Does Sup Forums like uncle Go?

Does Sup Forums like uncle Go?

everyone likes based uncle Go

I've never actually read any of his manga. I have seen some of the anime based on them and I've enjoyed them to various degrees. I think Getter Robo Armageddon might be my favorite that I've seen.

Getter Robo was Ishikawa Ken's work Go just helped him out by helping it get published and giving him tips most notably making the Getter Jets instead of the cars he originally planned

He's not a meme like Miyazaki or Tomino so Sup Forums for the most part doesn't care.

Love his work. Too bad he can't end some stories properly. Susanoo had some great build up, with almost a thousand pages of work, only for it to "end," abruptly.

Can we talk about how shitty Arc was instead, and how we'll never get proper closure?

ITT: a lot of italians.

He's pretty much the happiest out of the old guard.

Perhaps because the way he handled manga was the way the anime industry went.

Fun fanservice in the midst of edge.

Yes, OG Mazinger is unironically one of my favorite giant robot designs.

Nigga, Uncle Go's responsible for shit ton of the stuff that eventually become memes here.
Ever complained about ecchi shit? The guy's the one who pushed for a bunch of lewd shit in his time.
Ever complained about edgy shit? The guy's works can get pretty damn edgy when it needs to.

That only makes him a meme by proxy.

>the happiest
No that's definitely Kawamori.

Or maybe it's because a significantly large portion of Sup Forums have never touched his works. A lot of the bullshit meme "criticisms" thrown around here applies to a lot of his works as well.

Tomino seems to still have fun if Greco is any indication

>that part in the grendizer manga where the badguy stole a mazinger and strapped children all around the exterior so every time he got hit kids would fucking die
Modern mangaka wish they were half as edgy as this mother fucker

Im still mad at the cliffhanger of Shin Mazinger

Sequel when

This, Tomino gained his reputation for being depressed and killing everyone but he actually seems pretty happy these days. Or even much earlier, Turn A wasn't nearly as half as dark as his UC stuff.

Not every jii-san is Miyazaki-tier bitter.

Romix last year was insane

>HE STARTS PUNCHING WITH THE KIDS STILL STRAPPED TO HIS FIST
Jesus Christ Go

He's the reason Eva exists, so yes

Half the reason. Miyazaki being the other half.

He's getting pretty cuhrayzee lately