This guy is supposed to be a NEET

>this guy is supposed to be a NEET
I've been a NEET for 6 years and I feel insulted by this obvious faker claiming that he's a NEET.

how didn't you kys yourself yet?

Faker?

>living the dream
>killing yourself
I don't follow.

How is he not a NEET?

>He didn't watch the first episode of S1

I'm literally Kazuma.

>implying post 2010 anime will ever depict NEETs like they did in NHK

LN Neets are supposed to make actual neets feel better about themselves, not force them to commit suicide by making every LN protagonsit like Satou.

Satou is dead, long live Satou.

You're isekai a shit.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE MY FAKE

He kinda looks like a young Rance.

At least the internet is fast here

there's a difference between a hiki and a neet

being a neet just means you're a loser and a slacker. you can potentially be functional, but the right mix of laziness and/or bad luck keeps you from getting anywhere

being a hiki means you got fucking brain problems

kazuma is an "underachiever", not someone who is dysfunctional. he's bart simpson, not ralph wiggum

Kazuma is barely old enough to work part-time in Japan. He's neither a NEET nor an underachiever.

>…It was rare for me who kept staying at home to go outside.
>In order to purchase a limited first release version of a popular online game, I got up early to queue up.
>Society addressed people like me as Hikikomori.

The problem is that NEET has become a buzzword, people like to use it even when they don't know the meaning, most people confuse it with a "lazy nerd"

Also
>"Nah, you came up with an excuse right on the spot, why are you able to handle this so perfectly? You seemed to be a capable guy, why were you a hikiNEET without any girls or friends? Why did you want to stay at home all day and be a hikiNEET?"
>"Not having a girl or friends isn't a bad thing. The value of a person cannot be measured by the number of friends or having a significant other. And don't call me a hikiNEET. Damn bitch. Don't combine hikikomori and NEET together, and I am just 16, too young to be a NEET by society's standard… There it is."

He was only staying at home and playing video games to forget about losing his childhood friend to another guy

Then he's just a broken hearted kid and not a NEET then.

He is old enough for them to show him drinkning alcohol on screen.
He did that, right? At least Aqua did.

Pretty much, the reason he gets called it is because of the amount of time he was taking and that he pretty much dropped out of school altogether

I really miss him, damn.

That in the new world though and that place is medieval era. There are no age restrictions for drinking in medieval times.

So I s not a neet then?
Good news

>kys
>kys yourself
A faggot and a retard.

NEET just means that you're " Not in Education, Employment, or Training". It doesn't require a specific personality or anything.

>It doesn't require a specific personality or anything.
Being a lazy ass for not working 8 hours a day isn't a personality?

>being a neet just means you're a loser and a slacker.
No it doesnt. The term LITERALLY is a fucking acronym. Neet doesnt mean that youre lazy or a slacker. People simply are too fucking retarded to use it properly. Its like noob. To the average retard noob = bad and neet = lazy, even though neither describing the respective term.

Unemployed people looking for a job are still NEETs. Has nothing to do with personality.

What about the ones that don't want to find one?

>lazy ass
>for not working 8 hours a day
Its fucking hilarious that we consider this normal. Spending 8 hours a day doing something you hate. And thats us westerners. Now think about how mentally challenged Japanese people are. They work way more.

Exactly. The show doesnt even properly use the term NEET either. They basically said that he was a NEET while still being in high school, which simply doesnt work.

>Its fucking hilarious that we consider this normal
>Spending 8 hours a day doing something you hate
How about you find something you can come to terms with doing 6 hours a day?
I always thought it takes a virtue to find a job down your alley that would keep you fed and entertained.

What is this list showing?

And why is my country second from the bottom?

Only Aqua using "neet" for Kazuya in relation to our world.

The problem is that the vast majority of people doesnt even have the chance to figure out what they really like. Public education does a horrible job at preparing them for the life after school. People are supposed to be kids until 15, then they suddenly need to know what they want in life. Most of them simply settle for a job because they want to make money. Especially in Anglo countries they dont even have a choice. Who the fuck is supposed to pay for further college education? Good luck finding a 6hour job that pays the bills, though.

Average amount of hours worked per year. More evidence that the Germans arent actually working a lot, but when they do they do it efficiently which is why everybody thinks that they are the "hardest working".

Didnt he use that term to describe himself when he thought of his past? I recall something like that. Maybe that was LN/Manga exclusive.

> Public education does a horrible job at preparing them for the life after school.
You can try working odd jobs while your parents are still willing to support you to try things out and gain experience.
I was doing that in uni and changed six workplaces from 18 to 22 y/o.
Granted your education would likely suffer, you'll be working odd hours, have broken sleep cycle, might hurt your health with manual labor etc.
>Good luck finding a 6hour job that pays the bills, though.
After four years of working shit places I did.
Nobody ask me how much I work each day as long as shit gets done.
They even allow me to work remotely most of the time.

Just be European and study until youre 30 working part time jobs. Thats basically what I am doing. Degree in Finance and Stats, degree in Informatics, now getting a Law degree while working part time in statistical analysis from home with no one even caring about my hours, I always receive full pay. Hilarious.

IT work?

Speaking of which, IT is a pretty good field for hikis. Get one that allows you to work from home, remote troubleshooting or sysadmin, enjoy fapping all day long so as long as you can focus the moment shit crops up.

H-how come you k-know so much about me?

NEET STANDS FOR

NOT IN
EDUCATION
EMPLOYMENT OR
TRAINING

THATS IT

ree

Probably because I'm a newbie sysadmin and at some point last year I realised most of the shit I do here can be done from anywhere if they just would just allow remote access through a VPN.

