'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran, text analysis reveals

>An analysis into whether the Quran is more violent than the Bible found killing and destruction occur more frequently in the Christian texts than the Islamic.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

Hmm, really made me think. Looks like christ cucks can't criticize Islam now could they?

Other urls found in this thread:

fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/2009/08/22/the-point-december-1955/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>there is violence in the bible
>so that means you can't criticize the Quran for teaching Muslims to kill anyone that isn't a Muslim

>Using text analytics software he had developed, named Odin Text, he analysed both the New International Version of both the Old and New Testaments as well as an English-language version of the Quran from 1957.
>both the Old and New Testament
>Includes the Qur'an but not the Hadith
And opinion discarded

fake and gay
i read the koran and it is horrible much worse, especialy the amount of positive connotated political violence is high

>Independent

Glad I'm an atheist. Now get the fuck out here, Achmed.

BTFO

Good thing the bible is popular with high iq non savages then
What's the qurans excuse?

>See they mentioned it more often therefore ignore the context and stop paying us attention we are trying to invade you after all
Non whites
Not in our counties

Doesn't this just kind of prove that their culture is backwards? Less violence in their book yet objectively a more violent culture.

>Old Testament
Should be the Torah then shouldnt it. I wonder why they wouldnt use that comparison

So a history book on war is more violent than an instruction manual on war?
Color me surprised

>2016
shills are now pulling old shit to spam Sup Forums
now show us the muslim conquest map, faggot

Notice how (it) doesn't say which one advocates for the violence more. Think that make you go hmmmmm?

'Violence more common' in Mudslimes than Normies, real life reveals

The Bible documents a civil war in the old kingdom. No shit it has more violence. It doesn't teach that to followers though.

Why are liberals such insufferable assholes towards just Christianity?

the bible is 10x longer

It doesn't even matter anyway. The bible is open to a wider scope of interpretation

Kek

You shitskin kebabs think no one can translate your Quran, and then you lie like snakes about the exposure of its content.

that's true. Except the gospel (the real basis of christianity) doesn't preach to muder, unlike the quran

I must add that all the violence in the bible comes from the ancient kikes

>What are the hadiths

Quran only is heresy in Islam.

So, religion is inherently violent, backwards, and evil? Great.

Now will the Godfags here stop with the "le fedora" meme?

This. A larger percentage of Muslims are illiterate anyways so who cares?

Does this count all the various acts of God in the (((Old Testament)))? God kills literally everyone and almost everything on Earth except an incestious family of 8 people. I doubt the Quran has something as epic.

>Old Testament
Oh, you mean the part that Christians don't abide by? Yeah, it's pretty archaic. That's why Christianity went through reformation.

What's Islam's excuse?

>What's Islam's excuse?
Somebody's gotta fuck those goats.

Are the fucks retarded? Judaism, Christianity and Islam have the same roots. All three of them agree on the old testament, Christianity and Islam agrees on the new, and only Islam agree on the Q'ran. While they all have (except Christianity, to my knowledge) side books, these are the main books. Therefore, saying the old testament is violent as fuck is simply stating all three of them have violent roots. In fact, if we were to take the Q'ran as a continuation of the bible in Islam, unless it was devoided of any violence, Islam would be the most violent religion, if we were to base ourselves on the books, rather than the actions. But wait, if we do, it also happens to be the most violent religion. Fuck, it seems like pseudo-intellectuals can't handle rigorous, unbiased though processes, who knew.

This is a deliberate mis representation of the facts.

They compare only the Quran, and do not include the Hadiths and the Shira, which include the real violence that inspires radical Islam.

Basically, these people are deliberately lying to you. Now ask yourself why.

The Koran shares many of the same stories with the bible. The Koran basically plagiarizes the Torah and the New Testament.

>Using text analytics software he had developed, named Odin Text
wew

Militant atheism/ communism is worst.

>Christianity and Islam agrees on the new
You do not know what you're talking about.

there one thing watching a violent movie and completely the other thing watching the same violent movie with director of the movie giving you commands that when film is over, you should go outside and force everyone to go watch it or kill them.

it's not a problem the problem the amount of violence, do you watch war documentaries you retard?

