Kazura was selected as the winner on a lottery that he bought on a whim and received 4,000,000,000 (billion) yen...

>Kazura was selected as the winner on a lottery that he bought on a whim and received 4,000,000,000 (billion) yen. To evade the hyenas that smelled the scent of his money, Kazura took refuge on an old residence that had been handed down from generation to generation. When Kazura was investigating the place that would become his shelter, he stumbled on a certain room where it was possible to go into and back from another world. The Culture and Technology level of that world was relatively low. The protagonist sometimes brought goods, sometimes brought technological knowledge. At that world, he would find his true value as a person.

Why aren't works like this or Risou no Himo Seikatsu, that focus on So and character development instead of edgy teenagers and lame action being animated?
I'm pretty sure they'd be more sucessful than the usual battle harem/edgy isekai shit that gets animated every season.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncode.syosetu.com/n9773bj/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>My Rural Life With A Saber Clone: The Novel

Because it is boring shit for bitter old faggots who have zero interest in supporting anything that pander to them in any fashion.

>異世界
Drop faster than a nuclear bomb in Hiroshima 

And yet S&W sold like pancakes and even got a compilatory collector's edition.

You don't support them so they won't get adapted, deal with ti.
Powerlevel wank is more entertaining anyways.

I've seen the first couple of chapters. Pretty comfy story although he just ran into the princess in the latest one and gets apprehended because of a lighter.

>boring shit for bitter old faggots
Not everyone enjoys moe balloon-tits heroines sucking a wimpy teenarer MC, you know.

I just got to the chapter when villagers decide to create their own waterwheel to replace the one Kazura bought to lower the landlord's suspicions.

I like the world building's comfiness and MC's calm personality.

I've only read the spoilers but it sounds like the MC is written as incompetent as possible. to the point where he's putting the entire village in danger because of his passiveness.
sounds way too frustrating to actually read. maybe if he gets his just desserts and watching people die leads to some kind of character growth.

And yet you will never do anything to support any alternative while screaming for others to pander to you.
Pathetic.

>Brings water, food medicine and soap to the village.
>Helps them build an aqueduct and water reservoir so the crops won't wither.
>Keeps a low profile and allows village chief to take credit for his thechnological improvements so landlord won't get suspicious.

He may be passive in the sense he's not actively seeking adventure or fame, he's just trying to improve the village's quality of life.
He's a pretty likeable MC in my opinion.

I also read what of the manga is translated, and he just reminds me of the worst parts of voluntourism. he uses the magic door in his house as a little pet project so he can feel good about himself and doesn't want to think about anything difficult.

also talking about these spoilers

Kazura's naivety's hurting the story later, he doesn't want to help the country preparing for war with two country that wanted to attack Kazura's country. Even though he know very well that if the country is being attacked they will definitely lose and all his precious acquintances will be either dead or enslaved. He's "Nope I will only provide you with food and daily necessities, I won't help with military at all." Because he doesn't want to dirty his own hands by inventing ways to produce war tools, Valletta decided to prepare for the war alone behind the scenes without Kazura knowing.

Later the MC become somewhat pathetically useless compared to Valleta, basically she does all the hard work (designing new tools with the help Kazura's book, negotiate and managing craftsmen, mining steel, smithing weapons etc) while Kazura remains oblivious in his naive world with his beloved compost and windmill. He can't even perceive malicious intent at all that even a potential antagonist almost snatched Valleta from him and he only thinks of "Maybe it's fine to give her to him for the sake of her future... I think he's a nice guy." Not until Valleta cried desperately because she doesn't want to be given to that guy Kazura realized that it's stupid to hand Valleta over to the other guy. Yet later he disclose all important secret plans to this potential antagonist/bertrayer... the raws stuck at this point that even some Japanese reader also fed up with the current Kazura...

>The Culture and Technology level of that world was relatively low. The protagonist sometimes brought goods, sometimes brought technological knowledge. At that world, he would find his true value as a person.

