Daily reminder

Marifags on suicide watch
>since she appeared in Jo, Ha and Q, I wondered what her role in the story would be, and when I asked the staff, they told me that it won’t be possible to really go further in one film, so they had to tie the main story up, and that Mari may have almost no screen time

Source:
wavemotioncannon.com/2017/02/21/the-current-status-of-gainax-interview-hiroyuki-yamaga-yoshiyuki-sadamoto-september-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-kyū
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>it won’t be possible to really go further in one film, so they had to tie the main story up
So they are rushing it? This self imposed 4 movies limit makes no fucking sense. Q really fucked it beyond repair.

>make remakes with the intention of altering NGE's story
>have the remakes simply repeat NGE's story but with additional fanservice, even casting aside the new elements that were teasingly introduced

>softpinkfags btfo

Mari a shit.

>it won’t be possible to really go further in one film, so they had to tie the main story up, and that Mari may have almost no screen time

No fucking shit Khara

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH 3.0 MY GOD

I have a hard time accepting that movie is canon unless I convince myself that's its some contrived meta statement on how Anno feels the only way to get otakus to go outside like he originally tried to is by destroying their beloved anime series through intentionally making the movies bad

I want to believe that the official title change to "3.0 + 1.0" means they're going to (RE-DO) 3.0 entirely.

4.0 will actually be the FIFTH film in the Rebuild franchise.

bump for Rebuild being the only reason I still come to this board after a decade

Any status on 4.0? Did Ano just give up on it.

Yes, it's cancelled

I wish. Eva is deserving a peaceful death and not being milking as a corpse.

He directed Shin Godzilla to take a break from Rebuilds after 3.0. Said he got burnt out.

Now they've just started working on 4.0 (or 3.0+1.0??), most likely beginning official business in Fall 2016.

I think we'll see a teaser by the end of the year.

God knows we deserve it.

Feels like another Half-Life 3.

I'm really curious to see how he's going to salvage the 3.0 movie without playing the reset card

Do Marifags exist?

see I think this unlikely twist is our only hope, sadly

Anno didn't know what he was doing. He's creatively blocked up.

should i show NERV being attacked and ruined like 3.0 was supposed to be about?
should I further illuminate what Mari's agenda is?
should I show Misato and Asuka grew up during the past decade and learned how to handle a fucked up, stupid, horny, miserable 15 year old boy?

>A 20 minute long piano scene that reminds you of just how hard gay these two are while Gendo sits in his ruined office in his signature Gendo Pose and Rei is just Gendo's fuckdoll? Yes this is perfect, pure Evanjellyon

Unless he decides to go for rotoscope ending... And everyone applauding

>He's creatively blocked up.

He just knows how to make money, this is his cashcow now. He's just George Lucas

Gendou's private detective adventures spin-off. I would watch it

It will never be released.
I know it, you know it.

The funny thing about Asuka is she hasn't changed at all MENTALLY, and still calls people by silly nicknames. She still acts 14 years old.

Which is retarded because Asuka's character is all about growing up early. Which also reflected her hate of Shinji being hate of herself as they were similar in age and personality.

Now she literally can't grow up and has a much longer life and more experiences than Shinji

This is the problem when you rewrite Asuka's character to only circulate around Shinji, she's not her own independent person. A lesser extent Misato, and yet still.

The Rebuilds were a fucking mistake.

Anno is a colossal greedy hack.

OP's interview is pretty much confirmation that Mari is Gendo/Yui's age and that she's still young bc of the Curse of Eva

That, and Shinji being depressed, is about all we can surmise for 4.0/3.0+1.0 thus far

>that last sentence

Fuck now I'm gonna have to explain to my gf what's so funny on the computer

Now MariXAsuka looks really weird considering Mari is probably in her 40s. I'd much rather see Asuka alone.

Mari wrote Flip Flap as a sexual outlet for her lust for her best friend's daughter.

Someone needa to send a gigolo to Anno's house to seduce and fuck his wife. Film it and send it to Anno so he can become depressed again and start making good anime again.

Is she even a lesbian in Rebuild? She was sniffing Shinji and shoved her breasts in his face.

>Q really fucked it beyond repair.
They had no fucking idea what to do with Mari since 2.0 preproduction.

sweet butt

And yet Anno want us to see Asuka as a mature person while Shinji is a selfish brat. Well, Anno want us to root for Willie too so he has some fucked up perspectives

Asuka doesn't seem like she has matured in over a date, she's still the same old Asuka screaming at Shinji and being "tsundere"

Compare her to Misato, Ritsuko and Suzuhara.

>date

lol, I meant decade..

>Mari's agenda
Lilith's agent. Protector of the Children. Godmother of Shinji's.

Is 3.0 still the biggest fuck you to the Eva audience ever?

I don't know what the fuck he was thinking when he made Q.

It was like he tried the edgiest stuff he could possibly think of and made a fanfiction-tier film.

I don't know how that translate into cash sales, but I guess Eva can do no wrong.

