Itadakimasu

>Itadakimasu
Yeah,great subs.

Is this Commie?

Rub a dub dub thanks for the grub!

CR. They charge money for these.

Memes are becoming reality. Run while you still can.

One day someone is going to translate "Itadakimasu" into "Bismillah" for shits and giggles

I would laugh so hard.

Sounds like a perfectly legitimate reason to demand a refund. People are paying for translations and getting deliberate trollsubs.

Unfortunately, most of those "people" are such fucking idiots that I bet a lot of them don't even know what いただきます means to begin with, thus allowing CR to continue robbing them of their money. It's not like CR has to worry about people going back to fansubs since they've successfully killed most of those off.

This is what happens when you let people sub stuff that they don't give a shit about.

ITT xythar samefagging and then posting screenshots on twitter to boost his feminazi ego

Sup CR translator.

>defending shit subs

Off yourself, cocksucker.

>Unfortunately, most of those "people" are such fucking idiots that I bet a lot of them don't even know what いただきます means

there's weeb and then there's this

this pissed me off so much, there are a few other errors in this episode too

I tried downloading the BakedFish release instead but they were using the same subs as the crunchyroll release??

wtf

also go fuck yourself

Itadakimasu has always been tough for people to translate, even though everyone knows what it means. The worst translation I've seen of that line is either 'rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub' or 'bon appetit', which is dumb because they're translating one foreign language into another foreign language.

Fuck off Daiz

fuck off daiz

Fuck off, Daiz.

Who the hell is Daiz?

You idiot, she's a demon so its obviously
>Rub a dub dub thanks for the hella good grub

>Who the hell is Daiz?

Is this your first week here or did you have all tripfags filtered for years?

>tough for people to translate

Thanks for the food or Dig in.

I prefer either 'Thanks for the food' or "Lets eat" is fine.

I don't really care for tripfag drama, I only posted because I wanted to make that joke.

>Thanks for the food

This is what's usually used, but it's technically not a 'correct' translation either, that's what he meant.

Well lets eat/dig in are basically synonymous with each other, just depends on the area.

I prefer NOTHING. Because that's what the vast majority of native English speakers say before eating. Just quit subbing it at all.

People who care about what it means already know and people who don't know yet can look it up and discover for themselves that there's no good translation.

What the FUCK is throwing a homer?

Probably because its often used in relation to meals/food.

Using it other more archaic ways would probably translate to something akin to a brief prayer/grace. Something like "I humbly accept" or something, considering its roots in Buddhism and such.

"Dig in" is bad, because they actually do say something more akin to "dig in" in 召し上がれ

Turn off the subs you casual.

If you're talking about baseballl, its throwing a home run

At that point I just turned the subs off.

>not Rub-a-dub-dub thanks for the grub

>You idiot, she's a demon
This is why the "translation" fucked up more than usual this week. Because it goes against the entire point of the episode. She's a demon that doesn't act like a demon. So ad-libbing stupid shit like praying to Satan ruins the fucking joke. That's what memeshitters don't get. It's not about being weeb or "muh literal translations". It's about some Americuck rewriting the script and rewriting it """"""badly"""""".

Bakedfish is a hardsub reencode group, you dumb shit

The two itadakimasu aside, the first half of the episode wasn't... -that- bad.

Then the second half happened and the whole thing went to shit.

I am I the only one not triggered by this? I thought that it was hilarious.

>inb4 cr uses this as well

"Throw a homer" is probably the worst translation of the episode though and it was in the first half. It's not only needlessly reworded, it also makes absolutely no sense.

IIRC it was used in either Seiren/Masamune/KNH

Use the superior release

Just thinking about how much this will trigger some people made me laugh out loud.
Also the fact it was pretty much the first translated line of dialogue in the episode.

Enjoying both subs and the show.

Yeah, and I forgot about Hell's bells, too. Fuck it, the whole thing was shit as usual.

How is FFF's release?

Well that's the spirit I suppose!

Exactly the same as Crunchy's.

same subs as crunchyroll

They use the CR script, so it is garbage

Fuck off back to your IRC channel Daiz

FFF just use Crunchy but apply fancy typesetting.

>Just thinking about how a plate of shit will trigger some people made me laugh out loud. Enjoying both the meal and the service.

Yeah, I'm switching to this.

By the way, Daiz should seriously kill himself.

