ITT: Masterfully written characters

I'll start with an obvious one

He's not really that well written, in fact, he kind of lacks substance(which is a problem with most of the cast of that show)
Yang from the same show is more well-written than him.

I don't have an actual picture of Shinji so here he is as a girl.

Reinhard is okay, my only big problem with him is the stupid space disease at the end of the show.
I liked how awkward he was with Hilde.

>muh sister

Good topic

I'm actually really curious which characters Sup Forumsnons consider 'well written'. It's usually just the standard shitting on ones that apparently don't cut the mustard.

Almost the entire cast of Monogatari are multi-layered and have interesting dynamics with others, with the exception of Araragi's sisters at the moment, but even then they get covered more later on in the novels.

The best "dumb" character deserves a mention

well the disease was hinted since the start of the show when he constantly fell ill

But was it really needed? What more does it bring to the story that he died? Why did he have to die? WHY TELL ME WHY
Hilde is alone. This makes me so angry for no goddamn reason, Sup Forums.

He did it.

Everyone in this show.

If only Kircheis were here, he would have you shot!

NGE's main cast
Naota
Griffith
Hanekawa
Simon (pretty conventional character arc, good nonetheless)
8man
Squealer

>Griffith
>muh my kingdom
Tetsuo, Musashi, Grimmer, Meruem and the whole cast of 7seeds on the other hand

The man himself speaks volumes about humanities struggle.
Griffith is great as well.

Why does he become so tactically inept when he becomes Kaiser? Literally always relied on Mittermeyer etc, despite being the best tactician ever in the first season

This. Kirito is easily the best written character of all time. Nobody can even come close. His bland personality and overpowered skills just beam with good writing.

>the only true black swordsman.jpg

Because he has to deal with all the political and administrative stuff, he just didn't have time to have fun fighting Yang

This. Him and Yang are just such fucking good characters

Bad writing

am i the only one who really likes julian as a character?

>there are people who don't realize that Oberstein did nothing wrong and had the galaxy's best interests in mind

dude didn't give a shit about "muh honor through battle" and knew which hard choices had to be made

>"Dogs eat dog food."
>his dog refuses to eat anything other than chicken
Was Oberstein just angry over his disobedient dog and venting his frustrations on the galaxy?

Griffith's character is about struggling on the line between a happy but mediocre life, and an arduous but great one. The dream of "his kingdom" is just a metaphor for the latter. He could've chosen to stay with the Band of the Hawk as his family and lived happily until the end of his days, but only as a no-name commoner overshadowed by everyone else in his era. He instead chose to live a life filled with conflict and despair in the interest of becoming a great king and carving his name into history.

Yup.

I like him but his relationship with Katerose was too forced.

He enjoyed war, that was what he was good at, war. They mentioned so many times how bored he was when he brought peace and he wouldn't last without an opponent, same with Ruenthal.

Copying the Alexander the Great route is lazy writing.

Please be a bait.

There literally doesn't exist a better written character.

I argue that Anno being bitter and angry at Otakus is what prevents NGE's main cast from being great.

The Cast of Gungrave
Roger, Schwartzwald, Beck, and Alex from Big O
Captain Mask, Bellri, Klim Nick from Reconguista in G
Banner of the Stars

how so? It seemed to me that that was part of his intentions all along and that the cast was constructed from his bitterness

Was going to post him.

The one that doesn't bathe.

W-why?

Best girl coming through.

somebody has the pic where we see Akagi's evolution from his first chapter to the last and then the last one is him dead with flowers everywhere

Guessing you mean this one. RIP

He poisoned his tea!

Him.
/thread

Is LOGH really as well written as people say it is? I always put off watching it because too many episodes.
Watched adaptions of some of the authors other work though, and one thing they all have in common is bad writing.

It's great but like many great shows it goes full retarded at the end.

It's solid all around but not really mindblowing in any way. There's some stupid shit later on as well.

It's good, but it has some pretty awful parts and the characters are only "smart" because of how dumb their enemies are.

Akagi's cool, but Kaiji is the more relatable and realistic character.

yeah thx

I'd say that, counting Ten, Akagi is an overall better character. Kaiji's just like the idiot who keeps getting betrayed and comes up with a tactic

Ten definitely changed my opinion of Akagi greatly.

0.00027%

Do you have the MAL screenshot of that?

I could go for an aneurysm right about now.

The "stupid space disease" was foreshadowed since vermillion.

Yakumo from Rakugo
Johan and Grimmer from Monster
Shinji, Asuka, Rei
Gon, Kirua, Meruem