Childhood is idolizing Simon

Childhood is idolizing Simon.
Adulthood is realizing Rossiu makes more sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1e2CiFbmQEg
youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. Rossiu was a fucking idiot.

Simon was fucking stupid. There was no reason to destroy the anti spiral thing.

The Anti-Spirals were trying to exterminate humanity, you mong. Someone attacks your people, you find them and put them to bed with a shovel.

Except the fact they were gonna kill humanity, I guess you're right, there was no reason.

All ages is realizing Nia's death is an asspull, makes no sense thematically or within the logic of the show, is only foreshadowed within the episode it happens, is handled terribly (their last romantic vacation is exclusively panning over still images), and retroactively ruins at least all of the whole adult Simon arc and possibly the whole show.

Rossiu was fucking retarded.

Nia is an antispiral construct meant to screw with humans if the anti spirals lost it means she no longer has a use and thus must be terminated.

>a guy I knew for a month is my biological brother
>spiral power will destroy the universe!
>we'll prevent this from happening by using spiral power!
>I'm just going to kill this planet here and destroy a few million galaxies to prove I'm seriously going to save the universe
>be4 u die we should get married

Simon's plan was to fight back.

Rossiu's plan was to float around Earth until it became habitable again after the moon made contact with but a small fleet of Grapearls to defend them from the copious amount of enemies that were coming from space.

>I'm just going to kill this planet here and destroy a few million galaxies to prove I'm seriously going to save the universe

It's an aritificial world created by the Anti-Spirals. It's not likely that those galaxies were inhabited

ROSSIU LIED PEOPLE DIED

a separate entity is not necessarily contingent on the existence of its creators to exist, and it's arguable that since the anti-spiral were so completely destroyed there's nothing around to force the termination of her existence, also if that was the case she would be have been dead immediately

>it's arguable that since the anti-spiral were so completely destroyed there's nothing around to force the termination of her existence

That's not how the relationship worked. In this case, the death of the Anti-Spiral was an equivalent to unplugging. The "laptop's" battery life was vastly short, however.

*unplugging a laptop

Childhood is idolizing Satsuki.
Adulthood is realizing that Takarada was the real hero and actually did more than her to save humanity.

Rossiu was weak, a pussy too scared to fight for the chance to protect everyone, even if it's a small one
He was always a best

You can make as much sense as you want, but they were living in a world where doing the impossible was actually possible and common sense regularly goes out the window. Being logical in an illogical world doesn't work.

How are you supposed to defend against dimension warping creatures

Teens are trusting in Rossiu

Adulthood is knowing the Anti Spiral was right

Rossiu was basically meant to portray a dictator. People who like Rossiu are communists.

>People who like Rossiu are communists.
Wtf I love Rossiu now

Nia is just a self aware A.I not a real person her first personality is basically her sleep mode meant to fool humans intk trusting her and not detect she isnt human. The remorseless bitch is the real Nia.

Simon was in love with an illusion.

I've always been incredibly confused by her as she was supposedly born normally like the rest of the Spiral King's children right?

you need both, preferably more balanced inside one person

Well to be accurate, he was more like a capitalist dictator like Pinochet.

It made sense if we were applying real world logic to it. They literally had power that came from having a strong will, and fighting spirit, so he's a humongous fucking retard.

Why didn't Rossiu just fake Simon's execution?

that's not what that means
>spiral power will destroy the universe!
>we'll prevent this from happening by using spiral power!
it probably won't, if it does it's proof that the only that can doom us is us
it's kind of in keeping with how the show goes
>be4 u die we should get married
this actually happens

Rossiu didn't know that

His biggest fault was living in a world where you can kick logic to the curb.
Then you have the Spiral Nemisis and that shit

He still tried to kill his best friend, who made their current city and conditions possible, by making use of him like a fucking disgusting vermin.

I don't know about you, but that is not something you do, you can apply all the logic in the world to it, but he wouldn't not sitting pretty and making retarded orders if not for Simon.

You don't. You take the fight to their homeworld.

Childhood is idolizing Ryuko.

Adulthood is understanding that everything Satsuki did was correct.

This shitpost has made me much more mad than it should have

Ah yes in the pocket dimension where they are essentially gods

JUST finished GL. Probably one of my favorite animes. What a fantastic show

Rossieu didnt want to spare Simon because the citizens would chimp out.

