German navy has zero working subs

At lease you have Islam and diversity!

Das boot ist kaputt: German navy has zero working subs
Spare parts shortage, collision damage have sidelined entire sub fleet.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/das-boot-ist-kaputt-german-navy-has-zero-working-subs/

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-10-22/aircraft-carriers-are-the-navy-s-sitting-ducks
youtube.com/watch?v=Pc49Zot93QQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_aircraft#List_of_stealth_aircraft
youtube.com/watch?v=tyUh_xSjvXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We don't need subs,. We have you, Onii-san.

America needs to 'lease' us some military equipment so we can destroy them before they rearm.

Germany doesnt need to build that many subs because it will soon control 6 subs built by the french, 8 Italian attack subs, 4 Dutch, and 3 Spanish. Can't recall Greece's numbers and subtracted the UK

Not for long. We hate arabs.

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhht.

Subs are absolutely useless in the age of modern fighter jets. So are aircraft carriers.

These things would get destroyed within seconds by an airfleet of F-22 raptors with precision-guided missiles carrying large payloads. Aircraft carriers do not fare well in war simulations against aircraft themselves, so imagine what a shitty little submarine would do.

It's gonna be so much fun to 'mers el kebir' the whole EU fleet.

Germany (all of Europe) is becoming such a fucking joke.

Can fighter jets really take out subs that easily?

Don't worry. Their replacements have arrived and they are there to stay.

Welcome to the club.

Fuck off Bernd,

the only reason you guys can pay social medicine is because our military cucked themselves to you.

lol
modern subs fuck everything

No, he's just an idiot

They can if they can get within range. Fighter jets have the added benefit of being practically untouchable by SAM.

Why do they need subs when we protect all of Europe? Germany is our puppet state, they don’t need any subs

Good that is one less sub we have to sink when they turn into a caliphate

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-10-22/aircraft-carriers-are-the-navy-s-sitting-ducks

Subs can be located and destroyed. Just like aircraft carriers.

pls no

I got a submarine contract in the navy, and I'm shipping out to basic in a couple weeks.

>German navy has zero working subs
Very good coincidence since British subs are fucked up as well.
Perfect timing for Russia to attack.

You know how fighters get into most combat situations, aircraft carriers you Fucking retard, and you know what destroys those? Subs you giant douche

Learn to take a joke, you autist. And don't worry. We won't be relying on you for much longer. But you won't like that either. There's no winning with you.

>cannot and will never be able to stop migration
It's all so tiresome

>aircraft carriers you Fucking retard
Or you can launch them from land. Why put all of your eggs in one basket?

All it takes to completely take every life on an aircraft carrier is a single bomb carrying a payload of 40+ tons TNT. We have bombs that large now. You can fly a F-35 raptor equipped with one bomb that large and completely destroy a fleet of aircraft carriers.

Of course, you don't fly a single aircraft into your enemy's base. You fly a swarm of them.

lightning*

Germany is a Germanic population even if there’s some Muslims in there cities, they are our people and we must protect them at all costs, there economy is great and they should be a great ally, they just need more public support of a strong military and should stop cucking themselves over there history

Nah, I Like to see a strong Germany.

Good things tend to happen.

Pretty sure Germany has the most working subs out of everyone, given their refugee policy.

Are you literally retarded or just pretending?

Who taught you about military theory and force projection? /ck/?

Who has an F-35 that would possibly wanna take out one of our carriers? Even Russia’s top jets or even chinas shitty copy cats wouldn’t be able to touch a carrier group.

Is that counting the subs in Antarctica?

>fly a swarm into enemy base
he's talking about command n conquer

Serious question: How many European nations are currently open to hostile invasion due to shit like this??

Oh wait

All of them, because it's currently happening at the rate of thousands per month

rip in peace

Hahahaha enjoy rotten Groton Connecticut for BESS. What's your rate?

Fucking useless

Subs are the only thing that makes MAD possible.

Subs can't really into land-battle, so this isn't really relevant to Russia's military doctrine.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pc49Zot93QQ

The government has known aircraft carriers are a liability for some time now. The only reason the military industrial complex keeps making them is because they have a symbiotic relationship with the government. It's all a giant kickback scheme. It's graft.

Not true. We have satellites armed with nuclear weapons.

Nuke.

4 years of college helped.

Oh yeah Islam is the problem, not the treasonous kike government they've had since 1945.

Go fuck yourself shill.

