k

6/10

decent anime.

>6
>decent
choose one 4 is decent

You caught me

I give you a 7/10.

Why does Kurisu look 10 years older in that pic?

6/10 decent character.

5/10

decent post.

I love everyone in Steins;Gate and the obsession is killing me

Okakuri is cute! CUTE!

Okabe paired with any girl in his life is cute because he's a good man who deserves a good bride!

6/10

decent reply

Just finished 0 and seriously craving more SOL with the characters from steins gate. Too much suffering and not enough SOL.

Family when

Seems we don't have the energy for an S;G thread right now.

Almost constant threads do that.

Give it a while, discuss C;C for a change, when that trainwrecks over we'll have the speed back.

>watch sub for a couple episodes
>neat
>watch dub of first episode
>voice acting is much more cheesy (especially for Okabe) but the actual translation is so much better.

The subbed Okabe doesnt say any of the ridiculous words or phrases that dub Okabe uses, which makes it so much more enjoyable to listen to. So you guys lied to me yet again

>kys
Fuck off, underage.

I probably would have liked it more if the red head stayed dead. It annoyed me he did all this shit for his black haired friend but didn't get with her.

When S;G inevitably gets another installment (since it's seemingly the only project of Chiyo's that seems to do well) I do hope we get the cast at that point in their lives. We know that Okabe & Kurisu are the OTP, we know that Daru & Yuki produce Suzuha, hell we even know what older Nae is like from R;N, so they can just cut to that part of the story.

Mayuri is his sisteru. Kurisu is his waifu.

Yeah, it goes from:

>"Hey, you there! Can you see us? Why don't you answer? You, on the other side of the monitor with the vacant expression. Whatever. This is the Future Gadget Laboratory. I'll introduce you to the staff, starting with myself, Lab Member 001..."

to

>"I know you're watching. Thats right freak, it behoves you nothing to ignore me. Take a good look, quaff deeply from the trough of future shock. Allow your wooly brain to be stricken with envy, as you are speaking with Lab Member 001..."

No contest

If Okabe doesn't create strong attachments with Kurisu, then he does end up with Mayuri.
Though he also gets PTSD and freaks out pretty much every time she's out of his sight.

I feel it would have been stronger ending if it ended on a bitter sweet note.

I dunno, him wigging out over the possibility of Mayuri having a kid with someone other than him was odd. At the end of 0 he considers both Mayuri & Kurisu to be his "Orihimes" too. It's a weird relationship where the two girls would readily sacrifice themselves for the other and Okabe just wanting a world where both of them can be happy.

meta

I gave it a 7-8/10 cause I thought it was pretty good but I just couldn't stand most of the cast. I really didn't like Mayuri, Feyris, Moeka, Daru, and Chuuni Okabe while Kurisu was fine at times. The only characters I really liked were serious Okabe and Suzuha.
I just can't understand why people like Kurisu so much though. She's so basic, and her design is really weird

Can he have a kid with both of them? I think a harem solution is the best option.

>and her design is really weird
I thought I was the only one who thought this. The sleeve garter things and the random leather hotpants in an otherwise normal outfit looks strange.

I guess they had to simplify the subtitles so that it wasn't a pain to follow, especially with all the techno-babble. Though it would have been neat and fitting for it to have gone the Tatami Galaxy route of information overload

Is this the work of Steins Gate?

It's also just her head. I don't know about the VN, but in the anime her head looks like a ball with a wig on it. It's full on uncanny valley.

Trump winning IS the steins;gate timeline. Saving both Mayushi and Chris~tina was just a bonus.

Well, they had to have cancelled that sequel LN for some reason.

Kurisu, Mayuri, Faris and Moeka grew on me by the end. Chuuni Okabe ends up being pretty endearing (and during 0 it's hard not to miss it really). Daru and Lukako were the only ones by the end of S;G that I didn't care much for.

I actually tried watching Occultic;Nine but found the characters too annoying to find it enjoyable, the cast in these series are pretty zany and just won't click with everyone I guess.

Welcome to the SciAdv club. Pretty sure it's unanimous that all the girls are at bare minimum great.

Is there any way for their kid to not grow up to become the Chunni to end all Chunnis?

As someone who has learned some Japanese, the subs are entirely accurate to what Okabe is saying. Much of the grandiosity and chuuni manner of speaking Okabe uses is conveyed through tone and certain word choices. The dub version is not accurate to his wording.

Also, the dub fundamentally changes the characterization of a number of characters including Daru and Mayuri. If that's something you approve of, then I can't really offer much to you. For an entry like Steins;Gate that is very much tied to cultural aspects of Japan and imageboard/otaku culture, WhyNot's subs and the Japanese VAs do a far better job conveying accurate and emotional impact that's true to source material.

Please don't tell me that even SERN has fallen for Trump's meme magic
every election people somehow forget that it doesn't mean much who is sitting in the White House and that they should be paying attention to what the president's cabinet is doing, not the president himself

>changes the characterization of a number of characters including Daru and Mayuri.
For the better or worst? Cause I only watched the dub.

