Why is American tap water undrinkable?

I heard that tap water is bad and unsafe in America so many Americans just buy bottled. Is this true?

patch.com/massachusetts/boston/dozens-ma-towns-have-drinking-water-toxin-made-famous-erin-brokovich-study

Other urls found in this thread:

fox17online.com/2017/12/16/erin-brockovich-makes-appearance-in-comstock-park-to-address-water-contamination/
pbs.org/newshour/show/long-island-residents-worry-their-tap-water-is-unsafe
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3731388/Deadly-toxic-chemicals-drinking-water-6-MILLION-Americans.html
uk.businessinsider.com/unsafe-drinking-water-report-map-2017-5
cochrane.org/CD010856/ORAL_water-fluoridation-prevent-tooth-decay
bestplaces.net
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874882
health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/03/fish-faceoff-wild-salmon-vs-farmed-salmon
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3751288
hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is this true?

No.

American government is a joke, a sad goddamn joke.

It's safer and better than 90% of the world's freshwater supply. Is it perfect? No. Then again, I drink Perrier.

The entire world's water supply is contaminated with microplastics anyway.

The same issue is happening elsewhere too

fox17online.com/2017/12/16/erin-brockovich-makes-appearance-in-comstock-park-to-address-water-contamination/

Wtf?

(((big beverage))). Now be a good goy and enjoy your fluoride and estrogen treatments.

I drink a lot of water because it's of a good quality, but I don't think I would if it was potentially risky, especially over time. Reliance on bottled water, aside from being expensive, would cause many people to become dehydrated more than they should be due to not wanting to waste their reserves.

pbs.org/newshour/show/long-island-residents-worry-their-tap-water-is-unsafe

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3731388/Deadly-toxic-chemicals-drinking-water-6-MILLION-Americans.html

It's actually among the safest in the world. Except for rare cases involving corrupt (democrat) politicians, you can be assured that any tap in the country is safe to drink from.

I don't mean 'unsafe' in the sense that you'd drink a glass and die straight away, but rather unsafe over time. See here

Fluoride is turning the frogs gay.

Only in a few places with collapsed mines and such, and places that were overrun with niggers who can't maintain the infrastructure.

not white enough

false premise, stupid thread
i drink it every day

It depends on where you live. If it's not a nigger infested shithole, it's safe. That doesn't necessarily mean that it tastes good though.
The federal government doesn't control water you fucking retard

Do you not consider local governments as part of the American Government?

>tfw you're in a blue area.

Whelp, looks like it's only alcohol from here on out.

>I drink it errday

:^)

uk.businessinsider.com/unsafe-drinking-water-report-map-2017-5

/*************************************/
/* M E M E F L A G S A R E */
/* S L I D E T H R E A D S */
/*************************************/

Sliding what?

I should have used this as the OP image though

They aren't. Take off the meme flag.

City retards drink flouridated water
Flouridated water!

>2017
>not only drinking rain water / grain alcohol

They are. That's what a federation means you dumbfuck.

Only in nigger run cities

No it doesn't! The local governments are not the state government and the state governments are not the federal government! They are wholly separate entities! The only relationship they have is that state governments must follow federal laws and localities must follow state and federal laws. And the first point was only established after the civil war.

I have a well so no

My tap water is so bad that even after filtering it there is a layer of silt at the bottom of my glass.

Maybe in the rust belt cities where it's 70% dindu nuffins
It's perfectly fine here in the Rocky Mountains

your filter is broken dipshit

Just buy alex jones's water filter, plebians.

look here anons

some faggot that doesnnt live in the US, asking questions about US government that fag doesnt know, and all of a sudden makes a statement as if he knows all about governments.

Faggot

>in or slightly close to a blue area
>moved here six years ago
>about three years ago make a concerted effort to drink more (filtered tap) water
>feel like garbage recently, excessive fatigue and overly sleepy 24/7
uh oh

Nope. Not true.

Absolute truth is op, that america is broken and vulnerable right now. We are split and on edge for civil disruprion. Most infrastructure is failing, water lines being one of them. I live in rural michigan. But big citys like flint and detroit have high levels of lead.

there's fluoride in the water

Add more stages. You can run multiple filters.

I live in the US though
The federal government gives the EPA oversight over all the drinking water in the US.
We have the word "federal" because we live in a federation of states. This is objective fact.

Mine is good and it's that way for most. Bottled water is a sham

Your country spends most of its funds on the military.

Forget clean water, forget universal healthcare, forget infastructure, it's all about waving that freedom cock around.

This also. It depends what kind of government runs jurisdiction. Flints are run by liberal black politicians.

>US is poisoning our water
>Noone is making a big fuss out of it
>Instead people are worried about Niggerball
Adun save me!

Not true

Ya flouride is definetly a ((them)) thing

don't lie, michigan and louisiana both have towns with undrinkable water

reverse osmosis or bust

>being reliant on the water company jew for your water
>not pumping your water from a shallow aquifer

had a buddy of mine tell me it was all republicans back when he was trying to guilt me out of voting for Trump

>t. trendy faggot who just accepts what his betters say
Military spending primarily goes into research and development. Do you enjoy using the internet or listening to the radio? Thank American military spending for that you incipient animal.

>Your country spends most of its funds on the military.
The defense budget is about 15% of the total you fucking retard. Over half of it is spent on medicare and social security alone. But as a matter of fact, defense should be over half the budget, because it's both the only thing the federal government MUST do no matter what and the only thing that arguably it can ONLY do. The federal government is not responsible for laying pipes or making water purification plants or monitoring aquifers. That's state level activity at most, as it should be.

