Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu thread

Subs in ~45 minutes.

Soon

I've been spoiled on what will happen this episode, i can't wait to see it.

>[HorribleSubs] Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 - 07 [720p].mkv

aww shit nigga

I am not emotionally prepared to watch this episode. I'll take my time and enjoy it tomorrow.

Oh, the Miyokichi pictures on the record in the OP changed.

Holy mother of God that was good

If Kiku doesn't talk about this with Yota in the next episode I'm killing myself.

same

No, don't kill yourselves! Then you won't get to know how the series ends!

That ending.

I know, bro. I think it suddenly started to rain indoors.

did the full ED come out yet?

Maybe you just have a leaky roof.

This was chilling.

Every damn episode is a 10 out of 10.
It's like anime christmas every week.

I can't decide if Yakumo should tell Konatsu the truth or not. She deserves to know, but it would only cause her pain, I think.

10/10 episode again. I love this show.

Now we wait for the full truth from Yakumo.

looking for words to describe this episode

"10/10" would be an insult

Go for 100/10, I know I will.

i keep rewatching that scene as if i was prodding an aching tooth

it doesn't stop being sad

Did the second half of the episode ever deliver.

Definitely AOTS for me

>spot the MC.jpg

>Look, your mother loved me and not your father. I'm your real daddy.

Konatsu is the real villain of this story

she looks just like Sukeroku though

smug-ignorant-woman.jpg

What an intense scene! I thought the flashback was padding. Could've been shorter. But the first part of the ep was interesting and the ending delieved so much.

does he wear a spotted pantyhose

I want to protect that smile!

Yurie deserved it. Konatsu did nothing wrong.

>''got away with manslaughter'' grin

That whore deserved it.

>mfw studio DEEN
How?

That's no way to talk about Kiku! Kiku, is a lot of things, but a whore he is not!

Can't feel guilty for killing your parents if you don't know you did it

This line makes more sense now. Now I see why Kiku is so suicidal.

It really is a miracle that of all the studios to save anime, it was DEEN.

This is such a beautiful picture.
Also full of falling autumn leaves and with a church in background, seems to imply that someone could be dying soon.

>seems to imply that someone could be dying soon
No fucking shit Sherlock.

Well fuck me, this is the best episode of any show I've seen this season. How the fuck does an anime for women made by fucking DEEN manage to do this?

>lovers' double suicide

more like ''disfunctional marriage's tragic accident"

2 negatives make 1 positive.

Was Miyokichi trying to stab Kiku and accidentally hit Sukeroku?

so she was in dark western clothes not in a white angelic kimono

what a neat feature

God she's so fucking sexy.

I didn't want to see that scene again where that Geisha whore ruined everything.

Even the smug faces in this anime are 10/10. How can other anime even compete?

she was trying to get it on with Bon and Sukeroku intervened

maybe he was getting physical and she stabbed him in self-defence? who knows

They can't. They just try their best for the second place.

that knife spinning on the floor took more budget than the entirety of Konosuba S2

sasuga DEEN

Yurie is not a whore. She did some mistakes, but she did not deserve that. I wish I could protect her.

stop posting Sukeroku you're dead

FUCK OFF, she definitely deserved it, her death wasn't painful enough

Was that like quadruple plot twist?

>make this isekai comedy series
>get a lot of money
>use thay money to make a masterpice
Just as keikaku.

What dark western clothes?

>Yurie is not a whore.
Did you not watch S1 or something.

She's literally LITERALLY a dirty whore.

DEEN wasn't always bad. And most josei that have been adapted to anime are worth the watch.

A whore is a whore. She was a whore in Manchuria and she was a whore when she stalked Bon's master and she was a whore when she stalked Bon and she was a whore when she banged Shin and she was a whore when she ran off on her child and she was a whore when her child killed her.

She was a whore.

Nobody deserved it but she was a whore. That was her main job.

what's stalker-sensei's endgame?

I do not want to be fucking spoiled on this. I nicely ask manga fags to use the spoiler tag.

I know, I'm just memeing lad

Yotaro Shinjuu

Opening changed again.

We will never know. The manga doesn't reveal it by the whore had a knife with her and I doubt she wanted to kill Sukeroku. She probably tried to stab Kiku and then commit suicide, but Sukeroku got in her way.

What do you mean? the episode already aired and it's subtitled. It's your fault if you got spoiled for getting in the thread without watching the episode.

I'm so confused, so was S1 ending just 'Yakumo's imagination' of the double suicide? Kinda pissy about how they handeled the plot twist

He was lying to Yotaro and Konatsu. Made up that story to hide what actually happened.

It's like Shin's father, the manga doesn't bring it up again and we'll never know what happened before Matsuda and Konatsu arrived.

S1 ending was Yakumo lying to Konatsu and Yota about what actually happened

Not Yakumo's imagination, Yakumo telling the story to Yotaro and being an unreliable narrator.