Sam Harris covered this in his debate with that fat ass from tyt. It may nevtrue but modern Christians are nowhere near as violent as modern Muslims and 99% of the violence in the bible was old testament jew shit. New testament is hippie passicfist shit.

Whatever, Hassan.

Prove me wrong. Islam takes in consideration the new testament. However, the newest book overrides the last. Thus, anything written in the Q'ran contradicting the new testament is law, as well the new contradicting the old.

Kek.

Fucking bias ass "study" cant even get their shit straight. Sure christains teach from the old and the new, but everybody knows the old testament is the jew testament and the new testament is what christians use as a doctrine. Too bad a bunch of christians go jew testament and never come back.

You mean civilized "shit"

Funny they're mentioning that, because 99.9% of the violence is in the OT .. which is OG jewish Scripture.

>Judaism, Christianity and Islam have the same roots. All three of them agree on the old testament,
>Christianity and Islam agrees on the new

Jesus is prophesied all throughout the Old Testament. Judaism and Islam both reject Christ Jesus.

>old testament

Isn't there a new one ? :^) Every time, every fucking time they try to attack christianity they use the OLD testament, what the fuck

shut the fuck up. not every thread that isn't to your taste is a secret attempt to subvert Sup Forums. there's no such thing as "slide threads."

Its pure brainwashing. That simple.

Wrong. Judaism rejects him. However, Islam sees him as a prophet rather than the son of God.

What does "more common" mean? The bible is over 60 books some of which are history and apocalyptic prophecy. Am I supposed to conflate that with direct commands to go out and butcher my neighbors?

>However, Islam sees him as a prophet rather than the son of God.
So, they reject him.

Yeah, my point is Christians even when persecuted are more civilized then Muslims

Christianity
>Accept jesus christ and be good toward other
Brainwashing

Islam
>You can't do all these thing and you have to do all these thing else you die
Somehow not brainwashing

>Jewish Old Testament
Very violent, typical for its era
>Christian New Testament
Extreme pacifism, radically different from its era
>Islamic Quran
Very violent, typical for its era

This old gag
When was the last time some Priest talked about domination, when was the last time some little old granny strapped a suicide vest to her and walked into a building?
When was the last time someone wearing a crucifix quoted from the Bible while slicing the throat of somebody and removing their head?
When was the last time a church group went on a gang raping mission?

Also they aren't using context or the fact the Bible is about 40 times larger than the Quran.

Hey a lot of people died in the noah story, so you see, it is more violent than this sermon telling me to cut the heads off people who reject Allah

From a Christian perspective, sure. They still regard the new testament as valid documentation, while the Q'ran takes priority over it.

>Old testament

SAGE AND REPORT THIS ISLAMIC FILTH

The bible is a longer book, so it has more violence. fucking liberal retards. If the Quran was the same length as the bible, there'd be more violence in the Quran. Fucking clickbait "science" article

>Shill detected
I bet you think you're slick dont you?
That you actually pretend that you fit in lole

This

wow, who gives a shit, Muslims are the only ones blowing themselves up/ driving into crowds. although they haven't done it in a while.

Abrahamic religions were created to govern tribal lands with no national identity. Both books have a lot of good and a lot of bad.

Modern Christians do not follow the Bible word for word and that’s why Islam is more dangerous.

I can disprove you simply by showing how the Islam excludes a lot of what Jesus underwent, which the Quran ignores completely. Such as Jesus not being crucified, all I need is to find an instance in which the Quran does not mention or contradict what's in the new testament. Unlike the old testament, which is shared by Judaism and Islam, the new testament isn't shared the same way by Christianity and Islam, as Islam excludes or manipulates a lot of events that occured.

Burger got it

most Christians haven' read the bible....

Judaism and Christianity*

So how do you judge 'a while?' a few minutes? A day?

>muh happenings

have you proven that Las Vegas was a false-flag by an reptilian-controlled CIA yet?

(((Old testament)))
We need a new religion and it can be talked onto Christianity.

More or less Warhammer. There is only one law our survival.
To seek and destroy or enemies is the will of God.

It's called the Old Testament for a reason.