Basically its Anno thinking Kaworu is a good character like Lucas thinking Jar-Jar Binks is a good character.

Mari is the Jar Jar of Eva, except some fans like her because she has boobs

can't forget the megane as well

Well, Mari barely has any scenes. Kaworu is thrown in everyones faces with the creator pretending this is some good character, giving him big scenes.

There is a reason why Neon Genesis Evangelion is better than Evangelion Rebuild. Kaworu is at the source of this problem.

I remember telling people 2.0 was overrated and Mari was a garbage character..

3.0 just solidifies it and retroactively makes 2.0 worse.

1.0 and 2.0 were garbage too and Kaworu barely appeared. In fact I was expecting Kaworu taking the spotlight on 3.0 considering how hungry the fujos were after being trolled by 2 movies. Kaworu was featured heavily on the publicity but he had small cameos so probably the fujos were bored to tears except during the few seconds with Kaworu. Also after 1.0 it became obvious Rebuild was about making money and Kaworu means money

The initial impression of rebuild was Shinji looking like he was going to try to kick reason to the curb and gar the fuck up. Instead he just fails, like he always does, and then turns all homoerotic because the girls all mock and deride him.

Oh shit is she that Overwatch girl

*'s inspiration?

>There is a reason why Neon Genesis Evangelion is better than Evangelion Rebuild
>Kaworu is at the source of this problem

Rebuild has been hot fucking needless cashgrab garbage since the first one.

Why doesn't he just sell the IP if he hates it so much?

1.0 was decent for a statard retelling

>Like Anno would so dumb as to let anything else happen
He may not be great, but he's not stupid.

>Rebuild was about making money and Kaworu means money

3.33 did worse though than 2.22 in all aspects, which proves the experiment failed.

What does he think of Mari, anyway?

People in evageeks defend this saying than rebuild is shinji story.
Holy shit they really are like crazy fans than can not accept than Anno can make bad films and is some kind of brilliant director.

>if he hates it so much
It's far worse

He just understands he can drink from the never ending golden fountain that is Evangelion no matter what he does to it

Well the merchandising work well, khara still sell homoerotic stuff about shinji and kaworu.

It makes more money than 2.0 on the box office and Kaworu is Japan's favorite character. 3.0 sold less BDs because it alienated the waifufags wanting more screentime for their waifus. Remember modern anime is about selling characters to the audience, not the plot

That is the reason of why he say than is gonna let other people direct evangelion stuff in the future.
He want to make eva the new gundam.

>Gunbuster 3
WHAT

I guess its a west vs east thing, and japs are known for their shit taste.

What do Japanese see in him? He's not a good character.

>NGEfags: Rebuild blew it and Q was an irredeemable piece of shit.
>Rebuild-babbys: But, you can't judge it until the last move comes out, it will fix everything and will retroactively Make Rebuild Great Again!
>Eva makers: We fucked up and can't solve everything in one move.
Fucking beautiful.

It's the same audience that made K-on and Love Live into mega hits so big that reach the mainstream

Evageeks in suicide watch

So its a fad, just like shonen at one point.

>Is 3.0 still the biggest fuck you to the Eva audience ever?
Surely you mean 'the biggest fuck up'. Big difference.

I wonder what this guy think about Sadamoto's recent interview

Didn't Gainax sell that to production IG along with FLCL?

Also, you now remember that there's a new FLCL coming up and that's fucked up.

Mari is JarJar, Kaworu is the Darth Vader of Eva. Good in small doses, and great for a final confrontation ending on an act of redemption. But if you go back exploring him beyond that you get fucking Anakin.

>new gundam

What is that even supposed to mean?

Who gives a shit. If he was dumb enough to defend Rebuild after Q his opinion is dumb and not worth considering. Especially if he's hanging to the 'Eva is a critique of waifus' without giving a damn how hypocritical it is given all the Kaworu pandering.

>Also, you now remember that there's a new FLCL coming up and that's fucked up.
Can't wait to see how they fuck up that one.

Relax dude. I just found his post hilarious. I don't like Q either and I fucking hate Kaworu on Rebuild (HUUUURRR YOU DID ALL OF THIS) but your hateboner for Kaworu is showing. Let me guess, you're a Reifag

>your hateboner for Kaworu is showing
I used to like Kaworu. Used to. But then he kept getting bigger and bigger in each iteration while not actually improving the story. And then Q happened. So that love is dead.
>Let me guess, you're a Reifag
I am, and I take it with pride, it was mostly us and an odd Soryufag every now and then who gave a damn about how they fucked up the story and the characters. While everyone else was going "Kawuggu is so cute, Shinji's best girl, Mari's so kool and mysterious, sweet Reifag tears... Rebuild is a masterpiece and 4.44 will retroactively prove it".
The truth was Khara didn't know what the fuck they were doing and we fucking called it. We get to say 'I told you so".

I think it's pretty obvious the fourth film will mostly be Shinji Asuka and Rei traipsing through the desert and thus there will be little screetime for an auxiliary character like Mari. It's clear the Anno thinks the deeper something is, the less stuff happens in it.