That's not the protagonist's value. That's the value of the door to another planet.

That isn't really any different from a European explorer discovering an island with uncontacted tribes and giving them metal tools.

What a pathetic MC. I won't bother picking this one up now.

>Literally Narnia

I mean sure but why would you fuck up comfy agriworld with modern tech and shit?

>European explorer discovering an island with uncontacted tribes and giving them metal tools

The difference is that nobody finds merit in helping disgusting real world 3D pigs here.

This almost reads like a deconstruction what the fuck

I like the sound of that.

I'd rather read a damn cooking isekai.

Is there any explanation on why he doesn't want to help the country develop weapons/technology or stain his hands?

At the beginning of the story he looked like he authentically cared about the village and wanted to improve their lives. But heck, if he was willing to let Valleta be snatched away and doesn't care that the country's gonna be fucked by war then all his actions are just like feeding a sick stray cat and then walking away.

I'd rather read the pursuit of the forever that man strives for with his entire soul, body and mind.

I've read a few chapters into that, there are better cooking isekai avaliable

MaoYuu sold like garbage, though, men's LNs are too risky

>GATE clone MC without the miracle of the universe that is Rory
It's a shame a mediocre isekai story couldn't get more than copypasta art.

>cooking isekai

Speaking of, any news on the Other World Dining Hall anime?

> muh superior nipponese food!
Seriously, honestly, that cooking isekai lacks alot of context, at least ryouridou bothered to give some idea of mc being transported and a backstory. And it went into details of cooking and some sort of effort into world building. So I might have to disagree.

There's a web novel. He ends up with the nobel girl.

>Not Valleta.
Japan has a talent for screwing up the most basic and simple concepts.

said earlier that I've only read manga and some spoilers. but I'm guessing because he's written as a passivist. As in "you may have all my stuff, but I have the moral high ground".
also he has all the hallmarks of a voluntourist; he helps people so he doesn't feel guilty about winning all that money. there are actually rich white kids who fly to third world countries and dig wells and shit to feel good about themselves but are actually just taking jobs away from people who could have been paid for with their plane tickets. if people actually cared about the causes they donate to they'd donate more than pocket change. remember this guy has like 35 million USD so he's doing stuff like building water wheels just because it feels good; bringing weapons doesn't feel good so he doesn't do it.

so no, I don't think he actually cares, but I'm hoping the author is aware of this and dishes out some kind of ironic justice.

Given what I've heard here about the series, I hope like hell that the author is making a point about the kind of person who acts like that.

>at least ryouridou bothered to give some idea of mc being transported and a backstory
every isekai transportation is basically the same, there isn't really a point anymore. it'd be like explaining what elves and dwarves are in every fantasy novel.

How about a masked wrestler getting transported to another world? Same author as Konosuba.

Oh wow.

Reading the first chapter of the manga I though this was just gonna be comfy, technological advancement SoL.

Guess I was wrong.

This shit is just as edgy

because you need cute girls for slice of life to work

immediately thought of this

>Valleta

Why do Isekai authors love white women so much?

Is there any Isekai where his easily impressed waifu is Japanese like him?

And why, if they always have these foreign women, do Japs draw their men as taller than them? Western women are just as tall if not taller than japanese men lmao

Before I start... Are there levels, skills, and HUDs in this other world?

Typical commoner diet of medieval times was much less nourishing than our modern ones. People were considerably shorter back then and a Jap born in 1990 has a high chance to be of a decent height compared to some chicks from 16th century Europe.

Again, this is a bad approach, you at least need some context. Like for this series When was there a gate, why did they make a restaurant? Who exactly are the main characters? I've read this for awhile but there's almost no context. Ryouridou did this:
> Son of a chef, devoted to cooking as well as his father.
> Supposedly died in a fire and sent to other world.
> There's no sign of magic, but the world is shown to be a tribe of hunters and gatherers.
> Being shown their own customs.
What does the other series have? So far, none of that. Also, at least there is no notable fantasy creatures like elves or dwarves, are there in ryouridou? I rest my case. It gave some decent worldbuilding and elaboration.

