Nothing burger happened after NN died

APOLOGIZE

Other urls found in this thread:

telecomsense.com/2017/10/note-net-neutrality-zombie-apo.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>redditfags
>not having the memory of a goldfish
Pick one

Changes over time take place to slowly strip freedoms, not at once. Thanks for showing you came here last year and know fucking nothing unless it's spouted by some e-celeb.

So what can we expect to happen in the next few years? Im genuinely curious as to what do you think the FCC will do to fuck us over.

holy shit btfo

>slowly strip freedoms
Freedoms like what?

>the only people who have been taking away freedom of speech are the kikes we just fucked over
Go on?

More and more layers of protection from monolithic ISP's are repealed, little by little said ISP's start restricting more and more until US Internet is as corporatized as possible. Look at US Gun Laws. Nobody out right started banning left and right, slowly but surely they've happened.

all the e-celebs were on the pro-nn bandwagon, nigger

Portugal after years of no net neutrality

One of the most obvious things is a corporate collusion between the few major players to charge those who can pay (Netflix, Amazon, Google) more to have their content prioritized over others.

"Hey, AT&T, Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, etc. here. Just wanted to let you know if you want Tier 1 speeds between your CDNs and your customers, you can pay a premium. This will help you (reduce future competition) and help us (line our pockets). It will prevent customers from every viably leaving your service."

Netflix, Amazon, Google: Cool, here's a sack of cash

Interesting new competitor: We're fucked.

>More and more layers of protection from monolithic ISP's are repealed
Like what? I want you to explain in detail exactly what you think got repealed.

that's a cell phone plan, and a waste of quads, you faggot

Hiroshimootles turned into a big fat botnetting phony

>services that customers are already subscribed to will become better
I fail to see the problem here.

Why do leftists and mainstream shit shill for NN? You know it is bad if the ((())) shills for them

For the last fucking time, that's a cell phone carrier.

>that's a cell phone plan

No, it isn't, but regardless, the same people who manage "cell phone" infrastructure are exactly who we're talking about.

That said, it's far less about the consumer seeing this than content providers.

"boy, NewService.com seems slow. I'll stick with Netflix."

This shit has been debunked so many times. It's embarrassing that people still post this myth.

telecomsense.com/2017/10/note-net-neutrality-zombie-apo.php

>>services that customers are already subscribed to will become better
>I fail to see the problem here.

They are unlikely to be "better," but it restricts competition. You don't see the problem in artificially restricting competition? Pretty dumb.

Also we're getting fucked in the Internet by Jewgle, Jewtube and Faceberg anyway. NN getting repealed would scare them a little, right?

aaah yes, niggers who don't know how to read:

TELEMOVEL, MESSAGING

You fucking retard

>NN getting repealed would scare them a little, right?

The exact opposite. It would guarantee that they can squash competition with their money (that nobody else has).

It says to them "we can pay to remain at the top."

not yet, but I know those shekelers at verizon and comcast are working something up for you guys

>aaah yes, niggers who don't know how to read:

You are not very smart. Look at the people who own the infrastructure in the U.S. They are "cell phone" providers. These are the people who have the ability to provide "fast lanes" to the companies that pony up.

Literally every business deal hurts the competitors who were not involved in the deal. That's the very nature of a business deal, dumbass. What is your fucking argument- That we should ban business deals?

I think the thing that really worries me the most is corporate collusion, once it seeps in its very hard to get rid off. It really sounds like a nightmare user, do you have any ideas on what to do next? "Alt" Tech companies seem to be a viable way to combat this but Im open to something better.

It’s breaking down what you can fucking DO with the plan based on how many gigabytes your plan gives. Every phone company does this to dumb thing down for the layman.
>1 gigabyte plan - you can send messages with text and images
>5 gigabyte plan - good for if you read a lot of emails!
>10 gigabyte plan - great for Spotify
>20 gigabyte plan = great for movies and Netflix!
Dumb shitt

But will the money flow forever, these internet giants are operating at a deficit and censoring shit just alienates them from the customers. Nobody is paying if shit they created is shut down in a matter of seconds by this (((internet))) silicon giants.
Best we can hope is that (((they))) reduce the censorship and allow some breathing space if we want to spend money for them.

>Literally every business deal hurts the competitors who were not involved in the deal. That's the very nature of a business deal, dumbass. What is your fucking argument- That we should ban business deals?

By this wide-sweeping description, literally "anything" falls under the guise of "business deals," including collusion and anti-trust.

Be smarter than this. This provides incentives to reduce the choice of consumers and competitiveness of the market.

