How do you pepople justify having homeless on the street...

How do you pepople justify having homeless on the street? I know a handful of streamers on twitch and other places that can't make ends meet, and all they want is to be in a better place. But no one drops change in their cups. No one donates to their streams. Their lives are worth something but you reject them. Why?

I've been homeless before, and not from my own doing. But why do you pretend they're not there, and step over, and willfully ignore people who are in need of real help when they can't do anything on their own? And yet you'll willfully let rapist immigrants into a country when people are literally dying and starving and cold on the street in america? Explain this!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain_in_the_United_States#Compensation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

homelessness will catch on when cities turn into communes and living on the street becomes acceptable like in india. You do everything on the street. "Going homeless" will be the new going vegan as soon as a bunch of homeless middle class people are able to be homeless in a safe guarded area

Move to literally anywhere else in the country, get a couple minimum wage jobs and a shitty apartment.

Every "homeless" piece of shit is a mentally unstable, drug addicted, failure.

t. seattle user

>homeless
>safe guarded area
pick one

what if homeless people weren't homeless

The homeless that get mad when you give them food instead of cash can fuck off.

This is already a thing in SF

Here in Germany nobody "needs" to be homeless on the street. There are countless shelters and programs for assisted living and everybody is entitled to a small flat (35 square meters for a single adult person) anyways. We still have _some_ homeless guys, the kind which has fallen down the hole so deep that they can't even properly ask for help anymore due to drug addiction or mental illness. And even for those there are programs trying to get them off the streets.

I've been homeless. I open my garage up to them, but the wife and I also CC all the time, and we have dogs that go apeshit if any door in the house opens.

Honestly, me and the wife going homeless was the best thing that ever happened to me.

>Other people are entitled to my money
>I am also somehow entitled to their money, in some sick four year old's ideal society
Please for the love of god stay away from the levers of power. Stay just as you are, and never become competent. Your ideas are a delusion of a moron.

i'm not mentally unstable, i dont do drugs. i am a victim of circumstance. i.e. 'american government' taking my land from me to build a freeway and forcing me into homelessness, and paying me nothing for the 'favor'. so i feel for who are 'homeless' people. it can happen to any of us.

bullshit, when the government takes your land they pay you for it

ah that's right, isn't it. peoples houses turned to ash. i'm not that, but would you treat anyone the same or different? interesting point.

people will million dollar houses that are now burnt match sticks. do you favor them over a person like me who's had his home literally demolished because the state said so?

When I worked as a cart pusher for walmart, my buddies and I would talk to the homeless that lived in the nearby woods

They are seriously fucked up people and I do not recommend interacting with any of them, Anons are right in saying more are mentally unstable of have drug abuse issues.

The vast majority of homeless are homeless because they cannot functionally own a home or hold a job, they need therapy and a padded cell.

>Choosing vidya streamer as career path
>surprised when it doesnt work outt
>caring about parasites

Heh. Been there, done that. Me being 19 or so, coming back from a party with my gf. We walk past a homeless dude with his dog, holding up a cardboard sign saying "pls help, we are hungry". gf decides we gotta help this poor fucker so we buy him a bunch of sandwiches and a can of dog food. He got angry because we didn't give him cash and threw the food away. Should have written "pls give me a beer, I'm thirsty" on his sign instead and I might have bought him one.

>gas all the homeless
>kill all the poor
There! Problem solved.

i will kill you unironically. do you know why? because you are not stronger than me and you are weak and worthless.

do you know what it's like to go hungry? do you know what it's like to have literally nothing? no? then you can go fuck yourself. i will take everything you have from you, including your life.

because you don't deserve it.

>put money in their cup
It's something that has to be dealt with at the federal level. Cities and States try to just bus them around and hide the problem.

no, no they don't. they pay you to "move". they pay the cost of putting your entire life in boxes by a moving company and shipping it somewhere. they DO NOT give you a house. they do not give you JACK SHIT.

People care more about the issues that actually concern them than real problems in the world. That's why you see women whining about sexual harassment instead of famine, poverty, mental illness etc. Sexual harassment is bad and should be stigmatized, but the fact is that if human beings were any, ANY good at ALL, they would start giving a shit about problems of immense magnitudes.

Morality is an evolutionary trait, it exists for our survival. So does empathy. Back in the day, killing your neighbor was pretty much regular and normal. If morality is a product of evolution, and if evolution in itself enforces survival, it then means that all morally good values are inclined to serve survival; selfish acts are then morally good. Selfless acts can be good if their outcome serves one's self-benefit. They can also be bad.

People only help others when they can relate to them. When they can have some empathy for them. Another prime example of how ugly our species is. Take a 40 year old single cancer patient. Put him on GoFundme. Now take a cute little girl, or an amazingly good-looking woman. The latter will get all the funding they need, the ugly 40 year old will get $50 tops in 12 months.

People don't give a fuck. They create excuses like "He's a druggie. He can't be helped. It's his fault. He's bad with money" just because they can't deal with how ugly they are. They can't accept that they're selfish and uncaring towards others, so they make up that bullshit and believe it as if their lives depend on it, because they're so frail, so fragile, so concerned by stupid-ass problems that are nothing, NOTHING compared to famine, abuse, trauma, poverty. People also tend to romanticize their own problems and pretend they have the most terrible forms of hurt and pain while blogging or facebooking or whatever the fuck it is kids do these days. It's laughable.

