Name a more bland protagonist

Name a more bland protagonist.

Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSPekLbid28
youtube.com/watch?v=mZml_Ayx2zA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most protagonists from light novel harem series.

Luffy
>MUH NAKAMA

at least he "has a dream" or w/e, ichigo just..... i dont even know

I somehow still like him sometimes.

Atleast he has style.

>all of the examples are from shonen
what did nips mean by this?

You win, OP.

This is usually my choice too.

Ichigo is a completely, pun intended, hollow character.

Boys self-insert.

Natsu Dragneel

Absolutely not, you just think so because of the old american translation.

I wish you people would stop blaming it on the translations. It's not the translation that's shit. It's the character, or rather lack of.

>Name a more bland protagonist.
Raku from Nisekoi was pretty shit.

Can't argue, chief.

Easily the worst.
There's nothing interesting about him other than who he was friends with when he was younger.

Bleach was the worst. Should have just brought back yu yu hakusho.

A chunk of light novel protagonist are worse. Go look at the MC for Bahamut and Asterisk War.

Your mom

I think the way he's honestly not interested in being a "good person" or a "hero" sets him slightly apart from the usual shonen protag. That he does so much heroic stuff is only because he makes friends unnaturally fast, and will go to the ends of the earth for those he considers friends.

He's like an extremely watered-down Gon. It's not much, but it's better than fucking Ichigo.

>and will go to the ends of the earth for those he considers friends.
But so would a lot of protagonists.

>will go to the ends of the earth for those he considers friends.

All shounen MCs do. Naruto chased Sasuke basically the entire manga, and Ichigo went through hell to rescue both Rukia and Orihime especially the latter.

Giorno is unironically the best JoJo by far

Explain yourself.

He was the coolest, had the best ability, was involved in the best plot with the best fights, and had the best supporting crew for him.

Jojo is seinen

I don't even know why but I kinda liked the guy despite him being pretty much the definition of a bland protagonist.

Natsu is badass

To be fair it's not Giornos fault that part 5 is such a hot fucking mess.
I will never get what Araki tried to do with that arc.
For a arc that has and italian mafia theme he does very little with it and the motivation of all the characters in it are almost non existent.

The only thing truly good about it is the main villans powers

When he isn't crying about friendship, maybe.

I like how Kubo realised this and eventually showed less and less of him, besides the stint towards the end.

yup. way to latch on to the one sentence of my post where I described the way in which Luffy is like most protags, while ignoring the rest that described why he's slightly atypical. crazy determination is a hallmark of the protag, it's utterly ordinary.

it's the motivation that's different, was my point. Look at Fishman Island, where they flat-out ask Luffy to help, and he doesn't want to. Then they just phrase it differently, and off he goes.

Remember that Luffy stomped Arlong not because Arlong deserved it, but because Nami asked for his help.

that's because buccarati is the protagonist of part 5

kirito

Gyro is arguably the protagonist of Part 7, but Johnny is still my favorite JoJo.

OP said more bland than Ichigo. Luffy is awful but he's not as bad.

Naruto and Luffy have actual dreams and motivations that they work towards throughout the story, Luffy's entire outlook is one that rejects being a hero or helping people too, he's a pretty self-aware shounen protagonist in that respect; realizing how selfish his attitude is and not really giving a fuck.

With Ichigo.... what the fuck is his motivation or dream throughout the story. What is it at the start of the story even?

crying about friendship is badass

>bleach was literally just yuyu hakusho + saint seiya

I really don't understand why everyone is so in love with SAO

just normie shit like naruto

>SAO is an inferior Greed Island

at least he has a goal and more than one technique

Everyone besides the LNfags here on Sup Forums hate it for what it's worth at least.
How that shit got 3 seasons is fucking beyond me

>What is it at the start of the story even?

He never had much of a motivation, first he got caught up in the middle of Rukia's fight, then he became the substitute Shinigami to help her, then he had to rescue her and then there's Aizen's eternal Keikaku he has to fight against.

He always reacted to things but didn't even have a big and dumb dream like Naruto or Luffy to drive him, he just protected his friends.

I think it's fair to say that Ichigo is shounen's blandest main character.