So does Darkness actually develope a crush on Vanir or what? She seems to like him a lot.

>Be European
My Putin Overlord would be against that.
Also you folks are not appreciative of slavs joining in.
I found comfy place that don't require a degree.
Probably fucked if it shuts down though, employers are mostly retards about a degree here even if you have skills and experience.

>wondering why self-insert fantasy for hikirats is unrealistic and patronizing to any real human bean

I thought MC going hikki have something to do with cuckery as is revealed later in LN.
He's all whimsical when it comes to showing initiative towards girls too because of this.

>Didnt he use that term to describe himself when he thought of his past?
See

I bet you don't even use ATM machines.

not him but

You're pretty stupid.

But why would I need cash?
I don't even remember last time I paid for something with it.

Except for Megumin, apparently

Automated Teller Machine Machine

hikiNEET mass suicide when?
Kuzu no Honkai was the final push I needed, I'm ready to be freed from this mortal coil.

I bet Miyazaki have a plan with his next movie.

Is that not allowed in Japan? I feel like anime does that a lot.

No sweetie, it's a lifestyle. You can be a wagie and a NEET if you adopt the NEET mindset and attitude. In contrast, the son of a billionaire who does nothing all day is technically a NEET, but we all know he's not a NEET NEET.

PIN Number.
If you can get your hands on it, you might want to read the short story "The redundant man who was redundant". Not anime/mange.

Explain further.

>sweetie
>adopt mindset and attitude=you're X
>when you don't meet actual X requirement

The hero we need.
Hopefully he'll convince my fellow hikiNEETs to travel beyond and we can make the journey together.

>yfw you invested so much money and time in your health
>that a suicide looks like too much of a waste now
Nonsense, we all die alone, do it.

Exactly it's become a damn buzzword

Fun fact: the meaning of words change over time. People dictate the dictionary, not the other way around.

You're ready for

Wageslave here, i spend 10 hours a day in my job, only half the time i'm working, i even shitpost from there sometimes, and money is a very good motivation, so is not that bad

I find it hard to do my own stuff when I'm on the clock.
Like I know no job is coming anytime soon and nobody's looking what I'm doing, but it doesn't feel right to slack off all the way.
Satisfaction level would be lower than if I do that after work.
Am I sick?

It depends on the working enviroment, in my case the job is based on cycles, so sometimes i have a full month of doing almost jackshit but i still need to be there and the next month get the beating of my life, and at the end of the day most people is also doing their own shit while they finish the job too, expect to hear some music, someone chatting while also finishing some excel shit, but i wouldn't recomend it if your boss is a cunt

yeah something is wrong with you

The term neet isnt a word, its an acronym. You cant change the meaning of acronyms because they are usually pretty specific in regards to what they are talking about. If youre a high school student then the description "Not in Education [...]" simply doesnt apply to you since you clearly are.

>boss is a cunt
Nothing of sorts, it's just even when I work remotely from home - I don't feel like enjoying my personal stuff until I feel the job is done for today.
I'll still procrastinate occasionally, but never enjoy it much.
I wonder who and when brainwashed it into me?

If you've been a NEET for 6 years you deserve to be insulted.

but u need work experience to get a job

and i dont want to go to an agency to work in a warehouse/retail/food. I need a proper job right away!

>need proper something right away!
And who owes you that?

Is this post-irony?
I realize it's ridiculousness but I do actually want to skip the shitty steps.

You've been searching for a "proper job" for 6 years? How the fuck are you living or are your parents seriously maintaining you?

>not getting a scholarship for uni and becoming a semiNEET
Literally the best of both worlds.

>work is so super important guise
>95% of the world's population are doing it we can never have enough workers
I wonder who could be behind this post.

if you want to skip the shitty steps then make sure you do a co-op while you're still in uni. An internship helps too but not by itself. Don't be afraid to apply to jobs that you'd have to move for.

It's more about being a leech to your parents for so long

Most of the time when it happens in anime or in VNs or whatever its justified as "not really alcohol"

>semiNEET

No such thing.

>this is what wagecucks believe

i know you're mad because you're forced to work

It's not leeching if they agree with it.

Tell me about it, professional wizad neet of 12 and none of the anime neets and hikis feel realistic. It's cultural appropriation.

You really think your parents want you to be a NEET?

>spend a ton of money on university and then not make money

Why?

I honestly don't care.

That's fine, just don't assume they agree with you.

Yes. Considering we live in a first-world country unlike you.

Been NEET for 5 years after I dropped out of high school. Recently got a job with a construction company and now make €3500 every month. It's amazing how lucky I got.

>16 years old
>NEET

Why don't they just call him a high school dropout? He's got plenty of time to get his shit together. Also he's a licensed adventurer and inventor.

I'm not forced, i have enough money saved to be a NEET for a year and a half, but when you get a job you have access to better shit and more independency with what you do with your money, granted that working can be a annoying, but is not as bad as you think

>Sup Forums
>blog

Part of growing up in a poor family meant that I had to work since I was 14. By the time I graduated university, I already had a decade of work experience.

You gotta start from somewhere.

>not living in a country with free education

I've become a NEET because I genuinely hate talking to people and this thread is no exception. Only reason I'm here it's because you all are anonymous and I could treat you all like cleverbot.

WATASHITACHI WA NINGEN DA!

>leaving the NEET dream
Why would you do that, I don't think I can get happier than that.