going right back to a happy ending with the most severe tonal whiplash I've ever seen with the breast groping ecchi shit. It's a movie that doesn't know what it wants to do, and there's literally no reason for it to have mainstream appeal given the fact that it doesn't accomplish its goals at the end and is full of that ecchi trash.

Boring/cliche. Nice animation.
Wouldn't watch it again.

5 centimeters per second

I feel relief in knowing that the movie could have been so much better. There was no impact because it was entirely weakened by getting something completely out of left field. It makes 0 sense and it's a bad movie.

"It doesn't do what I wanted it to do" != it doesn't accompish its goals at the end. You just misinterpreted those goals.

>out of left field
He spent ten minutes teasing it and you didn't know whether he'd go for it or not.
That's exactly why it works.

Not just the last ten minutes. The very start of the movie is a call forward to that and shows adult Taki and Mitsuha saying they feel like they're always searching for something.

I liked Patema Inverted

It's a decent movie but a terrible film.

It doesn't work as film, but it is absolute kino

The almost passing each other at the stairs might confuse a lot of people who either don't know Shinkai, aren't Swedish, or aren't Japanese.

Because the rest of the world doesn't find it such a herculean task to say hello to a stranger.

I don't think it's hard to understand, because it feels like this happens often.
I've had this exact thing happen to me multiple times, on a flight of stairs even.