I can't imagine a kid growing up in the company of Okabe, Kurisu, Faris, Daru, etc not being sorta nutty, yeah. Same goes for Suzuha.

the dub is notoriously bad, much more than the usual meme

>Namefag

Worse. Just consider what the point of a translation is. Are you trying to stay as true to the original character portrayal as possible in a different language? Or are you just bending the script to be convenient as possible to work with in your language? The reason why Sup Forums rightfully hates most dubs is because the latter is what happens. Much of the original material's weight and accuracy is lost because of shitty dubbing practices and sheer apathy. VAs don't record in the same room for one thing and can't take cues off each other. That's why dubbed audio always sounds horribly stilted with the pitch and tone of one character's response being presented in a vacuum.

Daru is changed from a tech oriented, perverted gentleman into a generic "bro" character. All of the references to imageboard culture and memes are changed to "geek" or literature references. Mayuri's particular line at the end of operation Verthandi is changed from "You can cry for yourself." to "It's ok. You can cry if you want to." Two extremely different meanings with one carrying an important point about how perceptive Mayuri is while the other turns her into a generic supporting female character.

not related to the post but I love that reaction image user

Patrician taste you have there, user

Last place I'd expect to see that

What do you think they'll do for April Fools this year?

Knowing dubfags I'm sure you were watching the official subs too. Enjoy your fanfiction.

announce that they're translating all the spin offs

>fanfiction

Don't remind me.

Announce they're animating a lot of extra content exclusively for pachinko machines OH WAIT WE LIVE IN A WORLD LINE WHERE NIGHTMARES ARE REAL

>Animated Brownian Motion as a Pachinko exclusive

5/10 mediocre VN.

We truly live in the timeline God abondoned.

The one thing that bothers me about this anime the most is that Okabe can't fucking close his belt correctly. He always walks around with his belt swinging around. DUDE. JUST . FUCKING CLOSE YOUR BELT

explain

I don't get the hype for this show. It was boring and stupid and shity. Only retards can enjoy this

It was the Otaku babbling and time travel it's always cool.

it's basically a rewrite and all the emphasis sounds wrong and cringey in english

They explicitly mention image boards multiple times in the dub though

Even Doctor Shit by BBC is better

Agreed.
I don't undestand how can anyone could read 6 chapters of nothing happens and still like it.

This kills Steins; Gate

Yeah but the different lines are more interesting. Even for Okabe, where the dub plays up his mad-scientist persona by having him use complicated words and phrases all the time

This kills the thread

I guess. I will probably watch it next tie I watch the anime if i can stomach it.

i finished it today (eps 24 / OVA) and loved it. okabe and kurisu are a great couple and this series really made me feel.
im depressed like dont feel nice now that it is over. is the movie worth watching?

My favourite part of S;G is the bit in Okabe's lab

I would say yes. Just note that it isn't canon but more steins;gate is always better imo.

I made a mistake by burning through this anime. I should have let it last a week.

play the vn

The movie sucked outside of the bit at the beginning where all the characters hang out.

You can just go straight to 0 (or wait for the anime that's coming out soon). Maybe read the Braunian Motion manga or watch the Gamma drama CD video on WhyNot or something too.

Nah.

>it was boring and stupid and shity
great argument user

the movie was basically remade into kagari's ending though, so you can understand recursive mother goose through the movie

This was the best scene in 0

I have to disagree.

>wait for the anime that's coming out soon
can you tell me more information about this? when will it take place and like where does it leave of? if you know this info
also i feel it ended well with eps 24 and even 25, what is considered the "true" ending?

no

Steins;Gate 0 is a midquel, I guess. You know how at the end of S;G we see Okabe watching that video message from a future version of himself? 0 is sort of the story of what leads to that future version of Okabe sending that video message.

Well, it's the only self-consistent complex time travel plot to ever exist, so it killed the entire genre.

I need to rewatch this, at the time most of it went over my head.

You can't deny that it's hot as fuck though.

>Or wait for the other anime that's coming soon
What are you talking about user?

s;g 0 will be an anime

Did we accidentally post an Animemaru article to CNBC again?

Oh, you were telling him to go play the VN. I thought you were talking about the upcoming 0 adaptation and another series

I want to say Kurisu was loved so much because she was a classic tsundere

Modern tsunderes are cancer and neo tsundere are just pure dere with tsun sprinkles on top.

Watching her go from oil and water with Okabe to loving and supporting to him over his leaps was probably it.

Well that, and her hot pants.

I'd like her more if they reigned the tsundere-ness in a bit to be honest. It's the only thing I dislike about her character.

The general Japanese audience seems to fucking love tsunderes regardless of whether they're done well or not though so naturally she'd go down well with them.

>again
???

i dont have interest in playing the video game desu. but if it is made into an anime ill defo watch it

Pre or Post confession?

I mean she only acted like that because Okabe wasn't talking to her when she left Japan.

If you're talking pre-confession then, that's because y'know "Kyouma" is annoying when he's in your face.

She even tolerated after a while to be honest

I liked her as a tsundere because okabe is a bit of one himself. Makes it interesting.

It is being adapted into an anime if you've been living under a rock.

Rejoice user, you don't have to read

Watching the two of them develop and form a strong bond forged through mutual reliance and trust was wonderful. Okabe and Kurisu are sweet as hell.

>Well that, and her hot pants
The reason I started the show was because of how hot I thought Kurisu was. That attraction hasn't died down at all come to think of it.

He probably thinks it adds to his mystique.

That's unfair to my dick.