No, it was Yakumo's made up story to not reveal to Konatsu she killed her mother and Sukeroku died trying to save her. The shock of the whole scene and them falling caused her a mental trauma deep enough to confuse her memories. Kiku telling her the truth would have made her even worse.

It is said in the episode that he lied in order to protect Konatsus conscience.

I guess one could argue that there was no real foreshadowing, but i still very much liked the scene itself

So does Konatsu ever find out that she was responsible for both her parent's deaths?

Also why did Miyokichi even stab Sukeroku in the first place?

Ah, makes sense. Must of skipped over that small detail of a story-telling as opposed to a flash-back

>no real foreshadowing
But there was, we saw Konatsu's memory of it in the first ep and it didn't jive with Yakumo's telling.

Yakumo is the goat. Protects Konatsu, is the man her mother loves, etc...

I'm not really prepared for even more misogynists hating on Miyokichi now.

I don't remember if it happened in the broadcast version, the OVA and Director's Cut had the flashback of Konatsu watching Kiku and Sukeroku covered in blood that was shown in this episode before Yotaro arrived to Konatsu.

She loved Yakumo and she wanted to die with him. She probably tried to stab him, but sukeroku managed to protect yakumo. She was fucked in the head man.

Shitposting aside, the anime makes Miyokichi way less of a cunt than the manga.

If you hate anime Miyokichi you'd probably absolutely despise manga Miyokichi.

Fuck that bitch, there's nothing more pathetic and depraved than a dumb cunt lusting after a gay man.

For more than a year, since the minute I saw that whole scene happening AFTER end credits I knew, Kiku was lying.
I had a few ideas, I was expecting that Miyokichi after heating Sukeroku performing fucking Shibahama would try to kill Sukeroku, and maybe after she would kill herself.
But this... Reminds me a bit the dorama Mother, it does have a similar little secret at the end, but this is much much worse. Now I regret knowing the truth.
Poor Kiku...
I don't even know what to think about Konatsu. Her relation with her mother, I know that she hated her and how Miyokichi ended being hated by her daughter. And remembering now how Konatsu promised to kill Kiku...how he must have felt...
So tragic.

Kikuhiko was not gay

>There must be foreshadowing for there to be a plot twist

Are you trying to say Kikuhiko isn't a good enough storyteller to weave a story as a benevolent lie without holes?

>I guess one could argue that there was no real foreshadowing

Gee what the fuck was that then?

>People are actually surprised that a man who tells stories for a living would end his life story with AND THEN THEY BOTH TRIPPED OFF THE BALCONY AND DIED THE END

Pay attention you fucks, S1 ending being anti-climactic should have been a massive red flag about the reliability of Yakumo's story.

What a nice guy.

Sorry but people who refer to female characters as "bitch", "slut" or "cunt" should never be taken seriously in my eyes. That's major suspect yo

The anime made her more of a cunt. For example, in the manga Miyokichi watches Sukeroku's last rakugo while the anime made her leave after Kikuhiko finished

>It's like Shin's father, the manga doesn't bring it up again and we'll never know what happened before Matsuda and Konatsu arrived.
Actually, talking with a friend of mine who is reading the manga, she said there are hints on the story that point to someone. Under spoilers the rest, just in case:
A few days ago I was talking with a friend of mine about the show. She asked me who I think is Shin's father. My answer was the young yakuza guy, Yotaro's boss. But she thinks it's Kiku based on the following hints
>well there is simply his looks when he's older >right when she(Konatsu) announced she was pregnant, he(kiku) had a vision of shin and said "are you angry because of what I did to your daughter?" (last episode, S1)
>there is one guy at the end(stalker-kun) who pretty much flat out asks her(Konatsu) because he thinks shinnosuke looks like a descendant of "both sukeroku and yakumo"
>Me: And what does konatsu answer? I bet she denied it but whats her overall attitude?
>Friend: She just laughed and said she wouldn't say. She said all the people who would know besides her were dead and she'd take it to the grave.
>Me: If its true I do wonder why it happened. They don't have a good relationship to begin with.
>Friend: She does say she wanted it to make sure the rakugo line kept going.
And that's it. My friend translated some panels of the the scene with Kiku and Sukeroku, the one of the last episode, S1and another one when Miyo visits Konatsu. Anyway, dunno if those hints are enough, but thought of sharing it here.

>So does Konatsu ever find out that she was responsible for both her parent's deaths?
She is only responsible for killing Miyo.

Shut the fuck up, bitch. Ain't nobody care what a cunt thinks, slut.

Keep dreaming, hetfag.

Miyokichi was a woman of old ways in a changing world, with no one to protect her she was doomed. Kiku also fucked up because mah rakugo. But honestly I belive that the later Yakumo was the one who screwed up the life of the three of them.