Are you ok with flanderization in anime?

Are you ok with flanderization in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Flanderization/AnimeAndManga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fumoffu was great, fuck off.

Fumofu was a comedic spin-off user, that's not flanderization of a character

What does that word mean? I'm not googling it.

Are you trying to talk shit about Fumoffu, faggot?

a complex character being reduced to their most prominent trait.

go back to tvtropes

There was nothing complex about those characters, they just never resolved their one-note issues.

kyoani has done in most of their modern adaptions

It means OP is a massive faggot who reads TVtropes and then considers himself a critic

I mostly remember that FMP Fumoffu was better than canon content.

season 1 i barely remember. i mean, it had an bad guy mercenary who worked for the USSR i think who hijacked their super awesome submarine.

season 3 had that MADDO SCIENTIST and he got drunk on whiskey and began discussing philosophy with a chinese prostitute who looked just like chidori.

it's been so fucking long i really barely remember anything about FMP anymore. Kyoani might as well acknowledge it's even more dead than Haruhi.

wasn't referring to these characters, but that is what flanderization is.

You shall forever remember this as the day you almost baited user letoriouxe

If you post an unrelated picture you're supposed to say so.

>Kyoani might as well acknowledge it's even more dead than Haruhi.
There's another season this fall, m8.

i'm not the OP

Fumoffu was goddamn hilarious. One of the greatest comedy anime ever.

>dat episode where the teacher keeps trying the sabotage the lunch food
>that episode where Sagara forgets Chidori's notes at home
>that episode with the biohazardous material

isn't it by another studio?

Oh, my bad.

>Flanderization

Didn't even know this was a term until now. Then again, I never go on TV Tropes

Yeah, Xebec's doing it now, I think.

They fed that one guy his pet fish he had been raising for YEARS.

I know aquarium owners and they would fucking murder anyone who did that to them. People who keep fish as pets don't fucking joke around.

Why do tv tropes users think they're allowed to post on Sup Forums?

It's not flanderization. Fumoffu and TSR are all part of the same story. Fumoffu just focuses on non-plot stuff/sol/comedy and TSR focuses on plot stuff which includes elements like character development. But it all takes place in one timeline.

"The word "Flanderization" predates tvtropes fags.

It was great to have it between the two serious seasons too. If they adapt all the way to the end of the novels I hope they can do it again.

>not mentioning the rugby episode
>not mentioning the karate club episode

FMP was shit because it didn't know what it wanted to be, Mecha action or School comedy, and it failed at both.
FUMOFFU and TSR both went in with strong identities and were both superb for it.

FMP was more enjoyable when it was 100% SoL hijinks.

>FMP was shit because it didn't know what it wanted to be, Mecha action or School comedy, and it failed at both.
On the other hand I think splitting it up for a show's introductory season would have mislead of lot of viewers and really pissed them off. Having multiple seasons to show off both sides of the series was an excellent luxury, but the first season might be necessarily fucked since you have to show the audience how it has both right out of the gate.

Fumoffu was still a fanservice waste though. It added nothing to the series as a whole.

> Sup Forums unironically likes FMP

Aren't you supposed to be 18 to post here?

>"The word "Flanderization" predates tvtropes fags.

It really doesn't

Back in the day, FMP was what the oldfags complained that KyoAni was not making a new season of.

Souske did nothing wrong.

Apparently not considering the youjo shitki and memesuba circlejerks

He's blocking my view of Chidori's panties; that's pretty wrong.

It just won't be the same without him.

This was the highest point of type moon

No

TAAAAKIII

>FMP was 20 years ago

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Flanderization/AnimeAndManga

The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character. Most always, the trait/action becomes completely outlandish and it becomes their defining characteristic. Sitcoms and Sitcom characters are particularly susceptible to this, as are peripheral characters in shows with long runs.

The trope is named for one of the examples in The Simpsons, Ned Flanders, who was originally just a considerate neighbor and attentive father, with his devout nature simply being that he willingly attended and paid attention in church, all to make him a contrast to Homer, before becoming obsessively religious to the point of being an utter jackass.

Season 3 this year m8.

Fumoffu is canon in the novels.
All the stories in Fumoffu were in novel originally.

Also, is is not flanderization, as Souske does look completely retarded when there is no danger approaching.

I actually loved how Fumoffu led perfectly into the climactic talk between Sousuke and Wraith in The Second Raid. Wraith mocking Sousuke and telling him (s)he had been watching him be retarded throughout all of his school days made Fumoffu all the better in my eyes.