HAPPENING RIGHT NOW GET IN HERE

Memphis, TN has decided to violate numerous TN state laws, as well as state court decisions ruling against Memphis, so that it can remove the statutes of Nathan Bedford Forrest and Jefferson Davis.

Tonight, Memphis has sold off the public parks containing the statutes to a (city owned?) private entity and immediately begun removing the statutes.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/12/20/memphis-confederate-statues-removal/971882001/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=raVFzZZLp3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good

kill yourself faggot

When was it put there? I don't care about any from after 1900

youtube.com/watch?v=raVFzZZLp3A

gump eternally btfo

(1904)

The only reason to keep a confederate statue is if it's historical. At some point you have to stop letting the losers put up monuments to losing.

all i feel is rage. i wish moonman was real

If they're adamant about doing it and the nofuckyoutheyallstay isn't possible, grandfather clause as compromise. Statues erected after a certain date. Argue over which date until they lose interest and move on to their fresh new outrage.

Stick around shill and get pilled

go TN whoop whoop

rocky top represent

Memphis is a semi lawless city overrun by nogs. The police don't even pull anyone over and more than half of murders are never solved. The place is a shit hole and it even has a stupid hipster scene.

I love the countryside up there though. Much nicer than Texas.

I've been here for many years, all you've done is push me farther left.

memphis is the most niggerized city in the great state of TN

Well Sup Forums is filled with many mentally ill people. I suppose liberals being here makes sense too.

Welcome to Niggertown.

Don’t worry, I can push you 6 feet further

That like rubber glue typa deal?

>Imagine Chicago with a Stand-your-ground law, Castle Doctrine and Good Samaritan act.
I rather like it here.

They can remove every monument, smash every tombstone and remove every bit of the legacy of that glorious Confederacy every held they want, but they will never, EVER be able to change the fact that 750,000 men, outnumbered and outgunned stood against many and fought a valiant struggle for four long years.

They will never be able to erase the blood spilled in the fields of a small town called Gettysburg, where 12,000 men advanced over a mile under artillery and musket fire, before slamming into a defended position and still pushing their enemy back 100 yards before finally getting repulsed.

They will never be able to erase the heroism of 30,000 men bottled up in a city called Vicksburg along the mighty Mississippi, cut off but undaunted and fighting until they could do so no more.

They will never be able the desperate courage found in the Wilderness, where a Confederate Army outnumbered two to one smashed in BOTH of their rival's flanks, and forced said force to retreat.

They will never able to erase the brutal trench warfare of Petersburg and Richmond, where 60,000 men held on in the desperate but ultimately vain hope victory could still be achieved. They fought to the very last at the fields of Appomattox, where a division under a man named Rodes was able to get one last lick in for the Army of Northern Virginia by breaking a Federal cav force.

In short, though they may remove the legacy of that glorious struggle, they will never be able to remove the heroism of those men, who gave their all and it is the thought of that, that these men long gone can still be inspirations for free men, that keeps tyrants awake at night.

>Highest poverty rate of any major city
>4th highest crime rate in the USA
>Murder rate 5x the national average

Let's remove these oppressive statues and desecrate some graves! That'll fix everything! ~ Liberal logic