ITT: Anime that will be considered classics 10 years from now

ITT: Anime that will be considered classics 10 years from now.

Literally already forgotton

Are people still talking about Psycho Pass?

Not that one.
Also nice recommendations thread, but you wont get one from me.

This shit is losing audience retention at an alarming rate there is no fucking way it will be a classic in 10 years if it can't stay relevant now.

super popular, many people's first contact with anime

like it or not it's gonna stick around, I think

>many people's first contact with anime

Literally the Serial Experiments Lain of its time

It's true, though. Same with SAO and One Punch Man.

What 5 year olds?

>Same with SAO and One Punch Man.
They didn't stick with it though. There's no way those people are posting on Sup Forums right now.

Attack on Titan aired almost four years ago, oldfag. It's getting some age on it. There will definitely be a demographic who tout it as a classic. There were 13 and 14 year olds in 2013 who were introduced to anime by it, and in 10 years they'll be nostalgic 27 and 28 year olds.

>the 10s were JoJo

>4 years
>some age
What are you nine? Four years is the blink of an eye.

>in 10 years they'll be nostalgic 27
There's a ton of shit shows I enjoyed when I was a teenager. I'm only really nostalgic about the ones that at the very least weren't bag of horse shit.

>There will definitely be a demographic who tout it as a classic
The demographic of retards whose tastes never grew with age/experience, sure. Naruto is what got me into anime when I was like twelve, but I've got no delusions about that one.

Poku no Bico

Literally the K-On of a generation

>+heavy wastern marketing
>+fuckloads of appeal to girls
>+sup maki
>+popular rhythm/gatcha mobage that's actually possible to play for free
>+lots of decent songs

Sure, but Attack on Titan is a genuinely good story, so it can pass the test of time.

>Attack on Titan is a genuinely good stor
It's a fucking train wreck. I was reading the manga when it first came out because I like the way the author emphasizes movement and I could overlook the poor perspective and other artistic shortcomings.

After a while though the story really shits the bed. I don't even think I can recognize you as a thinking human being if you think there's nothing wrong with it.

Does it? I only watched the first five or six episodes. I liked how suffocatingly bleak and hopeless their world was.

Mob Psycho 100
Re: Zero
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Food Wars
Assassination Classroom
Ping Pong

It becomes a fleshy mecha.

Then you are going to hate how suffocatingly boring and shite the story is going to become once you hit S2, if you were not already put off by BioGundams.

Welcome to the NHK in 2020's is gonna become a classic.

meduca meguca is on track.

The original series anyway. I dunno about the spinnoff stuff.

Naruto

Attack on Titan is the Elfen Lied of the 2010s.

They're both awful shows that became borderline-mainstream by being Babby's First Edgy Anime.

People who liked Elfen Lied back in the mid 2000s are now able to look back at how awful it was. It will be the same way with Attack on Titan fans in 2024.

Yeah, the spin-off mangoes are obscure and Rebellion's Nietzschean motifs scare away normalfags.

god i hope so
araki's been doing jojo since the 80's and i'm happy to see him get worldwide success finally like 30 years in

Not that SnK is good at all, but I think Akame ga Kill is closer to Elfen Lied. Or Brynhildr, obviously, but Brynnhildr's lacking the popularity aspect.

Not this shit

But it's already a 30 year old manga that's still ongoing and is/was pretty popular?

Unrelated

Unrelated

K-On's characterization, art, writing, and direction were all vastly superior. Try again idolfag.

>K-On's characterization
Stopped reading here.

Yeah exactly K-ON is the Evangelion of SOL anime.

This. When the isekai era takes over Ree:Zero will be remembered as a masterpiece among masterpieces.

guess again

Episode 1 was kinda hard to watch deciding whether or not to keep watching, because I don't like leaving a series unfinished

core Sup Forumsnons are like 1% of the western anime community, the only export we deliver to the rest is ironic shitposting

You do realize K-On aired in 2009, right
There's less than a 3 year gap between the two

Name an anime from 2006/2007 that is as wide spread and known today as Akira, GitS or Eva.

You can't.

The only animated thing that could be considered a classic from this year is Your Name.

Gurren Lagann, easily.

Everyone will forget about Your Name as fast as they forgot about everything else Shinkai ever made

code geass

Death Note, you dumb fucking nigger

I keep forgetting this shit all the fucking time.

>Everyone will forget about Your Name
>forgetting the magnum opus of the Japanese entertainment industry
What

Just like the basement in the woods.

