Mai-Otome

>pedophilic romance
Why? Fucking why?

Not too long ago I watched Mai-HiME. Wasted potential the anime. It was ruined by a retarded love quadrangle and garbage ending. But an user told me that Otome is better.

So I started watching Otome. And indeed, it started much better. Not only does it have a nice fantasy world setting but it didn't suffer from the huge issues HiME did. The only downside was the fanservice and yuri pandering but that does not bother me much.

However, they decide to ruin everything! Suddenly romance with its shitty drama pops up everywhere even though the Otome are supposed to be pure and live in eternal abstinence for some silly reason. And now the two protagonist girls, both at the beginning 14 years old, fall in love with one of the girls' adoptive father, a guy who resembles the dumbshit that ruined HiME with his central role in romance drama.

Why do they do this? Not just ruin a great beginning with shitty romance but also nonsensical pedophilia? Why could they not use this great potential to make a serious anime without shitting it up like this?

Don't get me wrong. Romance, even pedophilic romance, can be good if done right. See Glass Mask. This however is just a big steaming pile of shit at the center of an otherwise great anime.

HiME>Otome

You've been had.

I think HiME ended satisfactorally. Not amazingly, but just fine.

>Mai-HiME. Wasted potential the anime.
that's where you are wrong

The most forced happy ending I've ever seen. Yaay, everyone suddenly alive again, boyfriend who has always been completely useless comes to the rescue, magic of love prevails! And suddenly everyone is happy and nice to each other.

So you believe HiME does not have any potential?

>those lips

I want Akane to suck my dick

Her lips are already taken. She threw her entire life, future and dream in the garbage and everyone applauded.

>So you believe HiME does not have any potential?

HiME had potential after the ending user.

Yeah except that said "potential" comes at the cost of making the entire anime shit.

and still Otome is shit

Yeah unfortunately. A huge shame because it started out great.

Why is Otome Akane beautiful than her HiME counterpart

>garbage ending
hah

>HiME started bad became one of the most controversial endings
>Otome started well but went off the fucking radar

Otome was a mistake

The entire Mai series was a mistake. It is frustrating to watch because it could be good but is shit.

Sir Gay Wang can't help the fact that he's 100% pure MAN and some teenage slut was desperate as fuck to take him to da farm and PLOW THOSE FERTILE FIELDS with him.

And Anty-chan didn't want his dick. I think she thought he was her dad or something, but I can't really remember right.

If Sunrise brings back the Mai-franchise they will make a sequel to the Hime/Otome connection. But that will keep killing the dead horse already.

New Mai-series when ?

when they bring back code geass.

kallen and CC wearing a pair of fake glasses with nose and moustache will be in charge of an academy that trains lesbian knightmare pilots. And then that silly bitch Mai wandered into a forest and got SO LOST she managed to break the dimensional boundaries of Akasha.

>when they bring back code geass.
well it's a start

ShizNat spinoff series will happen this year

screencap this

Mai-Hime was flawed, Otomo was just bad.

>The entire Mai series was a mistake.
The characters saved the franchise.

The characters are the only good thing about the franchise. That's why the franchise is so frustrating to watch. Because the characters go to waste.

It's magic. Ya ain't gotta explain shit.

You can blame Yoshino shitty writing but the guy has some good creativity. I don't know why this continues to have work only to screw up wasted potential franchises in the end.

I hope he doesn't get the reigns for the next Mai-series or reboot movie.

>reboot movie
WHAAT? The ending is good why do this.

Nagi is the worse villain of all anime

He's a cancerous little shit who lacks someone to beat the cunt out of him.

>Nagiposter

Your existence is shit

>Reminder Otome got a sequel and a prequel while HiME has not

Himefags BTFO!!!!

I agree, the ending was forced.

For some people, that's enough to ruin an entire series. For me, I look at it as a whole. We had 3 sucky first episodes, 10 good episodes (first cour), 12 great episodes (second cour) and a majorly forced ending that was okay as a standalone but completely clashes with the rest of the series.

I didn't mind it because a) it was overall a great anime b) I've watched plenty of anime where the ending clashes with the rest of the series, there are plenty of comedies where the last 2 episodes are suddenly all dramatic c) It was pretty obvious the ending was somehow going to be a happy one or a total downer. It's not like the viewer didn't see it coming.

i suggest watching sifr.

Maybe you misunderstood me. What bothered me the most was the shitty romance drama and terrible main plot. The ending of both halves make everything that happened before irrelevant. They are bad but they did not ruin the series for me.

This.

Mai Otome threads were more fun, though.

Do you still worship the queen of Sup Forums

Postin best girl

>both at the beginning 14 years old
>pedophilic
You don't know what that word means.

good taste

not my favorite but up there

>arguing about semantics
you get the point pedofag

>calling someone a pedo
>posting Nao who's 14 year old

Surprise, Surprise

Wow, now you're calling me names? Rude.

>posting screenshots of anime without any sexual context is the same as having a relationship with a 14 year old
weak bait

I am sorry. I will be nice now!

>Mai Hime movie never

Why Sunrise why you torment us?

>I am sorry. I will be nice now!
No you are not sorry

Nao's a middle schooler she's really pedo material.

Watch out user

I'm surprised you bothered to watch the whole thing then. 2 cours is a lot of investment. I can understand finishing the first cour if you've got friends who keep telling you the second cour's great, buf if you're not enjoying it 3, maybe 4 episodes tops, after the karaoke episode, it was really time to drop the series. It wasn't going to do much for ya.

Me, I thought the first cour was okay, nothing great. I liked the mid-series finale because it treated all the girls like mechs and I thoroughly enjoyed the second cour enough to forgive the ending.

Mai Otome was crap on the level of Gundam Build Fighters Try and Baka Test s2. All these sequels pretty much killed the franchise for me.

She's got a good eye for the situation.

She can see the world around her

>Nao will never step on your dick

Which Hime would you want to fuck Sup Forums?

Nagi-kun is best boy

Nagi pls leave

>people unironically believe that HIME was better than OTOME
Shit taste all around
making the shitty black haired girl a cat made her go from shit to best girl

>Which Hime would you want to fuck Sup Forums?

The nun

>why?
Why not?

Midori

All of them.

This.

New anime when?

This. The only good characters in HiMe were Mikoto (before getting ruined by the shitty drama), Natsuki and Shizuru. The action was shit, the Battle Royal felt forced, and the characters went from passable to absolute garbage (especially Mai, her love interest and that stupid little sister).

Mai Otome had a much better MC, much more interesting universe and the fight/action scenes where infinitely better, wich was pretty easy considering that most fights in Mai HiMe were big monsters throwing stock footage at each other. I'll take Otome over HiMe any day.
It's still a shame that Otome did turn out to be pretty mediocre in the end. Looking at the OVA's and earlier parts, it's really obvious that this franchise is at it's best when it's not dealing with shitty romance and drama and instead focus on adventures and interactions between the Otome.