As someone who loosely identifies as libertarian I have to ask, why do people say libertarians are open boarders...

As someone who loosely identifies as libertarian I have to ask, why do people say libertarians are open boarders? To me the idea of immigration and border security falls under the larger issue of national security which is one area where the federal government is needed.

Why are you opposed to individuals crossing into a collective that doesn't exist?

Because I don’t want neighbors that steal all of my shit

Read some Hoppe
Borders were actually basically "open" for almost all of human history. When you allow people to associate with one another on a purely voluntary basis they mostly stick to their own, to the point that cultural homogeneity comes naturally
Right now there's an active and ongoing effort to FORCE different ethnicities to live and work together. Read any mainstream progressive publication, they're absolutely fully open about this

>not answering the question
good job

> national security

Is an a collective notion.
An individualists wouldn't care.

You seem to have libertarians and AnCaps confused

Your both individualists who value individual freedom over collective freedom.

Why don't you support the individual crossing a border and instead a collective institution like the government?

The libertarian attitude of “as long as you don’t harm others, everything is totally fine” leads to enormous degeneracy in society. After all, you don’t have to participate in the degenerate behavior and therefore no one else does either.

Of course, what actually happens is people form into collectives and crush the invidiuals.

The best form of libertarianism is within a collective group identity. Kind of like how America used to be. Everyone was American but within that framework they could be inviduals and pursue their own life, liberty, and happiness.

Libertarians concede that a minimal amount of government is needed (just not for the roads) and national security is universally recognized as the biggest reason to need government.

AnCap you don’t need a government because I can just use my army of child sex slaves to carry out my security.

Libertarians are bullshit

"Muh small gubmint" except for all the cops and border patrol and random stop and frisks

"No regulations" except for the NAP which would magically enforce itself

Right. Playing devils advocate is wearing thin on me, i'll stop.

Real answer?

Totalitarian individualism meaning they go against collectives like the government.
Plus egalitarianism meaning everyone is equal and a migrant is just like you.
This equals push for open borders.

What’s better? An authoritarian government?

You can't have Totalitarian individualism without a system that is protecting itself in a Totalitarian manner so it can't be abolished if people decide to collectives.

totalitarian meaning 'total' or 'all encompassing'
I was using the root definition.

All encompassing individualism.

Works as long as there isn’t a welfare state.

Darwinian selection and market forces would control the flow of people coming and going.

There has to be a system in place that prevents people from every changing the rules of such a society by crushing any form of collectivism in it's inception though. If people where free to collectivist without opposition you'd see multiple states or state like actors within your freedom state at some point.

>I'm a libertarian who needs federal government
This is why everyone thinks your ideology is childish

Because no state means no borders.

See

yeah liberts...don't really claim this.

my ideal is a collective that agrees on defending the nation on an as needed basis....like the state "guard" but completely autonomous. it's pretty easy.

All mass immigration does is undermine a societies bond and inflate the labor market, producing a compounding effect to erode the value and power of the modern slave.

Nothing to do with OP

>why do people say libertarians are open boarders?
Do you skate?
Do you surf?
If so, you are an open boarder.