Can someone explain why Japan seem to find loud, obnoxious, mentally retarded characters so endearing?

Can someone explain why Japan seem to find loud, obnoxious, mentally retarded characters so endearing?

To them they're americans speaking japanese.

All three of those characters are immigrants.

Because deep down we all wish we could be loud, obnoxious, and mentally retarded yet still be regarded as the "main character" of our own stories, so to speak.

When in reality if you're just one of those things, let alone all three, no one wants anything to do with you and you're almost guaranteed to die alone.

They're the antithesis of the normal japanese man. Free and unhindered.

Ameriphilia

Japanese power fantasy.

It's not that they're retarded, it's that they're simple with their motives. Are you a friend? You're cool with them. Are you hurting others? That's no good. Do you need a helping hand? Excluding Luffy, you need not worry. They don't need a complex reason to do things, they just do it, and people acknowledge their straightforwardness.

>Excluding Luffy, you need not worry.
New Goku is a fucking retard manchild with no respect to anyone/anything whatsoever, he could let thousand die for a good fight.

they can relate the most

>When in reality if you're just one of those things, let alone all three, no one wants anything to do with you
>tfw there is one exception to this sad rule
you can get away with shit like being loud, obnoxious, and mentally retarded if your a very attractive girl, because men dont give a shit about your personality when your hot, but other than that your correct.

They relate with their exact opposite?

>thousand
Make trillions of billions.

Are you implying this is unique to Japan?

They're endearing and relatable

Those shows satirize and make fun of those characters, don't glorify them.

Who said anything about glorification?
They're endearing. A character needs to have flaws like the OP listed or they wouldn't be interesting

Gon is a little different, if memory serves me correctly.

Notice how these are all father figures.
In comedy they tend to be made into bumbling retards because the patriarch is still an intimidating figure.

Why do they all have comically large appetites?

Because the Japanese never get tired of eating up the same "funny" quirk for thousands of times.

But Naruto isn't retarded. He is loud and obnoxious.

>why Japan seem to find loud, obnoxious, mentally retarded characters so endearing?

I don't know. But you're right, they sure do love the tsundere archetype.

Because it is something Japanese people want to be

You certainly could be, look at Trump.
And several other famous people.

You just have to have talent to justify it, which everyone int he OP does.

>because they're the opposite
>they wish to be that way
EVERY TIME this comes up, every single time. I don't think anyone on this board ever spend even a second talking to a Japanese person.

Easy, because they're made to appeal to children. If you like that kind of series, you're either an obnoxious child or an autistic manchild. On the contrary of moe series, where the only possibility is that you're are a sweaty virgin with a dakimakura.

What is your take on it, if you don't mind my asking?

Are you saying that the japanese aren't sad submissive drones?

>new goku
This is what america thinks

It doesn't need explaining.

Anyone who's not 15 has that insight into the shounen MC archetype.

It's not so much Japan as it's Japanese little boys.

And it's not so much Japanese little boys as it's literally just little boys.

Seriously, take a look at western (or just about wherever) cartoons and tell me how different their leads, or most popular characters are.

God fuck Kevin Smith I hate that fat fuck. How the hell does he keep getting work?