Architecture

Whatever happened to grand ornate architecture? Was it degeneracy and a decline in adherents to christianity? (Post more grand christian architecture)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hkktEf_4irs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck christianity by the way

Why tho. They build such nice stuff

well I agree but thats about the only aspect which appeals to me.

Shitskin detected

I think Christian principles are quite good standards to live by. Even if they're rudimentary and found in lots of religions. Better a Galahad than a Fedora

With money they squeezed out of the peasents which in return lived in dirt. That's why barely anyone builts that stuff anymore. Nobody wants to finance a useless building that just looks nice. Maybe in Easter Europe.

>dat masonic chequered pattern

Yeah thanks for the historical materialism. You can peddle that on /leftypol/.

>That's why barely anyone builts that stuff anymore. Nobody wants to finance a useless building that just looks nice. Maybe in Easter Europe.
I'm amazed you can say that without sarcasm. I'm sure the new dome of the Reichstag appeals very much to you.

nah more like traditional pagan
I'm not atheist is a way that god doesnt exist,he may exist,but his teachings are weak,you can clearly see it whats happening

with the money they sacrificed they couldn't have built a shed... but this way they had a beautiful building they could visit any time, go and meet people, listen to the priest, sing, find a wife, get educated etc

now... YOU must go back to turkey

>muh leftypol
The church was a real scumbag institution that took money for shit like letters of indulgence. I don't have to be a communist to see why that's degenerate. The reason I said Easter Europe is because I read somewhere that church in Romania or something is filthy rich and swimming in gold. Don't take it personally, Georgi.

>meme flag
flag or gtfo. then we can talk.

>nah more like traditional pagan
There is nothing traditional about pagans. Neo-paganism started with the sexual liberation of the 60's. Hippies on acid are your tradition. Mine is ascetic saints.

In March 2001, the statues were destroyed by the Taliban of Mullah Omar following a decree issued by him. The Taliban supreme leader Mullah Omar explained why he ordered the statues to be destroyed in an interview:

I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings - the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.[28]

So he destroyed them to say fuck you?

>There is nothing traditional about pagans
the very roots of Europe esp germanics and slavs
>Neo-paganism started with the sexual liberation of the 60's. Hippies on acid are your tradition. Mine is ascetic saints.
havent read such bs in a while

that is like a zen story.

>The church was a real scumbag institution that took money for shit like letters of indulgence
No one forced you to buy indulgences. The modern German government takes money by force and much much more than the Church did. Arguments like that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Bump for architecture thread

Titus reportedly refused to accept a wreath of victory,[41] saying, "There is no merit in vanquishing a people forsaken by their own God."

hey thats my town!

That's the idea

Who can even compete?

mb

>b-b-b-but white people have no culture!

Of course they had to buy them if they were real believers. After all everyone sins and you need to be absolved somehow so you don't go to hell. Letters of indulgence were actually one of the things Martin Luther criticized the most.
Also I was answering why that architecture isn't built anymore which was OP's first question if I understood that correctly.

Um.. Disney world? Sears catalogue candy castle for $18.99? Your fking half-muslimed achitecture looks like it's out of an Aladdin re-run, least church-looking church on earth; would-not-worship-god-in/10
Ripe for the mosquening; thanks for decorating it for them

no it isn't.

Honestly not that impressive and I say that as a strong Orthodox advocate. Look the Hagia Sophia is a marvel especially considering the age in which it was built.
youtu.be/hkktEf_4irs

Architecture is an expression of a culture's soul. Modern man is soulless and nihilistic, so it finds expression in drab, formless, minimalist, uninspiring buildings.

Coming from a leaf, doesn't mean much. You consider *this* architecture. LEL. Looks like a low-tier Chinese city.

Fuck Christianity; it's judaism for goys.

Muslim domes are taken from Byzantium. The Russian onion shaped cupole are influenced by Byzantium too.

I think Lincoln's Cathedral is my favourite from the UK.

Beautiful as well.

pic related Zagreb Christmas Market, voted best in Europe multiple years in a row. Why are the Slavs so good at A E S T H E T I C S

My bad, here.

Was the first building to surpass the pyramids of giza as the tallest building in the world

It belongs to the shitskin masses now, herman.

Neoclassicist architechture was like the perfect combination of old greatness and modern simplification.

To bad degenerate utilitarist architecture prevailed.

Please don't tell me you have Rhenish blood. That would embarrass me.

DELET
Pic related is Sant'Ambrogio in Milan.

I love traditional Canadian architecture

Those fucking chairs, though. Whatever happened to the old fashioned pews?

Saw the model of that when I went to Berlin one of my most left leaning mates actually said "danm kinda makes you wish Hitler won the war looking at that".

