Let's settle this once and for all

Which is better, FSN or Zero, and why is it Zero?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5tN_XBJxlXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/thread

nice bait faggot, I'll bite

>Fate zero
>last battle is just two masters manly brawling
pic related

Also, anyone that thinks Fate/zero was better than the original VN is either a secondary or just a stupid edgy chuuni faggot.

PROVE
ME
WRONG

oh.... right
you cant

>ufotable will never do cooking scenes with Sakura and Illya
>zero is to blame
Life isn't worth living anymore.

FSN is for otaku. Zero is normie-accessible. I like Zero better but FSN is stupid fun.

Grand Order

All Fateshit is equally garbage.

SABER

>*SEIBA

>read FSN not long after translation, no voice patch yet
>think it's mostly bland with a few highlights, much like Porkslope
>watch Zero
>one of my favorite shows that year

Zero is overrated garbage.

>mfw still waiting for HA voice patch

I don't know

Don't ask hard questions

HF>UBW>0>>>>Fate

Do you like banevading because you constantly repost and reposting is a bannable offense.

zero was perfection until they added this

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The recent UBW is the best of the lot.
Everything else is kinda trash.

even if you are trolling i still agree with everything on that list

Shirou.

Zero has this badass, your move.

"He wished for the happiness of everyone, for his sake i'll kill all of you"

What's wrong with the plane? There's no reason that Gil shouldn't have it. The only thing wrong with the dogfight sequence was that Gil somehow lost the plane, actually. Vimana moves at the speed of thought; Gil can't both be surprised by Berserker's attack and fail to dodge it at the same time.

Zero appeals more to a younger demographic thanks to it's dark and gritty atmosphere and the simple, easy to understand introduction of some adult themes in the narrative.

Stay Night appeals to a more mature audience for it's deconstruction of the common battle shounen tropes that people who have been in touch with anime for several years are familiar with.

>Vimana moves at the speed of thought

Thats why he couldnt dodge. No one was thinking when they added that scene. Get your faggy airplane out of my sword fighting anime

My wife is the cutest

FGO is the best though

f/z because it's mature with adults, for adults.

>Liking Shounenshit
Fuck off Narutard

Zero is anime kino

>your wife
You mean MY wife

The Fat Controller laughed. You are in the wrong franchise.

No part of Fate is a "sword fighting anime".

Nigger I will fight you

Then what is this?

Bring it on

Just look at how cute she is

Meh I have to agree here, the airplane thing is lame as fuck.

At least with riders I understand them having chariots or magical beasts but Vimana is so bad.

It's basically what started the whole retarded Fate stuff we have now in FGO and Extella with ayy lmaos and whatnot. It takes away the mystical aspect from the series and just turns it into generic powerlevel otaku series.

A largely irrelevant fight between an improper servant and an improperly-summoned servant

I know user

Vimana belongs to Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is the character who possesses the most extreme extravagance in the entire franchise. It would be more bizarre if he did not have it.

And hating something because of what it may or may not cause or have caused in other medias is incorrect.

One is shounen, the other is seinen. Watch out for the VNfags though, they are very defensive and very delusional.

>it's a "dipshit redditor thinks that manga demographics are genres and apply to everything" episode

For all the shitposting, FSN actually managed the philosophical themes and the development of its character better while being as bloody but emphasising less in it.
To me it seems Fate Zero just has a better cover.

They rushed through casters death to bring us a sumerian prince flying a hindu ufo versus a knight on a fighter death from absolutely nowhere. it could've been a lot more poetic and interesting, but instead we got some fucking aerial combat that amounted to nothing

>n-nuh uh target demographics don't apply to my VN!

Retard. The VN is blatantly aimed at (early-ish) teenagers, the themes and style are blatantly targeting that demographic, from the clear-cut "hero vs villains" to the "hero gets stronger by the power of *some emotion* and defeats the undefeatable villain". Adding shitty sex scenes doesn't change the themes.