You jest, but it is the masterpiece that has not been surprassed in its own genre.
Love Live is painfully mediocre and Nico is the only funny character.

i wonder if it's really worth it to wait for the bdrip of should i just watch it on hdrip?

Overrated garbage? Sounds about right.

This.
This shit has always, and will always be, my fucking jam.

Best JoJo.
Others just can't compete

this show is kinda good, but far away from being a classic

It won't be a very widely watched masterpiece, but it will still get a lot of recognition and praise

being vastly superior to a shitty show still is hardly impressive.

Flip Flappers

rakugo, ping pong, tatami are all good but will never be popular enough to be "classic" unless something drastic happens. just like how there are many classic films but the ones you hear about the most are the popular or super influential.

flip flappers weak ending and average popularity means it will be forgotten in 10 years. but still a good watch

SnK S2 is what will make it a classic

They are the anime that will get stuck to recommendation charts, and will always have a viewerbase in the Sup Forums communities, but will not be mainstream.

Love Live won't last after it ends. It has a bland story, bad characters and shitty animation. It's only popular because it's popular and gets supported by the creators. When it ends, it will fade into obscurity, like Chobits and Ah My Goddess and Weiss Kreuz did. It has nothing that will appeal to people after it ends.

K-On is a genuinely good anime that will be remembered by everyone who understand anime.

Ping pong

Gintama

Hold the fucking boat.

What anime is this?

What anime is this?

Also, if this is another one of those times where someone invokes Lain just to disappoint me, then I may go join the Wired.

nope

>Code Geass R1 and Death Note were over 10 years ago

Seriously, though, what series is this?

And TTGL

jesus christ

Really makes you think

Re:zero

thanks

I still, to this very day, can't see why all you faggot like about this generic self inserted garbage.

This is already a classic, tho.

>generic
>self insert
You're either autistic or you didn't watch the show
Pick your poison

>The evangelion of our time

Only the manga is, and only in the west. It's still crazy popular in Nippon.

The ones that are leaving are buttblasted fujoshits, Erwinfags (the two usually go hand-in-hand), and those who hate Armin (see the first two and a handful of BRAfags)

A lot of people who still follow it are displeased with how soulless the manga has become, though. It's mainly thanks to the author unabashedly declaring that he hates writing it and is clearly trying to rush everything.

Naruto attracts massive number of people into anime. It aired long ago and will never be considered a classic.

tfw Hunter X Hunter will never be finished

it will always be remembered as one of the most western styled and non sexualizing[/spoilers] animes out there

Very few adaptations will ever become classics, especially if they are direct adaptations.

It made a lot of money but that's literally it. For examples outside of anime, see James Cameron's Avatar, Joss Whedon's The Avengers or Jurassic World.

>SAO
>Shingeki no Kyojin
>OPM
>REEEEEEE:Zero

You guys are a cluster of supermassive faggots. All those shits only positive value is how they attracts newfags into anime, expanding the industry. And they're not even the works that actually turned the anime into massive industry it is now. If your definition of classic is old popular works, even 20 years from now they still won't be considered a classic. Kind of like how Game of Throne will never be a classic when Lord of The Rings exists.

>Kind of like how Game of Throne will never be a classic when Lord of The Rings exists.
That's because GoT is a campy and meandering soap opera, both the books and the tv show.

>If your definition of classic
>your
This thread's subject isn't "Anime that you will consider classics 10 years from now"

It's already a classic, the manga at least.

What script or appchanx setting?

And LoTR is not exactly amazing. My point still stand. If one factor of what make a work considered a classic is how they attracts massive number of people into their realm or genre despite not being the best one at critical reception, then being popular is not enough. It should be the one that also have status as some kind of pioneer. All these new post 2010 anime you guys mentioned will never be a classic, aside from being new stuff, they actually shit.

SAO pushed anime out of post 2008 obscurity and caused the current isekai fad.
SNK and OPM will be remembered with it as extremely popular shows that anyone can enjoy.

Oregairu?

Haha

Are you stupid, or something, user?

Is literally the same isekai crap, where some random self inserted numer 543 goes to a fantasy world in which a harem of girls wait for his dick. The self inserted is the same faggot that lack any talent and that have some random power. The twist here is that the self inserted respawn evertime he dies.

Wow! Classic right here. 10/10 guys!

>B..but muh rem? Muh feeling!

Kill yourself, please.