Sounds terribly lazy and boring.

What is Japan's obsession with stories of an average guy bringing the light of civilization to the barbarians of the dark ages?

What's not to love

>not-Saber
Why is this allowed.

I don't know.

>Again, this is a bad approach, you at least need some context..
story telling has no such rules, and there was context. but I'm guessing you require the author to provide some specific, predetermined information for you to check off your list or else it triggers your autism

> why did they make a restaurant?
really? you want character motivations off the bat? would it be better starting when the protagonist was born? I mean you realize very few stories start off that way.

Holy shit sounds awful, hope the author is trying to make a point about shitty MCs, but I somehow doubt it.

It's suggested in the webnovel that the the environment is similar to Roman times, in the sense that the tribe he is living are uncivilized savages living in the territory of an actual kingdom.

Hmm, why would Japanese people who are into escapist parallel world fantasies prefer foreign women over Japanese ones? It's a mystery...

As if the author has enough tact for that.

It's SAD

10/10 would watch.

Again, at least give some substance as to why. Introduce your character so you know them. We know little to nothing with the other series' main characters or why they decided to have a restaurant in the other world. Again, I would complain less if they bothered to do so, because without any context, you are left with very little backing or grounds. It's like having a series with a protagonist having revenge but never bothering to tell why within the series and just leaving it off as, "just because..." This is bad. Call it autism, but I call it common sense.

> Some context
When was that? I read the chapters in the manga and pretty much only saw every fantasy character enjoy nippon food. Why did the main characters decide to have a restaurant in the other world or when did some gate open up? Also, very little is peered into the main characters lives. Again, almost no context whatsoever. I will have to disagree.

Does the MC get to fuck the blond barbarian girl?

>some villages were starved for generations in order to flush out heretics/spies/traitors/etc or to more easily convert pagans to Christianity seeing how weakened they were without the growing church

>this means people were dumb and didn't eat for some reason and got short

This meme is getting fucking weak. Skeletons dug up from all ages, Antiquity to High Middle Ages show a remarkably high amount of 6 foot+ Euros walking around.

Some people, thanks to retard comedians, genuinely think that everyone was 4 foot tall in 20, 000 BC and we've been magically growing ever since, then say "something something diet" to cover their 120 IQ image.

Also
>Typical commoner diet of medieval times was much less nourishing than our modern ones
no lol. You're much better off on butter, leafy greens and meat than corn syrup and starches.

Still shy but he put a mark on her.

the fact that you've created your own template for how a story should be told and don't like it when a novel doesn't follow it is pretty fucking autistic. there are in fact story templates and your "common sense" misses the mark.
not to mention you're defending Ryouridou at the same time, a japanese wish fulfillment web novel, written by an amateur on his blog. which is pretty much bottom of the barrel. seriously, read some real books.

That's not his point animegirlswithquestionmarks.png-kun.
There's thousands of Isekai-potential settings. You don't need it to be Jap-lead White-romantic-interest every single time.

It's strangely too consistent.
Swap the cultures, it would cause a national campaign against le fetishization and modern colonialism.

>le fetishization and modern colonialism
Only whites are gullible enough to flagellate themselves over such things. Men in other cultures understand that one of the best ways to demonstrate superiority over other peoples is to take their women.

>more isekai shit

Just from a quick look on the cover it looks like it will have to rely heavily on shippingshit to keep readers around.

The biggest unanswered plothole that the author refuses to answer is that MC used his lottery savings to buy tons of fertilizer at the local Japanese version of Home Depot without raising any red flags from authorities.

Japan watches out for this kind of shit pretty seriously.

This story got really vomit inducing.

Literally McDonalds the story.

