Haven't watched Bakemonogatari yet. Am I correct in believing this is best girl?

Haven't watched Bakemonogatari yet. Am I correct in believing this is best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1fuPaUFzc#t=75m51s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. That would be Snake
When you get to this scene, you will know why

No, pic related is

No. That would be Bat
When you get to this scene, you will know why

Isn't that just the scene where she gets killed repeatedly?

I thought it was the bath scene in Nise, might be wrong though, either way she's still best girl.

SHINOBU A BEST

It's the scene at the end of Otori when snake is stabbing them repeatedly. This is the bath scene.

All these tasteless bat posters
It's a tie between Nadeko and Hachikuji

Snake a shit, a shIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
Hachikuji is number 2, I'll give you that.

>nadeko
Literally worst girl.

>implying Nadeko isn't bottom of the trash dump tier

Even Ara Ara couldn't bring himself to be slightly attracted to her and he wants to bone almost every female who crosses his path. In fact, I'm shocked he hasn't cucked his own dad yet.

>secondaries

You are 100% correct.
Rest of this thread is pretty much weeping shit-tastes in denial.

I don't care what she did in the LN, she's still shit.

How do you know he hasn't?

No

>falling for the first girl is best girl meme
Crabfags, they never learn.

You have a point

Wrong. In this case, the first girl served also was the best girl. She came and instantly dominated the show.

All the other girls are just part of HER harem.

You're wrong.
Only god can save you now.

yes

Why araragi looks so alpha in this picture?

>dominated the show
Yet when shit hits the fan and push comes to shove Araragi has always prioritized Shinobu.
Stay delusional crabfag.

His manliness increases 200% whenever lolis are within molestation distance.

Because it's fanart. He's too dumb to be alpha

Not at all.

>Yet when shit hits the fan and push comes to shove Araragi has always prioritized Shinobu.
Bat and Rrrrgi have no romantic interests tho'. And like a true gentleman, he tries to keep his true lover out of harms way.

bat is just one more beta female for crab to play around with.

Vampire testosterone is better that roids

>Bat and Rrrrgi have no romantic interests tho

But they're literal soulmates

No.

I'll always admire Araragi for turning a turbodyke into a bisexual

>bat is just one more beta female for crab to play around with.

Shinobu doesn't care about crab, as far as she's concerned she's just rararagi's portable meatbag companion at the moment.

Crab is so insecure and scared about Shinobu that she doesn't even bring her up because she knows that she'll always be second to her in raragi's eyes.

Stay mad crabfag.

yeah, bound by a contract of a slave and a master, keeping each other alive in a sense.

Like it or not, Gahara was the one he finally got his dick wet with.

With all of this lewd why isn't Japan the most hyper-masculine culture on Earth at this point?

How can crab play around with a girl she has never met? How can you think that Araragi isn't romantically interested in Shinobu when a literal manifestation of his subconscious came out and said he is?

kanbaru, loli trio and imoutos are best girls

>How can crab play around with a girl she has never met?
oh right, I forgot that not everyone has read the novels.

>yeah, bound by a contract of a slave and a master, keeping each other alive in a sense.

And Shinobu calls him master

Oh, so she meets with Shinobu beyond the minute during Bake 1? Do tell, with your superior LN knowledge.

Senjougahara makes a direct mention of Shinobu when she's negotiating with Kaiki, during Hitagi End. She includes her on the list of people to save.
At that point Senjougahara knows how RRRG's and bat's relationship work, mechanically, and that Shinobu is important to RRR. However, she does not appear to know about their "death pact", and triple-R doesn't want to go into details how he met bat and got his personal shadow loli.

Bullshit. I've read the novels and they never interact.

All that proves is that she knows Shinobu exists. How on earth do you interpret that as Crab "playing with" Shinobu?

So she never meets Shinobu in person after that minute in Bake.

see Come on now, this is as challenging as connecting numbered dots. Learn to read between the lines, and THE lines.

>How on earth do you interpret that as Crab "playing with" Shinobu?
Not like *literally*, but knowing how she faced black cat and Kaiki, even made deals with snake, persuading and tricking a lolified vampire shouldn't be much of a challenge.
They even got nice dojins about that.

it's implied that she might have. Not everyone is, nor needs to be spelled out.