Nuclear subs are just roaming around the world with enough payload to destroy the planet. And not just USA and Russia.

He's full of shit

Nuclear subs can sit off the coast of a country thousands of miles away undetected for months and launch thier demise faster than anything besides space based systems which may or may not even exist yet.

It's expensive and esoteric maybe, but the USA isn't some poor Muslim country that can't afford.

Launch codes or or didn’t happen.

Carriers are essential for the world police. How else can you brign a sustained air superiority to a ferign superpower?

>How else can you brign a sustained air superiority to a ferign superpower?
Not by aircraft carriers. They'll all get sunk pretty quick by stealth fighter jets. All aircraft not launched will go down with the ship, along with all those who haven't evacuated on life boats.

That's all nice and well on paper, but carriers don't travel alone, and I doubt anythign is stealth to US tech.

Nigger, your comics are not correct depictions of reality. Nuclear weapons in space are strictly forbidden.

Our whole Military is a meme
Pretty much no vehicle really works , no ammunition for training but hey alteast its a family friendly place :^)

>burger education
Except that you need aircraft carriers to
get the F22's halfway across the world dumbass.

I hope that's what you actually wanted. Recruiters try to push nuke on anyone who scores over a 70 on the asvab.
You're going to catch a lot of shit since nukes are kind of a meme. You'll want to murder people who tell you to "stop nuking" (overthinking) shit after the first thousand times... there's tons of shit tier jokes that you're the ass end of.

There's a number of them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_aircraft#List_of_stealth_aircraft

Most utilize speed to stay off radars.

And stealth isn't even necessary. Fighter pilots acting off orders from upper command always compete in dick measuring contests by flying over other country's aircraft carriers. This happens bi-yearly or so and it's always a big news-story.

One day, one of those jets might be specially equipped with a large payload. BAM! Thousands dead, billions of dollars down the drain... or should I say, billions of dollars in the pockets of the military industrial complex.

>German navy has zero working subs

Damn shame... What happened to all of those immigrant doctors and engineers?

>russia
We all know Putin put nukes in orbit.

>what are U.S. military bases
DUHRHRHR

>Most utilize speed to stay off radars.
Jesus Christ dude where do you get your info from?

>being this dumb in 2017
So how'd they get there again? Oh that's
right, aircraft carriers.
you should have been aborted.

Begone neophyte! Men are talking

Yeah, I kinda realized that after i got the rate.

Once I got a 92, I was "LOOOOL I"MMA L33T, SO SMART" but now, I realized that any retard with a 11th grade education and some workshop knowledge can get a 90+

Most nukes in my dep are autistic spergs, and now I wish I got MM or something.

I know i'm going to get bullied because I do have a habit of over thinking, stemmed from 3 years of working at a BMW dealership repair shop.

>So how'd they get there again? Oh that's
>right, aircraft carriers.
Many were born on foreign soil... some flew there... I'm not saying there's NO NEED for sea travel, just that carrying our aircraft on big boats out in the ocean probably isnt the brightest idea

>Subs are absolutely useless in the age of modern fighter jets.

Subs can hide where they are completely and launch nuclear missiles. Aircraft carriers can, are, and have been used to project force if their utility in an outright world war is more limited.

Small nukes can be dropped from fighter jets. Non-nuclear bombs with larger payloads can also be dropped if the aircraft are specially equipped.

Also, being detected isn't much of an issue if you can't be touched.

Speed had nothing to do with whether or not it showed on radar. Radar reduction technology is related to shape and construction materials, speed amplified them by giving radars and by association SAMs less time to get a firing solution once they did pick it up on radar by simple fact of having a smaller envelop of engagement.

Stealth and speed have no relation at all, and the SR-71 wasn't even particularly stealthy. It showed up on radar quite easily, later craft built up on the ideas and tech to become actually stealthy.

>Many were born on foreign soil
Eh.....no. They are made in Bathesda MD.
by Lockheed Martin.
>aircraft carriers.
>big boat in the middle of the ocean
yeah, again, carrying F22's. so, not in any
danger really.

Yes you could probably get nukes past an enemy without subs but nonetheless submarines which can go for months undetected near your waters with nuclear missiles are a somewhat difficult threat to deal and help ensure the effectiveness of nuclear weapons.