Seriously, you can only fanwank MC's burger so long that it gets really annoying to read about.

it's a story about people enjoying food. that's it
it's like your trying to find the romance in a comedy movie. it doesn't have to be there
the context is they're Japanese cooks in a medieval Europe; the author doesn't need to provide information irrelevant to the story he's telling.

also a lot the stories we consume coming out of japan, specifically anime and manga, are serialized. mean the author has to create a story that can accommodates viewers coming in in the middle or the story, without that initial introduction and still have it make sense and be entertaining.

>Swap the cultures, it would cause a national campaign against le fetishization and modern colonialism.

Only in the west, Japanese authors aren't bound by these weird constraints. And for a Japanese author, who is writing an escapist fantasy for the presumed Japanese reader, it makes sense to approach it from a Japanese perspective, as this is their main market. Likewise, due to the escapist nature, it makes sense for them to not set it in Japan, and medieval Europe is quite popular. The exceptions do exist where they might be transported into an alternative version of the Sengoku period and things like that.

On top of that, medieval Europe tends to be the preferred setting for most fantasy and RPG stories, which is an obvious influence on the genre considering how a ton of these stories use EXPLICIT rpg mechanics like "I use my literal experience points to buy sword fighting level 3". And that's not even counting the ones that are at least implicitly inspired by RPGs.

Add to that that the majority of authors are just following the genre conventions instead of trying to make something new, and it's not a surprising pattern.

I hope this is a lie. MC doesn't seem bright but I didn't think he was that stupid.

Actually, why are smart MCs so rare in Japan?

Exotism.
Same reason a lot of white men prefer asian women and that monster girls are a thing.

>why are smart MCs so rare in Japan?
for one, you're selection of media from Japan is mostly limited to cartoons marketed towards kids
and "smart" protagonists are just really hard to write without it just being the MC being fed information from the author.

I mean there's Light from Death note, or Sherlock from the new series. but are those "smart" characters or just edgy autists.

But what about China, or Korea? You know, foreign countries they actually have a long history with.
Why is it always medieval europe?

>mostly limited to cartoons marketed towards kids
No it's not, it's marketed to adult salarymen.

Because Japan hates those cunts.
Europe is a faraway land that Japan has no historical animosity with and most importantly has exotic hair colours.

>the fact that you've created your own template for how a story should be told and don't like it when a novel doesn't follow it is pretty fucking autistic
So what? Your argument is basically, "it's like, your opinion, man!" I know it is my fucking opinion, what you're saying is the equivalent of saying the obvious. Like some random fuck pointing out the obvious.
> Look! There's the sky!
> Look! There's a car!
> Look! A stranger!
See your argument? What I am just asking are simple questions. Is it wrong to have skepticism?
>there are in fact story templates and your "common sense" misses the mark.
Again, is it wrong to be skeptical? I'm skeptical because there's very little reason and context in that other series. Template my ass, I just want some reasons so I can understand like anyone else. But there wasn't.
>web novel, written by an amateur on his blog.
You moron, do you have any fucking idea where izakaya came from? The same place where the amateur you described made ryouridou. ncode.syosetu.com/n9773bj/
YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT.
>seriously, read some real books.
I have read real books, you illiterate goldfish. And all of those stories had some reasons and answered some of the important "why questions".

Why would they want to set their escapist fantasy among nations who are their historical enemies and whom they consider inferior?
On the other hand, Japanese have a lot of respect for traditional European culture to the point of idolizing and trying to copy it.

Because Europe is the best. But it'd be nice if there were more stories set in ancient Mesopotamia. Where are my Ancient Sumerian Isekai's? Red River technically counts but it's one of those annoying shoujo stories.

Red River is great.

