Why do soldiers willingly volunteer to serve the interests of a government that cynically uses them and then leaves...

Why do soldiers willingly volunteer to serve the interests of a government that cynically uses them and then leaves them broken and homeless? I can't think of a single war in American history that benefited anybody except a few politicians and businessmen.

*tips*

Because systemic oppression of the poor with little job or educational opportunities creates a system where gambling with your life for the chance to get away from a toxic environment for the chance to do better is a good idea.

Are you being serious or is this bait?

>I can't think of a single war in American history that benefited anybody except a few politicians and businessmen.

Then you are clearly not thinking. Go read Clausewitz or Machiavelli or something.

>I can't think of a single war in American history that benefited anybody except a few politicians and businessmen.
American Revolution
Mexican American War
American Civil War
WW2
Korean War
Invasion of Grenada
Invasion of Panama

I bet you're one of those retards who never contributed to an IRA while in and didn't use his GI Bill but still expects people to give them discounts just for jacking it behind the motor pool for 4 years.

1.(Image) Because its my last option if I don't wanna be this guy in my mid 20s.

2.I'm okay with fighting for oil and muh corporations.
3.I would get a chance to be stationed in a non-middle eastern shithole(Like Japan or South Korea.)
4.I like military cuz I think it's cool.
5. I am okay with painting a muzzie village red with my machine gun.
To ensure I don't end up on the streets, that's why I'd rather go Air force because I wanna get a nice tech job(that niggers can't earn) that'll benefit me when I transition to civilian life.

I joined to kill and get college money for it , had a blast , 10/10 would do again !

black people might have something to say about one of those

>caring what niggers think

seriously though, are you implying that niggers would have rather remained in bondage? because no matter how you slice it one of the end results of the war was freeing niggers from bondage, are you saying they would have disagreed with that?

just kill them all desu

>I am okay with painting a muzzie village red with my machine gun
>Airforce

*niggers

I wish I didn't know what this was a reference to.

>Why do soldiers willingly volunteer to serve the interests of a government that cynically uses them and then leaves them broken and homeless?
Some for the money, others for adventure, and then a lot whom are tricked by propaganda.

Mexican-American war was not only the most justified war in America's history, but one of the most justified war of all time. The war of Mexican aggression benefited everybody, in fact the only people it didn't benefit were the politicians and businessmen. The tyrant Abraham Lincoln ranted and raved about the righteous conflict to his dying, corrupt breath.

Other justified American wars include the Barbary Wars, WWII and Korea.
All the Japanese had to do was pull troops out of Manchuria but instead they started a raging shit fit and attacked us. The Barbary pirates attacked us as well, during a truce even. What we did for Korea was ultimately righteous as you can see by the difference between the current North and South.

While I agree with the theme of your post the problem is you've taken it to an extreme. Whilst serving your country isn't in your best interest and wars tend to benefit the elite, you can serve for interests other than your government and not all wars benefit the elite.

Because I want to do operator ass shit.
I don’t care if I’m doing it for apple

People do lots of stupid shit everyday. For example, inhaling cancer sticks. People making money of of you killing yourself.

Military has access to endless amount of citizens money, so it's a type of welfare and job for the poor. Also media makes guns and war cool, so that draws in the non poor too.

For the military to work, you only need 1% of the pop. to be actively a part of it, and that's easily manageable. No matter the society, even in a utopia, there will be a 1% that are outliers.

Air Force TACP instead.