Is this falseflagging or are Crabfags really so delusional that they think she's some master manipulator?

And no, it's not implied. There would be no reason for them to meet, since Shinobu isn't interested in interacting with any humans aside from Araragi.

Except for the parts where Araragi says that they never meet. Or did your vast, LN-reading wisdom skip over that part?

>Shinobu isn't interested in interacting with any humans aside from Araragi
Eh, most of her talk about how she's so superior to humans and she has no interest in them is an act. She'll accidentally refer to people by name, even though she claims not to remember, and she even hitches a ride with Tsukihi to check on how Nadeko is doing after she's somewhat recovered.

>Is this falseflagging or are Crabfags really so delusional that they think she's some master manipulator?
No one's saying she's master of anything but Araragi's cock & monkey's pits, but she definitely is one of the more alpha females of the show, and has been shown to be surprisingly capable when needed.

>Except for the parts where Araragi says that they never meet.
except they already met. And either they have had "the talk" behind the scenes, or crab indeed is a master detective to even figure out the magnitude of bat's true power, warning snake-god to not kill Araragi first and all.

Kanbaru & Hachikuji have the best banter, and this series is 70% banter 30% supernatural mumbo jumbo. Ougi's fun too.

The MC's dialogue with Gahara is kinda like how it is with Hanekawa, really stilted and dull on top of the characters hardly coming off as friends (I suppose that's why I prefer his conversations with Kanbaru and Hachikuji, since they do come off as being his friends). There's absolutely nothing wrong with Gahara as a character though.

>Bat and Rrrrgi have no romantic interests tho
Muraragi's literaly alter ego tulpa who only speaks things that he considers to be the truth stated that he loves Shinobu, I have no idea how there are still people who clearly know the spoilers yet say what you're saying here.

I'm pretty sure Araragi gave her an outline of how their bond works. He only has a reason to hide the emotional details, not the mechanical ones. It's technically possible that they're meeting behind his back, but that would be annoying with how Araragi would constantly be nearby and there's no real point.

>I have no idea how there are still people who clearly know the spoilers yet say what you're saying here.

They're experiencing denial and extreme asspain that their favorite girl won't win.

>ragi sees kanbaru naked daily
When does kanbaru get a kiss from ragi now?

His tulpa only said it 90% directly though. Sure there's no room for interpretation, but they can ignore it because that 10% is enough for them to turn their brain off and not think of the blatant implications of Araragi viewing Seishirou as his romantic rival.

Sisters and undead lolis are fine but kouhais are a no-go.

snake >> everything

zenbu > snek

>Even Ara Ara couldn't bring himself to be slightly attracted to her and he wants to bone almost every female who crosses his path
He treated her exactly the same way as he treats Kanbaru. Was the only one who gave enough of a shit about Nadeko to throw her a birthday party too. Araragi was not lying when he said to Tsukihi that he thought of Nadeko as his friend, or atleast there's nothing indicating that he was.

It just so happened that what he was doing which was healing for Kanbaru happened to be damaging for Nadeko.

Shinobu and Tsukihi also have great banter when Shaft doesn't cut it from the anime.

Hanekawa is hottest

wrong

>I'm pretty sure Araragi gave her an outline of how their bond works
that's what I've been saying.
It'd be weird to NOT spill the beans about your vampirism and the related loli vamp to your lover, after you've gone your way to save her from supernatural shit by first winning her trust by revealing that you're a spook yourself.

Is Mousou Express -folclore Remix- the best monogatari song ever created?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1fuPaUFzc#t=75m51s

That is, in fact, the worst girl.

Well, I can't watch that because Sony doesn't want me to.

I'm really sorry user, you're missing out.
I like to imagine white snake drinking beer wearing a traditional german outfit while listening to that song.

89ji's are canon black and lacey.

She's good in bake, then most of the other characters outshine her and she gets sidelined.

>simply being naked is lewd and/or arousing

It's more of a testament to western prudishness that you think it's lewd in any sense. Nudity is the most fundamental human state of existence. There is nothing sexual or arousing about simple nudity at all.

The fact that she's naked and baring her rump to a boy makes it lewd.

>ragi sees kanbaru naked daily
He does?

