Boku No Hero Academia

Are you ready for Deku and Bakugou's big fight in the finals of the Sports Tournament?

youtube.com/watch?v=tEPneR3KFK8

Other urls found in this thread:

aww.moe/0tc949.png).
youtube.com/watch?v=ub1EBDncxm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Woah dude you sure oughta confuse 1 Guy into thinking that's the tournament final fight

God this anime was so shit

Sauce of the opening song?

Also
>tournament arc ALREADY this early

Was the author of this even trying to make this manga anything other than generic garbage?

>published in Weekly Shounen Jump
That should have been your first tip-off.

>cucks
>tumblr gif
>youtube cancer
>manlet

I love the Sports Festival for how it pretty much subverts every tourney arc cliche
>MC doesn't fight the rival, the heroine does
>MC doesn't even get past round two
>The top three are the rival, the guy MC jobs to in Round 2, and Birdman

>boku no hero chinese cartoon

The first season was slow and boring as fuck.

I mean, tournament arcs are hype and all, but the manga is so far ahead of what season 2 will even get to it's pretty hard to pretend to care about wanting to watch it weekly.

With the rapid decline of anime BD sales, will Hero Academia get a third season?

Hopefully not, it sucks

I've taken a long ass break from the fourchins, last time I was here Sup Forums loved My Hero Academia. I haven't watched the anime and I have to pick up the manga again (had to stop because life). Do you all hate it now? is it because it became popular, like everything else? and is it popular to begin with?

have sex

Mangafags hyped it up but then the anime was released and it exposed the story for the awful generic battle shonen that it was.

the anime, like with every manga that gets an anime adaptation, caused an influx of shitposters.

the comfy threads we had early on are long gone.

the second character poll in the manga caused the threads to slide even more after that.

Damn, and I enjoyed these threads a lot, back when we'd get greentexted translations from a couple anons. The manga is great. Should I keep reading and not necessarily visit the threads? is there any reason I should watch the anime too?

contrarians. its not great by any means, but people will look for reasons to hate, for example the last popularity poll cause a storm of shitposts
also the threads were pretty back before the anime, but not even close to the thrash they are now

>The tournament arc basically ends without incident

>Are you ready for Deku and Bakugou's big fight in the finals of the Sports Tournament?

What? They didn't fight in the finals at all. Deku didn't even make it past top 8. He won against Shinsou via an asspull, then he was defeated by Todoroki, even though Hori tried to make it look like Deku made himself lose. Then Todoroki beat Tenya, Tenya forfeited 3rd place decider to Fumikage, who had lost to Bakugou, an then Bakugou beat Todoroki in a fair fight (contrary to what people say).

>he replied to a bait/bad joke with a complete rundown of the whole fucking tournament
I don't want to say autism, but autism.

[Muffled Crying]

>an then Bakugou beat Todoroki in a fair fight (contrary to what people say).
Definitely autism

Todoroki barely had any interest in the fight against Bakugou

Todoroki's whole writing in that arc was annoying. He starts off as smug rival, and pretty much stays there, except his smugness is validated by the fact that he can effortlessly slap everyone a hundred ways to sunday while only using half his powers.

It takes Midoriya almost killing himself to make him even consider using his ice powers because he can't go strolling through life thinking he can handicap himself out of pride and still expect to always come at the top. The message still flat because the implication is still that no one was even remotely near Todoroki's level and that once he removed his handicap for a minute and put just a tiny sliver of effort he could monstrously BTFO whoever he wanted

keep reading, the manga has remained consistently good.

the current arc started off slow, but just went from 0 to 60 in 1 chapter.

I take it you weren't here for the shitposter (aww.moe/0tc949.png). He drove away a lot of people and lowered thread quality a ton just by himself. Granted, he's still here and posts retarded bullshit to keep bumping the thread (to bait people into responding so he's not just screaming in an empty room) even when no one else wants to keep talking.

That aside, it's been here long-enough that it stopped being a lot of people's flavor of the month. On the other hand, it's still good-enough that people make threads about it (unlike, say, Black Clover). Most of the stuff has been talked to death, though, so there's really no point in 24/7 generals (especially since they're beaten like a dead horse by the aforementioned shitposter).