>Thanks for the food
What is this, I want memes.

Yeah 100% this. I don't mind liberal translations but they should be transparent. The last thing I want is some unfunny minimum wage translator cunt putting his own cringeworthy jokes in.

When, and why, did fansubbing die?

Crunchyroll, though the cartel and general internet drama helped fansubbing along its way.

Who will make fansubbing great again?

>Well that's the spirit I suppose!
you mean
>Well that's the Holy Spirit I suppose!

Daiz will, whenever he gets around to killing himself.

>Who will make fansubbing hella great again?
ftfy

Does this have better subs for all the other episodes too?
Stopped watching because of the shit subs.

I thought it was hilarious had bad their subs have gotten as well.

Sadly they only have releases for 6 and 7 right now.

What if you translate it as "Bon apetit" wouldn't be the same?

You mean pitchers can throw home-runs themselves?

So you're stuck with shitty releases for previous episodes?

Fug, hope they go back and sub the earlier episodes.
Thanks user.

Yes. I imagine that by the time the blu-rays are out someone will fix up the earlier episodes, but currently you will have to deal with the hella great subs.

Does leaving the tip out on a regular ballpoint pen actually cause that to happen? It is usually exposed to the air anyways after all.

Crunchy is so shit, I don't see how it could even contribute to the decline of fansubbing.

It may be shit but it also usually releases the same day as the episode airs.

Because it is faster than fansub groups so everyone downloads the Horriblesubs releases first

FUCK OFF DAIZ

Wow, holy, shit. This is literally Hitler what's going on here.

Heaven forbid you download the episode, demux the subs, spend 5 minutes de-meming and touching up the parts you don't like and reuploading you "better" sub to Nyaa as [AutisticscreechingSubs] Gabriel DropOut - 07 [56FUCKYOU87].

It's far more productive a use of your time to site here, every fucking week, and bitch and moan about a few cherry picked lines of dialogue in the episode. One would have thought if you gave that much of a shit about it, you would have dropped it already.

Quit being so damn autistic.

Go to be Daiz

Quit being so damn autistic.

Holy fuck, you're still mad about getting blown the fuck out last week. Get hella over it, Daiz. Faith moves Mt. Vigne after all.

Pokemon Sun and Moon did this. I got triggered for a moment, but then I realized it actually wasn't that bad.

Daiz, put your trip back on, please.

Oh god.

>people pay for this

But seriously, how can you end up translating itadakimasu like that? There was no joke to be translated.

I understand bad translations when it comes play on words since those simply wont work but how can you end up with.. that?

>The worst translation I've seen of that line is either
I was about to say actually the worse translation you've seen is OP, but then I realized it doesn't even qualify as a translation at all.

haha, look at this faggot

Bon apetit is a perfectly acceptable translation since it will appear in almost any English language dictionary.

Thanks CR.

>we did it
Oh sweet irony

These translations are meme'd the hell up, of course the cartel will defend this with their life.

i dont give a fuck about the subs cause mostly whenever theres a retarded localized pun i know what they are saying anyway

but i get a kick out of coming here and seeing the cartel damage control, i hope it never stops. i mean theres really no excuse for writing in lines that change the meaning of what they are saying and yet it keeps happening.

>Quit being so damn autistic.

Fansubbing was never great. It's just your nostalgia. Even the old groups like eclipse that were considered 'better' were mediocre at best.

Actual competent translators don't waste time working on chinese cartoons for free/ shit tier pay.

You probably spent more time posting that drivel than a random user did with their one line of rant. Hypocrite.

BUT THEY DON'T CHANGE THE MEANING

THEY ARE PERFECTLY FINE DYNAMIC EQUIVALENCES

t. Daiz

Because as has been said many times before, translating anime is a bottom rung job. Did you expect other people on other shit tier jobs do their work seriously without fucking around? Barely anyone gives a shit, so why bother.

It's not. People say bon apetit ironically for poor meals or unironically for foreign, fancy dishes in English speaking countries. No one says it to themselves or to their families before a normal meal. The purpose of Itadakimasu is entirely different. Let's eat is the best possible translation.

Competent translators definitely aren't working with CR so instead of different mediocre translators working on shows, we get instant shit that is copy pasted across all groups.

>2006
>Not filtering the tripfags

Have they considered that they're stuck translating anime because they approach their work that way? Why the fuck would anyone ever hire one of these faggots?