Let's get philosophical

Let's get philosophical.
Which anime has the most profound take on the idea of God ?

Which god?

Mekakucity Actors

/thread

That's a question that makes no sense.

Polytheistic gods are not referred to as the same category. Totally different playing field.

That said, op.
The Big O, Youjo Senki.
Although lately, I've been having trouble not seeing God everywhere.

define 'god'

God is easier to define through you.
You are God's self insert.

>Polytheistic gods are not referred to as the same category.

Only if you are a monotheist dog, otherwise there is no reason for that distinction.

Pantheistic God would fit OP's question as well. And panentheistic, or even meta God.
But polytheism is pushed because idols can be broken and no philosophy or thought needs to occur to disprove them and therefore ignore.

This. The Lain anime raises a lot of questions about the nature of divinity and different kinds of imagined gods (and answers none of them). Is God omniscient or not? omnipresent or not? A being with an individual personality like a human or an impersonal force of nature? Could the deity be triune (multiple parts to the godhead)? What would motivate a divine being? Is a divine being responsible for creation/life? Does a god need to have followers to have power on earth?

define 'profound'

and you don't seem to understand

The deepest ideas

Angel's Egg

Yōjo Senki

God, in the monotheistic Abrahamic (and offshoots) sense is defined as the collective consciousness of its creators and practitioners. God is a reflection of a society's or group's cultural sensibilities and shared values. In a sense, we, the collective, are god and our religious views are a reflection of what we deem socially acceptable within our cultural or national group.

God is a mirror and we are the reflection. When we pray or ask for help from God, we are, in actual fact, asking ourselves to help ourselves. When we attribute acts to God, we are, in actual fact, admitting our own powerlessness as humans against powers that are greater than ourselves (nature/weather/the earth etc.).

God is only as powerful as our own limitations, because we are God.

I'm actually god

Define Anime

HDxD

>"what do you mean, 'interesting?'"

>xD
fuck off

no spoonfeeding

>pic related

I'm not sure if i'm being baited or not

IS THIS IRONIC

I like how the god is an asshole, but it seems like it is taking its sweet time getting that sweet worship.

Remember folks:
God is Watching.
That means when a pervert peeks in on a female only spa, he's simply acting as the eyes of God.

The Goddess is a harem.

Fuck off

Your version of god has weakness then.
Omnipotent, all knowing, all aware, most stable. Has no known form. Unique. One. All powerful. Ones whose plan never fails.

So basically, Mekakucity Actors is the only anime with a true God.

OP said "profound".

Your version of god has autism in it.

This, but with a few twists.
>the 'god of this world' is satan
>Egregore is a relevant aspect of reality

You just don't understand Sup Forumsnon

Those are some nice trips.

I'm anime only. How well does Index include the divine?

The classic idea of god is not profound, all traditional gods were short tempered assholes who fucked with people on a whim. Perhaps an idea of a god who was like a comforting being that watched over humanity would be nice, but history proves there isn't anybody else who gives a shit about us. The whole concept of god, or a creator being a sentient being like humans, is just humans trying to make sense of the universe by projecting themselves onto it. There's no logic to believing the universe can't exist without a creator, yet a creator can. Humans, and life, are simply a complex but tiny system that came about because eventually after billions of years, one of the uncountable star systems had certain reactions take place. I guess it's comforting or reassuring to humans to rationalize their existence, or try to make the universe out to be something made for them, but the truth is were just products of chance. We don't have a purpose, we just are. Which is fine, we can create our own purpose. We're not special snowflakes who were chosen by sentient beings who were just as dumb as we are to be the elite of the universe, we're just a complex arrangement of reactions. Nor is sentience is special. We're just an extremely complex example of the oldest thing in the universe, which at it's base is just the fact that movement can happen because a weaker force will submit to a stronger one. It's not as though the universe is dead, or that we are alive, we are simply very complex parts of the universe. Just as 1 and 0 are all the parts that make up an entire program in binary, the human body is simply that basic action of give and take happening on a massive scale. In a universe his much bigger than ourselves, it's pretty probably or something like this to happen, just like a cancerous cell is likely to eventually spring up in a body with so many of them being made over and over for a long period of time.