- Half of EoE was Shinji introspecting - DEEP
- Rebuild 1 was mostly just the first few episodes and introducing stuff - NOT PARTICULARLY DEEP
- Rebuild 2 was jam packed with shit happening - NOT DEEP, BUT FUN, AND YOU SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR ENJOYING IT
- Rebuild 3 had some action at the beginning and end (the context for which is mostly incomprehensible), the middle was a boring expanse of piano lessons and Shinji being awkward and confused - VERY DEEP
- 3+1 will be mostly Shinji and Asuka walking back to wherever they're going and arguing the whole way, while Rei asks "what is hate?" then Misato and friends will find them, some necessary action scene briefly happen, a confusing metaphysical event will take place, bittersweet ending - DEEP

so just so we're clear, you're using DEEP sarcastically right?

No, but then again, Mari is not even a character. She's just a merch bait.

NGE was Shinji's story: Rebuild is a story of a lazy cashgrab and bad writing.

I still like Kaworu

Me too, user.

Well of course, its like a new transformer in the latest transformer game/comic/cartoon/movie/anime, and the rebuild movies amount to nothing more than just something like that.

Evangelion SEED, with an OP by TM Revolution.

Regardless, a lot of people were interested to see where things were going after 2.0 gave us an awesome looking "next preview" at the end

and 3.0 just shit in all of their faces

The Evageeks consensus on 3.0 is that it's so intentionally construed and totally plot-driven because it's supposed to make the viewer feel just as confused and helpless as Shinji.

It's still shit. Even the psychological scenes that Evangelion typically does so well are uninspired CGI shitfests in 3.0.

hes actually competent and capable of keeping up with the status quo though. people bash these remakes but theyre making money in nihongo land

The shitstorm 3.0 caused was amazing, can't wait to see what will happen to Sup Forums with the next one.

is gainax even working on flcl? or is it mostly ig? if its mostly ig then its going to be the Imortal Grand Fooly Cooly narrated by steve blum

>WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH 3.0 MY GOD
They weren't thinking anything. 3.0 might just be the biggest fuck up in anime history. It added literally NOTHING of worth to Evangelion and completely ruined what was, to that point, a fairly interesting retelling of the series. Anno just had another mental breakdown and wanted to do something different so they scrapped their script at the last minute and went with the completely fucktarded time skip.

Feels bad man, the greatest anime franchise in history deserves better than this garbage.

I actually agree with him on Mari's symbolism and her relationship with Asuka, apart from the whole -nami conspiracy shit / Mari literally being a part of Soryu's soul or some shit

or toonami's grand program to rape your sex slave to while munching on shrooms and listening to their shitty rock genre

No shit. Depth used that liberally eradicates the meaning behind it

If it died with End of Eva it truly might have been one of the best in history. But Gainax is in a situation where it's all they can do now

Except Japanese fans are eating it up and the franchise is still making loads of money.
3.0 merch sells like hotcakes.

Eva is normalfag-tier in Japan and will be praised no matter what it does. The movie even got an award in 2013.

>mostly be Shinji Asuka and Rei traipsing through the desert

According to traditional Japanese play structure (where Jo/Ha/Kyu come from) ...wait a second...may be on to something here lads...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-kyū

>He described the first act as "Love"; the play opens auspiciously, using gentle themes and pleasant music to draw in the attention of the audience.
>The second act is described as "Warriors and Battles" (shura). Though it need not contain actual battle, it is generally typified by heightened tempo and intensity of plot.
>The third act, the climax of the entire play, is typified by pathos and tragedy. The plot achieves its dramatic climax.

And the important stuff:
>Takemoto describes the fourth act as a michiyuki (journey),
>JOURNEY through the desert
>The fifth act, then, is a rapid conclusion. All loose ends are tied up, and the play returns to an auspicious setting

FIVE MOVIES CONFIRMED???

>might have been one of the best

Fuck off, Rebuild takes away nothing from NGE/EoE

I think 3.0+1.0 is going to be what happened during the 14 year timeskip

Ah, the structure, yes.
I remember analyzing original's structure when I was younger, this is different, however. Could it be that the Master actually does something decent?

You know Anno might go full hack and pull some Rebuild was a sequel all along shit and try to drag down the original series with it. Hell, all the merc these days are going to be Rebuild shit cause it's new. That's just how media works

I already try to pretend it doesn't exist. But it does

That'd be awesome. I still need to have my "Gendo and Fuyutsuki with parkas and llamas" fantasy resolved.

I think it's apparent to the directors that the Rebuilds can't be salvaged (or even decently concluded) in one film with a 3hr limit. And with the title change to "3.0+1.0" instead of the original 4.0, along with the Jo/Ha/Kyu naming conventions alluding to a 5-part story...

We can only hope.

I thought it was already confirmed to be a sequel?

>tfw the End of Evangelion Blu Ray will never be released in the west