You can't ever rely on people. The government doesn't care, the people don't care. It's sad, but it's life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain_in_the_United_States#Compensation

Most homeless in the US are collecting SSI checks and getting food stamps. They could get a HUD apt and live on the basics, but they wants drugs and booze. Plus, they are usually mental.

kill the poor?

soon as you need your first oil change, your society collapses because you're too stupid and self important to know what to do when shit needs maintenance. not an argument, fuck you and your meme flag.

Get a job
Manage your money better
Whatever put you on the street, it’s not a justification for the government to take my cash and redistribute it

fought in court for years. they paid me nothing. they have it rigged worse than some stupid whore looking for free alimony. fuck you. you've never been through it.

I don't live in a democrat run city.. so I have actually NEVER seen a homeless person in my entire life.

they paid you nothing because you didn't own shit

most homeless are recycling cans for $0.05 a can on the street to survive. the shelters are worse than jail, it's jail but people have weapons. what the fuck is wrong with you people. you sit in your comfy houses with your big screen tv's and nice warm beds, but people are suffering. your own countrymen. people who have never hurt you, have never done anything to deserve it. and you leave us to die.

look at yourself.

lie. you get paid when forced out.

lucky you then.. you've got a great no way to lose lawsuit then. Congratulations!

Dog eat dog. I've been homeless before, both through my own actions and through happenstance. Mindlessness and materialism are poison to the soul, mind, and body. Those who can't thrive under their own abilities without a support network deserve what they get if they aren't willing to adapt and evolve as a multidimensional being.

Ironically, the highest level of empathy I ever got from fellow humans was when I hit rock bottom and ended up in a rehab facility for alcoholics and other druggies. But this just confirms your statement, people only help each other when they can relate to their problems.

Op is factually incorrect. Sage.

>fought in court for years. they paid me nothing
The only way I could see that happening is if they had set up a light post on your property, or something similar.

and seattle and portland. homeless millennials living as permanent campers

Most of the homeless are there because of drugs. It's not great, but it's a fact.

> I know a handful of streamers on twitch and other places that can't make ends meet
They should get real careers then.

How do you tell between genuine homeless and fakers?
There is a guy in this town always begging with his homeless sign, he looks fake. But idk?

Mass shelters are a problem indeed, and I've talked to a few homeless who prefer to sleep on the streets or in a park as long as the weather allows it to getting mugged in a shelter. Gladly the situation is not that bad in Germany, if you're mentally stable enough to sit through some meetings and paperwork you'll get a flat and a custodian who looks after you.

Fakers are good at what they do so the only real way to tell if they're panhandling as a profession is to scout them out or catch them when they do something out of the norm.

Also, genuinely homeless people are usually the ones who are visibly schizophrenic or so unkempt there is no way they can be anything other than homeless.

If you are legitimately homeless in California (and I'm pretty sure every state actually), you can go to the general relief office and let them know you are in an emergency and need shelter, food, and water. I believe you're put into a hotel, given foodstamps, and possibly some spending money.
I have no pity for the negligently homeless. Streamers who are incompetent at streaming need to get another job/means of providing for themselves. They too, through their own ineptitude have found themselves in a place made all their own through their actions (or lack thereof).

I have been poor. I am no longer poor. I have a wife, a kickass securities and real estate portfolio and set up my revocable living trust for my probate assets. I am setting up generational wealth with help from no one. I have a wife and soon children. I am self made, and I can tell you from personal experience that quitters, whiners, and losers like you will only end up with quitters, whiners, and losers giving you more than pity, and they like you cannot even help themselves.
So fuck off.

>not having automation taking care of minor things like maintenance
Looks like you've got brain problems!

Seattle here. Homelessness is not like an unfortunate circumstance here. It is a way of life. People make large compounds of tents in parking lots and medians. Most of them are fucked up on drugs. They'll be very nice to you if you donate cash. Literally act like the street belongs to them because they live there. Had bums get offended that I didn't give them charity. The city tries to make it as easy as possible to be homeless here and then acts surprised when homelessness skyrockets.

TL;DR: homeless is not that simple.

Buy him a few beers and he'll tell you his life story.

This is such obvious bait. I’m so sleepy reading this.
We should all have a group nap. I’m tired Sup Forums aren’t you?

>Also, genuinely homeless people are usually the ones who are visibly schizophrenic or so unkempt there is no way they can be anything other than homeless.

That discounts this guy then, makes me sure hes a faker.

I'd like them off the streets too, though I think I might have something a little different in mind to you, OP.

It would sound better if it was just 'hippity hoppity get off my property'.

For a while I've made it a hobby to observe a bunch of notorious beggars in our city. Became "friends" with some of them. Not a single one of them was actually homeless despite claiming this on their signs. The only guy who came close lived illegally in a small shack in the woods, but technically he had a home.

That's because they paid your landlord for the property he owned. All you tenants had to go find another apartment, why did you fail to do that? What freeway did they build thatpaved over your old apartment complex?