For the same reason why they rarely set it in "France" or "Germany", it's just kind of this broad "Medieval Europe-ish" category because they don't want to be too specific. Also, as I said, very few RPGs and fantasy stories which they're usually inspired by are set in China or Korea.

a story set in another world, but with a very slight isekai twist - the MC is a native of another world but has the ability to telepathically contact people from our world. keit-ai if you will, but instead of contacting romantic partners in our world, he gets to contact historical figures, unbound by time

MC starts off as a good for nothing wimpy squire until he begins to turn into a maniacal schizophrenic genius doing a wide array of shit from doing deadlifts to implementing modern irrigation techniques to singing and dancing like an idol to brewing beer to madly spouting "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds!"

how would ideas from this side ruin their world?

he gets hanged for heresy within three chapters, and unsurprisingly nothing changes, because one man can't do much.

This is a fucking stupid rebuttal. It's the same thing with revenge mc without any explanation. Your mind has become turned off by comfy-crap. PAY ATTENTION TO THE GLARING PROBLEMS WITH IZAKAYA.
> WHEN DID A PORTAL OPEN UP?
> HOW DID THE MAIN CHARACTERS GET INVOLVED?
> WHY OF ALL THINGS TO DECIDE TO HAVE A RESTAURANT IN THE OTHER WORLD?
Where are the reasons? I feel like calling you a fucking idiot that lacks the ability to question anything. Little to no context, just turning off your brain despite not understanding any sense of flaws, and you dare to try and say anything is better.

Which timeline is this Saber from?

Can't make our audience feel insecure, can we.

>What is Nobunaga no Cheff

yeah, I'm saying your opinion is dumb. it's like your watching Star Wars for the first time and saying "Who's this obi-wan guy? what's his background? why does Luke want to get off the space farm so bad? why are there humans on a distant galaxy in the past?"

and I was saying ALL web novels are shit, most of which are on the same tier of titles such as "My House Is a Magic Power Spot ~Just by Living There I Become the Strongest in the World~" about a guy who sleeps a lot and fucks his anthropomorphized house

>lacks the ability to question anything
unless you're reading a detective/mystery novel you're really not supposed to question the world the author presents to you. that's just actively trying to sabotage your own suspension of disbelief. and trying to shove your own narrative in is pretty, too lazy to think of a synonym, autistic.

> WHEN DID A PORTAL OPEN UP?
> WHERE DID ALL THESE TALKING ANIMALS COME FROM?
> WHY OF ALL THINGS TO DECIDE TO ENTER A WAR BETWEEN TALKING ANIMALS?

> Saying Star Wars.
You know what? Fuck you, even I fucking know that star wars elaborated that later on.
>and I was saying ALL web novels are shit,
No you fucking didn't. You singled out on ryouridou here . Now you are just backtracking you piece of shit.
>unless you're reading a detective/mystery novel you're really not supposed to question the world the author presents to you. that's just actively trying to sabotage your own suspension of disbelief. and trying to shove your own narrative in is pretty, too lazy to think of a synonym, autistic.
THIS AIN'T EVEN A FUCKING NARRATIVE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. THESE ARE SIMPLE QUESTIONS THAT COULD HAVE EVEN BEEN ANSWERED FROM THE BEGINNING OR NEAR THE BEGINNING. This is how it could have gone:
> The two main characters is the chef as you see, and the waitress. The chef has hired the waitress as she wanted a part time job.
> All of a sudden, their restaurant is transported to isekai (for... reasons, but whatever)! But the back door leads back home.
> But after long time thinking, they decided to keep it a secret back in the old world and open up their restaurant in the new world as a new and exciting experience.
If the scenario or something was explained like that, I would have most of my complaints answered (more or less even though why a restaurant or why is there still a gate). But it didn't bother, we don't get the "who, what, when, where, and why?" questions answered even though there should have been in the BEGINNING OR NEAR THAT. You are full of bullshit.

No wonder I felt there were alot of problems. And quite a few of the deus ex machina made things rather questionable.

>even I fucking know that star wars elaborated that later on.
I'm pretty sure none of it was, but I know none of it mattered to the plot

>You singled out on ryouridou
I clearly set it as a subset of wish fulfillment novels. and I don't need to backtrack to double down on a statement.