>American Revolution
British rule actually wasn't that bad. Nothing was gained from this war. If anything, American independence only prolonged slavery.
>Mexican American War
Primarily benefited Southern planters who wanted to take their slaves into Texas, which had been free soil under Mexican rule.
>American Civil War
Utterly destroyed the South and put the North in major debt. Was not necessary to end slavery. Only benefited industrialists and carpetbaggers who exploited the South.
>WW2
Left half the world under communism. Had no benefit to the average American whatsoever.
>Korean War
>Invasion of Grenada
>Invasion of Panama
Wars fought trying to undo communism, which had been spread by the USA in WW2.
What good is an IRA or GI bill if you're dead?
>fighting for oil
The millitary squanders vast amounts of oil, far more than the US has ever acquired by waging war.
>Mexican-American war was not only the most justified war in America's history, but one of the most justified war of all time. The war of Mexican aggression benefited everybody, in fact the only people it didn't benefit were the politicians and businessmen. The tyrant Abraham Lincoln ranted and raved about the righteous conflict to his dying, corrupt breath.
You're being sarcastic, right?
>All the Japanese had to do was pull troops out of Manchuria but instead they started a raging shit fit and attacked us
You're changing the subject. I'm talking about the fact that wars do not benefit the people who fight them. Working class Americans in the 1930s had no interest whatsoever in Manchuria.

>You're being sarcastic, right?
Fuck no. America was objectively in the right in the Mexican-American war. I can't imagine how you would see it otherwise unless you were a super nationalistic Mexican and/or a historical revisionist.
God bless Polk.

>You're changing the subject. I'm talking about the fact that wars do not benefit the people who fight them. Working class Americans in the 1930s had no interest whatsoever in Manchuria.
They had an interest whatsoever in not getting bombed by the Japs. We went to war over Pearl Harbor, not over Manchuria.

>Fuck no. America was objectively in the right in the Mexican-American war. I can't imagine how you would see it otherwise unless you were a super nationalistic Mexican and/or a historical revisionist.
>God bless Polk.
I dislike Mexicans, but the justification for the Mexican American war seems pretty flimsy to me. Mexico allowed Americans to immigrate to Mexico, but the Americans wanted to keep their slaves, which was against the law. They illegally formed the Republic of Texas, literally putting a gun to Santa Anna's head to force him to sign the peace treaty. Then they tried to move the border from the Nueces to the Rio Grande. If you have any argument other than "might makes right" for why the US could invade and annex half of Mexico, I'd like to hear it.
>They had an interest whatsoever in not getting bombed by the Japs. We went to war over Pearl Harbor, not over Manchuria.
And why do you think the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor? For fun? Pearl Harbor was totally avoidable. That pinko Roosevelt was already waging an undeclared war against Japan by running a naval blockade against them.

Your post is proof why the working class should never be in control. Learn 2 geopolitics moron.

>Learn 2 geopolitics moron
And who do you think benefits from that?

The nation as a whole. Trade is protected, foreign interests are protected, and competition is held off. It benefits you, that America is a super power. Globalization, defended by American fire power. I mean, you could whine about morality of all this, but that’s gay.

The Mexicans INVITED the Americans to immigrate. It wasn't an overnight process of kicking them out. They tried to uproot farmers and families.
Texas won the Texas war of Independence, Mexico didn't accept that. Texas wanted to be annexed by America while Mexico still saw Texas as it's own land, even when it wasn't.
Not only that but the people living on the Mexican land we (righteously) conquered got to be US citizens, so their quality of life and country objectively improved for the better. Every single person benefited from it except politicians like Lincoln and Santa Anna. It was the people's war.

>And why do you think the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor? For fun? Pearl Harbor was totally avoidable. That pinko Roosevelt was already waging an undeclared war against Japan by running a naval blockade against them.
Pfft, seriously? Guess what bud, the Brits were our allies and were at war with the Japanese. They were laying pressure on us. All the Japanese had to do was pull troops out of Manchuria, they didn't need to bomb Pearl Harbor, renegotiating was an option they decided against.
"Pearl Harbor was totally avoidable"? Sure if we were willing to cut ties with the Brits, let the Japanese continue to commit crimes against humanity that even their own Axis allies opposed, and basically just unconditionally give the Japs everything they wanted.
We didn't let ourselves get totally screwed over so the Japs chimped out and bombed Pearl Harbor and Hawaii. War with the Japanese was what Roosevelt was trying to avoid, so it wasn't a war for the interests of politicians.