>Jojo
>Shonen
Spot the newfag

>Jojo part 5
>Not shonen
Spotted

truth

Jojo was shounen up until part 7. Even then part 7 started as shounen and changed to seinen at one point.

Hey guy, I hate Ichigo as much as the next Sup Forumsnon, but compare him to shitty harem MCs and it's clear that he's far above and beyond their characterizations.

Just looking at that makes me want to puke

>arguably the protagonist of Part 7
Having just finished SBR myself, they were basically deuteragonists. Gyro has his complication of sympathy and his personal lack of a "hunger" like Dio and Johnny had, while Johnny had the combination of trying mostly to just break even and walk again coupled with that bizarre sociopathy switch he could just turn on. Johnny was the most intense Jojo. While Josuke gets so mad he can't see straight, Johnny goes all the way around and wraps into cold as ice motherfucker.

>Keima
Come on now

>Brown-haired teenager protagonist with a 'wicked' sense of humor

yep not generic user, ya got me

pls ichigo is bland mc

but Sup Forums defend autism mc like luffy

>gave me cancer

>sugisaki on that list
what?

>will go to the ends of the earth for those he considers friends

If he's anything like that cock juggler Roger, he'd maim you just for talking shit about them.

I mean Roger was known to fuck up countries just for shit talking his friends.

This. Specifically battle harem anime protags.
those fuckers could jump in and out of each others places in their series and it would barely make a difference.

>Look, Onee-chan
>eggs

>Number 1 Autism Shonen MC
>/thread

The Highschool DxD guy gets points for being a pervert but he just becomes more and more generic as the series went on. A one trick pony.

An anime based only around fanservice generic!? user you jest!

The brown haired, can't fuck a girl even if she was literally begging for his dick MC of nearly every harem.

>more than one technique
>kicking
>punching
>headbutting
>kicking several times
>punching several times
>stronger kicks
>stronger punches
>stronger headbuts

fuck off

> Issei

Fuck off and die.

He's a psychopath.
He's a very interesting character.

Luffy may be many things, but bland he is not.

Ichigo is a power junkie with bipolar disorder and a messiah complex.
Isn't that more interesting?

At least Issei has DREAMS!
Is the LN version og him better?

It would be if Bleach didn't suffer from trash writing.

>luffy has a goal
>naruto has a goal
>ichigo has ?????

What was he aiming for the entire series?

He's one dimensional, even worse than being bland.

It's better than one piss atleast.

All of the ones with the Japanese high school male protagonist haircut

>It's better than one piss atleast.
sure thing pal

I remember when I first read Ichigo's confrontation with his Hollow there was this implication that he as a bit of a blood knight, the whole friendship shit, while technically true, was partially a pretense for him to go out and fight.

I thought that interesting. Then it was dropped immediately after Grimmjow's fight and never brought up again. Didn't read the last arc.

Yeah. Even ichigo doesn't like maiming if he can help it but Luffy willingly pushed a bunch of guards into lava when he was rescuing Ace.

>It's better than one piss atleast.
And yet one piece is the manga that still gets released to this day and bleach is known as a large festering pile of garbage.

Adding to this, Luffy basically starved himself to death to prove a point. Naruto and Ichigo just beat up a bunch of people

>" 'wicked' sense of humor"

The hell are you even on about? Since when was any sense of humor central to Keima's character?

Not sure if you're new or just brain damaged.
Google "wicked sense of humor" and read the first result you get.

It went to shit as soon as he stopped acting like a delinquent.

Bland mc vs Autism mc

who win ?

Defend this Luffy whore

LUL

Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal

Goku.

>made my day

Hahaha

I'd argue Hayate's personality is that way deliberately to contrast with his absurd setting and situations.
youtube.com/watch?v=FSPekLbid28
youtube.com/watch?v=mZml_Ayx2zA

The world around Hayate plays off of him being the main character and an innocent bystander.

>Spot the newfag
(You)

Seiya is as generic as it gets

you dare

Pretty much any shounenshit protagonist, they're all interchangeable.

gintoki, where's my money?

At least he is hot.

Gingers can't be hot

You mean blacks

BIG FAT HIME TITS