We had Architecture down to a tee, where did we go so wrong.

Are there any cool parts of Italy with museums or at least beautiful architecture to visit during the summer without too many crowds?

I think that's how most Anglican churches are.

If only the rest was like Chester, that is quite some cherrypicking there if you compare to nearby towns like Crewe.

see
thats what happened

Do a little research it's pure blackpill.

what does pol thinks about russian architecture?

>P O L Y C H R O M E
>O
>L
>Y
>C
>H
>R
>O
>M
>E

In the late victorian age, Britain abdicated his position of leding innovator in favor of Germany and the US.
Since then your relevance has constantly declined.
Which part would you prefer? Italy is pretty extended in length.

I'm not cherrypicking OP said post nice architecture. The UK has some shitholes and some lovely towns same as anywhere.

I like the Tudor style. It's widely imitated in certain parts of the U.S. However, don't downplay Victorian architecture. I was actually impressed by Liverpool and Manchester when I made my way up north (ignoring the diversity of the latter).

The neighborhood I live in is also composed almost completely of houses inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement. British architecture is very underrated desu.

>ornate architecture
>christianity

pick one. last I know jesus didn't live in a palace, nor did his apostles

Before the Revolution? Very good, colletivisation and mass migration of peasants to urban centers resulted in pic related.

Puritans are pure cancer and ultimately it led you to TV evangelicals and mega churches.

I would say very original and true to the spirit of the people of your land.

Imo architecture in England is best

I've always liked how classic Russian architecture is at a crossroads between Western and Eastern without being some pretentious invention of a 19th century aesthete. Cool stuff.

Lombardy interests the lady and me the most.

Siena, Florence, Rome (especially Vatican) but only if it isn't crowded by chink hordes. Venice is nice but you can't breath from tourists. If you want galleries and museums go to Uffizi in Florence.

>where did good things go?
Answer is jews.

the jews got jealous

>Siena's Duomo appears
*teleports behind you*
I have to admit that most English cathedrals are impressive. The Lincoln cathedral is my favorite, Salisbury's is a notable one too.
I'm thinking in the meanwhile

looks like a fucking disney movie

>Lombardy
The famous cathedral and Sforza castle in Milan.

Florence is literally the most beautiful city on earth

That might be the ugliest thing i've ever seen in my entire life.

i honestly feel like pulling my eyes out with a dank spoon hole shit

>santa maria del fiore
My ears bleed when I hear this.

I was pleasantly surprised by the north because all of my friends are southies who talked poorly about it. And I agree that the British style is best.

Most of our architecture in SoCal is uninspired except for the occasional Art Deco building, but the Arts & Craftsman homes are sick. Ignore the 70's monstrosity in the background.

this is what's considered "ART" these days

Sad..

That's not actual stone is it? Knowing America it isn't but...

Well, let's start with Milano.
Milan is basically the largest center in which you can find:
The Duomo
Sforza's castle
Brera's art museum
Museum of the XX art
Ambrogio's Cathedral
And many many other sites

Outiside Milan there are some gems:
The Certosa of Pavia
Mantua (palace, duomo, castle)
Lake Maggiore, Como and Garda.
Borromean islands on lake maggiore are quite unmentioned, I recommend a visit there.
Picrelated is one of them.

Pt. 2
Anyway I'd recommend a guide for the entire area, there are so many things to see that even italians forget about these gems.

Here’s another. Kill man’s sense of values. Kill his capacity to recognise greatness or to achieve it. Great men can’t be ruled. We don’t want any great men. Don’t deny conception of greatness. Destroy it from within. The great is the rare, the difficult, the exceptional. Set up standards of achievement open to all, to the least, to the most inept – and you stop the impetus to effort in men, great or small. You stop all incentive to improvement, to excellence, to perfection. Laugh at Roark and hold Peter Keating as a great architect. You’ve destroyed architecture. Build Lois Cook and you’ve destroyed literature. Hail Ike and you’ve destroyed the theatre. Glorify Lancelot Clankey and you’ve destroyed the press. Don’t set out to raze all shrines – you’ll frighten men, Enshrine mediocrity - and the shrines are razed.

I'll tell you why. STOP being a Christian. Christianity is a Jewish religion.

I was thinking the lady and I would hit up places like Florence, Rome, and Venice in the winter to avoid the long lines and crowds. Uffizi and the Vatican are personally what I am most curious about seeing before I die. And then anything else that isn't the most popular places.

We don't care about weather much because we care more about crowds than the weather. The chinkies are specifically the group we want to avoid the most.

I'll take notes in a little notepad. Thanks!

That looks more like a badly-designed cake than a church.

Is that Utoya?