Childhood is buying toys

Adulthood is amassing collectibles

Wasn't she like something passed down in DNA that the anti-spiral activated, how they got it to be in someone's DNA to be passed down in the first place is beyond me, but it's something like that as I remember a comment by the anti-spiral on their messenger being the Spiral Warrior's daughter

See

It's one of the most complete and satisfying shows to watch. Down side is there's nothing really to discuss except how cool it was

On the flip side exists NGE. It's hard to say which I like better

Yes. The Anti-Spiral even mentions her being born to Lordgenome in the final episode, which leaves me to assume that the Anti-Spirals planted the sleeper program or whatever in some woman's ovaries.

Back in the day I think the formulation went like this: Rossiu is a real robot character in a super robot show.

up drills vs down drills

why the movies are suck

>It's one of the most complete and satisfying shows to watch. Down side is there's nothing really to discuss except how cool it was
I couldn't agree more. One thing I really liked was getting really attached to Kamina and having him die and the creators still be able to make simon that much more likeable towards the end,.

How long is NGE? I don't want to watch something that's a million episodes. I did that with JoJo 3 and that shit was drawn out as fuck for what it was.

26 + movie.

No one knows where rebuild is going yet but the first 2 are mostly the same stuff.

Note that unlike GL, Eva doesn't really... have a real solid ending

Ah, but the illusion was able to remain in the world long enough to marry Simon even after the fake version disappeared, because of fighting spirit.

On a side note can we acknowledge how cool Lord Genome is?

youtube.com/watch?v=1e2CiFbmQEg

If I hold ask for a spin off Series for anything it would involve him/his back story

Oh hey Parallel works are a thing if you are craving more TTGL

No because the illusion is self aware and not just a program one could say Nia was glitching the moment her sleep mode personality kept taking over her real personality.

Roughly same length as GL

There's a few extended cut episodes for almost an episode more of stuff

There's a movie, because they fucked up the budget really bad with their last 2 episodes

Pic related

No, no spin-offs

Also Lordgenome is extra cool because unlike Simon who's just a brawler, Lordgenome was also a scientist who basically invented immortality

Sorry that's a thumbnail

Also Rebuilds are nicer looking but pretty soulless. Pretty bad but sound amazing

>How long is NGE?
26 episodes and then watch End of Evangelion after
Watch the two films, they're re-caps, but have extra fight scenes, easily worth watching imo, and yeah ttgl is fucking amazing

Well, childhood is idolizing Kamina to be specific but point taken. The series agrees, that's why Simon is a old hobo while Rossiu is the president of humanity or some shit.

Never got round to watching Parallel works but man that was cool.
Show's how powerful Simon is that he did what Lordgenome couldn't with that massive fleet.
Kamina saved the entire universe by wanting to go to the surface, but right at the end it was still Lordgenome which is cool.
A series about the original war vs the anti-spiral could be pretty cool
>Lordgenome was also a scientist who basically invented immortality
He did create the tools Simon and co. used to win yeah, and invent immortality? Is it just spiral power or am I forgetting something as to why he's like a thousand years old

I don't think it's confirmed that Lordgenome invented the Lagann/Gunman. In fact, doesn't the parallel works show that he discovered the proto-lazengan?

He's a superbiologist and created the beastmen

Hey since you're coming off the series can you list your favorite characters?

I'm always curious

Also he created Viral's immortal(?) body

youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw

Yeah I was thinking he found the Lagann for sure, but I'm pretty sure he built at least the Space Gunmen cause he mentions how they were built for space combat
Wasn't me that was the one who had just finished it

Childhood is idolizing Zero.
Adulthood is realizing Ohgi makes more sense.

Remain loyal to a shady leader or sell his ass out for your country, your comrades, and the woman you love? Not even a hard decision.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK OHGI

Man, Kallen was the only good one of the group. I doubt it'll happen, but if Kallen somehow ends up endgame in R3, I'll be over the moon

>Remain loyal to a shady leader or sell his ass out for your country, your comrades, and the woman you love? Not even a hard decision.

Don't glorify him, it was solely for chocolate pussy.

That's why they tried to fucking capture it to study it and figure out how to beat it, not fucking destroy it and wipe out half the city and telling the rest of them to come here and fuck shit up.
How do you fight back against things you can only beat with one mech and when you do it wipes out a multi-mile radius of everything around it? Rossiu was in the right to try and survive.

Rossiu makes more sense, but he lost his way. Despite all of his impulsiveness, Simon was a better person for not losing hope as easily. Once Simon got a grasp on the situation and let Rossiu finish his temper tantrum, he went out and got shit done.

Kamina, while fun and silly, is only idolized by manchildren.