>he fell for the "the state is the people" marxist meme

Read "Anatomy of the State", it's like 50 pages. I did it in 20 minutes, it shouldn't take you more than 3 hours. :^)

>They tried to uproot farmers and families
For illegally owning slaves.
>Texas won the Texas war of Independence
Again, your only argument is "might makes right."
>Mexico didn't accept that.
Governments generally don't accept it when criminals try to usurp the government's authority.
>people living on the Mexican land we (righteously) conquered got to be US citizens, so their quality of life and country objectively improved for the better
Not really. Being a US citizen is desirable today because of gibsmedat, but there was no gibsmedat in the 1840s. Mexicans who had been living there were not well liked by Americans, and discrimination against them became common until the 1950s.
>It was the people's war
If "the people" excludes Mexicans, Native Americans, slaves, and working class whites who couldn't afford slaves, then yes.
>Brits were our allies and were at war with the Japanese
So what? Why should Americans die for the British government?
>Sure if we were willing to cut ties with the Brits, let the Japanese continue to commit crimes against humanity that even their own Axis allies opposed, and basically just unconditionally give the Japs everything they wanted.
There was no need to "give" the Japs anything. Just leave them alone.
>War with the Japanese was what Roosevelt was trying to avoid
Blockading another country, which Roosevelt had already done before Pearl Harbor, is an act of war, so it was Roosevelt who started the war.

Why are you giving me so many (You)s per post? This isn't how you reply.

>Again, your only argument is "might makes right."
Wrong, Texas won meaning Texas had a right to vote to be annexed. Not only that, but the people of Texas wanted independence from the Mexican Government anyway, so it most certainly was the people's will against those of politicians regardless.

>Not really. Being a US citizen is desirable today because of gibsmedat, but there was no gibsmedat in the 1840s
How's about a country that's successful, prosperous and free and not a bandit ridden unstable shithole?

>If "the people" excludes Mexicans, Native Americans, slaves, and working class whites who couldn't afford slaves, then yes.
Mexicans not living in the Texas area wouldn't have been affected since even Mexicans in the Texas area wanted independence, why were Santa Ana's soldiers fighting for the Mexican Government, the interests of politicians?
Your stances seem to swap from anti to pro government with every sentence you make.

>So what? Why should Americans die for the British government?
Americans weren't dying but it was a reason we were trying to negotiate with the Japanese

>There was no need to "give" the Japs anything. Just leave them alone.
There was no need to give Japs anything, that's why we shouldn't have left them alone.

>Blockading another country, which Roosevelt had already done before Pearl Harbor, is an act of war, so it was Roosevelt who started the war.
Ridiculous and unfounded, not even Japanese nationalists see the blockade as the start of the war.

war creates technology

>Why are you giving me so many (You)s per post? This isn't how you reply.
If you highlight text and click the post ID, it automatically puts the text in the text box without the need to copy and paste.
>Wrong, Texas won meaning Texas had a right to vote to be annexed
In other word, might makes right.>How's about a country that's successful, prosperous and free and not a bandit ridden unstable shithole?
You are thinking of today. We are talking about the 1840s. Most Americans and Mexicans back then lived on small farms or worked in light industry in small towns. They had little to no direct interaction with the government.
>Mexicans in the Texas area wanted independence
Only a few of them. Most Mexicans living in the Southwest were indifferent to politics for the reasons mentioned above.
>why were Santa Ana's soldiers fighting for the Mexican Government, the interests of politicians?
My argument applies to them as well as to American soldiers.
>Americans weren't dying but it was a reason we were trying to negotiate with the Japanese
300,000 of them died in that war.
>There was no need to give Japs anything, that's why we shouldn't have left them alone.
Not an argument.
>Ridiculous and unfounded, not even Japanese nationalists see the blockade as the start of the war.
Then they're wrong. It is a well established fact of international law that the sea is open to shipping. Neutral states cannot blockade other countries. To do so makes them belligerents.

Still not a reason to go die on a battlefield.

Your fucked post structure hurts my head, my points are going right over yours, you're not making historical sense and are contradicting yourself.
I'm done, you "win".