>Speed had nothing to do with whether or not it showed on radar
Whether they can be tracked or effectively fired upon, well that's another story... but keep knocking down straw men.

lol my exact thoughts when reading his comment

Jews did this

All the nukes I've met are autistic as fuck. One nuke on my boat was 6'7" and tried to overdose on cough syrup.
It's not too late to change your rate, your recruiter will try to tell you that you can't because they get a bonus for signing up nukes.

MM is a good job but they are known as knuckle draggers. Pretty much every rate has their set of injokes among the others. ET radio is a good autistic rate, I got a 12k signup bonus and don't have to interact with very many people because you have a big "keep the fuck out" sign on the radio room door.

>make germany the snake in the creation myth of modern culture
>rip the country in half, destroy their national pride to the point where german politicians are seriously debating wether germany should even be allowed to have a military
>occupy them for 70+ years, cucking generations and force them to accept your form of government
>german mentality has gone from learning to throw hand grenades in school a hundred years ago to "nie wieder deutschland"
>taunt them about their cucked military on a mongolian eagle hunting forum

bully

>They are made in Bathesda MD.
by Lockheed Martin.
I was unaware LM had begun manufacturing humans!

>yeah, again, carrying F22's. so, not in any
danger really.
Are you aware of how modern air battles are fought? Study the Falklands war. Aircraft are incredibly hard to take down. By the time you take one aircraft down, 10 more will have landed critical hits on your stupid aircraft carrier, killing thousands.

We'll have thousands of nukes in orbit soon. This is all tiresome.

You literally said and I quote
>Most utilize speed to stay off radars
which is incorrect and at best, a simple misunderstanding of how radar works. It doesn't matter how fast or slow a craft is whether or not it pings on radar. The only thing it will change is how often it pings if the radar picks it up.

The SR-71 wasn't particularly good at not getting detected. It was locked onto many times during the Cold War, both by the Russians and our allies, Finland is of note here as they acquired firing solutions multiple times when tracking it.

Which is why no successor craft to the SR-71 was ever made. The craft, while extremely, fast, was still limited in how fast it could go without breaking up due to its size. its size and need for speed also made it quite difficult to attain a truly low RCS for. Modern stealth aircraft are not particularly fast. In fact, they're rather slow comparatively, so no, your statement that stealth aircraft use speed to stay off radar is simply wrong. They use their stealth to stay off radar. Speed is used to minimize radar exposure as well as altitude, but neither has any direct relation to stealth.

It's okay to be wrong but please stop saying stupid shit you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I got offered a 20k sign on bonus though, and I ship the 10th of Jan.

I have my autistic moments, like my anime and video game hobbies. But i'm mostly a grease monkey, and have no problem around women or people.

This. US is obligated to defend germany and send their entire fleet. Why do you think german navy has so low budget. Want to meet a carrier fleet group muslims. In hellmode there won't be a single muslim left in a short while. Also less for the muslims to attempt to take over.

This is just a pedantic argument. You've been relegated to picking apart my choice of words instead of the intention behind my statements.

>The SR-71 wasn't particularly good at not getting detected. It was locked onto many times during the Cold War, both by the Russians and our allies
And NEVER ONCE taken down, proving again that aircraft are more cost-effective weapons than aircraft carriers and assault ships!

also the sr-71 never "broke up" and it had a great radar cross section. you are an imbecile lol

we give our old used worn out shit to Canada and the UK

>US never made anything better than sr-71 (60's-70's).
HAHA. Area 52.

I take it you've never been part of some ASW training. I have.

Submariners are a nerdy and redpilled group, you'll fit in fine. In the barracks in 08 we had D&D games and there were plenty of weeaboos. GL

Your choice of words completely changes the meaning of your argument, it's not pedantic, you are literally saying incorrect things then falling back on the fact you meant to say the right things. But you still said the wrong thing, so either get pedantic or stop pretending you understand this topic you clearly have not put more than a couple hours of "research" into.

And I'm going to guess half your research was playing Black Ops II.
>and never once taken down
That's because it was a Cold War not a Hot War you fucking mong. The Russians had firing solutions on multiple occasions, they never shot because shooting down an aircraft is an act of war.

No it never did break up, however, and let me repeat myself, its speed was still limited because a craft of that size has a hard limit on how fast it can go before it would break up. The SR-71 was a speed demon to be sure, but it still wasn't even half as fast as many of the missiles of the time. Meaning all those times a firing solution was acquired it was as good as dead should they hit the kill switch.
>it had a great radar cross section

It sure did, only 10ft. Absolutely fantastic for the time. Absolutely ineffective against modern radar of the time as well except at the very far edges of their detection range.