Fuck you're retarded. In the picture it says INTERNET on top and TELEMOVEL - the screenshot is for the TELEMOVEL part you damned faggot nigger

>It’s breaking down what you can fucking DO with the plan based on how many gigabytes your plan gives. Every phone company does this to dumb thing down for the layman.

You are looking at this backwards. The risk of losing net neutrality isn't consumer-facing. It's transparent to the consumer. They will just find services with power and money suddenly, artificially "better" than the competition.

The consumer loses.

Competition is not restricted

Also those are extra bundles for unlimited data on those services.

You’re creating this fantastical doomsday fantasy that exists nowhere but in your depraved little mind.

>Fuck you're retarded. In the picture it says INTERNET on top and TELEMOVEL - the screenshot is for the TELEMOVEL part you damned faggot nigger

Try to read. I'm very slowly trying to explain two things:

1) The people who own the infrastructure in the U.S. are "cell phone companies." Whether its your phone or home Internet is irrelevant. These deals happen upstream.

2) You won't be seeing a screen like this. It will be done without ever asking or showing you. Preferred services will get speed X, those who don't pay (read: new companies, competition) will get speed X-N.

Consumers lose. The only winners are those with money and power now. This cements that. That's the entire purpose.

[USER HAS INSUFFICENT FUNDS TO POST]

Why do faggots who favor NN always use this payment plans for fear mongering? At least bring up the benefits of NN not scaring people into wanting NN.
>hurrdurr if you ban NN you will pay all this shit
>thanks for your support for NN goy now we are gonna ban you for hate speech

There is literally nothing wrong with "fast lanes" you dumb Google drone. All services are organized into various QoS tiers. If you want a higher quality of service, you pay more. That's how the world works.

It's amazing how your masters managed to trick you into thinking basic economics is evil.

You just said it WAS NOT a "Telephone" plan you stupid worthless nigger:

You're making shit up again because the libtarded niggers around you brainwashed you into thinking Nigger Neutrality 2015 was the best thing that ever happened to the internet.

Now go KYS, nigger

>Competition is not restricted

Extraordinarily naive. Let's say I start a new video streaming service tomorrow. It's got features that blow away anything Youtube, Amazon, Netflix have to offer. I've gotten $5M in seed money, I've created the "killer app" service that benefits consumers.

My seed investors tell me I need to reach out to the ISPs.

The ISP cabal tells me "wow, what an amazing service, we love it. Now if you REALLY want to compete with Netflix, you'll want our Tier 1 network. That will cost $1M/mo to start."

You can't do that. You can't afford it. Your business is toast and Netflix is free to be inferior but own the market.

>You’re creating this fantastical doomsday fantasy that exists nowhere but in your depraved little mind.

This is not a reasoned nor logical response. Look at the history of these companies and you will see it littered with anti-consumer behavior.

I'm with the other guy... damn you are retarded. He's not even talking about the U.S. you dumb nigger, the whole discussion was about Portugal.

Please keep describing how you think it works. Go on. I love laughing at uneducated, doublenigger fucktards who drink their reddit kool aid and have babby's "muh free internet" tantrums on here.

>If you want a higher quality of service, you pay more.

Does not improve quality of service one iota. That's the fundamental flaw in your thinking.

>Consumers lose
Good to know that poorfaggots cannot post in the internet anymore. Internet should be a privilege not a right. Maybe reduce the amount of shitposts here even.
Money talks.

this is some "wew lad" tier irony here goys.

also, 'Net Neutrality' began in 2015. Amazingly, the internet existed before then. Because there literally have existed NN laws for decades. And they still exist. The only thing the Title II NN law did was give control of the internet to the government.
Actually, I just realized these facts won't help because you probably unironically support giving control of pretty much anything to the gubmint.

Trump tho amirite.

>He's not even talking about the U.S. you dumb nigger, the whole discussion was about Portugal.

No, the "whole discussion" is not about Portugal.

>Good to know that poorfaggots cannot post in the internet anymore. Internet should be a privilege not a right. Maybe reduce the amount of shitposts here even.
>Money talks.

Literally not how any of this works. At this point I have to assume this is just shill copypasta.

So is repealing NN good or bad in your opinion?

There are apps that pop up every fucking month that challenge the big companies who own the market. You know what happens when they realize a company is a great idea and could challenge them in the future? THEY BUY THEM. Your little app and the acquisition of it by a larger company just gave you a one way ticket to lamboland.

Get the fuck out of here.

yeah it's almost like it takes time for corporations to rewrite contracts

How can anyone be this fucking stupid?

