Young hero or mature hero

Young hero or mature hero
Which type do you like?

Well written hero

well written hero, so neither of those two.

An hero.

Jesus

Typically mature heroes. Much less whiny and more often capable of making the tough choices.

*Bad guy keeps coming back, almost kills them*
Young hero: "No! We don't have to fight! We can save him to!!!"
Mature hero: "Fuck it." *bang*

no hero

Depends on the story. Though one thing I like about mature heroes is that they usually succeed through cunning and determination instead of the power of love and friendship.

> one thing I like about mature heroes is that they usually succeed through cunning and determination

I like you.

hero to zero

mature
ain't even a contest

Anti-Hero

Immature older protagonist > *

I can't self insert with high school kids or competent people.

guts was a good mature hero. ed & alphonse were good young heroes (but don't work as well alone).

shimazu toyohisa was a boring mature hero. kirito was a godawful young hero.

really just depends on the writer.

shimazu toyohisa in drifters that is. personally i don't know jack shit about feudal japan. maybe he was a cool guy.

a real hero

The only people who could see Onii-sama as a hero are the people who jack off the Atlas Shrugged. Or anyone braindead enough to unironically enjoy the most boring, soulless and tensionless anime of the decade.

A gentleman

This is such a non-answer.

Got you mates.

Mature rather than spoil brat kid

I like well written heroes that aren't gary stues

Child Hero.

Young adult hero

and a real human bean

Hero who's canonically young for the kids' sake, but clearly in fact like mid-20's at a minimum so it's not dumb.

This is the only correct answer

well, tbf Nobunaga stole most of the show

this is my best hero

mah nigga.

Young hero who matures as the story progresses

But he ruined everything.

Anything with character progression, young hero because they are more flexible in allegiances, perspectives, etc, due to not having lived long. I guess the best word is "pliable" if it makes sense?

Generally I like mature heroes over younger ones. But as long as its well written, I can dig both.

Though best of both worlds tier is
>Young hero that eventually turns into mature hero

yeah, I was playing through Nier and the brother character in the JP version makes way more sense than the old man they put in the other version since theirs a 5 year skip in the game that makes way more sense for a teenager to have then a 40 year old man