He was bored of her body by Hana anyway, only the taboo vices like incest get his blood pumping now.

Now that's a shitpost.

Her body is permeated with the smell of Kaiki's sperm, plus she's the shittiest girl user.

Get some taste ffs.

Doll is the most underrated character in the series. I hope she finds someone to love her and treat her right, even if she is a soulless, bloodthirsty abomination.

_____gahara

She hung out with Tsukihi too much, even Araragi remarked on how much she started acting like her in the way she talked
and I'm assuming you know what happened to Tsukihi

Doll is great, but when she was introduced it was already far too late.

Maybe if you are a Bake fag, But as you watch on it shouldn't take long to find the true best girl

Rate off-season novels.
Oroka: 8/10
Waza: 7/10
Nade: 6/10
Musubi: 9/10

Oroka's 8 is for Fiasco alone. The other 2 arcs were meh, but Sodachi's narration in Fiasco was probably the best writing I've ever seen from Nisio. The depressing, empty atmosphere it creates is perfect for giving you a taste of how filled with despair Sodachi's life really is. Also, I'm really excited to see where the series goes after the massive, sudden leaps in plot progression and character development Musubi had. I have no idea what to expect from monster season.

Did Wazamonogatari get lower points because of tsubasa sleeping? I was interested in acerola bon appetit since it's translated and well liked, and karen ogre always seemed pretty entertaining.

I only read Sodachi Fiasco which is one of my favorite stories, but I can see others not liking since the writing style and plot is not very monogatari-like, which is what people buy the novels for.

>Araragi would later fly to space and become a dragon

Hard to rank with only half of them having a decent amount translated.

Acerola Bon Appetit was pretty good, but Shinobu is a much more interesting and endearing character after spending a few centuries as a vampire.

>Nade: 6/10
>Musubi: 9/10
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I thought Nade was one of the strongest entries in the series; it was fun to read and strong thematically and character development-wise.

I haven't read Tsuzura Human yet, but so far I'm not sold on Musubi. Or more accurately, I thought Zenka Mermaid and Nozomi Golem were dull as dirt, but Mitome Wolf absolutely blew me out of the water, so we'll see what I think of the last arc.

Waza was a good change of pace, very different from any novel before it, but not really what I'm into. Bon Appetit was nice as backstory for one of the most important characters, but not really the direction I want the series to go in. I like Monogatari for its character writing and how relatable the human characters who are around my age are, I don't really want more chuuni vampire fantasy stuff interrupting that. Ogre was fun, but nothing more than fun, the RRG sisters are just joke side characters by now. Sleeping was a "Cat is a dumb mary sue" arc AND a chuuni vampire fantasy arc, so I was destined to not love it, even if I did like seeing an arc that played with new concepts and had a fresh setting.

>Sodachi Fiasco
>the writing style and plot is not very monogatari-like
Yeah, it reminded me far more of Zaregoto, especially book 2 with the heavy, dark tone. But that's perfect for Sodachi's character, because she ISN'T a part of the same story as everyone else. Araragi and co are having supernatural adventures where they get to face their own feeings in dramatic confrontations and form bonds with others who have been through the same thing. Sodachi is stuck in a boring, repetitive life of isolation where she has to bottle her feelings up and and never form connections with anyone. I felt like the style and tone of Fiasco conveyed that brilliantly.

My feelings on those 2 books are simple; I don't like Nadeko and will never be able to relate to her, but I was blown away by how much Musubi changed everything and made the characters relatable to me again. I first watched Bake in highschool and related to the characters then, but slowly grew away from them. Now I've read Musubi as a working guy in his 20s and been able to relate to them all over again.

Fair enough. Nadeko is one of my favorite characters, so that obviously has an impact on how much I enjoy an arc where she's the MC.

As for Musubi, I can agree with you that it had a lot of moments that struck me as really relatable. I think Araragi losing contact with people as he grew up and sort of regretting it when he comes back home especially struck me as something familiar.

I think the main thing dragging down Musubi for me is that I simply have no fucks to give about the new girls, and while I don't need Monogatari to be "realistic," I think the whole existence of the Rumor Department and the idea that golems and mermaids have been going to school and such in the town for ages shattered my suspension of disbelief.

