I am not attempting to shitpost, i've never used Sup Forums...

I am not attempting to shitpost, i've never used Sup Forums, but if it's anything like the rest of Sup Forums it doesn't like popular things. I just finished my yearly rewatching of Death Note, and I wanted to discuss with others who have watches it. More specifically, out of Light, L, Mello, and Near who was the smartest character? Who was your favorite? Thoughts on the ending?

L is mai waifu.

I wish Mello got more time to be alive

It sucks after L died, N and M were worthless characters, and the ending was a trainwreck.
It has been discussed for years and everyone agrees on this.

I'd say L. For all of Light's skills and strengths, he was cashing in on something L had no real way to counter and zero clue about until the very end: the Death Note's nature.

L managed to corner Light on more than one occasion through much more mundane means in comparison.

Yeah i dont understand what they were thinking by killing L and introducing 2 L wannabes. Also the ending couldve been so much better i agree

Light was right but L was smarter then him. is dead on.

Near is the smartest and my favorite. Fight me.

>i've never used Sup Forums
>yearly rewatch
What did you use before?
Light was the smartest of course. He won against L and L was better than Near or Mello. My favorite character was Matsuda. The ending was fine.

I stopped watching after L died because thats the true end of the series.

I'm surprised Misa-Misa survived as long as she did in the series.

I honestly thought Light would've killed her once he was finished with L as a form of payback for all the bull-shit she put him through.

Its because she had the Shinigami Eyes, also her pussy game was on 10

>I am not attempting to shitpost, i've never used Sup Forums,
Fuck off, newfag.

>>Sup Forums

To begin with, if you're looking at Death Note and trying to measure the actual intelligence used within the series, you're doing it wrong. That's like watching Bleach and trying to decide who would win an actual sword fighting tournament based on form. You're watching it for that "oh, that's so clever" feeling, not to see what realistic thinking is like.

Anyway, Ohba pretty much demonstrated that he knew nothing about writing a proper story when he introduced a second Kira. It still managed to be an incredibly entertaining ride (until L died), and I personally place it in my highest tier of subjective satisfaction.

It went to shit after L died but damn it was satisfying seeing Light break down like a bitch.

Literally /thread. If any of us had the option to watch Death Note again for the first time, it would still provide a satisfaction that you cant find in seasonal anime.

>yearly rewatching of Death Note
This is awful and you should feel awful.

Fuck off and kill yourself.

Woahhh we got a couple of anime patricians over here

Lurk for two years before posting. Alternatively, commit suicide.

Oh, as for your other questions, L was my favorite character (of course), and the actual ending was pretty good (in the manga), with Light pleading for his life and such. All of the major players had an evil streak, but Ryuk was the real villain.

Anyway, what do you even call Death Note's style? Neo-gothic? It feels so similar to our world, yet so different at the same time.

Ok sir, ill try to obey your internet laws and regulations, gosh you Sup Forums guys are more uptight then Reddit

It went to shit long before L died. The Yotsuba arc was shit.