Most old anime is overrated crap worshiped by nostalgia-glasses wearing manchilds

Most old anime is overrated crap worshiped by nostalgia-glasses wearing manchilds.

Yes, and?

K-ON is objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It is the most sophisticated anime ever created; a tour de force, the pièce de résistance of animation! LoGH is little more than plebeian dreck in comparison, its creators wishing they could have produced an anime with even an inkling of the genius contained within Our Holy K-ON. From the profound debates about eating cake, to the highly philosophical discussions about procrastination, to the marvelous musicianship exhibited by the Light Music Club, K-ON has established itself as the greatest intellectual anime. You cannot disagree unless you are a terrible person. Seriously. It's an infallible law of the universe. K-ON is a masterpiece, and we all know that K-ON has the superior tea scenes.

"A phenomenal chef-d'oeuvre. My fifteen years of work on Evangelion now feel trivial by comparison." — Anno Hideaki, esteemed anime director

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to make America great again. I am now a better man." — Donald J. Trump, 45th president of the United States

"I am an uncultured lowborn with pedestrian tastes in anime." — Anonymous plebeian, speaking in reflection of his love for LoGH

I'm only going to watch the 2017 version of LOGH and pray that it's identical to the original.

They look like shit too.

I watched LoGH last summer and it deserves all the praise it gets. It's not without many flaws but still better than 99% of anime

It's ok to like Kyoani, user, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm going to avoid the 2017 version because I'm convinced it won't live up to the original.

And most new anime is either overrated action/gore/harem LN crap worshiped by teenage millennials or overrated saccharine SOL crap worshiped by overweight neckbeards. Not much has changed really.

Instead of acting behind the Kaiser's back, why didn't Oberstein just explain to the Kaiser that it's wrong for him to use his soldiers as cannon fodder and waste their lives in pointless battles?

Did you watch it?

Yeah. I shouldn't check out Urusei Yatsura because Mamoru Oshii made a name for himself on the show and then went on to direct the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie. It's old, therefor garbage.

I'm not the kind of person who only likes old stuff and hates new stuff, but that's bullshit. There was a greater percentage of good anime in the past, although I'd personally say that the best stuff was from 1989-2009. And it's not nostalgia because I didn't even start watching anime until after that time had passed. I just didn't get interested until late highschool.

>2009
k-on literally ruined anime

>old anime
>LoGH
Get on my level, punk.

I didn't watch this anime, but I pretend to, and then condemn it. I find whatever is popular in any board and is regarded highly, I criticize and state it's below my standards to appear more patrician than most.

t. Digibro

>There was a greater percentage of good anime in the past
All of my favorites predate 95, but you would have to be pretty sheltered to think that the worse of the 80s/90s doesnt make the worst of modern stuff look like Shakespeare

I agree. Evangelion is fucking trash.

>All of my favorites predate 95
Name them, I gurantee you are just being contrarian as fuck.

I don't think anime automatically became shit, but it definitely declined. I didn't start watching anime until 2012-2013, so I am a newfag, but I did and still do enjoy anime from the early 2010s. But it seems sometime around 2014-2015 anime just went straight into the shitter, at least as far as I enjoy it. I couldn't enjoy anything last year at all outside a couple titles. And the future looks bleak to me because the only anime that are anywhere near promising are sequels of old series which will probably end up being shit anyway. I don't know, maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise, but anime and manga as well are becoming worse and worse every month.

I didn't say there wasn't bad shit, and I actually think the 80s were a low point for anime. Most of my personal favorites fall between 1990 and 2005, although I wouldn't say my taste reflects anime as a whole. Just that there was a much greater range of anime that, despite it's faults, was very enjoyable. I would be hard pressed to find 10 anime I truly enjoyed that aired in the last couple years.

Bad anime in the 80s and 90s still had good premises. They were hilariously bad like madbull 34. Mad bull 34 was offensively bad and completely worth watching just for the "so bad it's good" laughs. Bad modern anime is just boring and generic. Why would you ever want to watch one magical academy battle harem over another? They're the same goddamn show with different characters. Remember that one season where there were 3 airing, and they all had the exact same first episode? Old anime were never that bad.

Area 88, Cyber City Oedo and Riding Bean are my top picks.

I don't know, at least the worst 80s anime had that B-movie charm.
The worst 10s anime are just generic shit.

For every Mad Bull there is something like Cybernetics Guardian and Mosepeada that manage to take a crazy sci-fi premises and be completely boring and mundane alongside the usual below par animation and dumb plot

thanks for your approval

>I agree. Evangelion is fucking trash

How old are you? Evangelion is only twenty years old.

19 it is classic to me

dont name yours i can guarantee you have shit taste

That series is great though.

>As for cats, feed them cat food.
Seriously what did he mean by this?

>1990s-early 2000s
>everything before the 80s
Sure thing

I hate faggots who over analyze moe shit to make themselves feel better about themselves.
It's still shit digi.

Shit I'm sorry I need sleep.