They really did drop the ball on Villetta's development. The only thing that really changes about her is that she falls in love with Ohgi. Otherwise she's exactly the same as she was at the start, just a social climber trying to become rich and powerful.

And in the end she gets just that.

I think we are supposed to see the Kamina is basically just an idiot with lots of bravado. He is good at inspiring his teammates, but thats about it. And he knows it, hence him always trying to encourage Simon to grow a pair.

Apparently he had one of the lowest potentials for spiral energy of the entire cast.

His giga drill breaker is the smallest one in the series. But its also the first.

Childhood is idolizing discussion.
Adulthood is realizing dubs makes more sense.

Aren't all the other ones done with bigger drills as well?

Erhm, bigger initial drills is what I mean there, rather stupid otherwise
But no, Simon definitely does a giga drill breaker with regular Gurren Lagann so I don't know what I'm on about

>Warned when one million people reach the surface the moon will kill everyone
>Forcefully move everyone to the surface to make sure there aren't secretly one million people down there even though it was specified they would need to be on the surface to count on the doomsday clock

No, he was an idiot

People need a leader

He may have been bullshitting his plans but he was the first person to rise up and take a stand

It worked, didn't it?

Rossiu was a fucking cunt and the show didn't have the balls to let him an hero like he deserved

Rossiu only makes sense in a world where enemies aren't explicitly defeated by nonsense.

Lordgenome's warning doesn't mention anything about the surface.

you can also discuss how much better Kill la Kill was

I counted people underground. It never said anything about the surface. He wanted them above ground so they could count up. It reached 1 million before they could count because those fuckers kept going underground.

Well, EoE is about as definitive an ending as there ever has been. It literally is an end. To Evangelion

Sasuga Anno-san

The only really unreasonable thing he did was sentence Simon to death. Otherwise he was being perfectly reasonable if misguided.

the warning was word salad from an ancient dying despot

[nu-metal starts playing]

Only once the absorbed a Big Bang's worth of energy that could destroy the universe did they reach part of their power

I like Kill la Kill, but it isn't really cant compete going over the top in the same way TTGLdoes

And also the general message of believing in yourself

Childhood is knowing OP is a faggot.
Adulthood is realizing that OP is still a faggot.

How is that unreasonable though? If he didn't the population would have gone mental. It was the only way to actually make them calm down given how much they hated Simon after he blew up half the city.

well he was kind of the audience surrogate in that way
he's basically "what about the forms afterwards?" made flesh
it's part of Simon's ascension and the show communicating what it's about
they show pretty starkly that logic and a measured and formal approach are not going to help them any more (which is why they skipped the rebuilding) and Simon embodies that by saving the logician from himself
also they needed him later, when his contribution was useful again

not that Sup Forumsnon but i also just finished it yesterday. Id say simon is my favorite character, or at least the one i can most relate too. i was sort of pussy growing up but i had some friends who encouraged me to grow a pair and man up. not the best story but whatever

I really liked the dynamic between simon kamina and yoko. it was one of the better handled love triangles ive seen.

Is it still "make sense" if you make sense in a world that doesn't make sense?

>bowing to the desires of an emotional and angry mob

Wew lad

what about life in prison? what about faking the execution?

even when it's not a democracy, everyone with authority ultimately rules by the consent of the governed

Shame it was over as soon as Kamina died. Tho I guess Simon probably would have had too much baggage to pursue Yoko considering his angst over Kamina and Yoko indirectly lead to Kamina's death.

And I guess Yoko was probably too disgusted with all of Simon's moping after the fact. And then he met Nia and that was the end of that.

I think Rossieu would be against the latter just because it would feel like corruption to him. I'm sure Simon would probably say the same thing.

the Feddies were assholes too though

>faking the execution
I'm fairly certain that was the plan.
>life in prison
Probably not enough. The people were calling for his head. Rossiu had enough to deal with already given that Simon is pretty lazy, but with a pretty much rebellion about to start that's just more problems he doesn't want to have.

Dunno, he showed a fair amount of angst for someone who planned to not go through with it completely. Especially since he was totally gonna kill himself. I think his sense of duty would have made him go through with it even though he'd hate himself for it.

Yeah, i dont think it wouldve fit in well with the series but seeing some more of their relationship wouldve been nice. I was sort of hoping once simon manned up yoko would fall for him but youre right about the baggage that would bring.

yoko doesnt seem to do many of the gags that are super popular. likewhen simon landed on her breasts and she didnt freak out and hit him.

Rossiu made sense but he forgot he was in a show where making sense is less viable than not making sense.