Multiple people told him that the smartnet portugese screenshot was for cell phone service but this is his reply:

Fucking sub 85 IQ nigger

From Netflix' perspective, it definitely does. A dedicated communications path is always faster and more reliable than a packet-switched path. Do not even argue this with me because this is what I specialized in.

>Please keep describing how you think it works. Go on. I love laughing at uneducated, doublenigger fucktards who drink their reddit kool aid and have babby's "muh free internet" tantrums on here.

I have seen how it "works" first-hand. As has anyone who has followed the history of telecom in the United States. I don't know which telecom org pays you to post here but I hope they pay well.

Nope. Bastard(along with FCC) is getting sued by the states and he's being accused of obstruction of justice. He's fucked.

Falls under antitrust laws, especially as content providers develop more and more of their own infrastructure to save paying out to ISPs.

>You know what happens when they realize a company is a great idea and could challenge them in the future? THEY BUY THEM. Your little app and the acquisition of it by a larger company just gave you a one way ticket to lamboland.

You missed the most salient and crucial point. If they literally cannot challenge you by way of being restricted then why buy them? There's no longer an impetus to do so.

>Netflix, Google, Amazon, etc. has more money than the ISPs

They should buy them. Problem solved.

Then how do you propose breaking the monopoly? More government regulations? Only way is by encouraging free market shit by letting companies fuck each other.

>They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes.
>"A series of tubes" is a phrase coined originally as an analogy by then-United States Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to describe the Internet in the context of opposing network neutrality.[1] On June 28, 2006, he used this metaphor to criticize a proposed amendment to a committee bill. The amendment would have prohibited Internet service providers such as AT&T, Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Verizon Communications from charging fees to give some companies' data a higher priority in relation to other traffic.
I want underaged summerfags to leave.

>Multiple people told him that the smartnet portugese screenshot was for cell phone service but this is his reply:

Your brain is broken. The "cell phone services" own the internet infrastructure in the U.S.

Losing neutrality means they control access UPSTREAM not at the consumer level. That means we lose competitiveness and consumers lose.

If you don't get that you deserve the shit Internet that's coming your way.

My power level is well above reddit tier shit like NN. The government has controlled the internet for years. I mean, goys, remember that NSA thing? That brave undocumented immigrant Eduardo Snowden?

NN just would've made it easier for them to censor/spy and then be able to defend themselves if they were caught. Look no further than to the tactics used to get the bill passed in the first place. Totally legit, goys.

>They should buy them. Problem solved.

Why would they? This practically guarantees their dominance.

If antitrust laws work, then why hadn't Disney got split yet into smaller companies?

Because you offer some sort of new innovation that they want. Either that, or they want the people in that company to work for them.

Startups are not retarded, they know they can't compete directly with the established corporations. The whole point of a startup is to get bought out, which happens ALL THE TIME by the way. I would know because it happened to my father.

lethal leafing. how will they recover
strong argument btw

>NN just would've made it easier for them to censor/spy and then be able to defend themselves if they were caught.

No.

This makes absolutely 0 sense and everyone here reading this knows this. Removing NN does nothing to restrict the government's ability to spy or censor.

So they grab the ISPs by the balls and tell them "Don't fuck with our customers!".

You are so fucking retarded and if you didn't keep on digging yourself into a deeper hole I might actually have sympathy for you.

A business starts with a vision you nitwit. Whether it be an app or other services, the big companies are going to be interested what you can provide. You act as if NN is going to magically free up the playing field into this beautiful landscape where companies can frolick together and blow kisses to each other. That's not how capitalism works. That's not how any economic system works.

Because Disney doesn't go to court over it. Every time somebody pulls a class-action lawsuit, Disney settles out of court or runs them out of money and forces the case to disappear.

You left piece of shit they are not protections from Monopoly they are protections for monopolies they protect the monopolies they prevent competition from threatening the monopolies, aren't some fucking economics restrictions on the free market create a stagnant environment in other words businesses cannot arise to threaten the monopolies therefore it becomes the perfect environment for monopolies to form and continue to grow

absolutely the state of politics
>NO
>proceed to say literally exactly what i just said
but no, u wrong. NO. RACIST

>Nothing happened after NN died
I don't know about you, but since last week I can't watch a single YouTube film without having it being interrupted 5 - 10 times in between to fill the buffer because loading takes longer than viewing.

Ive been noticing some odd behaviors but could be something else.

So you were wrong about the portugal screenshot and now:

Wrong again, nigger shit-for-brains.

Who owns Cox Cable Network?
The parent company Cox Enterprises owns the company Cox Cable, also known as Cox Communications. They provide services such as digital television, digital video recorder, on demand and high speed internet.

