Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShzmzcJM7QI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the waifus are shit though

For who?

Wrong.

Because they are not moevomit

because its not

1. Characters don't look like they have down syndrome.

2. The majority of the protagonists are adults, and not neurotic, virginal teenagers.

3. The backgrounds aren't cheap CGI or rotoscoping.

4. More vibrant color palettes.

5. The anime don't take place in high schools.

That's just off the top of my head.

Literally the other way around

Hell yeah dude I loved Astro Boy

>Fresh and the concepts never been done before
>Characters have depth and feel human
>Artists have distinct visual styles

Leave and never come back

>characters have actual noses
fuckin gross bruh

Actually, they are superior to moe shit

it isn't
looks like shit and no cute things

Summed up well

They weren't based on light novels by hack writers.

Like everything, it depends, people usually say old anime is better and then only post the same few examples in every thread, if it really was then surely you'd watch a bit more variety.

Depends a lot on what you call "old anime".

50s and 60s anime was objective trash. 70s and 80s anime are just shitty space opera/mech/baseball shows with the depth of a puddle, 90s shows are DEEP tryhard "psychological thrillers" and shonen shows. Mid 00s, specially 06 and 07 are the objective best years of anime, if you consider 10 years ago old then you are right.

Thanks!

>objective

Because everyone forgot about the garbage

is this an anime?

eh, they had tons of derivative shit back then though. take a look at mal or anidb seasonal charts and you'll see shitty sports show after sports show in the early 70s, followed by shitty mech show after shitty mech show in the mid-late 70s and into the 80s

we're just selective with old shows because it's easier to do than with brand new airing shows, but also a lot of the complete trash hasn't been subbed

that being said, I personally find the common concepts more interesting than the common concepts of today. I'd rather watch an okay generic space opera or mech show than an okay cute girls doing cute things show. but then I'll take ichigo mashimaro over an okay show from the 80s

I think I agree with this one quite a bit.

I just miss cel/film and the analog nature to it

Because you compare the 10 best anime from a 40 year span to generic garbage like Haruhi or ReZero

Maetel was an absolutely top tier onee-san type gf.

Every anime backed then tried to rip off Blade Runner or Alien. I'd hardly call that "better."

>You'll never travel the galaxy with Maetel
It hurts

>50s and 60s anime was objective trash
>objective
I didn't know opinions were objective?

>I'm attracted to the equivalent of 10yr old girls
Neck yourself degenerate trash

Who are you quoting?

I agree with all but #4. A lot of old anime were cyberpunk or sci-fi with lots of greys.

>accusing shows of having the depth of a puddle
>posts K-On

Yes.

I didn't try to imply anything by posting a K-On webm, I just didn't want to post without a file.

The only thing I missed about old anime was the blatant copyright infringement. None of that Wcdonald's BS. They showed the real McCoy.

Are you new, stupid or trolling?
No, actually, don't answer.

>Being triggered by actual facts.

>opinions are facts

Is that the shitty Virtua Fighter anime?

Consider helium.

Is this Noa from Patlabor?

Spirit of Wonder

Spirit of Wonder is a nice OVA and Miss China a cute.

It is clearly Leona from Tank Police

stop biting that hook

Finished Harlock SSX half a hour ago.
It was good, no special, but good.

And I can't help but feel cheated but this: La Mime is not a black naked alien?! Who was the genius behind this? He destroyed my space waifu.

Heard you were talking shit

What are the very long railways available on earth right now? There's the Trans-Siberian and...?

I honestly think I'm just sick of little girls being shoehorned into everything to appeal to obsessive otaku

watching older shows made me realize it's not the fanservice that's annoying, but the otaku pandering. also to make the girls seem pure, modern fanservice goes the jav route and ends up with annoying crying girls and slightly rapey situations

Way to back your argument up with an image of a literal slut.

>rapey
Off to tumblr with you, sjw

I don't know, maybe it was all the love and care they put into it

Here we go with the old is better meme again in another fucking medium
>but le old is le better xD haha
No it isnt, and this applies to everything. Because mediums evolve and bad tropes, cliches and forms of writing are abandoned. Take off your rose tinted glasses about the past because there was alot of shit and there always will be.

>cgi and digital animation is better than cel

lmao bruh I'm not an sjw just because I don't find japanese women crying attractive

I'd have no problem with actual rape being a part of an anime if someone wanted to go that route. the fact that japs think their semi-rape keeps the purity of their waifus in tact is the thing I find annoying

and the problem with that is what? my whole point is characters shouldn't just be generic copy pastes of each other. for female anime characters that's done so they have the broadest waifu appeal in order to suck as much money out of otakus as possible. that leads to boring samey characters.

Shit you got me there, but you have to admit that with enough talent and love put into it, digital animation can be just as good. Also there was alot of bad animation back in the day too, with alot more unneccesary repition and other cheap tricks to save time and money.

>lmao

The window will close in 3 seconds.

Actually you don't believe that. You feel a height of superiority by going against the norm therefore you roll with it.

nostalgia glasses

These.

Also nostalgia and lack of overused archetypes.

Bitch, please. 20s anime is absolutely best.
youtube.com/watch?v=ShzmzcJM7QI

Watching the quality drop in Macross after episode 3 was an experience all its own, with the finale being a near complete replay episode of the worst animated part of the entire series

Posting another slut doesn't make you win.

Old anime had spirit.