Ironically, the shounen has more mature characters than the seinen in this case.

I know Sup Forums loves the hating Zero meme because normies liked it, but I liked it a lot as well

>They rushed through casters death to bring us a sumerian prince flying a hindu ufo versus a knight on a fighter death from absolutely nowhere
so you haven't read the FSN VN or the 0 LN

Reminder that Hollow Ataraxia is the best entry in the franchise

Anime never

Don't forget how Zero at least tried to have decent philosophical questions while Stay night dropped that super quick.

>"I come from the future, your actions will lead you to ruin, stop that"
>"NUH UH MUH FRIENDS MUH HERO MUH KINDERGARTEN MORALITY MOFUGGA"
>repeat 20 times
>"Ok I accept that you are right. Even though I have literally seen the future consequences of your actions, your obstinate clinging to the views of a 5 year old have changed my mind."

Just going by the already created anime. Zero shits all over the other Fate material. At this point I'm pretty sure that it was the exception to the rule of the series not being all that good.

s'why mind of steel is the only true ending

Relevant

Its not that Sup Forums hate Zero because normies liked it, but rather Zero brought in a lot of "muh edgy mature" Sup Forumsedditors and we end up with threads like this every other day. There's nothing wrong with liking Zero, its a good conclusion to the franchise. The UBW anime made it worse, because it brought in shitty posts like

And do you think zero is intended for mature audiences?
Because it is not, zero is intended for those early-ish teenagers you who already finished FSN

There's Strange fake, that's made by the same guy who made Baccano, which seems to be shaping up to be really good. As far as Nasu's stuff goes, it's pretty shit, he should just give the general outline and let other writers handle it.

>pic
>the characters have flaws that correspond to their upbringing and aren't as rational and impartial as me sitting in my chair, therefore they are bad

VNfags are so delusional they can't even tell what makes something aimed at different audiences.

Take the VN, make the female characters male. Would it still be as popular?

Take Zero, make the female characters male. Would it still be as popular?

Answers:
VN: No.
Zero: Yes

Pretty handy way of telling if something is actually good or not.

He's clearly an ideas person and is better at coming up with concepts than he is at making a story work. If anything Zero was held back by being a direct prequel to F/SN.

I did play one route of Tsukihime once and it did come off as decent. At least I liked it a good deal more than the KnK anime aside from episode 5 which was mostly due to the action.

>MUH FRIENDS
Never even mentioned.

>hurr hurr muh demographics

Its a sequel secondary-kun. Zero is a tragedy because once you've read Stay Night you saw the irony in the characters' actions when compared to what happened in the 5th war.

Fate/Prototype is the only good thing to come out of this series.

>expecting an omnipotent wish granting device to solve your problems is "childish"

Kerry didn't know any better.

>characters
>plural
Arturia is the only case to which this applies, unless you're misunderstanding the word 'irony'

I enjoy Zero, but what you've said is patently untrue

He was given some magic training, the number 1 rule taught is equivalent exchange (even Shirou know this, and Kerry was his only teacher). There ARE no such thing as omnipotent wish granting device by default because of that

Kiritsugu as well. Take the scene under the church (Fate route's climax). When faced with being given the grail directly from Kirei, Shirou rejected it even without knowing it was corrupted. Kiritsugu on the other hand chased after a so called wish granting device. There are similar parallel in Heaven's Feel as well.

Take Zero, make the male characters female, would it still be popular?

No, it wouldn't

Popular doesn't mean good user, that's a fallacy.

>When faced with being given the grail directly from Kirei, Shirou rejected it even without knowing it was corrupted
As I recall, it wasn't that he rejected the grail as "the grail" but as the fulfillment of what Kirei essentially demanded was his wish. If everybody around him had magically died at that time and the grail appeared, I'm sure he would have been able to come up with something.

But I get your point about Kiritsugu.

That scene broke me and my brothers in half, so much so that I had to read up the wikia and spoil myself on Last Episode before reading it.