And yeah, the anime brought more people in (especially redditors who refuse to lurkmoar), but also made people go contrarian because of its popularity. Also people who keep baiting with the same bait that's been BTFO time and again. The lack of originality's causing stagnation.

Manga is still pretty good.

Anime and character polls caused tremendous amounts of shitposting and for a while we had a shitposter so tremendously awful and dedicated he ruined the fucking threads for weeks until the mods had enough and banned him until he shut the fuck up

If these threads were to become as comfy as they were before, what would have to happen?

Getting rid of the shitposters is obvious, but what else? More plot discussion? Theoretical worldbuilding? TLing Pixiv comics? Making a project to translate the light novels?

The complete halt of bureaucracy arcs, clear focus on fighting against the villains.

>Making a project to translate the light novels?
That would be great, bit I don't know if it would work out well.

Less power-level type discussion, fewer generals, translating other stuff like fancomics and the light novel would be interesting.

I don't really hate generals myself as a rule like a lot of people but the worst posting seems to come from generals when there's nothing really to talk about which is what causes it to devolve into power level discussions and other dumb shit.

Ignore this TL;DR. He's just bringing up his personal vendetta because he's still butthurt that he lost every argument when he tried to convince everyone that Mirio's quirk is weak and that "Mirio made it strong". Every reader with common sense can see Mirio is just like Naruto - from birth, stronger than almost everyone, and just because of the power he was born with, he is stronger than people who actually got good through real hard work and training (Deku / Lock Lee).

My problem with that is that the main characters are kids in high school. If we didn't have any of the learning bits, Hori might as well just have make a story about a group of heroes that had gone to high school together.

I still blame the excessive focus on fighting villains early on for this mindset. Because now Hori's stuck in a place where if he keeps going villain after villain, the manga will stagnate and people will be too used to the hype; but if he goes for school shenanigans, people will complain that nothing exciting is happening.

The light novels are doing alright at filling us in on the school shenanigans we've missed so far, though. So that's something.

The SoL stuff with the dorms was some of the best stuff in the manga really. We could use more of that to break stuff up- it doesn't have to be entirely dedicated to developing Midoriya.

Like, this is a series that does the ensemble cast thing- take advantage of it.

Yep. People get bored and leave, and other people just keep saying the same things over and over again. The latter just makes it so mind-numbing that even more people leave, so threads just get worse and worse.

I'm guessing your ban ran out, Patreak?

>Miriofag is also the Patreakposter
Nothing can surprise me any more

Boku no Hero Academia depends of the audience, not the sale of BD.

>Like, this is a series that does the ensemble cast thing- take advantage of it.

To be fair, Hori's actually doing a lot better at that than a lot of mangaka. Momo had her chapter, Aoyama's gotten a fair number of tidbits (not seen in USJ to the point it's mentioned, cowering in the forest but saving Tokoyami, "not being like the other kids in his flashback"), Tsuyu's the pillar of class A, Jirou was stylin' during the license exams, Kaminari saved Kirishima AND Bakugou, etc...

I get the feeling that Hori's got a ton of ideas for everyone, but only so much room per week and only so much time to draw. Which is a real shame. I hope he'll get to at least get to the end of everyone's character arcs by the end.

So, it's a 2nd season announcement or an OVA?

Will his plan be good or will he be the next Budou?
Yes

Hori has said the vertical axis of the story is Deku and All Might - and because he views that "vertical axis" story as a rather depressing story(Deku never wins outright, All Might gets weaker, Deku always injures himself), he views quirks and the ensemble as tension relievers.

Season two, but there are two OVAs that are going to be released: class A training and Tsuyu's snek friend.

The user who posted that is an autist but it was a fair fight. Todoroki was the retarded one. And it's pretty clear that Baku would have one even with his fire.

Kek, what the fuck happened last chapter, did Tori forget to finish some panels? Or is he trying to capture that Hunter x Hunter audience?

Black Clover and Neverland had it too. Something's up, but no one knows what.

Manga is consistently in top 10s, it will do just fine. Look at Attack on Titan.

I wish the cancer shit posters would go away.

