Is Near the shittiest character in Death Note?

Is Near the shittiest character in Death Note?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_NmqIE7jclQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the protagonist.

Light is a shit character with a insane personality like the orange blonde shitty

> Literally white L
Is this really necessary? Why didn't the author just let L live?

No, Mello is.

Near is based as fuck, he literally plays the game better than anybody while doing absolutely nothing too major.

Watching him smoke Light was a pleasure.

/thread

Near is actually the best character and you're a shitter if you don't realize it.

This. Butthurt Lightfags can keep crying, Near fucked him well

>literally an L clone made to win against light because the author said "n-nooo light can't w-win!!!"
I'm not mad about Light losing, I'm mad about who he lost to. If it was L, the series would have been so much better.

No. Matsuda is.

literally just finished reading the series and i honestly felt near was a huge drag, super bland, typical "lel im so smart i can never lose, i switched the real one with the fake one with the real one with the" fuck off

All the characters are the shittiest.

This.

This really, the dynamic with light and L was good and either of them winning would have been fine rather than having this fuckstick show up and "lol I'm L from beyond the grave so it's totally his win too guys"

Nah, L had to die.

if L had to die, Light should have been able to win. Mikami shouldn't have had a change of character to go write in the one girls death. Mikami should have had an emergency paper ripped from the book that he knew was completely real and couldn't have been swapped.

L died by plot shield. Light wasn't worth shit once he lost his.

There's no way L could save his life, Light had already won.

It's tricky because objectively, the most interesting outcome to the Light vs L fight is for Light to win. To some degree we expect L to win because it restores the status quo, and Light winning pushes things forward to a more changed world.

However, it's not really a SATISFYING ending. For at least most viewers/readers, Light has officially gone full-evil by the time of L's death, and we don't really want to see him win. At the very least we want to see how his reign ends, because it eventually will.

But I think making another L was a boring mistake. I get what they were doing, where now the rivalry was between two detectives who were both kind of similar to L and Light, but it felt like a retread. Instead I think a totally different kind of character should have been the one to take down Light, maybe someone who was mature and not an autistic weirdo like the 3 detectives we met. They'd have to be introduced earlier on for it to be satisfying though.

On the topic of the thread, though, Near at least had the best theme song.

Alternatively, they should have both stalemated and both died, which is how I understand the movie ended? (I never watch live action jap crap.)

Something where L outed Light but died in the process might have worked, though I think L dying and Light continuing to gain power was more interesting and unexpected.

>and we don't really want to see him win
>we

Not me.

Well he sure wasn't good enough to be in the musical.
The musical is also really good somehow.
youtube.com/watch?v=_NmqIE7jclQ

Light winning would have been interesting just because villains usually don't

This.

Hell not only in anime, that usually doesn't happen in any medium in general.
>inb4 Kefka
I think as a kid I read this young adult series of books where the villain wins and reigns over the world in the end and I remember being super confused about it because there really wasn't any continuation. I don't remember what it was called though.

There is a real shift in the imitative when comparing L and N, where L was really experimental N almost didn't experiment at all.

>N's henchman somehow made a carbon copy of the death note in one night
>Light didn't just give his follower a back-up page from the death note to use just in case
It was just fucking retarded. The movies are horrible, but I really wish they would've used the ending twist where L kills himself with the death note before Light in order to fool him.

Mikami was manipulated by Death Note anyway

In the movie L knows that Light is going to kill him, so he writes his own name in the Death Note first and gives himself a maximum time limit (23 days), That gives him enough time to trick Light and caught him with his pants down, then after 23 days passes, L dies.

But you can't write your own name in the Note.

sounds good to me. I like this ending.

Get Watari or whatever the Butler's name was to do it, there's so many ways to work around this

Watari can't do it he loves L and you can't write the names of loved ones on the Note.

When the fuck was that a rule?

Episode 16.

Would have been more entertaining if a genius, aged instigator put Light down.

Rewatch it again, faggot.

Mello

Some one was paying attention!

>But you can't write your own name in the Note.
This was never said

ichigo? seriously who has orange hair in death note?