Does Cox now provide cell phone service, you retarded nigger? How about Charter?

Please KYS, obama loving shit-eater on welfare

>Because you offer some sort of new innovation that they want. Either that, or they want the people in that company to work for them.
>Startups are not retarded, they know they can't compete directly with the established corporations.

One - the price of acquisition is largely based on perceived value tradeoffs. If they know you cannot viably compete it changes that dynamic.

Two - acquisitions often result in the acquired company just getting shelved.

Three - the reason why startups CAN compete with major companies is precisely because of the democratization of resources. NN codified the most critical part of that.

Yup. That's why negotiations with startups are quick as fuck. It's free fucking money and they know that when they start the business.

>You are so fucking retarded and if you didn't keep on digging yourself into a deeper hole I might actually have sympathy for you.

Well this is a thoughtful retort. We'll all need some time to really digest this. It screams "I understand the mechanisms and ramifications of this."

READ YOU RETARDED FAGGOT

What was your father´s startup?

>Telemovel
Mobile Phone
>Internet no telemovel
Internet on the mobile phone
>Pacotes com telemovel
Mobile Phone Packages

Are you fucking retarded?

That's the worst thing about these fucking assholes. They raid Sup Forums and shit it up, the thing they're scare mongering about never happens and they simply move on.
Remember how these people said UK was going to die because the pound ''crashed because of the Brexit?'' Nothing happened. UK is still there. Brexit is completely forgotten.

A fucking 2015 bill got repealed, these assholes are screaming bloody murder and nothing will happen. Every time you bring it up they'll just say that it's too soon until it has already been years and everyone has forgotten about it.

>A business starts with a vision you nitwit. Whether it be an app or other services, the big companies are going to be interested what you can provide.

These are nice platitudes. In the real world these things need to be quantified. Your "neat features" are only valuable if they mean more money for the parent company. If you cannot reasonably compete, that never happens.

DOMXLR0u is an obama welfare shill

Ignore this nigger shit-for-brains AIDS spreader

Then how will customers take down giant corporations if even Disney could get away with it? And no government regulations

>spongebob.png
>four, hours, later...
>"Internet prices and stock prices to skyrocket next year"
>UHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks. I'm tired of retards who keep repeating "it's 2015!" without knowing even the basics of the history of the internet. Before 2003 everyone just called the common carrier. But nope, some fucks see "NET NEUTRALITY STARTED IN 2015!!!" and god damn they just bite into that like it's their favorite children's fantasy book. Anyone who's either too young or too tech illiterate to even know about Ted Stevens and the whole tubes debacle should just fuck off.

Good old times kraut before NN. Things are setting itself right

>I have seen how it "works" first-hand. As has anyone who has followed the history of telecom in the United States. I don't know which telecom org pays you to post here but I hope they pay well.

As someone who has been an advisor for tech law for companies in both countries and a few others, I can say with absolute certainty that you're extremely fucking stupid - I don't need to be paid money to point this out. It is my pleasure. These NN laws didn't even have the government oversight to be enforced properly in the first place and Title II rules don't even apply to them in those circumstances in the first place. You're getting scared because someone is taking your silver spoon away and you thought it was hiding you when all it was doing was giving content providers better rates. That's all there is to this. You're just a useful idiot who propagates retardation on here.

If you cannot compete, YOU PITCH YOUR PRODUCT AND THEY BUY YOUR PRODUCT.

FUCK

dont chew any gum there, singaporean. dont want a caning do you

that's a pretty good deal for the video section then

Didn't Fixney bought Cox company?

>Who owns Cox Cable Network?
>The parent company Cox Enterprises owns the company Cox Cable, also known as Cox Communications. They provide services such as digital television, digital video recorder, on demand and high speed internet.

You are an idiot. Cox and Charter DO NOT OWN THE INFRASTRUCTURE. You know who does? AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and CenturyLink. THESE ARE CELL SERVICE COMPANIES.

Your brain is mush.

this

Ignore the shills like DOMXLR0u

/thread

aaand youre malaysia and whats the difference. yay for expensive curried internet

Thanks for proving my point about being a retarded faggot by completely ignoring the attached image that neatly debunked every one of your "FCC net neutrality will save the internet" Google talking points.

I'm sorry Aji- [TO CONTINUE READING Sup Forums POSTS, PLEASE UPGRADE TO OUR COMCAST Sup Forums PLAN FOR ONLY $50 PER WEEK. ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN USE OUR PARTNER, REDDIT, FOR FREE]