Of course the state isn’t the people, yet you can’t be that stupid to say that the great unwashed doesn’t benefit from living in the one superpower of the world, and the population of its allies as well. Good thing the people are not the state, can you imagine letting the genetic rejects that slither in Walmart in charge of anything?

Might makes right is the only right.

how else am i going to get paid to explode brown people?

>The civil war didn't benefit anyone

What the literal fuck

Right here, the maintaining of a hegemony assures that youre the boot, and not the licker. As for going to war, Not my cup of tea, but if people want to risk death for a few gibs, steadt pay, and education, fine by me.

While Korea was a good purpose, thousands of young men were killed unnecessarily due to MacArthur when the Chinese BTFOd us.

>What good is an IRA or GI bill if you're dead?

You do realize the odds of dying in combat are focking minuscule right? The odds of being killed are higher as a burger flipper or convenience store clerk in any major city are higher.

>patriotism
>blind patriotism
>lack of money/way to pay for education.
I wholeheartedly agree with you OP, but those are the main reasons. I don't think our military is used for much good nowadays

Justification was "muh manifst destiny" and it was utter bullshit in my opinion. We viewed our ideals and culture as stronger than than theirs, and that we had an obligation to spread it.
Also, like user pointed out they did invite us to immigrate there and farm, however there were terms we didn't follow. They wanted us to practice their form of religion and learn their language (huh, sound familiar?), and we refused. Our refusal caused tension to the point of them telling us to pack our shit, which is when we got assblasted and a war broke out.
>tl;dr if a country lets you immigrate on certain terms, just follow them.

More importantly, at least in our case major wars cause drastic power and industry shifts. WW2 was a tragic mes, but it's the reason we are so powerful today.

>Chinese BTFOd us.
Odd, we are still in korea. If anything, the Chinese sperged out on a UN force with a million troops and STILL could not expel them.

>everyone ITT thinks every solider fights

Silly, silly faggots.

>great unwashed doesn’t benefit from living in the one superpower of the world
But they don't. The happiest people are those living in small, peaceful countries. The Soviet Union was a superpower too, but it was a squalid place to live.
It didn't. Every other country except Haiti abolished slavery peacefully.
That's true only in peacetime or when the enemy is very weak. If the USA had to fight another full scale war, joining the military would be much riskier, and the benefits would be reduced to fund the war effort.
>They wanted us to practice their form of religion and learn their language (huh, sound familiar?),
Those were minor issues compared to slavery.

Because I wanted to kill people. I'm not memeing or being edgy, I just legit wanted to see if I could kill another person. I did.

And if you think we're all broken, homeless wrecks who can't assimilate back into society, you're wrong as shit. Laughably so.
>do 8 years innaArmy
>deploy twice, make e5
>skate last 3 years
>save shit ton of money because lolsinglesoldier
>Get out
>get paid to go to college
>have boring Security job that pays for funs and vidya on 3rd shift
>fuck college thots regularly because I have my own place
>have the best dog ever
>have enough money saved to pay cash for a home once I graduate
Living the fucking dream boys. You just gotta know how to not be a retard.

>And if you think we're all broken, homeless wrecks who can't assimilate back into society, you're wrong as shit. Laughably so.
You served during (relative) peacetime. Throughout American history, most soldiers have not been so lucky. Being military is all fun and games until a real war starts. Try fighting a war where the odds are not lopsided in your favor.

OP is correct and has been making good arguments throughout this thread so far.

I mean, yeah in the end we won. But when they first spilled over the river they literally eradicated several units of troops, that's what I was referring to.

Yeah slavery was the biggest part. I'm on Mexico's side in terms of who was in the right, because we literally obliged to none of their terms they set. But that being said, they shouldn't have welcomed us Yankee bastards without knowing damn well we don't listen to other countries lmao so part of it is on them still in my opinion.

They knew what they were signing up for. As for why war, it depends. War in of itself is evil. But theres more to a war than just the concept of war, because God chooses heroes to fight in many wars. Making it just. Imagine if there wasn' a Roman Empire to conquer Europe, they'd still be tribes. Same with the Americas.