Under the Dog

What did Sup Forums think about this?

Reading the anidb thread for it literally gave me cancer. Here were some of the statements:

>Complaints about the Anthea's name and surname not being common enough in Sweden
>Complaints of the OVA being too generic and boring
>Complaints about the animation and the english/american voice acting (this one just kills me, it's too hilarious)

Literal quotes:

>[...] violent. [...] not entirely coherent. But plot holes you could drive a truck through are the hallmark [...]
>The story is too complex. The "near future" has to be reasonably connected to the now, and there are thousands of differences that need to be explained. Or at least plausibly explained.
>Add in animation that's pretty basic even by TV standards, not very interesting and absolutely trite characters, really awful plot (where do I even begin) [...] therefore deserves at least some explanation as to what is going on, add in all that, and as I said before, this just sucked.
>Animation is pretty mediocre and the american voices are borderline amateur.

Jesus fucking christ, Sup Forums, jesus fucking christ. These fucking retards wouldn't recognize a fist even if it was repeatedly applied to their faces. Is this what I should expect from contemporary anime fans, or is the problem that the wast majority of anidb posters are clinically diagnosable retards?

I'm just completely baffled by this. I can't even fathom the levels of retardedness needed to apply any of the aforementioned greentext statements to this OVA. I guess the old saying that 'if you've only ever eaten shit you'll continue eating shit even if offered a steak' has some merit to it.

There was only one redeemable comment:
>As usual, however, people are too stupid to appreciate actual animation (+ things that make it possible, like simple character designs) and demand more static pieces of pretty artwork flying at each other with speedlines in the background.

Good OVA 7/10 would watch another episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

under-the-dog.com/en/news/digital-rewards-part2/
myfigurecollection.net/item/239911
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f5NotUFZhBWDByWm5OZUlTTFU/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She's trying to kill herself because that's how bad her show is.

It's shit.

I literally can't even remember it other than I think it was about a loli assassin and even that I'm not convincing myself of. Trying to fit way too much story and plotpoints into 30 minutes. Very forgettable.

Who the fuck cares. Those normalfags were dumb enough to believe CIA's retardation and fund their Kickstarter. They wanted to """save anime""" or whatever like Sup Forums did with LWA's second OVA. What they got is shit, which is exactly what they deserve and the quotes you pulled prove it.

>reading the anidb thread for it
Fuck off, this isn't a forum for discussing reviews from other sites.

UtD literally saved anime.

it's mediocre.
what happened to the figure?
oh right, it got canceled.
ahahahaha.

A great scam.

>the figure got cancelled
Haha really? What a failure on every level. Then again it was funded by Reddit so of course it would fail.

Someone upload the soundtrack.

under-the-dog.com/en/news/digital-rewards-part2/

myfigurecollection.net/item/239911

A dismal failure that barely raised a blip on Sup Forums and mostly went unnoticed when it was actually released.

From what I did hear though it was a spectacular failure in being another droll mediocre offering and not the saving grace that many fans wanted it to be.

Under the Dog was mocked mercilessly on Sup Forums.
And since many redditors are posting anonymously on Sup Forums, that means that reddit also hates it and feels ashamed for having invested money in that anime.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f5NotUFZhBWDByWm5OZUlTTFU/view

What a joke of an Artbook.

Did they care enough for a good product and just could not deliver?

>were dumb enough to believe CIA's retardation
What kind of retard would believe anybody would shoot someone before throwing him out of a plane?

Why not? It sounds clever, but people have survived shit like this. Depending on where they fall.

Bullets aren't expensive.

Seriously? How the hell did this all go so wrong.

>30_minutes_in_paint.jpg

OP here.

>the saving grace that many fans wanted it to be

How in the name of fuck is one 20 minute OVA going to be a saving grace?

My qualm is that you have to be both literally retarded and blind in order to claim that this OVA has

>bad voice acting
>plot holes
>mediocre animation

Some people are even complaining that there wasn't enough hand holding.

I feel like everybody's gone full retard and there's nobody left to have an actual coherent discussion with.

Don't take me wrong, Under the Dog doesn't even come close to any of my favorites and there's plenty of legit criticism, but the comments quoted in the OP are completely retarded and it seems these are the only negative comments people make on this OVA.

I remember the guys who made it shilled it here. Then was btfo and went to reddit then they got baited by MANIME

It was sold on some pretty big promises and got a lot of attention at the time, expectations were high. I didn't think it was dogshit but this reaction's to be expected.

>7/10
That's a bit high.

>How in the name of fuck is one 20 minute OVA going to be a saving grace?

Because you weren't around when the KS was happening.

>above and beyond the regular television standard (Gundam UC, Ghost in the Shell Arise)
this is just sad

>and went to reddit then they got baited by MANIME
Don't forget kojima said "it sounds good" and the kickstarter funds went though the roof.

I mean I honestly don't think it was utter shit... but it wasn't good.

The animation IS mediocre though. It's an OVA, it's meant to be held to a higher standard and yet there's recent TV series with better animation.

>I feel like everybody's gone full retard and there's nobody left to have an actual coherent discussion with.
Your own fucking fault for giving a shit about anidb's community. Like MAL etc, their info is all that matters.

>How in the name of fuck is one 20 minute OVA going to be a saving grace?
I don't know, ask the fucking faggots who made it, since that was their stated goal.

>mediocre animation
Again, their stated goal was be better than Unicorn and Arise, and their budget was like 900K for a 20-minute OVA. They did not meet reasonable expectations given all this.

The writing was comically bad, it was like they hired a 15-year-old to handle the script and characters.
I don't know what you're so triggered by, but the animation really wasn't anything to write home about. Very standard for an OVA.
Considering Anthea was pushed so much as the flagship girl of the whole project on the kickstarter page and all the promo material, it was really wierd that she's left out of the plot until the very end where she just picks up the main character's failed job, because Anthea is better than everyone else for no reason. If I hadn't heard of and known some stuff about UtD before watching the episode, I would have been very confused about Anthea's shoehorned role in the story.

It was basically nothing that was promised from the kickstarter campagin, but IIRC it was underfunded by quite a significant amount as the deadline came up, but in the last hour or two a few thousand dollars were instantly pledged, which people speculate to be a backup plan for the team; get some official investors to fund part of the project if crowdsourcing wasn't enough, but in return those investors get a say in the direction the show goes. So UtD's utterly unispired plot and character can be attributed to executive meddling.
Which sucks, but doesn't excuse it for being a pretty shitty product overall.

holy shit... they couldn't even make the promised 32 pages.

The best part is that they didn't even use any of the promo footage from the Kickstarter. Instead of an OVA we got a pilot episode.