>michigan

I don't know how though, michigan is next to the great lakes.

Source:
cochrane.org/CD010856/ORAL_water-fluoridation-prevent-tooth-decay

you're welcome

Much of NYC's plumbing infrastructure is old as fuck. The pipes are made of 100 year old lead. The air and water is poison and I'm starting to wonder about cell phone towers. Both grandparents in the US got cancer while my other side of the family living in the mountains in Italy never got cancer. Really activates the cashew.

> One of the 5 cleanest water sources has 2 pollutants over the legal limit
Jesus. Sort yourself out.

>1-4 ppb
>EPA standard is 100 ppb
>literally 2 orders of magnitude lower than the maximum safe allowance

if you really want to get your panties in a twist, check out the naturally occurring arsenic levels in the Great Basin.

No that's the worse thing though, it says the pollutants aren't over the 'legal limit' on those but there are many pollutants which there's no law about :(

>next to

its not

the jews

yah it's terrible

bestplaces.net

put your city in, click on "health", you will see for yourself. most tap water is full of pharmaceutical chemicals from cities upstream, farm runoff, industrial chemicals, etc.

it's not just in what you drink. it's what you cook with, brew with, shower and bathe in

contaminants get in your lungs especially when you shower;

>Showering produces respirable droplets that may serve to deposit pollutants such as trihalomethane decontamination products, heavy metals, inorganic salts, microbes, or cyanoacterial toxins within the respiratory tract.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874882

Lead pipe isn't an issue as long as there is a good bit of calcium that forms a layer that stops water from contacting the lead

BONUS: good luck getting something to drink when the power goes out

you and 2 million people surrounded by nothing but toxic water, if water at all

Look again. The last one in the list of "cleanest" has a 2 in red, which as far as I understand means 2 over the legal limit.
The fact that there are other pollutants makes it even worse.
Basically, what that image means to me is that if you don't live in one of those 4 areas in the US, you are drinking poison.

in the meantime, clean water = clear head. you want the real red pill? it's clean water (and clean food). free your mind. you are what you eat (and drink).

wild is best

health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/03/fish-faceoff-wild-salmon-vs-farmed-salmon

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3751288

this

Ever since i've cut down showering to once a week or so I have felt so much better and my skin, hair and sinuses have been better than ever.
The hygiene industry jew is in large part, a scam.

you've activated my trap card
hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

so /r9k is on to something?

I live in Alaska, our tap water tastes better than bottled water.

>I heard that tap water is bad and unsafe in America
It's generally safe in the short term sense, where there aren't usually parasites or poisons in doses that will cause acute effects. But they process back in sewer water, which tends to leave some things. And chemicals added to kill bacteria aren't likely to be good for gut flora, which is super important for long term health. Of course plastic tends to leach toxins, I get some of my drinking water in glass bottles I refill.

ameripoors dont even have water hahah cucks

Oh sorry you're right. But even the cleanest ones have other pollutants tbqh which says a lot. I know someone in America who says they always have to buy bottled because the water is questionable... depressing.

It's not true, I've drank tap water for most of my life and I'm perfectly healthy. Most of what you hear is propaganda put out by (you guessed it) companies who sell water filters and bottled water.

ANother thing to consider is Americas legacy water supply systems are all over 100 years old. Most were made of iron or steel.
And you know what happens to metal when you bury it underground and run water through it.

In the case of Flint Michigan, the women running the government figured they could save a few bucks for their own retirements by blowing off the mandatory water treatments.
These treatments were mandatory because Flints pipes were treated with zinc which untreated water will chemically erode.

>thinks the tap water in America is bad
Try india

You've been listening to too much limey propaganda..

I shower every day but I live in a city with 100 water

>Is this true?
Yes, my grocery store has a purified water dispenser that cost $0.25 for a gallon.

if that's what they're saying about that, then yah.

actually it is the atrazine doing that. Fluoride makes you docile and subservient.

Studies still prove nothing concrete, but there is enough to know that there is more study needed, badly.

>grew up in Pensacola and drank tap water all the time

My tap water is fucking disgusting. I bought a zerowater filter and it comes with a dissolved solid meter. It says good water is between 50-200 ppm. My tap water is maxed at 999 and after running it through a brita water filter it brings it down to about 700.

The ironic part is that we would have a budget surplus if we got rid of the visible minorities.

It was fucking terrible when I was in Florida. I may as well have been drinking pure chloride judging by how awful it tasted.

>I heard that tap water is bad and unsafe in America so many Americans just buy bottled.

Mister Jones, is that you? I listen to your show, Alex...

>buy reverse osmosis
>get several mountain valley glass bottled water every other week
>save and refill

The patrician way

I use a big berky with flouride filter, plus perrier for my drinking water. I plan to get a whole house filter when I buy a house. Flouride is for losers. Fuck the jews.

Should have bought an Alex Jones water filter instead of the Brita goy.

A lot of Japanese people think this too for reasons I don't understand. That being said I don't drink the water in either country, and many Japanese only drink bottled. Buying a large 2L of water in Japan and always having one in the fridge is standard.

surprisingly, tap water where I'm from (NYC) is one of the cleanest in the country, but I still use a Brita and bottled water.

>Paying for bottled water
I'll just put up with the mood swings and gyno fåm

Higher up, but flints run by liberals

You know what they say about never drinking the water in Mexico.
Maybe we shouldn't have let so many Mexicans in.

this, its easy