This is like someone who played duck hunt once challenging a world champion fast-draw shooter to a duel. Your training simulator is completely irrelevant.

War simulators developed by scientists to simulate ACTUAL WARS (and not glamourized self-defense situations you were prepared to deal with) show the ineffectiveness of aircraft carriers. Sorry dipshit!

>carrier group would get destroyed by aircraft
He doesn't know about the lasers.
youtube.com/watch?v=tyUh_xSjvXQ old tech.

I mean, I'm just talking stuff we know exists. It's possible although not probable that there was some black budget successor craft.
The problems with the Blackbird was again, the speed cap it had. So unless the government has some kind of super material either to make engines super tiny or the airframe super sturdy you can't get much faster than the Blackbird and still stay in atmosphere. You could possibly make it stealthier, I mean now you certainly could make a stealthy Blackbird by all accounts.

>Not by aircraft carriers. They'll all get sunk pretty quick by stealth fighter jets.
That's for competent militaries.
Aircraft carriers are excellent to keep durka countries at check.

I wonder how all of this fits together.
Our politicians tell us all the time that we will need to engage more in the future, even militarily. They tell us how they will raise the budget for the Bundeswehr yet all you hear is that shit is falling apart.

>Your choice of words completely changes the meaning of your argument, it's not pedantic
You said, and I quote,
>Speed is used to minimize radar exposure as well as altitude
So your argument is literally
>It MINIMIZES radar exposure but it doesn't mitigate it ENTIRELY
It's so fussy and idiotic.

>That's because it was a Cold War not a Hot War you fucking mong. The Russians had firing solutions on multiple occasions, they never shot because shooting down an aircraft is an act of war.
IT WAS FIRED AT HUNDREDS OF TIMES! LOL You're simply out of your depth here.

>No it never did break up, however, and let me repeat myself
Let me do that for you. You're a slippery little cocksucker
>was still limited in how fast it could go without breaking up due to its size
So you're saying it had limitations in regards to physics, like any other solid matter? Great. Thanks for clearing that up.

>It sure did, only 10ft. Absolutely fantastic for the time
Here's the contradiction
>its size and need for speed also made it quite difficult to attain a truly low RCS

You present better arguments against your own points than I do.

>user cannot into reading comprehension.

That fucking cap you posted is literally talking about how the SR-71's greatest protection was speed. The SR was and is not a stealth plane it's a fucking recon plane. Radar detection in relation so speed are completely unrelated.

>Aircraft carriers are excellent to keep durka countries at check.
AC-130 is better.

The sand is almost all the way out of that hour glass. It's much later than you think.

Should I highlight the relevant information for you or do you want to type some more cusswords to feel like you're contributing to the argument?

Buddy you're not maintaining stealth if you have a nuclear bomb in the bay. Radar profile will but like a sore thumb

Not if it's in a swarm of other fighter jets.

my recruiter warned me that they'd push hard to put me into the nuke program if I scored well. I just wanted to work sub weapon systems so I gaffed the test a little.

>I mean, I'm just talking stuff we know exists. It's possible although not probable that there was some black budget successor craft.
you think. After 40+ years? Here's what you need to think about, why are you still left talking about the sr-71 as it's the best thing. And then you don't know anything else. Maybe that's because they made a quantum leap that they keep ultra secret and don't even deploy in normal combat operations. So massive that it's secret for 40 years.
sr-71 first flew in 1964. Look up area 52. It's not a typo i didn't write area 51.

One can only hope.
I would like nothing more than to see all this shit coming down in my lifetime.

The only time the SR-71 was shot at was by the North Koreans uses SAMs that didn't have sufficient altitude to reach it.
The meme that the SR-71 could "outrun" missiles is simply fiction and hearsay that has gotten around. It's a myth, it's untrue. Surface to air missiles are made to do one thing. Shoot down an aircraft. They do this by being fast as fuck, and because they're small and thin they have far better structural integrity than aircraft do, thus they can fly a lot faster. They also don't need to save any fuel for the return trip so afterburner=yes.

>it minimizes radar exposure
Yes. It does not affect radar detection in any way, it merely minimizes the time the radar can ping it.
10ft is good, it's not enough to avoid detection, this is not contradictory in any way. It is in fact a praise of how good the RCS was at the time, but radars of the time could detect objects with as small an RCS of 5ft. The size and due to the speed requirement, the size could not be modified, made it difficult to make the RCS any smaller.