>(for... reasons, but whatever)
wait, you're willing to excuse sudden unexplained magical travel but not that a magic door suddenly opens in someone's shop, also unexplained? you just want all your isekai to start from the same place.

you're missing the key term in my last post "Suspension of disbelief" google it or something.

now you're just shitting me. 90% of novels work off the same template. you wouldn't be able to walk past a library without having a spasm

> I'm pretty sure none of it was, but I know none of it mattered to the plot
Did you not watch the prequel parts?
>web novel, written by an amateur on his blog. which is pretty much bottom of the barrel.
Izakaya was written on syosetsu by an amateur, so what? GREAT PRAISE for Nippon glorious food! Which is not very impressive either.
>wait, you're willing to excuse sudden unexplained magical travel but not that a magic door suddenly opens in someone's shop, also unexplained? you just want all your isekai to start from the same place.
Did I not say reasons? This is not even my fucking work and you want me to come up with the whole gate crap even though the author should do so? Even I fucking recognize it but I'm not going to bother because it is just an example as it is not my intention to elaborate but would have done so.
> now you're just shitting me. 90% of novels work off the same template. you wouldn't be able to walk past a library without having a spasm
> Why the fuck did Aslan revive? Because magic! Why are they suddenly young again despite time went by for so long? Why are portals such random occurrences? So many questions!
Narnia had many plot holes/plot convenience that made it feel quite contrived, mind you.
Even I know this is izakaya is not a monomyth but what should have been done was answer some questions about the main characters and their involvement as to how their restaurant and otherworld business came to be. Near the damn beginning at least. But nope. Hasn't bothered to elaborate and should have done so beforehand.

Izakaya is literally within that category. ENJOYING GREAT NIPPON FOOD AND THE STORY IS ALSO WRITTEN BY ANOTHER AMATEUR ON A BLOG WHICH IS WITHIN THE SAME SITE ON SYOSETU.

> elaborated
> mattered to the plot
Even I know Obi-wan was Ben and it was just fake rumors that he died. His background as a jedi master and his apprentice was Dark Vader, Anakin before he went mad. In a sense, it did somewhat matter in a way. At least there was context and elaboration, wasn't there?

well I'm bored with fucking with you.
your problem mostly boils down to not being able to suspend your disbelief. if the information you insist is important was actually necessary then it would stop other people from enjoying the same work, but you'd rather exclude yourself from that.
I'm half convinced your just trolling at this point because I don't want to believe people can be this anal about works of fiction. you're honestly just spitting in your own food if you're actually serious

>Kazura was selected as the winner on a lottery
Already sounds like a self-insert wankfest since nothing is ever earned but handed out.

>received 4,000,000,000 (billion) yen
>it was possible to go into and back from another world
>notSaber became his friend
Okay, more self-insert infinite money wankfest.

>At that world, he would find his true value as a person.
>A passive non-achiever finds his true value as a person.
>passive
>non-achiever
There would only be a true ending if he causes the death of lots of people and there is lots of suffering and bad decision making. All the other aggressive people run over the passive dork.

The MC guy Kazura is naive and stupid and keeps on being that way with his passive liberal NON-achieving idealism. Sure, this story is trying to find a niche audience will all the frustrated passive idealistic non-achievers out there.

The MC does NOT strive with full effort in this story. He's basically just a supplier of a few ideas from a modern world into this isekai world. It is OTHERS who do the work and hustling to make things happen. I suppose this appeals to the non-achieving audience too. All they have to do is envision a great world where they just supply a few ideas like "a water pump is great" and then someone else does the R&D for the idea, someone else does the resources, someone else finally creates it, and someone else utilizes it.

Drop this shit after read the entire raw chapter, he doesn't fuck his girl even once.

You do realize in media res is a thing? The story introduces the primary draw of concept right off the bat (fantasy medieval people being exposed to modern Japanese izakaya food) and fills in the blanks later.

You didn't find out Darth Vader was Anakin until the second fucking movie.