Seeing Kacchan animated tickles my pickle. Why is this?

You are Bakugosexual

You have bad taste.

You have good taste.

you like explosive retards

You have good taste.

You have explosive taste

You are gay

you were probably talking about OFA

OFA was like the madara of this manga and they got rid of him way too quickly

AFO you mean.

It's obvious he'll be back though.

>Todoroki barely had any interest in the fight against Bakugou
Why?

>they got rid of him way too quickly
>Stain's in Tartarus with him

You KNOW shit's going to go down.

He was fucked up emotionally from the fight with Deku.

When are we getting S2's You Say Run?

Discount OPM lookin good

He had interest, but he was troubled. Why? Because he is a stupid emo teenager.

that OP song is fucking awful. We need something more catchy than that, like FLOW or Nico Touches the Walls songs

youtube.com/watch?v=ub1EBDncxm4

Agreed. I was hoping for something more rock, or more engrishy like MAN ON A MISSION or something.

>boku

Don't even need to watch the show to know that the mc is a cuck.

>And it's pretty clear that Baku would have one even with his fire.
I hate them both but if Hori wasn't a hack then he would've remembered what he wrote himself about Bakusperg's quirk - the cold from bacon's ice should have had a similar effect as light from sperg's fireworks had on bird's man

Bakugo's plot armor is just invincible, he could probably blow Mirio even while he's phased

>Smug

Nah.

I found his writing to be interesting myself, though. He went through Daddy's Eugenics Boot Camp, so it makes sense that's he's as strong as he is - not to mention, he has both fire AND ice, neither of which have easy counters among his peers.

But his personality makes sense given how he was raised. He obviously wasn't properly socialized or emotionally nurtured as a child, and it shows beyond the typical "Grr I hate my dad >BC" BS. And he didn't get scolded about proper common sense (hence why he immediately goes to find Deku during the Stain arc and tags along during Kamui). Though we haven't seen it, I really wouldn't be surprised if he's actually really gullible because of it too.

And aside from mastering his fire, his character arc is going to be pretty much entirely about moving on and growing as a person. I don't mind him being OP since he's not being framed as more than he is. He doesn't have a legion of fangirls slobbering over him and he's not a braggart bully; he's just a kid with a terrible stage dad who probably didn't have any friends before this year.

Because Deku already helped him with his daddy issues and he had no emotional stock in the tournament anyway.

(You)

>He doesn't have a legion of fangirls slobbering over him
He does.

Todoroki was not smug, but he was much more abrasive and competitive before. Now he's just a quiet boy.

Ah it's the "who's your favorite poster" day again? well thanks

You have gay taste

>he has both fire AND ice, neither of which have easy counters among his peers.
neither of those elements do anything to Mineta balls

Grapes should be able to beat him in a fair fight, just like he utterly curbstomped him in the Momobowl

where's lelouch to masturbate to shinsou

Id like to know what he thinks about Shinsou's voice, because it's pretty shit

Any reason why the latest chapter was so badly drawn?

is my shitty favourite character going to actually say or do anything this season, i need reassurance

Nope

>you hear that op during the final clash of Todoroki and Deku

He only gets his moment during the semester finals, which are immediately after the Stain Arc, which may not be covered this season.

Fuck off fujo cancerstick.

Slow & steady wins the race, am I right Jebediah

That guy's a faggot

You see I thought that that guy would have some cool ability or at least a cool personality but nope, he's a faggot.

I first thought his ability would be something mouth related

speaking is mouth related no?

I'm not 100% sure but it's probably cause you're a faggot.

Ojiro is my husbando

THAT SEXY SHINSHOU THOUGH.

him wagging his tail when he's excited/angry is the cutest thing ever, good taste

Can't wait to see this animated.

Shinsou is a white haired girl in the anime?? W-wow!

We know, Ochako.

We'll get some determined Ochako next arc, right?

This is literally asking for someone to post (spoiler imaged Uraraka prostitution club) "determined Ochaco.jp"

Im excited for this.

A BOMB

Yes, a determined evil Ochako

Oh my god

I have absolutely no idea which way Ochako is heading. There's really weird stuff surrounding her, but she's unquestionably a good guy.