Why is it that everything the Russians ever do is shit, but they still beat America in the space race?

Why is it that everything the Russians ever do is shit, but they still beat America in the space race?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Bondarenko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you need to be more specific because I'm sure there are refrigerators from the eastern bloc era still running

can confirm, my fridge made in serbia still works, it's in my konoba and I keep salsa in it. My water boiler from yugoslavia worked until thunders started going through pipes. We bough a new one, same model but now it's made in Croatia. Also vacum cleaner made by Sloboda Čačak still works but it's too loud so we got a swedish one now. Basicly everything in my house was made by Končar(yugoslavia-croatia) and Gorenje(yugoslavia-slovenia). But oven and that on oven that has gas for cooking is Bosch, but until recently it was Končar. Yugoslavia made some fine appliances and former yugoslavian countries still make them. Končar even makes computers now

That's easy, NASA and Washington were arrogant and didn't put in the effort.

Siberians have refrigerators? why isn't that kinda pointless

>but they still beat America in the space race?

But they didn't...we made it to the moon first.

isn't Siberia cold as fuk? this is coming from a texan

less safety regulation
many russians died in space to achieve that
most of which never made it to the news

what's the point in replying same thing twice?

>a Brit is posting a Russian car and implying they are shit
British automotive industry is literally dead though. Or owned by Germans.
Don't throw stones...

different design philosophies, the Russians went for a build, blow up, refine method of technological advancement whilst the burgers spent far more time ironing out issues on the drawing board.

Who knows how many dead kosmoиauts there are on the moon.

not everything is owned by germans. Jaguar is owned by Pajeets

Big if true

Even that crap they didn't do themselves. Ladas were originally licensed Italian Fiat cars from the 60s.

>space race
First of all, they lost. America landed on the Moon and they haven't.

Second of all, it was dual use technology also for nukes, that's why the megalomaniacal communists spent almost all their resources on it.

>lada
>shit

kill yourself jamal

this pic brings back memories. Back in the late 90's all you could see on streets here were Lada and Moskvitch

>not shit
Small engine, noise, rusting, no airbags, killed entire families from a bump.

>Mexican intellectual

Thats retarded. The USSR would of countered the American landing on the moon with proof that they landed first. Even if it they couldnt bring them back. They wouldnt want to be embarrassed by thier defeat in the space race.

Mass production/Elite production

There's already been released info on lost cosmonauts, I doubt that there's tons of missing missions. I mean they already admitted this guy was killed. Sad thing is it could have potentially saved the Apollo 1 crew if they publicized the accident.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Bondarenko

Press F to pay respects.

i actually have two in my basement and they still run if needed

Eastern block made machines which still work (buses, cars, refrigerators, space ships) to underestimate the industrial power of the Eastern block is stupid.

The best engineers worked for the military.

Yeah, the Eastern Bloc's biggest problem was light industry and consumer products.

F

"space race" was between Germany and Germany... both rockets were built by Hitlers pals... as were fighter jets... russian MIGs and whatever american ones were called

in regard of cars, almost none of them are russian... they bought outdated machinery from FIAT and Ford and just "rebranded" them... I believe KAMAZ was russian, and it is solid quality machine

The russian boosters were all for ICBMs, that's true. The NASA shit was purpose built after Mercury though.

The cars were decent for their time. It's just that nothing is improved since the USSR collapse.

Likewise, the light industry was shit: Clothes, furniture. Heavier stuff was extremely efficient and functional, and beats modern devices at that too.

The US is like that. My parents vacuum cleaner is from like 1950. Now they have us buying (((cheaper))) chinese products that you need to replace every few years and end up paying 5x as much more than if you bought 1 quality product.

It's just about where investments go. Soviets invested heavily in MIC and heavy industry, and far less in light industry and services.

Because they pooled EVERYTHING they had (and't didn't have) into it. Russia is still a borderline 3rd world country today partially due to that.

>The cars were decent for their time
Because they were blatant western copies, only made twice as heavy. Zhiguli = Fiat, for example