How much did it cost to build and repair Tokyo-3?

How much did it cost to build and repair Tokyo-3?

Billions upon billions, the mention countries are going bankrupt to keep nerv afloat.

Why was such a huge city necessary? Could the same desired effect not happen with a village or at least a much smaller city?

Because Nerv required a lot of people to maintain and staff. Just the Eva division is probably a small army to repair armor, build weapons, etc. Everyone in Tokyo 3 is in some way employed by Nerv, either directly or hired as a construction worker. Thats why the city is so big (although really its only a million people at most).

It is where it is because it was built on top of Lillith's moon.
Tokyo 3 is basically a company town. Most people living there are Nerv personel, people working in supporting industries, and their family members. And most civilians unrelated to that left after the first angel attack you can hear a woman talking about that on ep 2 while they're grocery shopping.

Oh yea, like the other guy says, it's not even that big of a city. It's certainly not Old Tokyo, and even Tokyo 2 which is the actual capital. Tokyo 3 exists to support nerv's necessary infrastructure.

More importantly how did SEELE and Gendo find something like the Lance, was the location it was buried in written in the Dead Sea Scrolls and did they just get lucky by using it to impale Lilith?

I'm still really hoping we one day get an OVA of the German branch being destroyed since it sounds like it could give us a lot of information.

the Lance was in Adam in Antartica. They found Adam because it was in the Scrolls. They intentionally impaled Lilith to put her in suspended animation until Instrumentality could begin

Why didn't they just build the entirety of tokyo 3 in the geofront? There was literally no reason to have it be fucked up with every angel encounter, and logistically it's also better because employees would be closer to their job anyway.

Here's a question: where is Seele located exactly? I mean, when Fuyutski is abducted in episode 21 (I think), they bring him somewhere outside of Nerv before Kaji frees him. And does Gendo actually meet with the board members/monoliths in person, or do they do it in a green screen room like in 3.0? If he can meet them in person, doesn't this mean Seele is somewhere nearby?

What was the tax policy of each of the Tokyos?

It's like the Star Wars prequels. It's a load of holograms.

Because the geofront itself is part of lilith's egg and as such is part of a technically secret & secured location.
>Here's a question: where is Seele located exactly?
They're spread all over the world. Seele itself doesn't have any facilities, it's the members themselves that make up SEELE.
> (I think), they bring him somewhere outside of Nerv before Kaji frees him
> does Gendo actually meet with the board members/monoliths in person, or do they do it in a green screen room
The first time Gendo meets with them he does so at a temporary tent set up by the UN, and he holds a holo-conference with them there. They probably set other such tents when requesting meetings with other nerv personel.

Its a good point, but there might be a couple reasons

-It would be hard to escape (as a civilian), because you'd rely on trams/elevators. On ground they could take trains and cars. It would also be easy to be trapped underground by a smart angel
-it might pose a security problem given that the civilians could just walk up to the Nerv pyramid or whatever, whereas there's the whole Geogront separating them
-it wouldn't look as cool as the whole buildings moving up and down thing desu

Tokyo 1 is gone, restricted military zone now.
Tokyo 2 is rule by whatever tax policy japans might have set up.
Tokyo 3 is funded by the united nations.

>secret

Not when the buildings are retracted into the Geofront and they can see everything through the windows.

And yes, I'm aware you're joking.

One of them was just a facade so they could maneuver military funds easily without the government questioning why.

>technically secret
As stated most people in Tokyo 3 work for Nerv one way or another, but you'd still want to have some sort of control over who comes in and out of the geofront. Plus it's only the downtown district that goes under ground. And you can't have growth and the necessary urban sprawl if you build a city in a confined space.

This town is one of my favourite parts of eva.
You get this feeling of "wow this town looks expensive" when they introduce it.
The way nobody even mentiones anymore when it is partly destroyed during a battle really adds a lot to the setting.

Why is it called Tokyo 3 when Tokyo 2 is still around? Did they name it that just in case Tokyo 2 was also destroyed? Must have been confusing trying to explain what the capital of Japan was.

Tokyo 2 became a temporary capital after Old Tokyo got blown up. They justified all the resources poured into Tokyo 3 by saying it would eventually would become the permanent capital once the angel threat was over. So they promoted it as a safe fortress city to attract people (again the woman shinji overhears in the super market says as much).

Maybe all major citys will be called Tokyo at this point, who knows

I'm confused about Tokyo2 being a temporary capital when the Prime Minister's office has a 20 floor ceiling and a giant fuck-you pendulum over his desk. But I'll take your word for it

The thing it that there's a difference between what the claim and what the real intentions were. Tokyo 3 wasn't actually intended to become the new capital because after the angels were gone they were going to Tang humanity themselves. They only sold the public (traumatized by SI, war and the Tokyo blast) the idea of investing that much in Nerv and Tokyo 3 by telling them it was going to be the new capital, and that it was going to be a fortress city armed up to the teeth to prevent anything ever happening again.

about 3 ITERs?

astronomical amounts of dosh

makes you wonder why they decided to build it on top of the favorite destinations for angels