Yeah yeah, "tips fedora". Whatever makes you feel better.

mono or poly?

CAN YOU DIG IT?

>There's no logic to believing the universe can't exist without a creator, yet a creator can.
You sure? It seems that you are in denial. You see, if this world were to be without origin, it wouldn't need an eternal and external reason to be.
Mathematical truths are derived from the axioms they fall under. They are always true if their axioms are.
>humans are simply this and that
First you simplify human to be something you can handle, then you say they are more complex than that. I'd say you are making an error. You assume you can and more importantly, have understood humanity and human life.
It is clearly not the case if you need to simplify us.

Perhaps magi

Obviously mono, else a plural would have been given.

FMA:B

Why does this world need a "reason" to exist? This is simply humans trying to wrap their heads around existence because biology has evolved so that we are born with an innate sense of the purpose to continue living. There's no "reason" for this either, it's simply what life turned out to be. To answer your other argument, humans are a complex version of a simple concept. And by complex I simply mean large and with many parts. There was no flaw in what I said, the first argument is just you as a human feeling that the universe, or anything, needs "reason", and the second is a deliberate misunderstanding on your part. I'm not saying reason and logic are not real things, but that they are simply the way the we use to understand the universe, by finding recurring patterns and using that knowledge to replicate those patterns to our own benefit. There is no reason why the universe should exist, it just is. The idea that the universe would need a first origin, or a parent, is simply our projection of the very limited existence that is life onto the rest of the universe. Many people would like to think we aren't helpless and alone as sentient beings, so the concept that there was some glorified version of humans that created us gives us both a sense of comfort in not being the only sentient being, and a sense of being special for being made by someone else's wish or purpose. Because a lot of humans want to be wanted, and the idea that they are wanted by some super powerful being that rules everything like a human king might rule a country gives them comfort. But the very idea that the universe must be like us, or that it's origin must reflect us, is simply our own arrogance. We are sentient, and we like sentience, so we glorify it and try to see the whole universe as sentient, but we simplify that down to the universe being made by someone sentient. It's just us as humans, being used to life and humanity, wan to see it everywhere.

>Why does this world need a "reason" to exist?
The world started. Before the Catholic monk made his theory of big bang, atheists very much presumed infinite and endless universe.

It started. It needs something infinite to back it.

>This is simply
No it is not. You are doing exactly that. Trying to wrap your head around these concepts.
I exist because I came to be. This is thanks to my parents.
We go on until we hit the big bang.

External cause for finite existence.

>God is a creation by humans
Truly profound indeed

Angel Beats maybe ?

Poorly

>Explain how 1 came to be
>Easy, it's just a series of 0.1s
>but 0.1 is just a series of 0.001!
Why not see 1 as one tenth of a ten instead?
Or maybe just one.

As is the devil.

But it dosen't make them any less real.

Lain doesn't really raise those questions about the nature of a God in our world. It raises those questions as part of Lain's ascendance to godhood. She's cyber Jesus. People were attempting to influence her resurrection. The devil tempted her in the desert. She won.

Why do self-proclaimed nihilists never realize that Nietzche thought nihilism was garbage, but a process that everyone needed to go through in order to rise with a new morality. You're not supposed to wallow in rock bottom. You create a new god to replace the dead one.

But there's your problem, you assume every existing thing must have an ancestor, because humans and other living things do. Because we project ourselves on the universe.

I'm an absurdist and I've accepted that nothing has intrinsic meaning and moved on with my life.

What isn't profound about the assertion that God is a tempermental, whimsical teenage girl in highschool.

I exactly don't do that. It ends somewhere. This trail of ours.

There is no limit to what can be out there. But this universe is caused by the unmoved mover who had potential for every aspect of reality.

Eva

Mirai Nikki

>I'm an absurdist