Will I enjoy Love Live if I liked K-On? I hear a lot of mixed things about the main cast

Will I enjoy Love Live if I liked K-On? I hear a lot of mixed things about the main cast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5lUvjvXn4E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I haven't seen it but Maki is the best girl.

I loved both. Watched K-On first and eventually made my way to Love Live.

yes

Probably. Depends what you liked about K-On.

I didn't like K-On but liked Love Live

I think you will like it but not as much. K-ON is one of my favorite shows of all time and I recently decided to watch Love Live and thought it was pretty good. I think it's at least better than IM@S as far as story goes.

They are very different shows.

If what you liked about K-On was the good characters and character interaction, you'll probably hate Love Live. The characters are extremely artificially written, it really shines through that it was made for otaku, and probably written by someone whose only social interaction in their life had been dating simulators and visual novels. If you could handle the characters in Nanoha, you can probably handle Love Live, because Nanoha is even worse.

The good part of Love Live is that it's a nice story about working to a goal, and you can follow their development as a group. If you like that, you may like it.
The third season is just awful, though, they remove everything about working to a goal and the characters are even worse than the first two seasons, they don't interact at all, they just stand next to each other and scream cliche catchphrases at each other and never even work to accomplish their goal, they just get it for free.

Maybe. It has a similar energy and good character chemistry. Pretty solid storytelling. I would only say that I think the music in Love Live is inferior to K-On!'s. It's fun in the moment but nothing really sticks.

LL is far better than moeshit kon

Maki is pretty much the Mio of Love Live

am i going to hate k-on if i hated love live?

Why did you hate Love Live? Because it had no epic space battles? Then you'll hate K-On. Because the characters were awful? Then you may like K-On.

Love Live is a billion times better then K-ON.

I didn't watch kon but rovu raivu is pretty amusing

>"and probably written by someone whose only social interaction in their life had been dating simulators and visual novels"
>is actually one of the most popular anime ever

I know people like to talk out of their ass but damn this is impressive

This. Only Mio is little less annoying.

Anyway, Kotori is Love Live's Mugi.

If you like cute girls its pretty hard to not like Love Live. Youre bound to have a favorite girl and it looks like you are already on the track to making the right decision.

I think they can be enjoyed for similar reasons (cute girls singing cute songs), but the quality of animation, direction, storytelling, characterization and so on is very different between the two series.

I don't really agree about the 3rd season, especially since the unnecessary melodrama that bogged the previous Love Live down was absent, and I found the individual characters as entertaining as the previous group. I do agree that they didn't interact as much as they should've, but that's true of LL season one, too.

What the fuck popularity has to do with if it's good written or not?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe go fuck yourself and stop watching moeshit.

I liked love live but not K-on

What was meant by this statement?

Reminder that Kotori is best girl.

Huge K-on fan here.

If you like cute anime girls, one of the Raibus may find their way into your heart. Those 9 girls were created from surveys and studies on what attributes sell to otaku. The Raibu show is pretty artificial and the drama isn't very gripping, but it's watchable. You'll probably end up watching it more to root for your favourite girl.

As a K-On fan you'll probably also hate Honoka for being a very shitty Yui ripoff.

I watched the original LL hoping it would capture the gap left behind when K-on ended. Didn't help. In fact it made me want to rewatch K-on again because it just shortchanged so many things.

Basic.

I can word this post.

Hello Sup Forums.

>Maybe go fuck yourself and stop watching moeshit.
"Stop liking what I don't like" at its finest.

>that picture
So who admitted sucking cock? Was it Toyosaki?

If you liked K-On you'll like this. When K-On ended the announcement for the School Idol Project was announced, and it turned out to be this series, another group of lovable girls. But yeah, you should just check it out, maybe watch their single PVs first.

Bokura no live kimi to no life->Snow Halation->Natsuiro egao de 1,2 Jump!->Mogyutto Love de Sekkin chuu->Wonderful Rush->Music Start

This picture pisses me off not because I love K-On, but because of the huge waste of miney that was

money* oh fucking hell

>hate Honoka for being a very shitty Yui ripoff.
She's nothing like Yui though, Honoka actually gets shit done by herself (in totally ineficient ways until Umi/Eli give her a hand, but does it anyway) and isn't half as stupid.

I like Yui more though, she made for funnier interactions.

The shows have very little relation, aside from "cute girls doing cute things".

Honks=Yui
Umi=Mio
Kotori=Mugi

There is a more plot focus in Love Live and Love Live is slightly less grounded in reality and the characters are a little more cliche. Overall K-ON is better and it feels like you're going on adventures with these girls and watching them grow, where as the cast of LL for the most part are less developed due to being more of them stays the same and they have an annual contest like 3 times in a single year because money.

K-ON>Love Live, although I like both.

Hated K-on and Loved Love Live.

OP here, finished the first few episodes.

Why is Nozomi the best girl?

She has a lot of good reaction faces, if you got any, dump em.

Your mother worked hard to afford those you dick

shit taste, user
Maki should have stayed your choice in top waifu

It was engineered to make the big bucks. I think the writers have a very good understanding of how people work, or else the show wouldn't have been so popular. You could say the same thing about Disney; Rapunzel doesn't act like a real 18 year old girl at all, and you could trivialize the writers as "only getting their social interactions from cartoons and media," yet if they really were the clueless losers you accuse them of being, Disney wouldn't have hired them. There's a difference between shitty writing by clueless losers and shitty writing by businessmen. An example of shitty writing by a clueless loser might be more like one of the thousands of self-insert isekais on the market.

ITS TIME TO NICO NICO NII

youtube.com/watch?v=D5lUvjvXn4E

A NICO SMILE COMIN' YOUR WAY, BROTHER

ITS GO TIME, BUTTERCUP

>demolition d

did he fucking die?

it's been a year now since the umaru vid, hasn't it?

ARRRRR IMMA PIRATE R)