Shelter

What did Sup Forums thought about this?

Story of my life

Forgettable and nobody should care. For some reason people did care and others people sperged out. And music was shit.

The main melody has still not gotten out of my head.

Sup Forums hated it as expected.

It died after about a week as expected.

I liked both the aesthetic and music, don't really care about any deeper meaning, it's just pretty

Would have been a million times better if it was an OVA, not a fucking polished music video.

>You will never have Megumi Kouno animate cute grills for your music video
Fuck

Who

I always get reminded and cringe when I play fifa17

Just how good is this Megumi Kouno?

Animation: Nice
Art: Okay
Music: Garbage
Storyline: Literal piece of excrement generic and didn't make sense

Final view: Highly overrated garbage with the exception of the animation.

Sup Forums hates it because muh A-1

Seriously, it's the best studio around

fuck now I have the song stuck in my head again

The animation is great. Like... really good animation, creative and with nice colors.

The song is really annoyng and repetitive.

It got popular because of normalfags and youtube "reactionist"
Is not even that sad, I mean I live through that everyday.

This short pleases my loli and foot fetishes.

She got the lonliest and most prolonged death a little girl could ask for.

I remember it much more vividly than the average CGDCT or battle academy show. It was beautiful.

This

It was really bad. Literally forced drama.
The song was the best part, easy to remember.

Song was alright, though generic. Visuals were good.
Plot was very barebones and even that was poorly executed.
Overall, flashy but forgettable.

pic related, huh

Unironically my top 5 AOTY, shortly after the video came out I booked a flight to LA and watched the live show. Twice.

The animator for the music video

I like her animation.

Abysmal camerawork, though i don't know if that's her fault.
The movements show she understands objects have weight/momentum, but not completely. It's alright.

Rin a cute

A CUTE!!!!!!

fuck off

I liked it.
Great animation, it looks pretty. It grabs your eye which is what I feel is the most important aspect of a music video.
Music is fine, although not my favorite genre.
Story is bland, but then again it is a music video and viewing it as such it's alright.

It's a good music video but looking for any deep meaning in it is borderline ridiculous.

I don't really understand animation. I thought it looks nice and the girls looks cute, enough for me.

it was stupid. I mean, it reminded me of one of those high budget AMV's I used to watch on youtube back in like 2008. The music was terrible and don't even get me started on the poorly written story.

she looks fat on that angle

A-1 overlords doing their job. Kyoanus btfo

Rin is mai another daughterfu.

Love Porter, but he should probably stick to writing music. I know he likes Okadashit and the story felt like a slightly better version of that, where it's trying to be emotional but doesn't make any sense.

I heard theres an acoustic version of the song, where can I find it?

>youtube "reactionist"
why the fuck is this a thing even

yep, but how the everlasting fug she survived for ~7 years? did she poo?

it should have stuck with just being a pretty music video.
that note from her dad or whatever it was should have been scrubbed from the storyboard.

It was nice, I don't know why people try so hard to make it look like an unholy pile of shit.

It's not formulaic enough, and that triggers people.

>not formulaic
It's literally a montage designed to constantly remind you of how a cute little girl is in just such a horrible(ly contrived) situation. You couldn't get more formulaic if you tried
She's got no significant character traits other than "looks cute" and "misses daddy"
Really, these are all fine, but it tries to shoehorn some message at the end and tries to pretend that it's got something important to say when all it is is a music video about some cute girl that nobody would care about if she wasn't designed that way

bait/10, expects me to feeling anything just because shes a girl.

There's no battle academies, harems, or constant and crude reminders of how pure and virginal she is.

Yes, and? It constantly switches between scenes of her doing pure and cute things with her dad and this horrible impending terribleness that's about to affect them.
She's literally never seen with anyone other than her dad. I dunno about you but that's pretty blatant purity fodder to me.

This.
I'm more concerned about how her dad managed to create the VR ship, launch her into space and how the ship and her survived for that long.

Pretty. Catchy song. Story was forgettable.

NOT FUCKING ANIME DELETE THIS WESTERN GARBAGE

Wasnt there going to be an OVA made?

Liked it

too old

I think you need to look up what formulaic means.

It's not even a proper studio.

I liked it

wtf is a youtube reactionist?

>and tries to pretend that it's got something important to say

Does it though?

He probably meant reaction channels
E-celebs are cancer, but reaction channels are... Double cancer.

Loved it - seeing Porter this weekend too.

Lol, just lol

Generic music with normalfag/weaboo-bait.

Nonsensical pile of shit with colorful visuals and retarded music.

Doujins when?

literally what?

yeah looking forward to it

HEY I'M A GAY
HEY YOU'RE A FAG
I BELIEVE I'M A GAY
A SCANDALOUS, SCANDALOUS, SCANDALOUS GAY

Important question.

She is a qt

Sup Forums is filled with hipsters and edgy redditors, so naturally Sup Forums hated it, claimed it was shit, and basically said everything current being said in this thread.

shelter is good. it shows how eastern animation can be used to tell a story without coming across as weeby.

Cute girl, cute video, deep and sad meaning.

Problem is, things that give feelings are poisoned by normies who over blow their effects and need to make 1000 reaction videos and people who need hug therapy to get through watching the video once.

It was really good, visually and musically but was ruined how the cancer that is Global Social Interaction.

seconded

This.
A-1 Pictures is a japanese sweatshop.

It's just a forgettable nothing music video

Any one-shot that isn't full-episode length doesn't really deserve any real judgment. It's just a thing.

It's less than a year old. Have some shame user.

I wanna fuck Rin