Arifureta

>Here is your magic card that shows your status like a JRPG.
>Don't ask how it works, we don't know either.
>You can read it using the Language Comprehension skill.
Is this a satire of the isekai genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

j-novel.club/s/arifureta-from-commonplace-to-world-s-strongest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The reincarnation/transportation genre became a satire of itself a long time ago.

nice digits toyota-san

wait and read ReMonster

Re Monster is barely even a story, it's basically a game log.

I just wish someone would write an actually good parody of Arifureta's first few chapters where the story veers off into slice of life of the guy with utility abilities that used to be bullied but overcame the schooltime issues to build friendships

You know instead of retarded envy murder into edgy monster murder shit where a guy with no education on the subject makes railguns and grenades out of rocks.

> Literally pretty much the only notable innovation he brought to this world was condiments.

That would require that otaku be able to self insert into a story in which they make friends at school, instead of one where they get their revenge on anyone who avoided the class sperglord.

You know, as an odd question. Is there, in fact, any modern conveniences that your everyman would know?

Like, if you go to a fantasy world, they have fucking MAGIC. What are you going to do, introduce penicillin?

Basic sanitation, germ theory, steam engine theory, etc.

One could become absurdly rich from the idea of spirit distillation alone, which isn't at all a difficult concept.

But physics are different there, right? If magic actually works, science is out of the window.

Well, for Toyota, the only thing he brought was condiments and knowledge of stars, latter being the thing that defeats his enemy.

Oh boy, so the LN for this finally got licensed.

>Modern technology wank
An average Sup Forumsnon without cheats would probably die in that kind of world as soon as he arrives.

>Oh boy, so the LN for this finally got licensed
Who's licensing it? I don't see it on any of the usual news sites.

Magic is just using the energy in and around you, it doesn't interfere with science.

Usually in these things Science works until explicitly stated otherwise. Same as how it works in videogames.

Protip: you use the magic along with science.

Are the novel translations permanently in hiatus

Why can't magic be a branch of science, if it follows rules that can be determined through the scientific method?

Technically yeah. Thermal dynamics would either be different or have a bunch more shit tacked on.

J-Novel club just announced it during their reddit AMA. No press release yet but it's on their site.

>it doesn't interfere with science
Unless there is enough energy around you to obliterate the planet it takes a gigantic shit all over the conservation of mass and energy.

How is the translation? I'm sure it's better than Japtem but then again a JLPT N5 with a phone dictionary could do better than Japtem.

>j-novel.club/s/arifureta-from-commonplace-to-world-s-strongest/
>Translator: Ningen
>Editor: DxS
Kek even the editor and translator don't want their real names on it.

>J-Novel club

They smelled the jewpress money are now on a licensing warpath.

Steam engine theory in fantasy world would be glorious. Imagine powerplant with fire magic stone as for the fuel.

Magic is basically technology taken to a godly extreme. Magicians are basically just hyper selective hybrid computational devices that leverage quantum and traditional computing to manipulate dark energy and transmute it into other forms of matter/energy.

All that said, you could actually introduce a lot of things that would make you ass tons of money all the while improving the quality of life all around you.

Hell one of the biggest things you could do is introduce the idea of vertical farming in a magical world. Instead of using up vast amounts of land horizontally, you just build a structure that can grow crops vertically and utilizing magic, you can ensure that you can produce food year around. This in turn would mean that building castles and cities around this highly efficient method of food production would lead to denser populations. It would also make it much harder for invaders to damage your population's ability to live and function--as cities would be build around these towers of food rather than food production being built around the cities.

If that isn't enough you can introduce sanitation, desalination of water, the idea of using salt to cure food, and using magic to refrigerate it; the possibilities are endless.

It's always interesting how in all these isekai stories that are ripe with magic, rapid advancements in quality of life that would otherwise be produced by science and technology, never occur. It's like society becomes immensely complacent as soon as magic is thrown into the mix and somehow devolves to an agrarian level.

Their Saihate No Paladin translation was ok i guess.
But well, compared to a literal MTL of course its going to be much better.

I think they even have preveiws or something so check that out.

How is this comparable to Yen Press at all, the fan translation is dead and reads like shit and they are starting immediately after announcing instead of waiting six months.

>It's always interesting how in all these isekai stories that are ripe with magic, rapid advancements in quality of life that would otherwise be produced by science and technology, never occur. It's like society becomes immensely complacent as soon as magic is thrown into the mix and somehow devolves to an agrarian level.
Well, look at China. They missed the industrial revolution even though most of the ingredients were in place. It's perfectly possible that even with magic nobody would think to use them in those ways for centuries, especially if magic is as poorly understood in their medieval period as chemistry was in our own.

I'm too busy imagining the highschool mc blowing himself up or being impaled with schrapnel from trying to use highschool level education to build a working steam engine. Those things were fucking dangerous and not something for an inexperianced amateur to be tinkering around with.

It honestly shocks me that this is popular at all.

The first time I read it I legitimately thought it was a joke, like somebody had just typed up some parody Japanese light novel with a protagonist that was WAY too edgy. It still shocks me that anyone can take this seriously.

Do like Balud and invent the water pump.

I have a feeling the author was just writing for the hell of it because he was bored or he had a daydream one day and decided to throw it on narou.

I mean, you read the WN translated chapter afterwords, and a dozen or so chapters in the author admits he has only just decided on how the main character is supposed to behave towards other people (family = protect at all costs, everyone else = don't give a shit), meaning he didn't even have a clear picture of his protagonist's character when he started writing i.e. he wasn't planning ahead.

The author is probably as astonished as you that it became as popular as it did.

Didn't fucking Archimedes invent a water pump?

Depends on how widespread magical ability and knowledge is among the population.

In the world in that setting everyone was basically drawing water out of wells with the bucket method. He used knowledge from the two other souls inside him to create a pump (among other things, he's pretty quickly becoming richer than his parents).

Stuff he's "invented" so far includes beet sugar, simple shampoo/conditioner, and electro plating and the battery to power it.

You know you're probably right. That was actually why I kinda liked those early chapters, the MC hadn't started being a jackass yet.

I just wish that some of this popularity would be directed to a series that's a little less stupid.

>invented the fucking wheelbarrow
Did this kid land in the Neolithic period? Fucking ancient china and ancient Greece had the wheelbarrow

So I made a very quick side by side comparison of the official chapter 1 preview and the WN's fan translation with LN bits added.

I'm sure anyone can tell which is which.

Jesus christ, how could people actually motivate themselves to read that machine translated gibberish.

It's not exactly high quality prose to begin with, you're not losing much.

Xant & Minions were supposed to pick up Arifureta, but official translations is nice.

That's okay, more time for Kuma kuma kuma bear.

It became satire on a meta level.
Since a lot of them since take themselves deadly serious.

>Since a lot of them since take themselves deadly serious.
This is something I don't understand, are the writers really so brainwashed they can't tell how cringeworthy it is?

Spoken like a true EOP user-kun!

Well no, jokes aside, MTL translation is the worst when the original japanese RAW has some slang words or particular dialect for the characters. I read Grimoire x Reverse lately and the translation was a mess because MTL can't grasp the MC's dialect correctly.

On the other hand, machine translation is how you get sentences like "Savoring the misfortune in this sequence of events is now progressing."