I would have much preferred Musubi if it had just been about the old cast and where they are now.

>I would have much preferred Musubi if it had just been about the old cast and where they are now.
I wouldn't have, but I do have mixed feelings on the new cast. On the one hand, I love that there IS a new cast. I love there being a fresh set of more mature characters for a more mature Araragi to interact with. But on the other hand, I don't find these new characters that loveable, and my favourite parts of the book were just seeing the aged up old cast. But hey, this is just their first book after all, there's plenty of time for them to be endeared to us moving forward.

here, also I realized I forgot to rate the novels myself so I'll go ahead. It's nice to have an opportunity for LN discussion for once.

>Oroka: 8/10
>Waza: 6/10
>Nade: 9/10
>Musubi: 7/10

I think Oroka was by far the best of the "short story collection" entries. It took a bit for me to get into Sodachi Fiasco, but I think it turned into an absolutely engaging and unique story and it made Sodachi finally click for me as a character. Suruga Bonehead and Tsukihi Undo didn't have a ton of substance to them, but I found them both very enjoyable. The fact that I'm a huge fan of pretty much all the characters involved really helped.

Waza was meh. Acerola Bon Apetit was interesting as a standalone story, but in my unpopular opinion, I hate it as Shinobu's backstory and don't think it connects to her current character in any interesting way. Karen Ogre, like said, was fun but nothing more than fun. Tsubasa Sleeping was alright, but kind of disappointing in the sense that Hanekawa is supposed to be an extremely resourceful and clever character, yet Nisio just asspulled the vampire powers solution instead of having her actually do anything on her own.

As I said, I thought Nade was great. This might be a weird comparison to make, but it felt to me kind of like an improved version of Zoku. It had the same kind of "action-packed" wacky adventures ensue premise, but it had slightly more thematic depth to it and tied up Nadeko's arc really well. Yotsugi and Ougi brought their A game, too.

I already talked about my thoughts on Musubi here .

I don't mind the idea of a new cast in theory, but I just don't care for what we've seen of them so far. I think part of the problem is that I've always liked how oddities reflect some relatable emotional struggle or aspect of a character's psyche, but with the new cast, their supernatural issues are the root of their emotional struggle instead of the other way around.

>Get girl to help you out with your superpowers
>Low-key grab her ass while she does it

>except they already met. And either they have had "the talk" behind the scenes, or crab indeed is a master detective to even figure out the magnitude of bat's true power, warning snake-god to not kill Araragi first and all.
is this bait?

>Bat and Rrrrgi have no romantic interests tho'. And like a true gentleman, he tries to keep his true lover out of harms way.
Who comes up with this, how do people who read the fucking novels think like this. There is more sexiual tension between Shinobu and Araragi then in one of those drama cop series.

what actually happens in nade? ive only seen a single out-of-place chapter

No. The Cat is the best girl.

the only way Bat and Crab without Araragi knowing is by him being asleep.

senjougahara is there so fetishists would be happy with her yandere/tsundere crazy personality

shinnobu/kissshot is a much better option

>Says Shinobu and Crab met outside of Bake
>Get's asked when the fuck that happend
>Brings up a moment when Crab ''mentions'' Shinobu.
It's always bullshit with Crabfags

>I hate it as Shinobu's backstory and don't think it connects to her current character in any interesting way
Most of the way it ties in seems to be Nisio hitting the readers over the head and screaming that Shinobu is a good person at heart and that most of her aloofness is an act, just in case they missed it in the past dozen books. Deathtopia's character seems to be what we're actually supposed to learn about in the arc. Everything else about Shinobu's time as a human was summed-up just fine in Princess Beauty.

I am sorry but Shinobu will always be number one to Araragi. Araragi will always, above everything, choose Shinobu.

If it's one thing Nisio has made crystal clear is that those two will never be seperated, nor would they ever want to.

At Yotsugi's suggestion, Nadeko creates 4 clones of herself to help get more work done on her manga, but the clones immediately scatter and Nadeko has to go round them up. Each clone represents a different side of Nadeko at a different point of her life, so she confronts the different aspects of herself and resolves to move forward as a person. Yotsugi is her sidekick, and Ougi shows up occasionally to "help."