You got me. But just because its covered properly in one medium doesn't exempt it from being poorly executed in another

My point wasn't about poor execution. It's that, in the first route of the VN, Caster shows up after being ominously teased for most of the game, threatens Shirou and Saber, and is then almost instantly killed by Gil having done nothing.

That, and the fact that the dogfight is like 5 pages total in the LN.

delet this

you can't /thread your own post, faggot.

Having said that, I'll do it for you.
/thread

One is a LN/anime, the other is a VN.
Apples & oranges.

Not a typemoonfag but iirc the grail did have the power of wish granting when it has not been contaminated yet.

>Shirou rejected it even without knowing it was corrupted. Kiritsugu on the other hand chased after a so called wish granting device.
And? Are you suggesting Shirou is a better character than Kiritsugu? This is a bait, right?

>caster takes the spotlight in UBW
>gets absolutely fucking destroyed and shat on in the other two routes

what did they mean by this

>Are you suggesting Shirou is a better character than Kiritsugu?
If he was, I didn't notice it myself. I'd have dismissed it outright if I had seen that that was his point.

It's easy.

Zero is much better as an anime.

Stay Night is much better as a visual novel.

No. The power of "wish granting" is a sorcery trait of the Einzbern, the ability to skip the process and get to the result. The grail for all intent and purposes is a giant, effectively limitless source of energy. The corruption points things toward violence, with an uncorrupted grail all you have is the power to achieve something, you still need the method.

>Shirou vs Kiritsugu

The point is that the parallel, thus irony is drawn between the two character's decision and decision making process. Not that who was the better character. A similar comparison is made with Rin in regard to Heaven's Feel. She couldn't kill her sister, compared to Tokiomi giving away his daughter because he couldn't keep it in his pants (EXTRA Rin is SN Rin's niece, her mother is Tokiomi's lovechild with an european woman after he got married to Aoi)

>if caster wasn't with kuzuki we would've gotten a caster H scene in hollow ataraxia

God dammit, stop making me sad

>she'll never step on you and call you "boya"

Zero is something I could show to my friends.
FSN isn't.

Then get better friends that won't judge you for your interest you imbecile

If she was given a route, she probably would of turned into a little girl.
Japan has shit taste that way

I like Medea Lily too, but come on, ara ara MILF Medea is obviously the best version of her

What the fuck Japan

And she's adorable when she's flustered, too

No you faggot, Zero is just more easy to understand.

what did he mean by this?

People still fall for this thread?
You don't even have to have lurked for long to know this is bait.

Read the VN if you don't understand why Shirou did what he did. The anime did a poor job conveying it.

How do I marry her?

>pholosophical

Why not just enjoy both?

FZ is much easier to get into for normalfags and casual anime fans, while FSN is not. It's literally inspired by the Nolan Batman trilogy.
Doesn't make one inherently better than the other, it's just the truth.

>Zero appeals more to a younger demographic thanks to it's dark and gritty atmosphere

This is what every teenager says these days. That watching lighthearted content makes them more mature.

>It's literally inspired by the Nolan Batman trilogy.
Fate/Zero LN:
Original run
December 29, 2006 – December 29, 2007

Only Batman Begins was out at the time, and Fate Zero's story had been completed in 2005, anyway.

He's probably referring to the batcave from the anime.

The anime, baka. Pretty sure the director explicitely stated the inspiration, and it's pretty obvious from the direction and the final fight anyway.

Ah. Fair enough. But that doesn't mean that anything else in the anime was like that; it's just one scene.

What did Fate/Zero mean by this?

I'd play the VN if I could ever get it to run correctly on my PC
I honestly don't like the VN format but hopefully FSN is worth it and I haven't gotten meme'd on

Vimana was fine, Ufotable just shit the bed with their horribly mediocre OST for the series.

youtu.be/5tN_XBJxlXY

Zero.

did you change system locale to japan?