>the only way that Christianity can at all compare to Islam in terms of violent will is if the Old Testament (Torah) is used to buffer the New Testament's numbers, despite the latter being an almost outright retcon of the former for the very reason of its barbarism, and being the entire reason for the religion's formation

I hate Christianity, and yet I'll still go to bat for them over this shit, what an apples to oranges comparison

old testament is jew
new testament is christian
but its all really jew

>(((old))) testament
Nice try Achmed

It's in their DNA & their twisted hate-filled holy book the Talmud, teaches to lie, cheat, steal, rape, and even kill Gentiles--GOYIM--since we're nothing more than animals.

fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/2009/08/22/the-point-december-1955/

They kind of do. In Islam, Jesus is only a prophet - rest isn't really contested.

The bible is basically one big autistic history lesson that has violence in it that has nothing to do with it's religious message.

Meanwhile the Quran is basically a document on how to behave in war and the legal systems of 1400 years ago, its entire message is about living in a state of perpetual physical and religious warfare.

Old testament = Jews.

From Deutoronmy 13:
>6"If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known, 7of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), 8you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

And there's lots more.

It's not limited to the old testament, and Jesus never said to reject the old testament, rather, he preached on it.

Islam sees him as a prophet, though not the messaih.

The current people who claim to be Jews follow the Talmud, which is a vile book. Thus are not Hebrew, but the true Synagog of Satan.

>stories in the Old Testament that contain violence
>violent instructions in the quran for muslims to carry out

not the same thing.

>Looks like christ cucks can't criticize Islam now could they?
How fortunate then that i am not a christian.

Abrahamic shit is shit, regardless if its christian, jew or muslim. Still the same abrahamic shit.

Are you even aware that most of these verses are fake or modified?

guys my WW2 history book has more violence than quran WTF i LOVE muslims now

>Islam sees him as a prophet, though not the messaih.

Are you fucking autistic? In Islam Jesus sws is the Messiah, he is named "'Issa al Massih", al Massih = the Messiah

This is a law from the Theocratic Kingdom of Israel that was part of the old Covenant which was finished by Christ. You'd have to ask Jews but I don't think they can do this law until their Temple is rebuilt.

>This thread again.

>Quran - 1400 year history
>Bible - 7 THOUSAND year history

Jesus flipped over a table
that's 1 point for violence
Mohammed cuts a guys head off
that's 1 point for violence
These look pretty equally violent

Fuck off amhed

>let me tell you what the Bible means

Unless youre part of the magesterium any "opinion" you give is worthless

>still being a winy bitch.

This is foolish! They don't understand the difference between Descriptive and Prescriptive Texts???!!

The Violence in the Old Testament is a descriptive account of violence occurred in the past. It, again, shows the absolute depraved nature of man, and why we needed a savior (Jesus Christ) to free us from the legal dept we occur after breaking God's Law.

God used men to exact judgement on nations that needed to be judged. But his command is NOT for us to murder people. There is not one command for Christians to behave violently. In fact it's the opposite. Jesus commands Christians to LOVE OUR ENEMIES.

The Violent scriptures almost often cited in the Quran and the Hadiths are PRESCRIPTIVE. Meaning that it is a literal command. Muhammad and allah Command their follows to violently subjugate and kill Non-Believing people. And not to stop until there is no other religion BUT Islam.

>>Independent

Which is funnily enough owned by a Muslim.

Oh and also it's about governing people that live in that Society it's not a command to go out searching for people in foreign countries and Nations to kill

>The absolute state of shills, trolls, and other filth.

The quran is only one of the Islamic holy tests though. If you isolate the old testament then why not admit Islam is actually based on a "holy trinity" of texts?
Almost like they are intentionally being manipulative or something.

without the Old Testament Christianity is completely cucked, dont abandon it or your religion is dead.
Don't be so easily manipulated away from having a spine.
>w-w-well Im not bad because I dont even like the old testament!
>refugees welcome, its what Jesus would want!

Remember to sage and report all off topic and troll threads gents.
Kinda like this one we get at least 2 times every day it seems.

Alexandre Lebedev owns the Independant

No, Islam excludes a lot of Jesus' history, or outright denies it.